Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #561
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Tracie, don't work too hard on your vacation. I do hope you enjoy some fun time.

Suzanne, our HL does not take other company coupons. Just go to Hobby Lobby - Hobby Lobby when you are ready to leave. Click on the specials and go to the left hand side of add and click on print coupon. They have specials every week and a 40% off coupon every other week. Sometimes they have a 25% only coupon but mainly 40%. Other items will be 40 or 50% off thru out the store. Scrapbooking always has something on sale. Stamps are 40% off quite often and so is paper and paper pads. Hope it is a good store. As everywhere some are better than others.

Pat, hope you had a good weekend.
Linda...I think I just saw Archivers near my brothers house...Did I accidently say HL???(der on my part)...I'll have to check--I don't have HL here in northeast....hmmm...I'll also hit the coupons B4 I go! Thanks for the tip!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #562
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Looking forward to seeing what our next image will be. I love all that we have received so far. They are so much fun.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #563
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies! Just saw that Jo mailed the next images, so I got in gear and finished up last night. All the kids being sick really put me behind with everything this month. Better get out your sunglasses, this one is BRIGHT! Thanks Imke, this was a great choice.

Brigitta with Flower
Old 03-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #564
Watercolor Wizard

Kathy....ADORABLE! Love the layering effects...wow, you have such style!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:18 AM   #565
SCS BRAK Coordinator

So cute Kathy - Blue and Yellow together is beautiful - So springy.

OK - question for you girls. Do you have a favorite online store? Looking for some stamps that HL or Michaels don't have.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #566
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie---I have a wish list @ Art Impressions right now...so that's the store of the week for me! Love their 'golden oldies' hysterical!!! hahaha

Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

I forgot to post that I made my card Saturday. Thank you, Imke, for the fun images and the adorable charm! This is such a fun challenge!

Off to check out the gallery....

Tracie, I have a lot of online stores I frequent. There isn't a LSS here, or close to here even. I order from PTI, The Cat's Pajama's, Stamping Bella, MFT, All That Scraps, 7 Kids College Fund. I like the shops that offer stamps/items from different companies. I just wait until I get a big enough wish list, so I can get free shipping. I have put myself on a spending diet, though. We have stuff to do to the house and I am saving my money for new lighting fixtures and things like that....

Have a good day everybody!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 03-29-2011 at 05:56 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #568
Die Cut Diva

Kathy love your card...left some love in your gallery. Tracie I order from All That Scraps because they have a variety of stamp companies I really like. PTI for cardstock and other than that I can get most things at the stores and shops near here and don't need to pay shipping.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #569
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Thanks for all the tips about online stores. Now my second question to all you wise ones, what is your favorite ink? I have mostly Stampin Up but was wondering if there is a better one out there. I have a few PTI but not much.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #570
Die Cut Diva

one word MEMENTO!!!! Great for copics or prisma pencils and gamasol. I buy the tuxedo black.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #571
Hardware Hotshot

I gotta agree with Pat ... Memento is pretty much all I use now. The only time I use my SU inks are when I'm inking up a solid stamp that I have no plan to color (and to be honest, I can't remember the last time I did that ... coloring is the best part!)

Susanne: I was THIS close to sending out a Art Impressions stamp but then chickened out. I love their sarcasm but it was soooo different than what everyone else was sending. I was afraid that no one else would be happy with it!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #572
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
So cute Kathy - Blue and Yellow together is beautiful - So springy.

OK - question for you girls. Do you have a favorite online store? Looking for some stamps that HL or Michaels don't have.
One of my all time favorites is Ellen Hutson (I don't have a link to her site here at work, but will post it from home this evening) You can probably do a search for Ellen Hutson and a link to her site will come up.

I also like Joan's Gardens (www.atjoansgardens.com)

I've also ordered directly from Hero Arts site (I really like HA stamps) Archivers carries lots of HA stamps too.

Well, you know me! If there is a stamp or other crafting item I want, I search until I find it...even go to ebay if I can't find it elsewhere!

Another site I've ordered from is SimonSays ... lots of different stamps to choose from. I don't have the link but can post it from home.

Enough of telling on myself about my "good" habits! LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #573

Agree...Memento Tuxedo Black is my preference too.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #574

More online I've ordered from, Artistic Outpost, Impression Obssession, Rubbernecker, Heartfelt Creations; 7 Kids College Fund, Our Daily Bread Designs, DeNami, JessicaLynnOriginal (she has the Brentwood Owl stamps), MFT, PTI, gobs more I'm sure! Not sure if I've ordered from Art Impressions (sounds familiar though!) so will check it out this evening. I have an outhouse stamp and saying that may have come from there (card is in my gallery so will have to check to see!) There is also a company I've ordered what's called "front and back" stamps but forget the name of that company too.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #575
Stazon Splitcoast

Another good place that has a good variety is A Cherry On Top. I really like Simon Says too. Scrap and Create is a shop I love. She gets things out the day you order. I also use the Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. It is the most recommended for Copic Markers and Gamsol .

Kathy, darling card. Love the layout and bright colors. Going to go check out the gallery.

Denise, I can't get your card on. I've tried to make it smaller on Word but it saves it as a word document and won't let me do anything else with it. I don;t know what else to do. I went thru that for awhile and didn't post on SCS at all because of it. After awhile it started working again. Just move back farther when you take a photo is all I know to say. Ask someone on here with more computer knowledge than me.

Hope everyone has a great day. Be back later to see what is going on.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #576
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda and Denise, I had trouble uploading my cards while back when SCS changed the size requirements. I downloaded Picasa for free and I resize my photos that way. It is very easy to do and has many other features that I don't use; really need to look into them, though. Hope this helps.

I give another vote to Memento; I like that it is nice and black. I also use Palette.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #577
Watercolor Wizard

INK: Embossing Inks: colorbox, Versacolor and Versafine

Dry Ink: Starson---I have never owned any SU ink! INKADINKDO has an entirely new line of inks/embossing powders out on display @ Acmoore--haven't bought one yet...

NOTE: When I emboss, I generally use gray/black ink and then choose whatever color embossing on top..the ink is hidden, so you don't need EVERY COLOR in the spectrum to ink/emboss the same color.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #578
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie---I could list 25 stores off the top of my head that are FAVES...I just listed one of my most recent... In another swap last year, one of my friends asked this question and posted this HUGE alphabetical listing of on line stores we "liked"...not sure if it was posted to the SCS site...but I gotta tell ya..there were hundreds of stores/companies mentioned...it was fun to click and see all the different stuff out there.

One good reference for a quick view is to go on Addictedtorubberstamping because they sell hundreds of different manufacturers/companies products...you might like X image then go to that company site from there and see more! It's like a well oiled machine..you can also go to ATRS and click in a word "chickens" and find 20 manufactures products relating to "chickens"....great resource for lookie-lu's!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #579
Glitter Guru

Hi there,

Kathy- Wow bright colors on your card It looks fabulous and i like all the glitter and the ribbon with the little charm.

Angela- I saw your card on your blog. Wow, really lovely. I totally like your color and DP choice.

Tracie- I can only agree with the other because of the ink. For images i only use Memento Tuxedo Black. Itīs perfect for coloring with Copics.
I have all the SU markers and used them , as Joanna , for solid stamps. That works fine for me.

I think for March there are only Tanja, Lenaīs and Denise Cards left in our gallery. Deniseīs Card we have already seen. Tanja is moving right now. Has anyone heard of Lena? I think she has started working again but I think as soon as they finish, they are set.
Ladies, this was a great round for March. I am very happy what have you done to "my" image and the little charm. Great job!

We are all looking forward to a new round ? Ready for Joanna's April Image ? I can tell you, you'll love it!!

Have a great day !!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #580
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Well Vickie - I should of known you would have great ideas of who to order from. I hate to get to addicted to more online ordering. LOL!

I love Memnto Tuxedo Black for my images but was wondering about different ink color stamp pads. They do such amazing things over at PTI with their different colors. Just hate to invest in more ink pads.

Imke - Do you just use the markers on your stamps? I have tried that a little bit but maybe I should try some more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
More online I've ordered from, Artistic Outpost, Impression Obssession, Rubbernecker, Heartfelt Creations; 7 Kids College Fund, Our Daily Bread Designs, DeNami, JessicaLynnOriginal (she has the Brentwood Owl stamps), MFT, PTI, gobs more I'm sure! Not sure if I've ordered from Art Impressions (sounds familiar though!) so will check it out this evening. I have an outhouse stamp and saying that may have come from there (card is in my gallery so will have to check to see!) There is also a company I've ordered what's called "front and back" stamps but forget the name of that company too.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #581
Glitter Guru

Tracie, Since I have my Copics, I use the markers for coloring very rare.

BUT if I want to stamp something in color, I use them mostly.
I have some SU ink padīs too, but not all colors and therefore i use my markers because I have them all (the old ones). Sometimes you have to paint more often on the stamp, but it works. Before I stamp, I breathe on the colored stamp-maybe thatīs the trick

If you have the markers give it a try. So you can save lots of money on ink pads.

Quote:
Well Vickie - I should of known you would have great ideas of who to order from. I hate to get to addicted to more online ordering. LOL!

I love Memnto Tuxedo Black for my images but was wondering about different ink color stamp pads. They do such amazing things over at PTI with their different colors. Just hate to invest in more ink pads.

Imke - Do you just use the markers on your stamps? I have tried that a little bit but maybe I should try some more.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #582
Hardware Hotshot

I remember that Lena isn't feeling well. Her leg hurts. She may need some extra time this month to make her card. It's hard to be creative when you hurt.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, that is so true. You can't create when you are in pain or feeling bad. It just doesn't work.

Tracie, hope you have fun. Tea shops are so fun. Denise and I found one in Branson that we loved. It was full of antiques and the food was delicious.

Angela, thanks for the tip on picasso. I am downloading it now and will see if Denise won't do it and maybe that will work for her card so she can get it in the gallery. I hope you are planning on doing a round 5 of SS. Debra may want to join us. She is coming this weekend so we can play. I am looking forward to it cause I don't have anyone to craft with.

Guess I had better get off the computer and get clean sheets on the beds in the guest room.

Have a great day everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #584
Glitter Guru

Hey girls, just popping in for a minute. It's been a hectic week, dh is traveling again. Here is a photo editing online site, you don't download it at all, just follow the link and you can use it. I use it to edit all my photos, size, crop, adjust the brightness and contrast and add a watermark. It's pretty easy to use, and has a lot of features, and it's free. I think it would be perfect for Denise to change the size of her photo. If you get it open and need help, just let me know.

Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image
Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #585
Glitter Guru

Tracie, I use SU colored ink mainly. I have lots of the PTI ones, that they've discontinued, they had so many problems with them, but I use them and they work well. For inking clear stamps I've also used the Cat's Eye stack of chalk inks from Colorbox I believe, they really are the best ones I've used with PTI stamps, I just don't like the little size.

Don't think I've found an online store I don't like! Verve is great with fabulous and fast shipping, I didn't see that one mentioned yet. I'm also partial to All That Scraps and 7kidscollegefund, since you can buy lots of different companies products from both sites. On line shopping is WAY TOO EASY!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #586

Quote:

Tracie, my next favorite ink pads to stamp and color with is Tim Holtz distress ink pads. I can pounch some ink on a craft mat or on a shiny styrofoam plate and pick the color up with a blender pen or aquapainter (can also do this with SU classic ink pads too) The distress ink pads seem to stamp a bit more vibrant that SU ink. I also use my SU markers to scribble on a shiny styro plate and pick up color with blender pen or aquapainter to color in images. Wish I had more time to play!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #587
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda, Do you remembr the name of the one in Branson? I ate at one that we loved but I thought they were out of business now. I just love Branson. Hope to go this summer some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Joanna, that is so true. You can't create when you are in pain or feeling bad. It just doesn't work.

Tracie, hope you have fun. Tea shops are so fun. Denise and I found one in Branson that we loved. It was full of antiques and the food was delicious.

Angela, thanks for the tip on picasso. I am downloading it now and will see if Denise won't do it and maybe that will work for her card so she can get it in the gallery. I hope you are planning on doing a round 5 of SS. Debra may want to join us. She is coming this weekend so we can play. I am looking forward to it cause I don't have anyone to craft with.

Guess I had better get off the computer and get clean sheets on the beds in the guest room.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #588

Kathy, thanks for the tip on the colorbox chalk inks; I have several rounds of these and forget about using them! I get very good coverage on chipboard using the chalk inks.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #589
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Agree...Memento Tuxedo Black is my preference too.

Me too! That's all I use now.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay ladies I've had my image colored for weeks! Made myself set down and finish it today. it was a quicky! Sorry I'll do better next time. I've been wanting to check out everyones cards but I made myself wait until I was finished. I'm going to load my card and set and enjoy everyones cards!

I'm off today and had to do some cleaning around here before I could play. I need a MAID! LOL

Kathleen I hope the children are feeling better.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #591

I've left some lovein' for all the March cards to date. I really enjoy viewing everyone's cards and give a look almost everyday at both the Feb and Mar uploads for this swap. So much creative talent right here on this thread!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #592
Watercolor Wizard

Lena...how are you feeling? Your card is LOVELY! The sparkle..the DP ooo la la! Very pretty and speaking of maids -->I need a TEAM of MAIDS here!!! haha

Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #593
Watercolor Wizard

<--cannot wait for Queenie Jo's image!!! Hope its in my mailbox soon!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #594
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Linda, Do you remembr the name of the one in Branson? I ate at one that we loved but I thought they were out of business now. I just love Branson. Hope to go this summer some time.
Tracie, this was a year and half ago, and it was down near old town. It set on the corner on the right side driving towards that new Mall. It was way before the mall tho. I can't remember the name. It was great tho, and I hope it is still there.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #595
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Hey girls, just popping in for a minute. It's been a hectic week, dh is traveling again. Here is a photo editing online site, you don't download it at all, just follow the link and you can use it. I use it to edit all my photos, size, crop, adjust the brightness and contrast and add a watermark. It's pretty easy to use, and has a lot of features, and it's free. I think it would be perfect for Denise to change the size of her photo. If you get it open and need help, just let me know.

Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image
Thanks Kathy. I checked it out and it looks very easy to use.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #596
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a note to say hi! I'm getting ready for Debra, Scott and Alex to get here. Debra and I will have a lot of fun playing with stamps and copics. Wish you were here Denise.
They won't be here until late tonight so hope to have everything clean and ready for them.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #597
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Okay Linda - That was not the tea room we went to. It was off the main drag but up behind one of the older shopping centers. There were only a couple stores in there so I don't think they got much traffic. Will have to try this new one. Thanks for the heads up.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #598
Glitter Guru

Hi there,

April already, how the time flies !! Ok, i think we are ready for a new round !!
Tanja will upload her March card (itīs already finished) if she find some time.

Lena- Your card is very pretty !!

Linda- Have fun crafting with Debra. It sounds like great days with your family.

Maybe I go after work eating ice cream with a friend. Let's see how the weather is otherwise we drink coffee
Tomorrow i will help Tanja and my brother with the renovation. So my weekend is already scheduled.

Have a great day !!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #599
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies! I'm so glad it's Friday!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #600
Hardware Hotshot

Yay, Friday!

Tomorrow is my DS's birthday party. Twelve 6, 7 and 8 year-olds running around my house (and for an extra bonus ... my MIL, nephew and his new bride are coming)! I love my family but I'm just wondering if having my MIL come at the same time as the kids is a mistake.

Honestly, I'm pretty excited for the party to just be OVER.