Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #321
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: got my image today ... woo hooo, can't wait to figure out a lay-out. Silly but I'm actually thinking about it and it's not even March yet! And thank heavens for your note 'cause I almost missed "it" too.

Pat: I went to the website for the crepe paper flowers. I'm glad I did. I'm inspired to try making a few.

Sus: Do I remember sleeping? Sadly, it's a distant memory. DH and I were just talking about PK activities when we went out to a movie on Saturday. He said, "why don't we do this more often?" uh ... prolly the $24 for the movie, $12 for snacks that he has to have and then the $30 for the babysitter!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #322
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - I am doing a happy dance for you.

Imke - I received my images today and I can't wait to color it up. Just darling. I am really enjoying stamped images that I have never seen. Thanks so much.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 02-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #323
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Thanks everyone for doin' the happy dance with me!

Imke, I also received the images today and the little charm! Can't wait to play!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #324
Die Cut Diva

Yeah Vickie I am so glad you got good news!!

AAAAAaahhhhhh, I can't wait for my image to arrive {***insert Donelda laying on the carpet pounding her fists and feet and having a good old temper tantrum***} LOL!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #325
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

I need to go to the post office to see if my images are there!

Man I have a lot of catching up to do. We have been having some storms. Last night high winds, rain and hail. Ground still wet from the last bad storm. The rain messes up my internet connections. Have to let it dry out then it comes back on. DH called I guess we had to reset something. Glad he was here to do it.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #326
Forum Fanatic

Queenie Jo: I cannot remember going on a date with my DH! It's either sports, exhaustion, tight budget, teenagers all over the place (don't feel comfortable not being home)--really, no vacation in 8 years and no dates...how boring are we? I can't even get my DH to take a week off of work--he'll say he's taking time off, but he's just going into the office until 3:00 which turns into 5:00 instead of his usual 6:30am--7:30pm! yeah, we're all a lil' exhausted!

I am going to my nephew's wedding in July--alone! It's just crazy expensive and no one really wants to go, plus the boy's will be working and I REFUSE to leave them home alone--no way--plus they are too old for babysitters...so it's a lose-lose situation...I'll just pop into the wedding and take off!

OK, need to scroll back and see what I missed...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #327
Forum Fanatic

This is sooo wierd..there is an advertisement on this page for Consumer Reports (washers and dryers) <twilight zone music here>....how does the SCS site know I am shopping for a W/D? By the way, talk about mind boggling--I just got home from Lowes...all these cubic feet and features can make a laundry queen's head twirl!!! Hey, the new washers don't have the aggitator in the middle anymore? Who knew? Can you tell I have been washing with an old crummy appliance that is probably 3.0 cu?!!! I want a top loader that is 5.0cu!!! hahaha I hate shopping for this stuff...it's soooo boring

Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #328
Stampin' Fool

Imke, I have recieved my image, it is so cute!!!! I love the charm.... I can't wait to color it. Thanks so much

Vickie, CONGRATS, I have been gone all day, just now getting on my computer....I talked to my mom earlier today, DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #329
Gallery Gazer

Hello,

Vickie- Im so glad that the wait is over. And that are wonderful news. I'm very happy for you

Ladies, it's nice to hear that the images arrive and you like it. I 'm curious what you do with it.

Donelda- I think the Post will soon arrive with you. My experience: from Germany to Canada the mail get faster than from the U.S. I keep my fingers crossed.

Linda- Great, that you will help Denise with the Pic. Then hers is also in the gallery. Perfect !!

To ALL: Tanja is moving in April. I will send you all soon her new address. I think it's important for Joanna. She is our hostess in April

Have a great day.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #330
Die Cut Diva

Imke I got my images yesterday...love the charm. Thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #331
Glitter Guru

Susanne, great choice on a top loader, I missed the washer convo yesterday or I would have thrown my 2 cents in. I've got a front loader, only three years old. I told the ladies before that it eats socks (literally), had to have the repair man out and he found several socks in the drainage tubing. It also mangles and tears the clothes. Think it it the lip along the front edge that sucks in the clothes. Really a mess! The Sears guy who came for the repair told me he hates front loaders, said most of his appliance calls are for them. So anyway....top loader=good choice.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #332
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne: I'd go shopping with you .... I LOVE shopping for appliances. I don't know why. I REALLY want a new washer/dryer but every time one of them breaks, my DH or the repairman fixes it. Dang him!

Kathy: Our appliance man says the same thing about front loaders ... but they sure are pretty!

I went to the gym yesterday to do legs and overdid it on squats and lunges. Now I'm whimpering every time I climb up and down the stairs. Kinda a bummer for me that it's laundry day!

AND I just found out that I need to make an Earth Day costume by Friday for my oldest child's "Festivale of Life" celebration that he's doing. Any ideas?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

I got my images Imke. I am hoping I can find the little extra. It either fell out and I need to do a better job of looking or I didn't get it. If I don't find it, can I just go to HL and buy one? I'm sorry if I didn't pay enough attention when I opened. I'll continue to look around on the floor. I love the image. Great choice.

I posted a one of the new Magnolia images on my blog. She is Tilda with Hawaiian flower. I've got to get busy and get some masculine images finished today so I can make the boys some cards.

Have a good day everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #334
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
This is sooo wierd..there is an advertisement on this page for Consumer Reports (washers and dryers) <twilight zone music here>....how does the SCS site know I am shopping for a W/D? By the way, talk about mind boggling--I just got home from Lowes...all these cubic feet and features can make a laundry queen's head twirl!!! Hey, the new washers don't have the aggitator in the middle anymore? Who knew? Can you tell I have been washing with an old crummy appliance that is probably 3.0 cu?!!! I want a top loader that is 5.0cu!!! hahaha I hate shopping for this stuff...it's soooo boring

Well this may sound crazy but if you mention something in a post about certains things an ad pops up about it. I noticed it with stamping items the first time.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #335
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I got my images Imke. I am hoping I can find the little extra. It either fell out and I need to do a better job of looking or I didn't get it. If I don't find it, can I just go to HL and buy one? I'm sorry if I didn't pay enough attention when I opened. I'll continue to look around on the floor. I love the image. Great choice.

I posted a one of the new Magnolia images on my blog. She is Tilda with Hawaiian flower. I've got to get busy and get some masculine images finished today so I can make the boys some cards.

Have a good day everyone.
Oh Linda I hope you find the charm it's one of a cute sun and it was loose in the envelope. I almost didn't see it but I read about it in a post so knew to look for it. Got my fingers crossed you find it.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #336
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke I received my images and the image is soooooo cute and I love the charm! Thanks for the extra challenge! he he he
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #337
Gallery Gazer

Hi there,

Linda, i really hope you will find the charm. I'm sorry, I should have stick it on a paper - my mistake. Of course you can take another if you do not find it again.

I am glad that you are agree with my choice-have fun !!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
Well this may sound crazy but if you mention something in a post about certains things an ad pops up about it. I noticed it with stamping items the first time.
That is soooo true! Even if you have just searched something from your computer it could then pop up as an ad! I'm at work; had to get lodging quotes for some upcoming conferences, so I search Embassy Suites...guess what ad is popping up at the top of this page now! Yep, Embassy Suites! Kinda scary that my computer knows more about me than I do!

Just stopping in to say hello! Two friends and I are going to the Heirloom Pro stamp show this weekend and plan to do some major shopping not only with the vendors at the show but I plan to go to Archivers too (that's the advantage of driving, I can choose where we go! LOL)!

Last edited by Vickie Y; 03-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: correct misspelled add to ad!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #339
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Hi there,

Linda, i really hope you will find the charm. I'm sorry, I should have stick it on a paper - my mistake. Of course you can take another if you do not find it again.

I am glad that you are agree with my choice-have fun !!
I found my charm!!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
That is soooo true! Even if you have just searched something from your computer it could then pop up as an ad! I'm at work; had to get lodging quotes for some upcoming conferences, so I search Embassy Suites...guess what ad is popping up at the top of this page now! Yep, Embassy Suites! Kinda scary that my computer knows more about me than I do!

Just stopping in to say hello! Two friends and I are going to the Heirloom Pro stamp show this weekend and plan to do some major shopping not only with the vendors at the show but I plan to go to Archivers too (that's the advantage of driving, I can choose where we go! LOL)!
I wish I was going with you. I love Archivers. I have to go to our daughters in Houston, TX over 500 mi away to get to go to an Archivers.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #341
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, my envie came in the mail today! Thank you for the images and charm; can't wait to get busy....

Linda, I love Archiver's too! I guess I shouldn't complain as it is only a 2 hour trip for me.

We are due for sleet/snow starting tomorrow and lasting the next 4 days. It was only 3-4 degrees this a.m. Do you think spring will ever get here?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #342
Gabfest Goddess

I could not sleep this morning when Tom's pager went off at 3:30 am, so I worked on some cards. It's a good thing that Imke sent 3 images, because I goofed up the first, and not sure I really like the way I colored the second. But due to my insomnia, I did finish my March card (don't hate me...) Haven't taken a photo of it yet to upload it, maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm off to bed!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #343
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
Lena....I could see if we all said die cuts or Martha Stewart...but washer and dryers?...Maybe we should all say: WIN THE LOTTERY AND A BRAND NEW CAR...no way!!! hahaha

Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #344
Forum Fanatic

There goes Patti showin' off @ 3:30am again!!! When I cannot sleep I hit the couch and turn on the TV...sometimes put on the dishwasher and the 'white noise' knocks me out! More power to ya Patti girl...post..we wanna see!!! PS Did you write me on FB? There were messages and I could not find your post?!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #345
Hardware Hotshot

Patti: I already made my card too ... I guess I'm excited about this whole thing!!! (I know that it's been said before but Linda and Donelda, GREAT idea). And speaking of Donelda, I've been waiting to post it because I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I don't think that she has her image yet. I'm not even certain that this will be my final card. Although I like the layout ... I didn't love how I colored her. I may make another version and post both.

Worked with my son today to make his Earth costume. When I explained my idea, he said, "Hmmm, well, I can see where you are going with that but that's not really my vision." My vision? When do almost 8 year old boys have a "vision?" So we go to Michaels and his idea is a gigantic pink boa to represent "all the birds in the sky."

I was tempted to buy the boa just so I could video-tape my DH's reaction but I wasn't certain I'd get $14.99 worth of entertainment. Maybe tho! Definitely tempting to go back!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #346
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Lena....I could see if we all said die cuts or Martha Stewart...but washer and dryers?...Maybe we should all say: WIN THE LOTTERY AND A BRAND NEW CAR...no way!!! hahaha
OMG ... this made me laugh out loud!!!!! Good thing I hadn't taken a swig of my coffee or I'd have sprayed it all over my laptop!!! LOL!!! hahahahah, hehehehehe, ahahhahahahah, heheheheheheh
Old 03-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #347
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Patti: I already made my card too ... I guess I'm excited about this whole thing!!! (I know that it's been said before but Linda and Donelda, GREAT idea). And speaking of Donelda, I've been waiting to post it because I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I don't think that she has her image yet. I'm not even certain that this will be my final card. Although I like the layout ... I didn't love how I colored her. I may make another version and post both.

Worked with my son today to make his Earth costume. When I explained my idea, he said, "Hmmm, well, I can see where you are going with that but that's not really my vision." My vision? When do almost 8 year old boys have a "vision?" So we go to Michaels and his idea is a gigantic pink boa to represent "all the birds in the sky."

I was tempted to buy the boa just so I could video-tape my DH's reaction but I wasn't certain I'd get $14.99 worth of entertainment. Maybe tho! Definitely tempting to go back!!!
You are right, no image yet for me ..... maybe today??? I hope soon cause this is driving me crazy!! I wanna know,!!!! LOL Thanks for being so considerate!!!

and your comment about taping your husbands reaction also made me laugh out loud!! You girls are so fun!!!!!

We might need to up the anti here a bit ... we are getting our images and making cards much faster than I had suspected we would. I'm going to put on my thinking cap to see what can be done about that when it is my month ...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #348
Gallery Gazer

Hi there,

Patti - ppssstt my card is also done.... but I was also ahead of you !

Linda- Im so happy for you that you find the little charm. Now you dont have to buy a new one.

Joanna-I find it absolutely fascinating what these little kids have an idea and imagination. And it is sometimes really funny ! I hope you find the right !

We have finally booked our vacation. We opted for a USA-West tour. It is a guided bus tour. We are totally thrilled. It starts on 01 May - Yippieh !!

We have a sunny day - i hope you too !!

Last edited by germanstampler; 03-03-2011 at 05:51 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #349
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
I could not sleep this morning when Tom's pager went off at 3:30 am, so I worked on some cards.
I've been up early the last few days too (well, not as early as you but earlier than I want to be up!). Unfortunately, my craft room is right next door to both ds's bedroom and our bedroom so I can't make cards becuase I'd probably wake them up. I like to take this time to surf the blogging world, drop in here to visit, etc. It is a guilt free time for me (gee, my life is run on guilt ... that is bad!!!! Must fix that!)
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #350

Just wanted to do a small correction on my address as it is printed in the PM...the city is on the same line as the street address, but should be on the same line as the state and zip. Imke's mailing got delivered to me okay, but for future mailings the city should probably be on the same line as the state and zip. I hope I've not confused anyone!

Will be back later today to read through posts here and across the "hall!"
Old 03-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #351
Hardware Hotshot

A vacation?!! How cool Imke! Where in the west are you going to visit? Do you plan to do any diving?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #352
Gallery Gazer

No diving , Joanna. BUT i think it will be fantastic vacation.I will give some key points:

We will start in San Francisco, Monterey/Carmel, Santa Barbara, LA, Calico Ghost Town, Laughlin, Grand Canyon NP,Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, Las Vegas, Fresno, Yosemite NP, San Francisco

And then two weeks are over !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
A vacation?!! How cool Imke! Where in the west are you going to visit? Do you plan to do any diving?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #353
Gallery Gazer

Im sorry for the mistake, Vickie. Im sure everyone here will correct it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Just wanted to do a small correction on my address as it is printed in the PM...the city is on the same line as the street address, but should be on the same line as the state and zip. Imke's mailing got delivered to me okay, but for future mailings the city should probably be on the same line as the state and zip. I hope I've not confused anyone!

Will be back later today to read through posts here and across the "hall!"
Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #354
Hardware Hotshot

That vacation DOES sound fantastic! Monterey/Carmel is one of my favorite all time places. We try to see DH's old roommate every few years, not so much to see him (shh) but to go to Half Moon Bay and then drive down the coast to Monterey. We haven't been in a while and we keep talking about taking the kids to the aquarium there. I think it's one of the best in the US. I hope that you take lots of pictures and post them while you are there!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I wish I was going with you. I love Archivers. I have to go to our daughters in Houston, TX over 500 mi away to get to go to an Archivers.
OmGoodness! I thought I had a "long" drive of 2 hours to get to the nearest Archivers! Archivers does have online shopping now but I think most of the product can also be found on other online sites too. I am going to have to check the Dallas area to see if there is an Archivers; would love to shop there with my DD. A lot of the stamp/scrap stores have closed around Dallas, but the Dallas area does super, giant Michaels, Joanns, and Hobby Lobby stores. I can always find things that aren't in the stores in my area.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Im sorry for the mistake, Vickie. Im sure everyone here will correct it.
Oh Imke, it's okay; I didn't notice it until I received your mailing. I just didn't want anyone's mailing to me returned to them as undeliverable. Some post offices here would do that, just because!

Imke, your May vacation trip will be awesome!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #357

Donelda, I know what you mean - I think a lot of us run our life on guilt!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #358

Okay, my last post until I'm home this evening! I cannot wait to see the cards from those of you who have already created using Imke's image!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #359
Forum Fanatic

Queenie Jo---I bursted out loud laughing, hearing about how your 8 year old has a 'vision'...charming! Kinda like; yeah, well mom, your ideas sounds great, but step back from the creative table--I'll give you a hollar if I need anything!!! Too cute! That's what we strive for...independence! Amen sistah!

Queenie Jo and Kathy: First Kathy--I have heard terrific stories about the front loaders-the 'stink factor' if you don't spray some magic stuff or leave the door open when not in use...the water level is not HIGH enough to really clean dirty-dirty clothes...

Queenie Jo--When my old mommivan (MPV WHITE ICE CREAM TRUCK) was traded in for a new one--I stayed home with the kids--had to get another mommivan(not a fun vehicle) so DH went, called me from the car lot and said-what color do you want; black, white, green or the MPV blue...I said; I'll take the black one! BINGO...that's how he bought the car-I signed nothing and to this day I don't even know where he bought it! I didn't even know what it looked like-just appeared in the garage and I took it for a test drive! So, it is just another day in the park for me! But then really...a new mommivan is just like an old one w/o torn seats (thank you Muddy) stains, goop, gunk, drool, plastic parts broken off, doors that kinda work sometimes...the 10 year old vision of a well used vehicle!

Now that I am DONE with mommivans I want an SUV; jeep, honda or toyota...color; white...ac, sunroof, good stereo--seats that move way back (long legs--not planning to sleep in car or drive ghetto-low rider ?!!!)...haha..(hoping you all know what this means from seeing some homeboy videos) hahaha

It's cold here like 8 degrees--I have hit my wall with winter--really now, the word MARCH keeps reminding me that April and May are on their way...HURRY UP already!!! There are two patches of green amongst the piles of snow on our front lawn over the septic tank...and its really green too-can't imagine when all this snow melts our lawn will grow to 5' by June!!!

Happy trials...yeay it's almost Friday!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #360
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Imke, my envie came in the mail today! Thank you for the images and charm; can't wait to get busy....

Linda, I love Archiver's too! I guess I shouldn't complain as it is only a 2 hour trip for me.

We are due for sleet/snow starting tomorrow and lasting the next 4 days. It was only 3-4 degrees this a.m. Do you think spring will ever get here?
Angela..ditto...really, my neighbor Sharon took her boys to a nice hotel resort for 2 nights--the place had an indoor pool--they swam for hours! It's kinda hard to get my head around that activity right now...but boy could I use the exercise!