Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #241
Forum Fanatic

Queenie JO...Happy Birthday! I totally got too busy playin' bus driver to stop in here today!

Tracie---I wish you well with Shingles--both my sister in AZ had it around her first year of teaching-I flew over from CA to take care of her for a weekend--very painful since she had it on her head, in her mouth...her face was swollen...it was awful for her..poor thing...my DD had it too a few years ago--caught it before it became too bad/itchy or painful...she had to take these huge purple pills-the size of a piece of chalk! Be well!

Great card Tracy and Denise....lucsious colors and again I am reminded to purchase more Spellbinders nesties...

OH...Ladies....Psssssssst ...Joann's carry's spellbinders now? It was in a front display--seemed like their old nesties but they were 40% off!!! I am waitin' on the new ones to be at my LSS...should be there soon.

My dd has decided to take BELLY DANCING classes! Today, we had to go to Joann's to get sequence and fabric to cover a bra to look like a Belly Dancing outfit! Plus, those gold coins--gotta have those! $33 later and she has quite the outfit. DD bought this kit with a DVD, finger cymbals and a beginners guide book which clearly states some DO's and DON'Ts for respecting the Belly Dancer code of ethics:

1) Do not ever turn your back to the crowd and bend over!!! (haha)
2) As soon as you are done performing your dance - you are not to be found at a banquet table eating in costume!
3) Never do any distasteful things while in costume-
4) No heavy make-up, no crazy hair-belly dancing is a respected occupation-not a call girl!!!

So I told my DD when she goes to her first BD class she should walk in with heavy makeup gnawing on a rack of ribs, with dollar bills hangin' off her waistsash!!!!!

OK, overtired...going to peek at the cards and call it a day!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #242
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
I have a really effective test I use before I buy a pack of dsp. I ask myself "Do I have this already?" If the answer is no I feel compelled to buy it. If the answer is yes, then I ask, do I need a second pack, so I can use one and hoard the second?

My dsp is pretty scary right now, I could probably wall paper our house with it, I don't know why I can not resist new paper packs? I really should be more selective before buying it!
eeeek, someone who is just like me!! I started buying the packages of BasicGrey paper and then additional sheets of the papers I like best with the intention of using the "extra" sheets ... but I can't even seem to use those. They are just so pretty!! Not sure why I can't actually use them! I cannot resist the new packages either and I could probably wall paper a few houses with what I already own!! sheesh!!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #243
Pearl-ExPert

Happy birthday Joanna!!

Can't wait to see Lexie's card!!

I'm so tired tonight. Can barely keep my eyes open. See you all tomorrow....
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #244
Stampin' Fool

Thank you ladies for your kind words! Lexie says she doesn't want me to see her card until she is finished with it. I guess it is a secret???? Oh well, she will bring it down when she finishes it. Thanks again ladies!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #245
Gallery Gazer

Hi there,

Denise- Very beautiful card. Like the big flower- it looks great. Do you upload your card in your gallery here on SCS with the keyword ? Would be nice if you can still catch up. We do not want that is missing the card there

Kathy- I saw your card on your blog. Your really ROCK this challenge. Itīs such a lovely card with Edwin together. Great idea !!

Susanne- I like belly dancing. Even I would never make it, I do not have the figure for it . But if I remember right, most belly dancers do not slim . We were many times in Egypt and the music is just great. I wish your daughter lots of fun.

To All - As Linda visited Denise, I wanted to send her the images on time. I think to Donelda it takes also a little longer so I immediately sent all today !!

Have a great day !!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #246
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone. Another day another dollar!!

Imke, first of all ... congratulations on the DT position at Corrosive Challenge! I just knew you were going to get it!! Yeah!! You are so "hot" right now And I can't wait to see what images we get next!!!

I was up early this morning (sleeping issues again!) so I dropped into everyone's blogs. You are all such a talented group of ladies Loooove it!! I too am "craft friend-less" here in my small town. I have a few ladies I know who like to craft but they don't find the time ... they say they can't find the time but you and I all know that if you really want to find the time to create you can ... it just needs to be a priority! LOL!!! and it certainly is in my world ... it is what keeps me sane!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #247
Forum Fanatic

oops...Imke...I jotted you a note in the OTHER swap about belly dancing...see..this is makin' me coo-coo...I didn't walk into the OTHER room! Well, we all know from reading both swaps/threads so I am not going to sweat about it! haha

Is everyone's Tilda up and posted? Is there only one page of SSMISFEB? I keep clicking on it but think there are some missing?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #248
Forum Fanatic

OKay...I just friended Kathy's blog! How come I don't see Kathy's card in our gallery? I didn't know you could use another Magnolia stamp with the image...darn...I have a swing and tree and other Magnolia people!!! Kathy..LOVE your card...I am doing everything backwards today--tried to post on your blog and it wouldn't take..then realized I had not "friended you" ..der...OK, time to hit the showers and get normal here! hahaha

Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #249
Gallery Gazer

...LOL....that happens to me sometimes that I answer in the wrong swap

When I saw it correctly, are still missing: Angela, Tanja, Kathy, Denise and Joanna. Kathy and Deniseīs Cards are done- but not posted in their gallery yet. But there is still time until Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
oops...Imke...I jotted you a note in the OTHER swap about belly dancing...see..this is makin' me coo-coo...I didn't walk into the OTHER room! Well, we all know from reading both swaps/threads so I am not going to sweat about it! haha

Is everyone's Tilda up and posted? Is there only one page of SSMISFEB? I keep clicking on it but think there are some missing?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #250
Glitter Guru

OK, here I am, lol. I was going to upload here last night, but got hooked into TV shows. I LOOOOVVVVVE Glee, and it was a good one, they really push the envelope on that show. Not for kids, but it is just my sense of humor.

My card

Susanne, I didn't even think, I combine my Magnolia images most of the time. Sorry if I broke the rules, lol! I don't know why but I just kept thinking of her as "gettin' serenaded Tilda". I need to finish commenting on all the cards in the gallery. This is so much fun!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #251
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne: There are still a few of us who haven't posted. Honestly, it's been years since I've posted to my SCS gallery. I wonder if I remember how to do it

Belly Dancing huh? Sounds like fun. Imke, you are right about most belly dancer's figures. When we went to Morocco, the belly dancer wasn't skinny but she WORKED it! I think it's only America where we obsess over our weight. The rest of the world has better grip on what is OK.

Imke: were you just sightseeing in Egypt? I'd love to go someday to see all the pyramids. I wanted to be an Egyptologist when I was young. Now would prolly not be a good time to go ... maybe in a few years.

In the theme of dancing, my neighbor's daughter is really into flamenco dancing. She's actually quite good (and the costumes she wears are AMAZING) but it's kinda random. I didn't even know that Colorado HAD competitive flamenco dancing until they moved in!

Can't wait for the next images!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #252
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I LOOOOVVVVVE Glee
I love Glee too! My ringtone on my phone is their "Don't Stop Believin"
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #253
Stazon Splitcoast

Great cards Denise and Kathy. I'll call Denise this afternoon and remind her to post to her gallery. I know her card is on her blog. Kathy, my problem is thinking outside the box like you did. I just don't do it often. Love how you combined the images.

Thanks Imke, I can't wait to see what image you send us. I'll be watching for it. Also need to get busy on some swaps and get some other things done before I leave.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #254
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Donelda, I know what you mean about this craft becoming a priority and finding time to do it if you really want to! Even while I'm at work papercrafting is on my mind! Sometimes it will hit me while crunching numbers and I'll stop in the middle of it and sketch out a card that's been on my mind before I can get back to the "work task at hand!" I take several SCS breaks while at work (such as now!), but it keeps my mind active, so it's all good! LOL
Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #255
Gallery Gazer

We were about 9 times in Egypt. Mostly for diving. Last year weīve made a Nile Cruise. It was fabulous. We have seen many, many temples and the highlight there: Abu Simbel. Of course we were also in Cairo at the Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. Cairo is a crazy city. We would like to once again go there. We hope, maybe in the fall to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Susanne: There are still a few of us who haven't posted. Honestly, it's been years since I've posted to my SCS gallery. I wonder if I remember how to do it

Belly Dancing huh? Sounds like fun. Imke, you are right about most belly dancer's figures. When we went to Morocco, the belly dancer wasn't skinny but she WORKED it! I think it's only America where we obsess over our weight. The rest of the world has better grip on what is OK.

Imke: were you just sightseeing in Egypt? I'd love to go someday to see all the pyramids. I wanted to be an Egyptologist when I was young. Now would prolly not be a good time to go ... maybe in a few years.

In the theme of dancing, my neighbor's daughter is really into flamenco dancing. She's actually quite good (and the costumes she wears are AMAZING) but it's kinda random. I didn't even know that Colorado HAD competitive flamenco dancing until they moved in!

Can't wait for the next images!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #256
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

Denise I love the color's you chose..it looks great!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #257
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the kind words for my card ladies, I will post to the gallery, I have to resize my pic today.

DH had a scheduling glitz at work, so had to deal with that this morning, he was not on the schedule, they said he was, he didn't go in, so he is now working pm instead of the day shift they said he was scheduled for. What a mess, he just copied the schedule last night, he was not on for today????? Anyway, he went in for the PM shift but wasn't happy about it. Oh, well, he will deal with it.

Will try to get my pic in the gallery today!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #258
SCS BRAK Coordinator

That is so funny - That is exactly what I have been telling people at work. I can't have shingles - that is for old people - oh wait I am old. HA! Better today - I think medication is kicking in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hey Tracie,
I had shingles a little over a year ago. Mine started with really bad pain in my jaw. I went to the dentist and he couldn't find anything wrong...then a day or two later I got what I thought was poisen ivy on my forehead and went to the convenient care since it was Friday afternoon when I decided to go. Off it went from there!! I did get a vacine for shingles last month...the doctor said I had to wait a year after I had them to get it but I sure don't want them again...I thought only OLD people got shingles heheheehe

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #259
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I even dream cards. Wish I could remember when I wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Donelda, I know what you mean about this craft becoming a priority and finding time to do it if you really want to! Even while I'm at work papercrafting is on my mind! Sometimes it will hit me while crunching numbers and I'll stop in the middle of it and sketch out a card that's been on my mind before I can get back to the "work task at hand!" I take several SCS breaks while at work (such as now!), but it keeps my mind active, so it's all good! LOL

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 02-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #260
Die Cut Diva

Glad to hear you're feeling better Tracie!!! I took a couple of day off work but hated to because it was right before I had a vacation planned and I wanted to have everything caught up. I sure looked pretty with that stuff on my face and in my hair. It did all go away, I had a couple of very small scars for two or three months then they went away too.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #261
Forum Fanatic

Tracie: isn't "Shingles" a recontamination of Chickenpox? I think you have to have the chickenpox first to "qualify for shingles" right? There are several ways to get it too--open wound, surgery, stress, recontamination of the chickenpox virus. Only Shingles is more painful--started in my daughters arm and the nurse said it would travel like a map following her veins...and quite possibly have reoccuring red blotchy patches long after she was off the meds for it! Fortunately, she got the meds right at the beginning of the virus. Glad you are feeling better...take care of yourself...

Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #262
Forum Fanatic

Susanne, I didn't even think, I combine my Magnolia images most of the time. Sorry if I broke the rules, lol! I don't know why but I just kept thinking of her as "gettin' serenaded Tilda". I need to finish commenting on all the cards in the gallery. This is so much fun![/QUOTE]

Kathleen---No breakin' any rules as far as I am concerned...I love your card...May we use another image from the (SAME vendor) in future cards? Is OK???<--<said with my voice going up 3 scales>

Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #263
Forum Fanatic

Imke---since you are in charge of all our organizing, I will post this question to you....When we are given an image may we incorporate another image as a prop for that image on the card? Or...JUST the image that is given to us each month?

I don't mean to kick up dust---really just curious---I have the Magnolia tree and swing and some other Mag stamps but I didn't think we could use additional images in our challenge...any rule of thumb here?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #264

Susanne, when I read "rule of thumb" I had to giggle! I did a college research paper on the history and origins of sayings and rule of thumb is the one that has stuck in my head! The 'rule of thumb' has been said to derive from the belief that English law allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick that was no thicker than his thumb. !!!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #265

Tracie, glad the meds have kicked in.

And, yep, I too dream about stampin' and papercrafting projects! I go to bed with a project on my mind, and sometimes, but not often, I do remember how I made it in my dream!! Trouble is, most of the time the project never looks as good when I actually make it as it did in my dream or vision!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #266
Gallery Gazer

In my opinion the main focus should be on the image and/or additionel instructions that we get from the hostess. But i think it does not hurt to add sentiments or create a scene with other stamps.

What do you think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke---since you are in charge of all our organizing, I will post this question to you....When we are given an image may we incorporate another image as a prop for that image on the card? Or...JUST the image that is given to us each month?

I don't mean to kick up dust---really just curious---I have the Magnolia tree and swing and some other Mag stamps but I didn't think we could use additional images in our challenge...any rule of thumb here?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #267
Die Cut Diva

Hi lovely ladies,
just a short pop in to let you know that my card in online - on my blog and here in the gallery too. Will try to upload a thumbnail ....

Sending hugs to everybody - and off to the playground
Attached Thumbnails
waiting-tilda.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #268
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I have been bad and haven't been on here much this week. It has been so nice outside.
Plus we sold the camping trailer we had at the deer lease and I've been getting everything out of it! That was like moving! Still have a few more things to get out of it. Transferring them all into another camping trailer. A lot of work! It's suppose to rain here today so that put a stop to finishing today! Needed a break anyway.

Tracy hope your meds are helping you.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysathome View Post
Hi lovely ladies,
just a short pop in to let you know that my card in online - on my blog and here in the gallery too. Will try to upload a thumbnail ....

Your card is beautiful! Love every element you've incorporated into the layout and the image colors are fabulous!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #270
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi lovely ladies,

Beautiful card. I love the ribbon folded like that. It makes an awesome embellishment.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

All the rain we are getting is driving my RA crazy. I don't usually have problems in rain but the constant switch from warm to cold is getting to my joints. I think every joint in my body is yelling at me today. I just took a pain pill and hoping it starts working soon. I've not had this much trouble with my RA in the 30 years I've had it. I'm thinking it is a good day to craft or read.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #272
Hardware Hotshot

OK, so I posted my card. Here it is:

February.

Although I DID use the special SSMISFEB code, it isn't showing in the gallery yet. It could be because it hasn't been approved yet or maybe I did it wrong. Who knows. I'll give it a day and then go tinker with it if it still doesn't show up with the rest!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #273
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Susanne, when I read "rule of thumb" I had to giggle! I did a college research paper on the history and origins of sayings and rule of thumb is the one that has stuck in my head! The 'rule of thumb' has been said to derive from the belief that English law allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick that was no thicker than his thumb. !!!
Vickie---it must have been in my sub-conscience, I click on "StumbleUpon.com" -which is a cool website where you choose your categories of likes; arts, literature, music etc..you STUMBLE (click on my Stumble button in my browser) and these very cool websites pop into your screen...well just this week I came across "Useless Information in the Humor section" and the exact statement about "Rule of Thumb" was in this sheet of info!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #274
Forum Fanatic

Imke---cool...I am up for addin' a lil' somepen-somepen to the mix! Maybe someone else will pick another Magnolia and I can finally doll it up with my tree or swing! haha

Wow-->Queenie Jo and Tanja BEAUTIFUL CARDS! I am going over to the gallery to see everyone's....

OH Roomies--I have a question: Since most of my wondering around on here is 'by the seat of my pants'...I am wondering if I FRIENDED all of you on your blogs--I hate to be a bugger but if you happen to notice that I didn't friend you--could you tell me so I may get caught up with everyone? The whole blog thing is new to me and I need to fix mine (need to figure out how to scroll pictures on mine...don't know what that "gadget feature is called"...plus, I am up to my elbows in projects and am all over the place here! Thank you!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #275

Oh the origins/meanings of some of the phrases that have been passed down over the years are soooo funny, and also interesting like a head-slapper when you say ah, that's where that came from!! Wish I still had my paper, but the floppy disk it was saved on is long gone! Rule of thumb is what stuck in my mind and I have a good giggle when ever I read it or say it! I forget most of them...don't throw the baby out with the water is another. Now I've gone and done it! Gonna have to look some of those up...my paper research was done in the library using books! imagine that!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #276
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi lovely ladies,

Tanya it BEAUTIFUL!!! So nice to hear from you again...
From your former SS
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #277
Die Cut Diva

Joanna love the strawberries...your card is so cute. Imke this was a great idea!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #278
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Susanne, I didn't even think, I combine my Magnolia images most of the time. Sorry if I broke the rules, lol! I don't know why but I just kept thinking of her as "gettin' serenaded Tilda". I need to finish commenting on all the cards in the gallery. This is so much fun!
The only "rule" is that you have to use the image you get sent!! This is about having fun and seeing how different everyone's end results are!! I am glad you combined images ... that gives the rest of us something to consider for the next round!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #279
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I even dream cards. Wish I could remember when I wake up.
heheheh, me too!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #280
Gallery Gazer

Hello and a great Friday to everyone !!

Tanja- Beautiful card. I like your color choice.

Joanna- Your card is in our February Gallery and it is so pretty with the strawberry DP !!

Itīs really interesting that most of us use pink. Not me this time but normally i also use pink very often.

Pat- Donīt thank me. It was not my idea Iīm glad and happy that everything works great and we have a lot of fun. One month is almost over !

Dont worry the next images are on their way