Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree104Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #481
Stazon Splitcoast

Debra, I was also on the phone with Scott during all these storms. He was worried because after leaving you guys it was coming our way. Thank goodness we didn't get anything but rain, lots of wind and more rain which we needed. The weird thing is during tornado season it is usually very warm, well it was in 70's yesterday and today woke up to 42 and the high is 47, very cold for April. We don't go to a shelter, Glenn and I have no little ones to protect so we just sit them out at home, sometimes outside watching them if there are any in site. I just read a book if we lose electricity. I don't panic easy unless it is for my kids or grandkids. I am also working on a baby card for Shelby's shower in two weeks. This one is another boy!! I want a new great granddaughter.

Joanna, I know you must be tired of the snow.

I went to the hair dresser today and got a haircut and a perm. I needed it. It was so cold out I came straight home. I went in a T-shirt thinking it would be warm when I got out but NO, so no shopping today. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow no matter what the weather.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #482
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, very, VERY tired of snow. It is nearing May. We should be having Spring ... but no. It will probably leap right to summer and get hot. I hate when we skip a season.

Today, I called Ken because both the oven and the fridge were off and despite my repeated attempts to trip the breakers, nothing happened. He drove all the way home and then I discovered that the GFI breaker on one of the plugs had tripped. Oops. I should have checked that first. Oh well, who knew?!! He was a tad grumpy about having driven all the way home!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #483
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, get this crazy stuff, it is now 39 degree and a freeze warning for tonight, 72 yesterday. I am sick of this and know you are.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #484
Watercolor Wizard

Debra--yikes...Tornado's are scary---When I lived in Illinois--we used to get them every now and again--usually in late July and August when the weather was so hot--the sky would turn that funny dark gray /purple...and I always remember everything would be very still-we'd look at the leaves on the trees and not one would move...we'd always pray for the rain to come--to kick the tornado out of town...eery feeling...hope your crew is okay.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #485
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

Susanne..watching news and hope your okay. Im not sure where bouts you live. Praying for everyone.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #486
Polyshrink Goddess

Well we all survived the weather. Thanks for thoughts.
Joanna...I hope it doesnt scare him to much reading. We have good weather reporters that keep us updated and we have plenty of time to take shelter.
Yes..I am so ready for warm weather.
Watching news from Boston and this is so crazy. Susanne be safe.
We are talking to our friends in Boston on skype now. I think they are ready for tornados over the bombs...lol
Better get off here. Good day
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #487
Glitter Guru

Debra- Good to hear that you and your family are safe !! Tornado's are really no fun !! Luckily, I only know them from the TV. In Germany we have no tornadoes.

Joanna- I hope the spring is coming to you VERY soon !!

I hope to work on Tinaīs image this weekend.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #488
Glitter Guru

I have not managed to make Tina's image on weekends
I hope I find time this week. We want to replant our front yard and there is little crafting time.

What about you ? Has anyone done a card ?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #489
Stazon Splitcoast

I have his face colored and that is all. I've been putting together a few cards that I already had images colored. I need to get in a coloring mood. Too much fun time cutting with my cameo.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #490
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, are there 12 of us in this swap this year? That is what I have counted but want to be sure as I have June and since I will be at Denise's in California the last week of May and first week of June so I want to mail my June images by May 20. I don't want to miss anyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #491
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I thought I would work on mine over the weekend but it didn't happen. Hopefully this weekend coming up. It is going to make the perfect birthday card for my husband.
Debra G Smith likes this post.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #492
Watercolor Wizard

I cannot believe I haven't started on my image-tsk tsk...but this weekend I will..Right now I am working on some "twisted cards" and cannot seem to get the inserts to fit properly--I need to have some SU thank you cards ready from now on...

Things I did get done--I ironed 27 shirts/blouses yesterday!!! Yes I did. I usually iron as I go--but thought this will hold me and Tom over for a few weeks! Parked the ironing board in front of the TV, got my Magic Sizing spray and worked my tail off! Before you know it I had to raid the closets for hangers! Feels good to have some of my nice shirts/blouses on the ready--whodah thunk?!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #493
Die Cut Diva

Susanne I know what you mean. It's very different working outside home. I've done the same thing with ironing, it seems like you make more of an effort to keep things running smoothly at home because you just don't have as much time available. That way when you get home from work and fall into your favorite chair you have one less thing to worry about getting done. You are so lucky to find a job you are so suited to, but you'll learn to juggle what has to be done and what can wait a bit.

I need to get started on Tina's image too...hopefully this weekend!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #494
Hardware Hotshot

I tried to get Lena's image done last night. I couldn't sleep. I had the card made but when when I plunked the image on it ... I hated it. I think the sketch was too girly for the image.

I ended up ripping off the image and finishing the card with something else. I posted the "something else" card on my blog. I think it was the ribbon that made it too girly (I keep thinking about Jessica's adage that man cards can't have ribbon). I'll give it another go later this week.

It's weird because I really DO like the image.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #495
Glitter Guru

Joanna- I know what you mean. Sometimes I am also not satisfied with a card result. I put the things aside and then work the next day on. Sometimes it helps, but sometimes it's just trash. Fortunately, we have mostly two images

Susanne- I do not like ironing, so I always wait until I have a few things together

I hope Lena is doing well. I wonder if she is pleased with our "Cheer Up" cards ?!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #496
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow Susanne! that's great. Mine is piled up in a basket some are hanging in the closet on one side to let me know they need ironed. I am so far behind I just want to scream. I have been ironing as I go. Thought about cheating with taking them to the cleaners, but needing to save on money right now. This remodel is going to take a chunk.

I was going to try and work on my image today. I better hurry.

Hope you ladies have a good day.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #497
Watercolor Wizard

Debra--when we were first married, I was working f/t...I took Tom's shirts to the cleaners and after a few trips I'd have to throw them away! That got me mad enough to invest in a good iron and a sturdy board! Over the years, I go in spurts to do the ironing--good movie on...yank out the board and get it done...otherwise I am running by the seat of my pants to do them dayin...dayout...OY! Tom has ironed his own shirts in a pinch--but I can do it much faster and better! Funny: my SIL calls me the "good wife" for ironing--she does not do my BIL's shirts--he fends for himself! I keep telling him to use Magic Sizing and he complains that his shirts will be "wet"...I say nutuh....you are spraying too much..if you have it sent on cotton/high setting...it's like the heat eats up all the spray instantly! Anyway, Tom's good for at least 2 weeks!

Funny: I bought these smokin' sneaker with blue, green and a dash of purple on them--now I feel I have to match my tops/jeans to them!!! Call me crazy!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #498
Glitter Guru

I worked on Tinaīs image yesterday. I colored with Copics, but the colors are run over the edges....gggrrrrrr ....it looks totally bad....so in the trash !!!!

I took the second image and colored it with my Faber Castell watercolor crayons. It is not a watercolor paper and I hope when I'm working with water it does not run me again. I hope it works. If not, I still have a third image. Then I try my SU markers
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a card made out of Tina's image but of course it is too big for SCS. I now have Picasso and went to resize and did it under the number they ask for but SCS says it is still too big and I can't pull up resize again for some crazy reason. I am giving up today, 3 hours is too long to try to get a photo on SCS.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #500
Hardware Hotshot

I've already gone through my three images and it's a no go ... anyone want to scan the image and send it via e-mail?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #501
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I got a card made out of Tina's image but of course it is too big for SCS. I now have Picasso and went to resize and did it under the number they ask for but SCS says it is still too big and I can't pull up resize again for some crazy reason. I am giving up today, 3 hours is too long to try to get a photo on SCS.
Lydia from SCS told me to set my digi camera on the "tulips"...I know Heather said that had nothing to do with it--but it does...See if you can retake the camera...watch for the pixel size on the camera---it'll say something about "ready for upload status"...sounds like "Hey...look here if you want to upload it to a smaller pixel size"...I know, not a brain child here...but it does it automatically for you...???

Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #502
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I've already gone through my three images and it's a no go ... anyone want to scan the image and send it via e-mail?
Of Patti's image or Tina's image? Patti's is done and gone...but I have Tina's image in the envy-plan to work on it this weekend...want it?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #503
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Susanne I know what you mean. It's very different working outside home. I've done the same thing with ironing, it seems like you make more of an effort to keep things running smoothly at home because you just don't have as much time available. That way when you get home from work and fall into your favorite chair you have one less thing to worry about getting done. You are so lucky to find a job you are so suited to, but you'll learn to juggle what has to be done and what can wait a bit.

I need to get started on Tina's image too...hopefully this weekend!!
Pat, I only wish Kala was more domesticated. I had to call her today to remind her to walk Muddy and to stir the crockpot chix!!! I come home to a sink full of dirty dishes (I emptied the dishwasher before work)...she has absolutely no clue to just do it! Tonight, we gather the garbage for the pick up tomorrow---I was up to my elbows washing dishes and baking and asked (nicely) if she could run upstairs and collect (2) plastic bags from bathroom trash and you think I asked her to paint a ceiling!!!!!! Oh MY this girl has to think outside her lil' box!!!! <

Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #504
Hardware Hotshot

Oh honey, my HUSBAND (who is probably 3X K's age) can't load the dishwasher to save his life. I'm sewing all day with my partner. We're setting up an etsy store today and want to have a "stock" of quilts to list. Once it's up ... I'll post the link. It's starting to look really good now that I finished making the store banner.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Lydia from SCS told me to set my digi camera on the "tulips"...I know Heather said that had nothing to do with it--but it does...See if you can retake the camera...watch for the pixel size on the camera---it'll say something about "ready for upload status"...sounds like "Hey...look here if you want to upload it to a smaller pixel size"...I know, not a brain child here...but it does it automatically for you...???
I am sure it would work but don't have the tulip on my camera or if so I haven;t found it. I'll have Gregg and Denise look at it as they both know quite a bit about cameras. I hope it has something like that on it but so far I haven't found it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #506
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally figured out how to resize on photoshop. My card is Catch of The Day!! by Linda Palmer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #507
Glitter Guru

Joanna- I have one image left (Ralph Fishing) if you want i scan it and mail it to you. I just need your email adress. Let me know
Canīt wait to see your projects in YOUR etsy store. How cool your own shop !

Linda- Fantastic card !! The DP is sooo matching - love it !!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #508
Glitter Guru

Joanna- Eekkk what I'm just saying ? I have absolutely no image left ! Sorry. One goes in the trash with Copics, one with SU markers and the last one with Fabel Castell i took for my card.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #509
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I am sticking one in the mail to you today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #510
Glitter Guru

My card is done - I just have to take a picture.
I'm not happy with it. The saying in German I did not understand. Some things you can not translate without losing the joke or the sense.

Anyway, I have used a different but i think it also doesnīt fit. You will see it.....
Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #511
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I finished coloring mine but not real happy with it. Might try coloring another image and use my pencils. Or maybe not. Hopefully finish up today.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #512
Glitter Guru

Apparently many of us have problems with it. Tina has given us a real challenge with this image **lol***

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I finished coloring mine but not real happy with it. Might try coloring another image and use my pencils. Or maybe not. Hopefully finish up today.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #513
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

I know each of you will have a fabulous card to share using the image from Tina. Can someone tell me the name of the image and company??

Susanne, you had mentioned sending out your image early; just asking if it was mailed; if so, I've not received it. (If I read back on the posts, I could probably find my answer, but I'm a lazy stamper today!)
Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #514
Hardware Hotshot

I think Susie said it was Fishing Ralph from Rubbernecker
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #515
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I think Susie said it was Fishing Ralph from Rubbernecker
I hope you get your image in the mail tomorrow Joanna.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #516
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

It's me Lena!!! I'm feeling a little better today so thought I'd try to say hello. Yes, Imke I have loved receiving all the beautiful cards! Thank you all so much for thinking of me and sharing your master pieces with me.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #517
Stazon Splitcoast

So good to see and hear from you Lena. I know it must be so tough but hang in there, we are all praying for you. Lots of hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #518
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Sending hugs and prayers your way, Lena! So happy you "stopped" in to say hello.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #519
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Glad to hear from you Lena. Glad you are having a good day. We are all thinking of you.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #520
Watercolor Wizard

the image is from Rubbernecker...Ralph...tried to verify on their site today but it was bumpin' me off!

No Vickie--my images are right here--going postal tomorrow!

Closed Thread