Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree104Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Have to tell a funny. I missed the mailman on Friday and there was a slip of paper saying I had a certified letter from Austiin Texas. Well I thought I don't really know anyone from there and I told my sister. She told me that the Federal Govt is in Austin and that I was probably getting audited or something from there. I was nervous all night. Ends up it was from one of the Community Managers at SCS. She sent me an Amazon gift card thanking me for everything I do through RAK. Thought that was very nice.

I hope to work on a few cards today but it is another nice day here so we will probably get a walk in somewhere.

I had read something in an article that the DASH diet was rated the best. Not sure exactly what it is but I have requested books from the library on it. Weight Watchers was Number 2.

DASH? Oh I want to hear about that one! I've tried Weight Watchers but those weekly fees were killing me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #202
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Lena,

The DASH diet stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. Basically you eat what is good for you. Fresh veggies, lean meat, grains, etc. I will know more when I get the book. Of course I usually read the books and go on eating my sweets that I shouldn't.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #203
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I agree Lena ... WW is a lot of money and it just irritates me to pay when I should be able to do it myself.

Congrats on the giftcard to Amazon Tracie. That's a lot better than a notice of being audited!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #204
Watercolor Wizard

I just don't understand why people invest in the "Jenny Craig" style diet where you buy and eat only their food--what do you do --eat it for the rest of your life? My older brother Gary did the Slim Fast diet for awhile--he lost weight but was back up to gaining the last time I saw him...Curious about this DASH diet...going to google it right now!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #205
Hardware Hotshot

Well, Jenny Craig and Nutrasystem work that's probably why people go for them. But you are right, when you transition back to "normal" eating, problems arise.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Debra and Scott said the food from nutra-system tastes like cardboard. That is all they had to say about it. So it didn't work cause they couldn't eat it. Nothing tasted good.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm checking into the South Beach diet Lena. Did you pay the monthly fee of $16.00 and do it online or just buy the book..inquiring minds want to know.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #208
Glitter Guru

I think in the long run it only helps to change the eating habits. I've been a year with WW. During this time I lost my pounds. Since I keep my weight. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It's now 6-8 years ago. It is a good help, and now I know how it goes

Of the diets where you should eat certain products, I do not believe. You can not eat these things all your life.

I eat and enjoy everything in moderation - Life should be FUN !!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #209
Glitter Guru

From the Heart Stamps is making a Valentine Blog Hop. Join the fun !
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #210
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

Tracie: Congratulations on the gift card. I was telling someone the other day about Linda and I going to Kansas City and getting to meet you. How you made the most awesome gift sacks for us. I still have everything..but the water. Wish it was were we could make another trip.
After reading about the DASH diet...I need to google it as well. Need to do something about this extra weight I accumulated over the last 10 years. That's what I hate about getting older. It seemed like one day it decided it wasn't going anywhere. It's been stuck to my butt, gut, and everywhere since. I know I'm not near as active as I once was. I used to be doing something all the time. Physically that is. Now I move to the couch to the office chair to the kitchen chair. lol My husband just tells me it's part of getting older.
I'm off to check out Imke's blog hop suggestion.
Ladies hope you all have a good day.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I'm checking into the South Beach diet Lena. Did you pay the monthly fee of $16.00 and do it online or just buy the book..inquiring minds want to know.

Linda I bought the book. Tina and I both use the South Beach way of eating! You eat everyday foods but you have to change to whole wheat and no white potatoes. I make all my same deserts but use Splenda or Splenda blend. They also have an awesome brown sugar. I have pancakes made with Whole wheat flour and we even make our cornbread with Whole wheat flour. It's just a matter of reading the labels and changing how you cook. I weighted 229 last Jan now I'm down to 189. I've gone from size 22 to size 16 and now my 16's are getting loose. It's also for diabetics and heart patients. Healthy eating. Plus I can have all I want to eat and believe me I love to eat!

Last edited by tackertwosome; 01-28-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #212
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena, there are lots of books from them. Which book did you buy? I also think I should check out the Dash diet.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Debra, I was thinking we needed to go visit Tracie again soon. Maybe we should plan a trip in April or May....save our money to shop! I am supposed to get my cameo Wed. or Thurs. Due to snow Suzanne did not mail it until this Thurs. You need to come help me learn how to use it.

Off to see Imke's blog.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #213
Glitter Guru

Linda, Debra- Thanks for joining the blog hop ladies ! I keep my fingers crossed for you !

Have a great day everyone !
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

good morning

Linda I just loaned my book out I'll have to ask her which one it is. I'd be more than happy to pick one up for you. I got my granddaughter one at half price books. Maybe I'll get to go to town sometime this week,
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies your images are going out today.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #216
Stazon Splitcoast

Can't wait! That would be great Lena as we lost our book store last year and only have Hastings or Walmart who never put their books on sale. Even if I don't do the diet I would have the healthy recipes but I am thinking I would do that diet.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Can't wait! That would be great Lena as we lost our book store last year and only have Hastings or Walmart who never put their books on sale. Even if I don't do the diet I would have the healthy recipes but I am thinking I would do that diet.

I sure will do that for you! I think you will like it a lot! I'm just not sure when I'll be going to the city. But soon!

Images are postal so please let me know when you get them.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #218
Watercolor Wizard

Lena--can't wait! My sis in England just sent me her 6x6 + our latest image which are (2) different chickens from Whippersnapper! They are verrry cute! I will have to go look up their names since she forgot to tell us what they were! I also have a new person from Jan's work who joined our UK/USA team swap! She did her chicken photo but it uploaded to only an inch--very difficult to see and you cannot enlarge it because it blurrrrrs! haha She's excited to join my swappy!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #219
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Hello everyone; headache finally gone! Weather today has been warm and raining most of the day; supposed to have high winds tonight and temps will begin to drop. We needed the rain, for sure.

Debra and Linda, Tracie is such an awesome hostess! She presented my friend and I with wonderful goody bags. We had such a good time when I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in KC this past October. Wish I could have stayed longer! Will have to plan another trip to visit sometime; just hope I don't lose my voice again!! LOL

Before chemo, I did the WW diet and became a lifetime member (at that time I only had 15 pounds to lose); I became a WW leader and as soon as I took on my first class, I was diagnosed with cancer and couldn't continue. I know it works, but I tried it again after chemo...just couldn't get the weight off; my metabolism is shot! BUT, I watch my carbs...I do more lean meats and veggies, and salads with a splash of Italian dressing, and no (well, seldom) breads, potatoes, corn, peas, or pastas. I have somewhat of a sweet tooth and do like a bite of chocolate once in a while!

Tracie, how awesome to receive the gift certificate!

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the evening.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Hello everyone; headache finally gone! Weather today has been warm and raining most of the day; supposed to have high winds tonight and temps will begin to drop. We needed the rain, for sure.

Debra and Linda, Tracie is such an awesome hostess! She presented my friend and I with wonderful goody bags. We had such a good time when I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in KC this past October. Wish I could have stayed longer! Will have to plan another trip to visit sometime; just hope I don't lose my voice again!! LOL

Before chemo, I did the WW diet and became a lifetime member (at that time I only had 15 pounds to lose); I became a WW leader and as soon as I took on my first class, I was diagnosed with cancer and couldn't continue. I know it works, but I tried it again after chemo...just couldn't get the weight off; my metabolism is shot! BUT, I watch my carbs...I do more lean meats and veggies, and salads with a splash of Italian dressing, and no (well, seldom) breads, potatoes, corn, peas, or pastas. I have somewhat of a sweet tooth and do like a bite of chocolate once in a while!

Tracie, how awesome to receive the gift certificate!

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the evening.

LOL Viciki I also was a WW's leader. I held classes were I worked we had a gym and a very nice set up! But alas when I had to start my chemo the doctor told me no diet. I tried to explain that it was just healthy eating but he still wouldn't budge. I was shocked. Yes, that is what I leave off also white potatoes, corn, white pastas but I can have sweet potatoes and wheat pasta so I'm good! LOL I can also have chocolate dipped strawberries! Which I LOVE!!!!!!

Tracie I received my gift card too! yeah can't wait to go shopping. Someone was telling me about a Copic holder they have and she likes them so I just might have to check those out!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #221
Polyshrink Goddess

Linda that would be so much fun. Hoping Scott and I will be able to make it up in a week.

Vickie so glad your headache is gone. I hate them. Wished we could have got to be there for that..then we could have all hung out. Love you ladies.

Imke: I'm crossing my fingers too. lol

Taking my dad to the doctor tomorrow. It's a two hour drive from where we live. It's just a follow up after he had surgery to remove a mass in his colon. It was cancer, so far he is doing good.
This week has been so crazy. I worked Monday..off Tuesday took take DH to doctor..worked today..then off tomorrow and Friday.
Hope you ladies have a great day. Having to log into a online meeting. Yeah..not. lol
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, so glad you are feeling better.

I just got my mail but no image, betting it comes tomorrow. My cameo is supposed to arrive tomorrow too! It will be an exciting day for sure.

Debra, I loved the stores that Tracie took us to and really want to go again. It would be fun to just get away as long as Tracie is available. I want Tracie to show me how to make some of the goodies she made us.

Hope all of you have a great day. IT is very cold here today, but was 76 two days ago and 72 yesterday.....

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #223
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Girls - I would love it if you all would come to KC. We have so many LSS in the area. So much fun. We would have a blast. I love being a tour guide. Next time though I will make myself available and scrap all weekend. You know I love to plan get togethers. Just tell me when.

Glad you got you gift card also Lena. Haven't decided what I am going to do with mine. I also got a I Tunes gift card for Christmas. I think I am going to buy the new Josh Groban CD. Just love his music.

I need to get busy. Have a great week. Lena - Can't wait to see the images.

Meljen's Designs
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #224
Die Cut Diva

Hooray!!! I finally got my card downloaded!! Just in the nick of time...I slid right under the wire and got it in this month!! Imke will be proud of me!! Now to comment on all the other cards!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #225
Glitter Guru

Pat- Itīs just in time and itīs very pretty !

Iīm very proud of you all !! For the first month it is a complete success. Although we are not all finished, but at least 10 of 13 people !! It is so much fun to see all the different cards in the gallery .
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 AM   #226
Glitter Guru

Did you hear that ?
The Cookie Monster stole the golden cookie of company logos in Hannover, Germany !!
Hanover is my neighboring town. A half-hour drive away. I'm curious how the story ends. It's funny in any case.

newspaper article
Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #227
Polyshrink Goddess

I got my image. I love it. Fits a lot of friends I have.
I'm trying to comment from my phone. Hit every letter but the one I need.
Have a goodnight everyone.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #228
Watercolor Wizard

No fun mail for me yet...I be lookin' for Lena's image soon huh? As it sprinkles across the country-it's got to make through our next batch of crummy weather!

Get this, woke up today--it was a balmy 60 degrees--very windy, trees down all over the state...telephone poles...hurricane winds and rain last night...by mid day it was a sunny 40 and tonight it will be a minus 8 degrees!!! Can you imagine if you were from another planet and moved here today--HUH? <making crazy face at screen> What is with this weather?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra G Smith View Post
I got my image. I love it. Fits a lot of friends I have.
I'm trying to comment from my phone. Hit every letter but the one I need.
Have a goodnight everyone.

Good I'm glad you like it! LOL I think Linda will like it too.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

I love it Lena! Got mine today to.

Also got my Cameo....so now to learn!!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #231
Glitter Guru

Wonderful, the first images for February arrives !

Happy Friday !
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #232
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I bet mine comes in the mail today. I will anxiously await for the mail to come today. Yippee!

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I love it Lena! Got mine today to.

Also got my Cameo....so now to learn!!!
Linda I thought you would love it! I'm not so sure about everyone else! lol I have mine colored but not put together yet. Can't wait to see what you do with your image.

Debi (bottomphish )sent me the stamp as a gift and I shared with her that we were going to use it this month! he he he She and I facetime each other so we can see things each of us has made, That is so fun! I love it.

Hope some more arrive today and please don't shot me when you get it I'm sure it will be out of the box for some of you.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #234
Watercolor Wizard

Lena---Giddy-up....got my image! This will be fun!

Okay--eebie geebies here...the HUGEST, hairy, gross spider just crawled up the side wall--I swear it was big enough to have teeth and wear cowboy boots! eeek...I just let it crawl up into the ceiling foundation....(bare cement walls down here) I was just relieved he/it made it all the way up w/o letting go and falling on to my printer! <shiver bumps> eeek! They say, spiders are good luck! Who say's this I don't know...so I let him be--God knows I can use a lil' good luck!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #235
Hardware Hotshot

Bleah, speee-i-ders are icky.

I can't believe that you had the courage to calmly sit and watch as it climbed the wall. At that point I run upstairs to (if the kids are watching) grab something to pummel the snot out of it or (if the kids are in bed) grab Ken and make HIM deal with it! I'm trying VERY hard not to pass my bug fears to the kids but I think they know that they .... are NOT my favorite!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #236
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Bleah, speee-i-ders are icky.

I can't believe that you had the courage to calmly sit and watch as it climbed the wall. At that point I run upstairs to (if the kids are watching) grab something to pummel the snot out of it or (if the kids are in bed) grab Ken and make HIM deal with it! I'm trying VERY hard not to pass my bug fears to the kids but I think they know that they .... are NOT my favorite!
"Pummel the snot out of it"...Okay ladies...lets use this statement in a story! hahaha

LOVE IT! hahaha I am usually a lil' more crass with the basic "Beat the ever livin' carp out of it"...But I think you have converted me from now on!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #237
Watercolor Wizard

I was just perusing the WSD's site (WhipperSnappers) for my sister's bday pres...and have you all seen their new stuff--sorry to be an enabler...but cute stuff...Love the lil' dressed up girl and the sentiment that say's "Accessorize"...adorable! Anyway, I peeled myself away from it--she wants more chicken stamps (so there's this dressed up chicken in high heels) Heaven help me--I did not buy it ....yet! Who said they could make such cute stamps...not fair <hands on hips>

Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #238
Gabfest Goddess

Lena's February image arrived in yesterday's mail (those mail carriers really do deliver through "rain, sleet, snow"....!!) Can't wait to get creating! Thanks, Lena!!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #239
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Got mine yesterday too. So runny.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #240
Die Cut Diva

Lena got mine yesterday too and Tracie mine was funny and runny too!!
Closed Thread