Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #641
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody!

I can't wait to check out this month's gallery. I love the image and am looking forward to working with it. Debra, I am sure you will do just fine...I noticed you have excellent coloring skills!

Denise, are you feeling better? Migraines are the pitts for sure....

Debra, how old is your son? What does a "server" do? I hope the event goes well for him.

Okay, off to check out the gallery....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #642
Stampin' Fool

Yes, 1 whole day and NO migraine! Refilled my meds, so that is good. Took my phone to verizon and one of my DGK's hmmm I think it was John, he hide my Calender on my blackberry. I didn't even know you could do that. Oh well, it is fixed and I know how to fix it now.

Debra give my nephew a big hug from Aunt Denise and tell him I am so proud of him. Take lots of pictures for us. He is such a sweatheart. He has a heart of gold.

Lena and Patti, cards are beautiful, I wasn't going to look because I didn't want to see what everyone had done, but couldn't not look!

Lexie has been sick today, she didn't go to school, she has a really rough first couple of days when she has her period. I was up and down the stairs today to check on her, made sure she had something to eat and had meds on board. She really likes the new image. She went to a slumber party on Friday, came home on Saturday and brought Little John with her, hence my cell phone error!

Lena, I am worried about you. I agree with everyone, I think maybe 1 on, 1 off might work better for you. Let us know when you get to go see Dr. #2.

DH is at work, they called him in for a NOC shift, I guess he actually only has to work 4 hours, he will be home at 3:30am or so, day shift nurse coming in early. I do not miss all the scheduling issues, since that was part of my job. If no coverage then guess who got to go and work the floor, yep that was me! If I do get to go back to work even part time, I am not working in managment again. On call 24/7, 365 days a year was the pits! I would be out in Oklahoma at Mom's and they would call me!!! I was paid by the hour and yes I got paid for all of it, but that is also part of how I ended up on SS disability.

Ok, enough for now, hope everyone has had a great start to their week.

Last edited by leslie0090; 04-05-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #643
Glitter Guru

Hi there,

Patti- Your card is awesome. Love the little teddy charm. I have ordered a lot of charms last week. I think i become a charm lover

Denise- Great news, that your migraine is gone....!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #644
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: where do you buy your charms? I loved the little sun.

Is it just me or does it seem like this month (year) is going by quickly?!!

My LSS just started carrying Stampabella products. I'm happy. I've got a local source for Mo!! Sadly, all the ones she had, I already owned but she tells me that more are on their way.

My Mojo is vacationing. The last few cards I've made have been OK, nothing spectacular. I was thinking about posting the whole lot on my blog as "the trash bin" cards. My poor blog hasn't been updated in a REALLY long time. I admire Kathy and Angela who post such amazing cards all the time.

Off to cut the hair (I'm thinking about color too! Shhh, don't tell DH!)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #645
Glitter Guru

Jo, you can check it out on www.embellishments.de

Iīm so glad that i found a German Onlinestore with low postage and low prices. They have a big sortiment and i LOVE to shop there. If you need something - just let me know.

I could repay me for your effort about the coin holder

What hair color do you thinking about ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Imke: where do you buy your charms? I loved the little sun.

Is it just me or does it seem like this month (year) is going by quickly?!!

My LSS just started carrying Stampabella products. I'm happy. I've got a local source for Mo!! Sadly, all the ones she had, I already owned but she tells me that more are on their way.

My Mojo is vacationing. The last few cards I've made have been OK, nothing spectacular. I was thinking about posting the whole lot on my blog as "the trash bin" cards. My poor blog hasn't been updated in a REALLY long time. I admire Kathy and Angela who post such amazing cards all the time.

Off to cut the hair (I'm thinking about color too! Shhh, don't tell DH!)

Last edited by germanstampler; 04-06-2011 at 07:07 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies!

I finished my card and it is posted on my blog, in my SCS gallery and in our group gallery.

Imke, thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I hadn't posted it to SCS when you made the comments on my blog.

Joanna, I sure wish I had a LSS. We had one about 5 yrs ago but the owner's husband was transfered out of the country so she closed and moved with her DH. She had a going out of business sale and closed up. I miss it. Another lady had a stamp store and she had to close it due to bad health.

Denise, so glad you are feeling better. Migraines are not fun and I am so thankful I don't have them anymore.

Debra, I am sure Alex will do fine. The ladies will tell him what to do and he does do as he is told pretty well. Yes, I want photos too.

Angela, don't know when Debra will get back on so I will explain. In our area when they have the JR-SR Prom, sophomores are picked to serve the dinner. They always have a banquet before the dance. It is a big deal to get picked to serve or used to be.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #647
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Linda, your card is WOW! Gorgeous!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #648
Watercolor Wizard

I have finished my Queenie Jo creation for April...uploaded my card...now it's time for bed! SWEET DREAMS everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #649
Glitter Guru

Hello,

wow, you are so fast with your cards. That shows that you have all a lot of fun with your images.

Susanne- I canīt find your card in the gallery right now. Perhaps SCS is not updated. I just want to make sure: Have you used the keyword ?

Have a great day !!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 AM   #650
Watercolor Wizard

Imke..it made it on there "SSMISAPR"..right next to Linda's, Patti's and Lena's!!! I did a different twist with our cutiepie girl/teddy....go see! My sis in England said she doesn't like it! She's not into the "cutesy cards"...I told her to get off the 'tude' it was a challenge!!! haha {Isn't great when you can BE HONEST as sisters?} haha

Old 04-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #651
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: I just highlighted it blonde. So far DH hasn't said anything. I suspect that this will change once he sees the bill for it!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #652
Stampin' Fool

Joanna I buy my charms from Stamp and Create, she has a pretty good selection.

Susanne, WOW, love your card, sleeping bag, what a clever idea!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #653
Glitter Guru

LOL I'm also making highlights and my DH said always: "For the price you paid for it , I can go 4 times to cut my hair"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Imke: I just highlighted it blonde. So far DH hasn't said anything. I suspect that this will change once he sees the bill for it!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #654
Glitter Guru

I like your card !! I saw it in the gallery and your card is amazing. It really looks like she is in bed. Great idea !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke..it made it on there "SSMISAPR"..right next to Linda's, Patti's and Lena's!!! I did a different twist with our cutiepie girl/teddy....go see! My sis in England said she doesn't like it! She's not into the "cutesy cards"...I told her to get off the 'tude' it was a challenge!!! haha {Isn't great when you can BE HONEST as sisters?} haha
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #655
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks peeps! I saw her hugging her teddy and put her right to BED! hahahaha

Queenie Jo & Imke---I too get "highlights" but my guy Richard does it with a paint brush and puts me under this huge silver machine (looks like a hair dryer)..no cap, no foil..in and out of his chair with a highlight and trim in 1 hour! I have super thick hair too! It's around $150 but I only have it done like every 4 months...so the way I look at it thats like $37 a month...not to bad! It looks very natural--I cannot stand the cap/foil..that takes soooooooo long with my thick hair! I was born a light-light blondie...w/o highlights I feel I look 20 years older!!! haha Now, who wants THAT look?! I just tell hubs..sorry, this is the ONLY special treatment I do for myself...<blow raspberries>...because I am WORTH IT! hahaa A happy mama/wife is a good mama/wife!!! hahaha

Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #656
Stampin' Fool

I have colored my hair since I was about 18, same color and thanks to Loreal. I have never had my hair colored by a professonal. I haven't changed my color either!!! My DH ask me if I was forever going to be a blonde, I told him YEP, got a problem, tooooo bad!
He just laughed.

Have a great day on Friday!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #657
Stampin' Fool

Hey Imke,
I sent ya a private message about the embellishment site, did you get it?????
Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #658
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning and happy Friday to all.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #659

Susanne, your sleepy time card is soooo cute! Very creative use of the image.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all!

Joanna, thank you for the nice comment about my blog. I think I am still recovering from my funk, but at least I am back in the game!

I have to say, I am really low maintenance! I hardly ever visit the salon...max of 2 times a year. I wear my hair long and I can trim the bangs if I need to, although it is tricky because it is all backwards in the mirror and it is hard to get a good angle on the razor. No color for me either. I was stunned when one of my best work friends (even lower maintenance than myself) colored her hair a few months ago. I was thinking, "Oh great, does this mean I will have to do this someday?" I thought we would just grow old and gray together! LOL A lot of the young gals get funky color jobs, some cute and some not so well executed. I think some of their colorists are not very skilled.... I think it is pretty expensive, though. Back when I wore my hair red, I just had to pay for the tube of color and we would work on each other for free at the salon.

Okay, off to check out the gallery!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #661
Glitter Guru

YES, i just answered. I wasnīt at home the hole day.....sorry for the delay....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie0090 View Post
Hey Imke,
I sent ya a private message about the embellishment site, did you get it?????
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #662
Glitter Guru

Never heard of this but it sounds interesting !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Thanks peeps! I saw her hugging her teddy and put her right to BED! hahahaha

Queenie Jo & Imke---I too get "highlights" but my guy Richard does it with a paint brush and puts me under this huge silver machine (looks like a hair dryer)..no cap, no foil..in and out of his chair with a highlight and trim in 1 hour! I have super thick hair too! It's around $150 but I only have it done like every 4 months...so the way I look at it thats like $37 a month...not to bad! It looks very natural--I cannot stand the cap/foil..that takes soooooooo long with my thick hair! I was born a light-light blondie...w/o highlights I feel I look 20 years older!!! haha Now, who wants THAT look?! I just tell hubs..sorry, this is the ONLY special treatment I do for myself...<blow raspberries>...because I am WORTH IT! hahaa A happy mama/wife is a good mama/wife!!! hahaha

Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #663
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies, TGIF!

Joanna, are you going to show us a pic of the new highlights? Sounds pretty!

I've been coloring my hair since I've been about 25, so many grays, yuck! I go to the salon ever 4 weeks to get my hair colored. I get some highlights added about 3-4 x's a year. My dh has gotten used to the bills, lol! That and make up are my only high maintenance things (I love my Bare Minerals make up). My dh can't really complain, he definitely is the high maintenance one in our relationship.

I haven't checked out the cards in the gallery yet. I wanted to get mine done before I looked, and believe it or not, it's almost done, first time I wasn't the last one done, I think. My son is going to a birthday party at Build a Bear on Sun, so Joanna's image was perfect. Great choice Joanna!

Anyone have any fun weekend plans?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #664
Watercolor Wizard

Imke---I guess the 'better salons' do this form of coloring--(NOT TO STICK MY NOSE UP IN THE AIR)<--Richard said that to me--he came from NYC, owned his own school, taught at hoity-toity places-and fortuneately for me, settled into the town next door to us! He's very down to earth--but if you think about getting someone like me and my hair outta his chair in one hour...and he works 6-8 hours a day..."ca $ ching"! They also have someone that is "brow master" in the shop! I had to ask what this was since I know about "sugaring/waxing" but a brow master shapes and colors your eyebrows as time goes on in your life! Mine are starting to get thin and I guess if I were to add more color (mine are blonde) it adds more dimension to the brow...forms your eyes/face better as we chicks hit the medium point in our lives? Also, Richard just authored a book which has NOTHING to do with the art form of hairstyling--not sure I can say the title here--so I will have to pm you that info if you are curious!

OH, barely any grays in my hair (still-yet) but if I don't get my hair colored and trimmed up...I start to look like MOE from the 3 stooges!!!

Kathy---you amaze me...every single day you have a FRESH NEW card poppin' into my inbox! WOW girl!

Vicki---I finalized my "re-hire" into Michaels today and found out that the SDU is now coupled with the Spotted Canary and it's transition is just starting to filter down to the stores! So, yet another company to take over or split the business of teaching scrapbooking-I don't know. The Asst Manager didn't even have the full scoops on it on the Michael's end of things! We shall see what this means...

Old 04-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #665
Glitter Guru

Happy Saturday !

Iīm very busy today. This afternoon we went to the birthday of my aunt and tonight we will go to a handball game.

Susanne- I think it's always good to try new methods.

Kathy-I'm looking forward to your card.

Have a great day !
Old 04-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #666

Susanne, that's very interesting about Spotted Canary and SDU. Mergers in the crafting world, sheesh.

Hair color...I have very dark brown hair; I used to have it frosted in my "younger year" then decided I wanted to be a red-head, so had it colored; then decided to go back to natural color; but now my natural color has streaks of gray...bought some haircolor to color and cover the gray myself but haven't been brave enough to do it. Since my daughter moved away to Ohio it's hard for me to find a stylist who can do my hair like my DD. When I go to Texas my oldest DD will make an appointment for me with her stylist, but that's not until July; until then, I'm like the shaggy dawg!

Going to pick up our granddaughter for the day today; she tried out for cheerleading this week (since they moved to a different community she's in a new school this year); she didn't call last night to let us know if she made the squad or not, I'm thinking we are going to have to "cheer" her up today and encourage her to try again next year. 40 girls tried out and only 12 were chosen.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #667
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, I love your new card on your blog. Beautiful vintage card and really love the one spot of color.

Susanne, I didn't know they could do those kind of things with eyebrows. Mine have become so thin and half gray. I don't think we have anyone around here that does those things other than wax. You are lucky to have someone like Richard.

Joanna, please show us your new highlights. I'll bet your hair is beautiful. At the age of 67 I don't care about the gray anymore. I don't color mine but should because it gives my thin hair more body. I'm just too lazy. lol!!

Denise, hope you and the girls have fun with John this weekend. I can't believe he is 4. I've only seen him 4 or 5 times.

I'm off to check our card gallery to see if any new ones are there and comment on them.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #668
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: My DH shaves his head so I always tell him that I spend both my and his haircutting money!

Susanne: My salon has the funky rotating device too. I don't use it since I am highlighting and low-lighting at the same time. I like for it to be natural when it grows back in since I only do it every 6 weeks or so! My oldest told me that I look old (and then added in a sweet voice) "but I still love you Mom" And THIS is why I color my hair!

Angela: Yep, I'm waaaaaay high maintenance (or so my DH tells me!)

I'll post a picture of my hair tomorrow. I didn't style my hair since I knew I was going to go swimming.

I haven't even thought about my card. I suppose I should get on that!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #669
Watercolor Wizard

Oh boy...so much to say here:

Linda: Richard doesn't do the eyebrow thing..the "BROW MASTER" does! (laughing--doesn't that sound funny) I wonder when this woman tells people what she does for a living...people think? She said BREW MASTER right..as in beer? No, silly, she's a BROW MASTER!<--Opens a whole new can of worms huh? Anyway, it's a woman who does this and she is dressed to the nine's! Heels, fancy dress--when I first saw here I thought she was dressed for the night (a customer who came in to get her hair done before going out?!) So she be a "dressy brow master"

Linda---it would be a gas to do the scrap class together--dontchya know it! I am just hoping when people sign up...they know a lil' bit about the concept of Scrapping--I have had some in a classroom that don't have tools, refuse to buy supplies because they had to pay for the class and thought it came with it (even though it is very clearly written of what supplies they need) and some that cannot match 2 sheets of color to save their life! I know everyone starts some where and I would never criticize a student--this SDU class is perfect--they have to have a color wheel, they have to think things out BEFORE they buy/start the next session...should be clear sailing!

Vickie--I thought the spotted canary was a scrapstore--the main woman that works for EKsuccess is on the SDU,EKsuccess (classroom) and the Canary site..she's one busy gal!

QueenieJo---Yes, me too...this machine does that--less color/more natural underneath...it's like a moist heat but not too much heat...I keep asking Richard if he is microwaving my head!! YIKES! I def go for the el natural look...just lil' layers of diff colors...that's why I only do it 3-4 times a year..freshen it up a bit!

Now, about the hot date business? You are probably exhausted because you GO GO GO all week, then you stop to smell the roses and your head n body hit the brakes and go Yeeeech! Ahh, we can relax!!! I am almost more tired on a relaxed schedule...if I have 20 things to do, get up at 5:30am..go until 1 am...I accomplish 20 times the stuff than a lazy Saturday! Could be the coffee? But, it's like one thing leads to another...ya just keep going! No bungie jumpin'..too funny...I thought only people on the Bachelor/Bachelorette did that in the wild in some foreign country!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #670
Stampin' Fool

Well ladies, I figured out how to get my cards on the galleries, but the first pic didn't go to the March gallery, it went to mine because I put the wrong phrase in. I redid it so it is in my gallery twice, haven't gone back to see if it went in for sure on the 2nd try. I resized with Picnik online, my DGD Lexie showed me how to do it!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #671
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Well ladies, I figured out how to get my cards on the galleries, but the first pic didn't go to the March gallery, it went to mine because I put the wrong phrase in. I redid it so it is in my gallery twice, haven't gone back to see if it went in for sure on the 2nd try. I resized with Picnik online, my DGD Lexie showed me how to do it!
Denise, if something goes into the wrong gallery, you can go back and just edit the keyword (I do this all the time, because I always mess up the keywords), it will save you a little time, instead of having to upload it again. That's awesome that Lexie showed you how!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #672
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Denise..me too...I do the 'copycat' go see where everyone put their "SSMISAPR" and just go in and delete what you have and replace it in that box...Keyword I think....its as easy as pie to fix

Now I have to go look at the gallery!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #673
Watercolor Wizard

Where's Wiggy been? Haven't seen her in awhile?

Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #674
Stazon Splitcoast

I am missing Wiggy too!

I never made it to the gallery the other day so am going now.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #675
Glitter Guru

Hey girls! Well, got this one done and it is on the way to Build a Bear right now for a party! Joanna, great image choice, this image is super cute, thanks a lot. I'll have to check out the gallery now, I wanted to wait til I did mine this time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I was thinking of Wiggy, too. Hope she isn't working too hard.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #676
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith
Smile

Hi Ladies...just got finished reading all the comments and trying to catch up again.

Susanne: You keep me laughing..you have got to write a book or something. Oh!! I would love to have my brow's done. I can never get them even it seems. This drives me crazy, so I need to come see this Brow Master..lol

I have been coloring my hair myself for years. . I don't know if it looks okay or not. I'm just going by the fact nobody has pointed or busted out laughing that it's okay. Unfortunately I'm one of them that grayed early, so I like to high light as well. It camo's the grays longer.lol

Also wanted to share with you my excitement. I was picked to join the Corrosive Challenge DT. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

I guess I've blabbed on long enough..
I wish everyone a blessed week.
Hugs..Debra
Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #677
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra G Smith View Post
Hi Ladies...just got finished reading all the comments and trying to catch up again.

Susanne: You keep me laughing..you have got to write a book or something. Oh!! I would love to have my brow's done. I can never get them even it seems. This drives me crazy, so I need to come see this Brow Master..lol

I have been coloring my hair myself for years. . I don't know if it looks okay or not. I'm just going by the fact nobody has pointed or busted out laughing that it's okay. Unfortunately I'm one of them that grayed early, so I like to high light as well. It camo's the grays longer.lol

Also wanted to share with you my excitement. I was picked to join the Corrosive Challenge DT. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

I guess I've blabbed on long enough..
I wish everyone a blessed week.
Hugs..Debra
Debra, I saw that earlier, congrats! Don't be nervous, your work is great. They are a lovely group of ladies, and you know Imke already! I'll be looking forward to your creations. Congratulations!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #678
Stazon Splitcoast

Love your card, Kathleen!

Debra, yay for you!!! I was a guest designer about a year ago and it was fun!

About the eyebrows.... Can you believe I am one of the lucky ones and don't really need to do anything to mine? Now my chin is a different story.... Does Richard know a Chin Master?

Oh, Susanne, could you please PM me about Richard's book?

Last edited by monkeymama; 04-10-2011 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #679
Stampin' Fool

Congrats Debra!

Lexie has colored her image, I still haven't gotten mine done, I need to get busy!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #680
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday !!

Debra- Congratulations and welcome to the Corrosive Design Team !!
Wow, we have family faces there. Linda, You and me LOL. You donīt have to be nervous itīs so much fun.

Kathy- Your card is super cute. Like the colors.

Wiggy- Where are you !?!?! I hope everything is ok with you .

My card is also done and uploaded in the gallery.

Have a great day !