Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Patti! Love your new avatar. I think I saw it on fb. Great photo.

Joanna, I love Michael Connelly and am going to see if Kobo or Kindall have it on sale.

What did you all in the bookclub think of Emily and Einstein? I loved that book. Sandy was such a jerk of a husband he needed God to turn him into a dog....lol!!!! I laughed so much. I also don't like Science Fiction and Fantasy but do like people with ESP or can see the future or other's past or whatever you want to call it. I don't consider those fantasy or SiFi.
I love Lisa Jackson novels, Kay Hooper who write about these kind of things. Love their books.

I have a good blogging friend that might be interested in joining us in our monthly challenges. Her name is Sandy, her blog is Simply Sandy if you want to check her out. She is in our bookclub. She may not want to, I just ask her if she was interested because she thinks what we are doing sounds fun. Just seeing what you all think. She is so fun and a great person.

I've got to get my Christmas cards for my friends and Grandkids finished. I've piddled around all week and not made one card.

Pat, are you still in Bookendz. I haven't seen you mention it lately. I hope you read Emily and Einstein, so funny.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #2082
Die Cut Diva

Hi Linda it's on my list. Right now I am halfway through the second book in the Fire and Ice Series and can't start anything else yet. My list is growing quickly though. Good to see you Linda.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everyone, Sandy really wants to join us in the challenges starting in January. Is it okay with everyone? She has great wit, is fun and a great crafter and person.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #2084
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hi Linda it's on my list. Right now I am halfway through the second book in the Fire and Ice Series and can't start anything else yet. My list is growing quickly though. Good to see you Linda.
Oh Pat, hope I didn't give the book away...Send me some info on that series you are reading. I love series books. I did hear that Iris Johanson is ending her series after Bonnie, but then I heard she might not. I loved that series.
I've been so busy, I'm not staying in touch with anyone very good. I had 3 different Dr. appointments this week. Now I have to go tomorrow to Pawhuska, to buy an Indian tag for our new car. Oklahoma has a lot of Indian tribes so we buy our tribes tag and save the taxes on our cars. The tag would cost a around $1,000.00 for a Oklahoma car tag, but an Indian car tag for a new car will cost me $225.00. That is worth driving 25 miles to get it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #2085
Die Cut Diva

Wiggy any chance you can check out his car this weekend?? You will need to be very sneaky!!!

Linda have you read "Bonnie" yet??
Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #2086
Glitter Guru

Happy Friday,

Linda- For me itīs OK. I "know" Sandy from the bloggerworld. I saw her sometimes on your blog and i think she has vistit me on my blog. Not sure. I like her creations. So, let us see what the others say.

Donelda- If I had to hide something, I would leave it at work. Well worth a visit, maybe

Kathy- The others make me curious ..... I'm excited for what you decided LOL
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 AM   #2087
Glitter Guru

Hey everyone, glad they are arriving! I should have included the name, Hokey Pokey by Nellie Snellen. It is Memento on PTI and cryogen c/s. Sorry forgot to include the details.

Linda, we missed you at the Bookendz party. Sandy and I were looking for you. Sandy won a prize, was so excited for her.

Pat, my dh read the first Fire and Ice book and loved it. He also loved the HBO series. I know a few people were wondering, so I asked him and he said the series is VERY true to the book. I may give it a try, not sure if it is my sort of book or not.

I just went through the Virgin River series from Robyn Carr. I really enjoyed them, it is very light reading though. It's a little town and has lots of characters, each book revolves around new focal characters, but the others are still involved. I really enjoyed. But like I said it's a light read.

Been meaning to read the Blind Side, I loved the movie and wanted to read the book. I also just finished the Jaycee Duggard book, it was sad, but interesting.

Linda, the tribe tag, does it look different, like with the tribe symbol or something on it? That sounds neat. Hope your dr visits went well this week.

I say sure for letting Sandy join us. She is a wonderful lady, so sweet and really funny!

TGIF!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #2088
Glitter Guru

Donelda, you should ask him to open the box "to make sure everything is there". LOL, I always do this! Tell dh, we better check it out, then I get a little peak! Can't wait to see what you create.

Those PTI dies get me every time! I love the packaging ones, they are genius. I love the one that you can fancy up a regular lunch bag with. I used it to make little Thanksgiving gifts for the teachers. I just got the gift card holder die, too, it's really cool.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #2089
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Kathy and Imke.

Kathy, I'll post a photo of the new tag when I get back this afternoon. I also read the Virgin River series and they are light but fun stories. I loved them and am reading this years Christmas story now. I've had it downloaded for awhile but just started it yesterday.

Pat, yes I read Bonnie. I loved the last 3 books but then I really like all her books.

I'm off to go get my tag and eat lunch out somewhere. DH not sure where he wants to eat.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #2090
Watercolor Wizard

I am a sucker for a meatloaf with mustard sandwich! I purposely make a larger meatloaf yesterday just for the leftovers! There...I said it! Funny thing is--my big tough men in this house refuse to eat it in a sandwich--even when I tell em...it tastes so much better than the meal and I love the meal too! AAACK big babies!

Kathy...I am done with my image!!! I sat here last night and just started it-- thinking--oh this is so cute...one thing led to another and I am done! I don't wanna be the first one to post--this stamp is adorable!

Well its the weekend--I have (3) projects lined up to complete and need to go buy INK to finish them--guess my funfilled night will be include a trip to Sam's Club or Staples! {You all know you get bonus dollars if you give Staples your dead (recycled) ink cartridges right? They give you a $2.00 bonus per cartridge--I just dropped off 6 a week or so ago...they send you a email check-you print it and use it to buy ANYTHING in the store! Funny thing is, I need to go buy ink in order to print the check!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #2091
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne: ooooooh, I LOVE cold meatloaf sandwiches and I agree, they ARE better the next day.

Linda: I say the more the merrier. Bring on Sandy!

Kathy: I totally forgot about the time difference with the BookEnz chat. When I logged on, everyone was saying goodbyes. Ugh!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #2092
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, that is exactly what happened to me. I signed in and everyone was saying or had said goodby.

Susanne, I love meatloaf and mustard sandwiches. Makes me want to go make a meatloaf.

We have our biggest football game of the year. Bedlam is tomorrow and supposed to rain and it is cold. OU and OSU play and like most schools that are in the same state they are big rivals. Should be fun. Most of my family and half of Glenn's are OU fans, The rest of Glenn's family and a few of mine are graduates or like OSU so it is always a fun game.

Vickie, I talked to Denise this afternoon and she ask me to thank you and let you know she got the images. She can't get on internet most of time up at inlaws house. It is pretty crazy for them right now. She misses everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Ladies!

Linda I don't have a problem with Sandy joining us. She sounds fun and talented!

Kathy received my images and that beautiful Christmas card! My first one to receive this year! Soooooooooo pretty! Thank you.

Going to try and make a few more Christmas cards today. Then hoping for a trip to Hobby Lobby with some friends.

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #2094
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=patriciae;18971162]Wiggy any chance you can check out his car this weekend?? You will need to be very sneaky!!!QUOTE]

As it turns out ... I DID look in his car!! LOL!! DS had to bring food bank items to work so we put them in dad's car a few nights ago so it wouldn't need to be done in the morning. When I opened the trunk of his car the anticipation was killing me .. i was sure I'd see a big brown box ... but no ... it is not in his car.

This is so funny!! I NEVER look for my presents! It is the anticipation that I love so much about Christmas ... not sure why it is different this time.

I told DH about looking around the house and he just laughted at me!! We are definately having fun with this.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #2095
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Donelda, you should ask him to open the box "to make sure everything is there". LOL, I always do this! Tell dh, we better check it out, then I get a little peak! Can't wait to see what you create.
now that is a good idea!!! gonna try it
Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #2096
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I have a good blogging friend that might be interested in joining us in our monthly challenges. Her name is Sandy, her blog is Simply Sandy if you want to check her out.
My vote it always .. the more the merrier!! I say yes, bring Sandy on if she wants to consort with the likes of this crazy group LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #2097
Pearl-ExPert

Hey LInda, I read somewhere in here you were asking about the Fire and Ice series. I am on the 3rd book. I am really enjoying them, even though they are not at all my typical read. The books are quite greusome at spots -- lots of death and tourture types of stuff. I have learned to skim those parts quickly and keep reading!! Most of the people who are reading them seem to be enjoying them as well. Truth is though, there is so much going on at once I can't stop reading them. There is like 10 side stories going on at the same time ... From one night to the next I can't remember what happened with a character the last time I read it. Most chapters are about 60 pages long so it takes a while to read it ... then you don't get back to that character for a few chapters. I might just have a love/hate relationship with this series LOL!! There is my book review for you.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #2098
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda -- I vote 'thumbs up' on the Fire and Ice series, too!

Donelda -- you are so funny on your search for the PTI box; I'm not sure if I should wish you 'good luck' or not!

No risk of me finding my gifts because I haven't even started a wish list yet. When I get around to it, the first item will probably be 'hire a plumber to move the hot water heater to the garage so I can tear out the laundry room closet and and have a real mud room'! Not quite as fun as PTI, but it should would make life easier since that's the way we haul everything into the house!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #2099
Glitter Guru

Hey there,

As Susanneīs card is almost done (She is such a busy bee ;.) ), please use the password SSMISDEC when you upload it in our gallery.

Donelda- Anticipation is the greatest joy

Linda- I will start in January with Sandy on the list.

And should be somebody there who wants a break, just let us know. But I would be happy if you still participates. I love this kind of swap !

I was looking at the Christmas market today. It was not so nice because it was raining. A mulled wine we drank anyway.That's just part. Now iīm a bit tired. The fireplace is burning and I now lay on the sofa and watch TV.....just relax.....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

My December images arrived today -- thank you, Kathy! What a great idea to stamp on white and ivory CS and such an adorable Christmas card, too!!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #2101
Stazon Splitcoast

I've told Sandy to jump in and introduce herself and that she will start receiving images in January. She will send her info to Imke.

Here is my car tag!

I am a member of the Osage Nation.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-12-02_5090_edited-1.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #2102
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I've told Sandy to jump in and introduce herself and that she will start receiving images in January. She will send her info to Imke.

Here is my car tag!

I am a member of the Osage Nation.
That's really cool Linda. I've never seen any license plate like that.

Maybe I'll give that Fire and Ice series a try.

Has anyone read the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo? and the other two after it? I can't seem to get into the first one, but people keep telling me they are really great.

Bummer that you guys missed the chat Jo and Linda. I thought it was a good read, really had me laughing in parts.

Jess, same goes for me. I mentioned something to my dh that I thought would be a good Christmas gift and he wasn't really paying attention, so I said, should I just order it myself? Think I usually pretty much do that anyway.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #2103
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - I read The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and I also had a hard time reading it. I did finish it but wouldn't say it was the best book I ever read. I am reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave. Looks like it is going to be pretty good. I have my image colored, now just need to make it in to a card.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #2104
Watercolor Wizard

Cool plate Linda! My Tom has the NE Patriots on his plate (comes with the package of having club seats at Gillette Stadium) or you have to buy them and pay extra.

Funny: My daughter snuck onto Shane's Facebook page and wrote: "I love puppies and kitties" next to his picture and it looks like HE wrote it himself!!! hahaha Here he is this muscle man...shirtless and pumped up---flexing his muscles stating how he loves puppies and kitties! too funny!

Kathy---heard people either LOVE or cannot get into the Girl w/a Dragon Tattoo series--ita was all the rave about 6 mos ago on my facebook page! I ran out and bought Tom (the bonafide reader) and he didn't care for it. {But he is one of those guys that likes to go to the library and pick out his own books!}

Tom goes for a Colonoscopy on Monday! I had to go buy all the stuff to shall we say "liquify" him tomorrow!!! EEEK! <gross> hahaha Poor guy--that's what happens when you go to the doctors and they pin you down for tests!

Fun, fast good movie: "Friends with Benefits"--just loved it--and refreshing since no one is all naked in front of the viewer!!! (Sorry, it's like a wave of recent movies where people are naked and they don't HAVE to be--hate that!) Call me an ol' fuddy-duddy!

Watching: "THE FUTURE" hear it is 'quirky'...let you know if its good!

Told Tom to help Santa get me the Kindle Fire so I can READ the LARGE print!!! We'll see!

Kathy--I don't want to post my card until everyone has theirs....sound good?

Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #2105
Stazon Splitcoast

You guys are all so busy..
Susanna, I would love to see Patrick's face when he reads that! Too funny. Susanne, my Dr. wants me to go for one too and I had one 5 yr ago, nothing to the test, no soreness and don't remember anything about it but the before, drinking all that stuff, too gross. I told my Dr. maybe in a few months I would schedule one. My DH has had about 10 of them..

Kathy, I keep thinking of getting those books but have been leary, so afraid I won't like them. I've heard you either love them or hate them. I think like is too short to read something I don't like so if I start one and my 4 chapters it doesn't hold my interest I just quit the book. I have friends that finish every book whether they like it or not. My bad!!!

Really hope Angela is okay. I'll see if Susanne hears from her and see what she finds out.

We have Riley here staying the night again so she can go to Sunday school and church with us. She loves it and lives only 10 miles away but to hard to get around and go get her. She says she is staying every Sat. night from now on so she can go to church. I figure any little girl that wants to go that bad should get to go.

Have a good Sunday everyone...

YEA!!! OSU beat OU!!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #2106
Glitter Guru

Happy Sunday !

Kathy- I read the trilogy i really LOVED it!! In Germany it was a great success. The Scandinavian writers are not easy to read. They write a completely different way than English or American. Now I've read several and have become a fan. Itīs worth.

Susanne- Siblings are not lovable ? LOL Shane is certainly not enthusiastic about it? I keep my fingers press for Tomīs medical examination.

Linda- Enjoy your time with Riley.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 AM   #2107
Glitter Guru

Tracie, I've heard of Little Bee, may have to look for that one. I seem to be seeing the same thing about those books, it's love or hate. Linda, that is a good plan, 4 chapters, then see how I feel about it. I barely started it, but was having trouble following, didn't really give it a fair chance.

Linda, sounds like little Riley is doing so well, I remember when she had heart surgery. So glad she is doing so well. That's cute about spending every Sat. night with you. I bet she loves time with you as well as church. So nice that you are close with all those sweet little grands!

Susanne, good luck to Tom, hoping all goes well. That's funny about the f/b thing, leave it to a sister! Which of your boys was doing MMA? Patrick I think? Chuck was watching a show yesterday and I thought of you. Yikes, those guys really fight hard. I would be hard watching your kiddo do that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today! Going to try and knock out the cleaning early today!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #2108
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, breakfast was a challenge today. I went to Archiver's for a crop last night and while I was gone, DH used ALL the milk and almost all the eggs to feed the boys dinner.

Stupidly, I didn't check the fridge before I started making waffles and was stunned to find that TWO major ingredients were missing. I used my egg beaters to supplement the real eggs and then apple juice for the milk. I put cranberries and pecans in the batter and have to admit that they actually turned out decent.

The last straw was when we settled down to eat and I found that the syrup was nearly gone too. Ugh! Though honestly, I didn't miss the syrup at all.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds delicious Joanna. I'm not good at supplementing ingredients.

Susanne, I meant Shane up above and put the wrong name in, still laughing about what his sister did.

I took Riley shopping after we had lunch. She is going to be in the Christmas program at Church so bought her a beautiful dress and dress shoes. Her Mom is a single parent so didn't want her to stress over having to buy them so now it is a done deal and she doesn't have to worry.

Kathy, you guys were so good about keeping Riley in your thoughts and prayers too. Her open heart surgery was 3 yrs ago and she is doing great. You can barely see the scar. When she gets all dress up next week I'll take her picture and show it on here to brag a little.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #2110
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, hoping all goes well with Tom and his test.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #2111
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda -- you are such a sweet and thoughtful Grandma!

Wish we lived closer to family so our girls could enjoy such precious time with their grandparents, too. At least we are within a day's drive of my mom now so visit at least twice a year. I would go more often, but coordinating a full nurse schedule for middle DD is a bear!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #2112
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone I did a swack of crafting today! The ole blogo is ready to go for the whole week with posts!! I like that .. I don't have to worry about it through the week. I even managed to get the Tuesday Sketch finished. It goes up tomorrow - just in time. i just have to remember to link my page to the blog.

... did I tell you that my PTI package actually arrived about 2 weeks ago!! DH has it in hiding!! (it must be somewhere really good!) LOL!!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #2113
Watercolor Wizard

Wiggy...IDEA...snoop around the house, basement, garage for a ol' box--that is how I used to hide the Christmas gifts from my kids when they were young--we had this huge furniture box just hangin' around our basement--It was tall and just fit into the storage stuff like no big deal...I would shop and write down what I bought (because EVERYONE has to have the exact amount of gifts or they feel ripped off)<--my kids counted when they were little--nevermind if one thing was more expensive then what they got...I tossed the bag into the box...Eventually they didn't see any bags or boxes or wrapping and started to snoop in my basement area...I would catch them looking and say..."What ya lookin' for?"...They would scurry off finding nothing! Finally, on Christmas morning I fessed up...they had to walk down stairs to see what I was talking about!!! It was a great hiding place...so go SNOOOOOP already! Look in obvious places! Your PTI could be in the back of your pot cabinet in the kitchen...!!!

Thanks for a the concern about Tom's test thing--I take him tomorrow at 8:30...he's having some Italian ice right now--at first he said he didn't need any...so Mr. Hungry is happy I bought it for him afterall!

Kathy---Shane is my MMA guy...Patrick is baseball, hockey, golf guy...but Patrick is the baby and is a tad taller than Shane these days--he's over 6.1 and still growin' since he is only a junior in HS!

Queenie JO...wow...talk about ad-libing the waffle recipe! I guess liquid is liquid when you think about it! I have never used the "fake eggs" are they good? What is with them--no yokes or are they just liquified eggs? haha goes to show I really know nothing about them...not even spelling liquified?

I jotted Angela a quick note and heard back from her this morning! She's good...just busy like crazy--working, and starting her renovation project...today she was going to take Davis to see the Muppet Movie...I suggested she let DH take him so she could have some time to herself!...But she's good...

Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #2114
Hardware Hotshot

Fake eggs: I eat a lot of them being diabetic. DH says my taste buds are "seriously skewed" so I shouldn't give ANYONE advice about whether things taste good or not. I use them with the kids. I put one real egg and then finish the rest with the whites. They don't know the difference (tho they DO remark how dark the eggs look when DH cooks!) I blame his cooking.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #2115
Glitter Guru

A happy Monday to everyone !!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #2116
Glitter Guru

Kathy- Your image arrived today. What a cutie ! Great choice and thanks for your lovely christmas card !!!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #2117
Pearl-ExPert

Susanne, I have snooped ... a new experience for me cause I NEVER snoop! Can't find anything but maybe I'll go back and look with a "Susanne eye" this time ... never thought of checking existing boxes ... mmmmmmm

Joanne, you make me laugh ... blame it on dad's cooking!! LOL! DH here is allergic to eggs so we don't eat them very often. I cook one for myself every once in a while .. i sometimes even crave them!!

Can't wait for my image to arrive
Old 12-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #2118
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Donelda - What about his car??? That is where my DH hides surprises for me. I can't believe you have a weeks worth of blog already. I am good to do a day at a time.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, I need some help. Sandy is trying to get on here and they keep telling her she has to be invited because of new swap rules etc...Jessica, do you know what they are talking about...Imke do you? She is trying to get on here and introduce herself to everyone and I don't know what to do to help her get on here...

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #2120
Watercolor Wizard

Linda...if I knew how to get Sandy in here...I'd carry her on my back to accomplish this!!! or in cyber terms...I'd click it in a heartbeat!...I am sure Imke/Jess/Angela know this stuff....

Did they put some special code on to get into the swaps? I have been hangin' with you chicks so long...I have not ventured out into the WILD!!! hahaha