Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #601
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I hope the birthday party goes over really well. Sounds like fun with a little extra stress thrown in. I'll be thinking of you.

Debra and Scott didn't come last night. I don't know if they will make it. Scott had an angina attack Wed. night and didn't tell her until she got home on Thurs. He is always so weak and worn out after one. He said he just didn't feel like a 5 hr ride and I understand but am disappointed. Hopefully he

rested well last night. It's the first one he has had since I was there in Feb. so that is good that they are a little farther apart than they used to be.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #602
Glitter Guru

Joanna 12 boys, omg, that should be a loud party! Bet your ds will love it, hope the party goes quickly for you!

Linda, sorry to hear you son had an angina attack. Hopefully he is rested and feeling well today.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #603
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

What a riot Joanna....birthday party and MIL!

Linda, hope your son is doing better and that they can come for a visit soon.

Tracie, hope your leisurely day with your DH is fun and relaxing.

Here I sit at my desk at work; I just finished a big grant project and now wish I could go home and play. Just a few more hours then home I go!

Looking forward to getting the April image.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #604
Hardware Hotshot

Actually we are having 11 boys and 1 girl (poor Gracie!) It's funny, Gracie comes to just about every boy party that I've ever been to this year. She is the sweetest little girl. You would think that she's a tomboy but no, wears fluffy pink dresses to the parties.

Caleb says he wants to marry her when he gets older. She's a cutie, good choice buddy!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Actually we are having 11 boys and 1 girl (poor Gracie!) It's funny, Gracie comes to just about every boy party that I've ever been to this year. She is the sweetest little girl. You would think that she's a tomboy but no, wears fluffy pink dresses to the parties.

Caleb says he wants to marry her when he gets older. She's a cutie, good choice buddy!
How sweet!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #606
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Got my image in the mail today and I am so excited. Hopefully I will be able to work on it this weekend. Good choice Joanna.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #607
Watercolor Wizard

Queenie Jo---I received your adorable image today and I accept the challenge to use BOTH the ribbon and 'tin-foil thread'<--made that name up! Knowing me, I will speel some Diet Coke on the beautiful ribbon <placing it out of reach>

ELEVEN boy's and 1 girl party---did you survive? Any live animals for show and tell? Lego sets galore? Aren't kids LOUD? !!! hahahahaha

My DD had 28 --4th grade girlsssss for a sleepover party in this house --1 week after we bought it!!! Imagine, not much furniture since this house (good thing because where would anyone lay out 28 sleeping bags) ...I had one mom friend here to help me...kicked out the boy's and DH,the girls performed a 'mock trial' at 3am...ate incredible amounts of food, we made jewelry and baked cookies and and used pounds of banana's for fresh smoothies...and for breakfast (while the girls went sledding on anything sleddable--cardboard boxes, cookie sheets, their rear ends or ski jackets, on the neighbors big hill front lawn)...I cooked 40+ sets of Belgium Waffles--went through 2 jugs of syrup....whip cream all over the place...they did each other's make-up, had a DANCE contest...and they are still talking about it today!!! Never promise your kids a sleepover WITH ALL THEIR classmates and FRIENDS!!! It was crazy fun...but by 4am I called in the BIG DAWG (my pal) to hush them up!!! Exhausting!

Vickie---I bought those flowers by Michaels Recollections "Boutique Fleur" embellies today...love the vibrant colors and I plan to case your cards on your blog!!! Yes, I am going to be a thief because they just scream "SUSANNE"!!! hahah Plus, Michaels had them for like a buck? They had this encap of "clearance stuff" and I could not refuse since I HAD to buy my daughter a sketch book to be there in the first place!!! tsk tsk...Mom's gotta do what mom's gotta do! Love this vibrant colors-so so pretty!

Awe Linda---so sorry to hear your son is not feeling well--I hope you get to see them soon! It must be so much fun to have Denise and Debra as scrappin' pals--I am always in my own lil' world here--would be fun to scrap n tawk with a pal!

Opps..Vickie again...I remember you asking what part of Indiana I was going to...for my nephews wedding...it's near Syracuse...Nanawakee or something? haha Darn, I had it all memorized and poof...out like a flock of birds outta my head!!! Amish territory...I promise I'll go look on line and get the correct name of the wedding site..

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #608
Hardware Hotshot

Sus: You ARE certifiably insane!! 24 girls at a sleepover? Yikes. We had an attempt at a sleepover last summer but it ended up being a "call Mom to pick me up at 10:30-over" I think we will wait a bit longer to try it again.

Linda: I am sorry to hear about your son (and your husband, Debra). Is there anything that they can do for angina?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #609
Watercolor Wizard

Queenie Jo...YES...to your question! But it was one of those things...my DD kept asking and asking and if she invites X amount of kids from her class (small Catholic school) you have to invite them all..then the cousins and the kids she hangs with not in her class---finally I bit the bullet and said...1 party-invite everyone! Our old house would have never fit that many people--w/o furniture and kicking out the boys...we just did it!!! haha

Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #610
Gabfest Goddess

OMGosh! I am hopelessly behind here on this thread!! Can I start all over again? I promise to check in more often from now on!!

Hi, ladies, I'm Patti. Hope you are all having a good Saturday!

Jo's envelope arrived in today's mail!! It's such a cute image, I can't wait to get started!! Love that you added some little extras to the challenge, too! Awwww, Jo, you shouldn't have chickened out when choosing what to send for the month! I really like Art Impressions, btw, and a bit of sass/sarcasm can be fun! Besides we all have different styles and ideas; remember, variety is the spice of life!! And Jo, keeping you in mind today (and praying hard, too! All those kiddos at your house!!)

Working tonight, but then off til Wednesday night, so maybe I'll get some crafting done!

Yes, Susanne is certifiable...that's why she is such a blast! In addition to making some kick-***** cards and other creations (such as quilled artworks, and jewelry), that girl sure can write, can't she? Sus, is there a frustrated author somewhere inside you, just screaming to get out??

Linda, sorry to hear about Scott's attack, hope that he has rested up and is feeling much better!

And here's hoping Miss Lena is feeling better, too!!

I guess it's a bit tardy to be answering room questions, but for online stampin' stores, I go to Addicted to RubberStamping alot, too, just because they have such great variety. Then I tend to use 7Kids College Fund, Susanna's Custom Art and Card Design, and often I go to a specific maker's site (like Stampin'Bella, Riley&Co., etc) if I want a certain stamp. Since I am still a Stampin'Up hobby demo, I use all of SU's color inks and markers, though I am starting to collect quite a few Copics. But I need to do an online class to learn how to really use these babies. You all are so good with your coloring!!! I used to use just SU! Basic Black, but when I started WishRAK, and needed copic-friendly ink, I first used Adirondack Pitch Black. I have since switched to Memento Tuxedo Black, thanks to you all here and in the Magnolia, and Secret Sis Card Kit swap threads. I'm finding it inks up well, and can be used for most anything. Anyway, glad to be back...I'm going to try to check out the latest creations from the March challenge here, and leave some love before naptime.

Enjoy your day!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #611
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies!!
Joanne I got my images today...so cute, thanks.
Linda hope your son is better today.
Hi Patti and Susanne.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #612
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone

Joanna I received my images to cute and I love love that verse. Glad you decidded to slap it in there! lol

Linda I hope your son is feeling better today. That is so scary.

I had a hard day Thrusday at work we got a load of plants in and I had a hard time helping to unload it! My leg kept tighting, spasms. I've been working two days off one and I don't think that's enough time off in a row. Plus you have to work at home on your days off. Right?

This weekend I had off yeah! Worked in the yard! But I have to work next Sat.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #613
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hi Ladies!!
Joanne I got my images today...so cute, thanks.
Linda hope your son is better today.
Hi Patti and Susanne.
Awe..HI back attchya Pat!!! haha...this was cute...Patti and I got a HELLO..to heck wit allyouzgirlz!!! hahahaha <big toothy smiles>

Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #614
Watercolor Wizard

Patti---I'll have to check out my name sake.."Susanna's Custom art and card design" I haven't heard of that one! Glad you are back on daz swap lady..we were about to chase you down and swat you with WET NOODLES!!! <Smiles> Enough of this work stuff...you need to quit your job, putchya feet up and sit and type with us...no more vacations, no more cuddlin' with precious Daniel...we want you here 24/7!!!

Lena---Did you get to Dr #2 yet? I feel your pain! OUCH..you poor thing...IDEA: I sleep with a BODY PILLOW--I have since I was preggo with my first child--now I cannot sleep w/o one! Walmart $10.00 You can position the pillow any which way, under your legs, I hug mine and keep a chunk of the pillow between my knees (takes pressue off my lower back)...because when mama's back goes...let's just say it's not pretty around here!!! I will keep you in my prayers...and slow down..don't do too much--there will always be housework, the dust is not going anywhere!!! <--someone said this to me once and thought it was funny...I hope you are feeling better soon...and go pound on that other doctors door...! feel better!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #615
Watercolor Wizard

Sus: You ARE certifiably insane!! 24 girls at a sleepover? Yikes. <---Queenie JO...correction..to be CERTIFIABLE...it has to be "28" girls in 4th grade!!! hahahaha We'll let you slide this time...but watch the facts mahaam!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #616
Stampin' Fool

Kathy and Angela thanks for the web sites, I am hoping to be able to check them out tomorrow.

Jo, oh do I remember those days with all those little boys! My baby is now going to be 25 in July! Yes, I started early..........Anyway I bet he had alot of fun!

I was working on swaps and ended up with a really nice Migraine, YUK! I was able to sleep it off, which is rare for me, I just didn't feel like shooting my arm with Imitrex, it sometimes makes me sick, so if I can get to a darkroom with no noise and a cool rag, SOMETIMES that does work, thankfully it did today.

I am on pins and needles waiting for my image, can't wait! I am next month, so trying to decide what I want to do.......Hmmmmmm!

Oh and by the way I made another card with the Waiting Tilda that Mom sent out, it is on my blog, until I can figure out the photo editing program that is.

Later ladies!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #617
Glitter Guru

Lena, I wonder if it would be better to do one on one off. Maybe two in a row is too stressful on that knee. Just a thought, I'm so sorry it's still giving you so much trouble.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #618
Glitter Guru

Great to see you Patti!
Got my image Joanna, great choice, love it!
Denise glad your migraine went away with out medicine.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 AM   #619
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Sunday morning!

Thank you, Joanna, I received my image too! Very cute...I have never seen it before....

Lots to catch up on here!

How is your son, Linda? Hopefully better. I must have missed the connection before, Debra. Now I have put it all together....

I remember the days of birthday parties! We used to invite the whole class (boys and girls). We would have them at DH parent's house; they live on a lake and we would set up 3 stations: 1. paddle boat, 2. fishing, and 3. cookie decorating. Once I made fish cut-outs and the kids got to frost them and take them home. Of course you know what kids do with frosting and sprinkles don't you? Sample! I learned that each kid would need their own plastic knife and to watch for double dipping...in other words stand by to take things out of commission! (I saw one little gal lick the end of the sprinkles because it was all clogged up with frosting...you get the drift!) The kids had fun, but it was a bit stressful with so many kids. We had to have lifejackets for everybody and lots of adults to supervise. Sometimes we would end up with extra kids when the parents would leave siblings too. I was always ready for pick-up time, but then you would get parents who would linger.... By that time I was partied out and just wanted them to go! Geez, does that sound bad? At the last party, we ended up getting pizza and serving the parents too.... Fun, but exhausting! I can't imagine that many overnight...oh, my word!

We may take a trip to my brother's place to see the puppies and calves today.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #620

good morning everyone. JCI to wish everyone a super Sunday.

I slept in a bit this morning; it's very gray and dreary outside, so my plan is to "play" today.

Joanna, received the cute image and extra yesterday! Image is sooooo cute; can't wait to start coloring.

Patti, good to see you again!

Denise, hope your migraine has gone away.

Need to go fix a pot of coffee to start my morning.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning ladies. I'm getting ready to go to church. Big day today. Our church is 10 yr old today so big celebration and dinner. It is also mine and Glenn's 18th anniversary. I also have a houseful of company. Scott got a good nights sleep and they came on Fri. night so all of his 3 kids and their kids have been in and out since then. We've had from 7 here to 30 here since Fri. night and Debra and I managed to ignore all of them for a few hours at a time or the breaks when everyone went home. Tonight we are all getting together for Hot wings. No one makes them as good as Scott so no cooking at all for me today.
Thanks for all the well wishes for Scott. This is something that happens to him too often but he has to live with it. I know it scares Debra to death when he has those attacks.

I've got to get myself out the door shortly so better get off here.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #622
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, glad you have some time off. Enjoy it.

Joanna, I got my images. Love this one, so cute.

Angela, hope you have fun at your brothers.

Lena, rest that leg and hopefully you will get another opinion soon.

Denise, hope you have no more migraines.

Everyone else, hello and hope you all have a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #623
Die Cut Diva

Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday!! We have sunshine!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #624
Glitter Guru

Hi there ,

Pat- Sunshine ? Enjoy it. We had a very rainy day today

Angela- Have fun visiting your brother. The kids will certainly have a lot of fun with the animals.

Linda- Congrats to your anniversary !! Have a great day with your family.

Debra/Linda -Glad, that Scott is feeling better.

Lena- Do you work in a gardening ?

Patti- Great to see you !!!

Joanna- Do you survive the birthday party ???

I wish you a great Sunday and fun with your images !!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #625
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Imke sorry about the rainy Sunday...Linda happy Anniversary to you and Glenn!!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #626
Glitter Guru

Pat, yesterday we had 80 ° on the 03 April !!! That are summery temperature in Germany but we could not enjoy it We have painted all day in Tanja's house but much has been done and that was important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Thanks Imke sorry about the rainy Sunday...Linda happy Anniversary to you and Glenn!!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #627

Happy Anniversary Linda and Glenn!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #628
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy anniversary Linda!

Imke I work at a produce and plant stand I'm outside all day. I love being outside and working with all the beautiful plants. I'm out in the open with just a roof. No walls. So if it rains or is windy I'm in it! I love it. Meet so many nice people. Some not so nice people too! lol Hear a lot of stories. Sometimes I laugh with the customers sometimes I cry with them. I see a lot of lonely little old people who love to talk and remember the good ole days.

I have my card made! Joanna that image is so cute and I did use both ribbons! I hope to load it in the morning.

Okay DH is hungry rushing me~!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday
Old 04-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #629
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Anniversary, Linda! I hope you are enjoying your company!

Lena, how is your leg after resting this weekend? You did rest, right?!

Imke, 80 degrees sounds awesome! We had 70 here today, so I opened the windows and aired the place out!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #630
Glitter Guru

Happy Anniversary Linda and Glenn!

Lena, don't work too hard. I can just imagine you chatting with all the customers, I bet they come back just to talk, you are always so friendly! Holy moly, fast on the card this month. I agree Joanna picked a great image.

Glad you had nice weather Pat and Angela. We had some nice sunshine this weekend, too.

Imke, Tanja is lucky to have your help with the painting. It goes so much quicker with extra hands.

Debra, glad your hubby is feeling better and you made the trip to visit Linda. I'm sure you both enjoyed some crafty time.

Joanna, hope you and your house survived all those partying kiddos. Bet your ds had a blast! Caleb is a great name, I love that!

Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #631
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning

I've up loaded my card and I used the key word SSMISAPR. If this is not correct let me know and I'll change it. Had so much fun with this card.

Thunderstorm going on so I have to get off here. Hope everyone has a great Monday~!

Here is the link to my card.

Friends.... Lena by tackertwosome - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #632
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday !!

Lena- Wow, your are fast... !! Your card is lovely. I like her hair bows. Very pretty.
Itīs great to work outside. If you have a roof over your head, it goes, hm ?At least you will not get wet. I sit all day at the office. When it is dark suddenly, I notice that the sun is gone and sometimes I do not even notice the rain

You have used the right keyword. Ladies, please use SSMISAPR for April. I added the link for the April Gallery in # 2

Have fun creating !!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #633

Super cute card Lena! Love it!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #634
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Ladies...Lena your card is beautiful!!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #635
Gabfest Goddess

Good Afternoon! It's a stormy Monday here. DH is home from work, and he and Daniel went to the toy store and to lunch for some one on one time, so I got to play in the craft room! And they've given me enough time to post my April card (though now that i've seen Lena's beauty...)

Lena, it really is a gorgeous card, and you've used one of my favorite colors!

Wishing you all a great day!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #636

Super cute card Patti! Love the colors you chose.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #637
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

Hi Ladies... having been reading trying to catch up on everything.

Joanna: I got your image in the mail and it is adorable. I hope I do it justice.

Lena: I hope you get to feeling better.

Denise: I'm glad the migraine went away..I hate when I get them.

Enjoyed my visit with my MIL. Didn't get as much accomplished as we had hoped, but we did get to visit with all the kids and grandkids. We where pretty give out by the end of the day Sunday.
We drove home this morning. The wind was horrible, couldn't hardly keep the van on the road (yes, I drive a mini-van)and dodging swerving semi's. Nerves where a little bad.
I had to sneak in a little nap after we got home. I have been up trying to get everything caught up before going back to work.
My son had to have a much needed haircut..wow it was getting long and its so thick.
He is going to be a server for the prom this coming weekend. I thought it was so sweet of the kids to pick him. (He was diagnosed with autism at three) The kids are so good to him. I'm a little nervous for him..not sure how he will do with that many people.
Well I have rattled on long enough. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I wish everyone a great week.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #638
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Lena and Patti - I love both of your cards. Such a cute image. Working on another swap this week and sorting through my stamps. At the local Scrapbook store, they are having a garage sale and I thought I would take some of my extra stamps. But then I am kind of attached to them also so not sure what I will do.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #639
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

I stopped by the gallery and WOW!! I love Lena and Patti's cards. You ladies did such an awesome job.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #640
Stampin' Fool

I recieved my image today, YEA! Didn't actually look at it till about 3 hours ago! My migraine came back with a vengence, ended up sleeping, well in and out till about 4pm today. Hopefully it is gone for good. It has been awhile since I have had them. I realized why I have had a migraine last so long, well, don't tell my Mom, haha but I ran out of one of my meds that I take twice a day, not only is it for my migraine but also for nerve pain with my MS. OOOOPPPPPSSSS! My bad, guess who has reordered my meds!

All three of my kids have migraines and 1 of my grandson's who is 9 years old! They tell me all the time that it is all my fault due to my genes!!! I know my younger sister has cluster headaches, for days at a time. I know that my Mom used to have them years ago, so I blame them on her!

Mom, I had a card made for you and Glenn, my bad again. You know how I forget everything, I use my calender that is in my Blackberry for everything, guess what, I missed my Dr. appt on Thurs with Tim because somehow my calender was deleted and I have to take my phone into Verison, hopefully tomorrow! My whole planned life is on there!!!

Gregg and I got some good news today, his daughter April and our granddaughter Summer are coming out next month for a week! They are both the greatest! I can't wait to see them.

Hello to everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend!