Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #481
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Susanne, love your bright card with the two images and the quilled flower is gorgeous!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #482
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--thanks! I also made the third pixie with black hair--but you could not see the definition between the poof of hair and the outlines--she was too dark to include in my crowded pixie patch!!!

Vickie--thank you!!!...Yeah, I am twirlin' my Q-strips all over the place here--working on another project that is quite entailed! Broke away from that to twirl for my pixie card!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #483
Watercolor Wizard

Kath....sprinklin' a lil' pixie dust on you/yours to feel better! ::::::::::::::::::::::

Old 03-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #484
Pearl-ExPert

Oh my .. I am alive everyone! I am so sorry! I have been very very absent from here. The untimely (yet enjoyable) departure of my boss has created havoc in my life and I am extremely busy these days. I have either not had time to drop by or have been too exhausted by the time I get home! I am so sorry!! I have my card with Imke's image done and I'm going to post it tonight. I hope to then be able to visit the gallery and see what everyone is up to!!

I won't go back and read all the posts I've missed so if there is something important for me to know could someone let me know??!! Thanks for understanding ladies!! I've missed you all
Old 03-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #485
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggydl View Post
Oh my .. I am alive everyone! I am so sorry! I have been very very absent from here. The untimely (yet enjoyable) departure of my boss has created havoc in my life and I am extremely busy these days. I have either not had time to drop by or have been too exhausted by the time I get home! I am so sorry!! I have my card with Imke's image done and I'm going to post it tonight. I hope to then be able to visit the gallery and see what everyone is up to!!

I won't go back and read all the posts I've missed so if there is something important for me to know could someone let me know??!! Thanks for understanding ladies!! I've missed you all
Oh...Wiggy...YES..as a matter of fact, we all pulled straws and guess what, YOU are incharge of setting up a virtual dinner for all of us!!! So, plan out something easy, lasagna, wine, some elegant frothy dessert --mail it to each of us (don't forget about our oversea's gal's)...and we'll all meet up here and chat!!! <JUST KIDDING> We have missed you---Patti's in AZ, Queenie Jo is leaving for AZ tomorrow --she really misses her mom, Linda is taking over the California coast...headed to SF now I think...Kathy and Jes have had the virus goobers--we just tucked them in for the night! Let's see, Imke and Vickie are talking shop about staying up all night to order stuff from PTI, Angela had a birthday and finally got her LEMONS!...Good update..I am sure I forgot stuff...we'll get you back on track!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Hi everybody; just checking in...work has been crazy lately.

Great pictures Linda! How old is Lexie? Ivy is 12.
Lexie is 14 and very mature. She has had to be the Mom to her 12 yr old sister for a few years. Her little sister is a little immature for her age but they are both sweet girls and very grateful for everything anyone does for them. They live with their Dad in Eureka.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #487
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne, love your card. I also love bright colors and wear lots of clothing that is loud, even if I am a serior citizen. I love the quilled flower and the curly grass. Great card.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #488
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Glad to see you and find out you are OK. We miss you.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #489
Glitter Guru

The cold is really stubborn what? I hope the kids feel better soon.

About Riley: I have missed the deadline because I've been thinking too long about it
I think if you are applying for a DT, you should be 100% convinced of the products. I like the Riley's, but I was not sure whether I would ever use.
You know what i mean ?

I'm in the July / August a guest DT from Paper Pretties. I look forward to it very much, because the stamps are really great and versatile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Hi girls, just checking in. Still have the sickness in our house! Yucky week! Imke and Joanna, did you guys apply for the Riley DT? Good luck if you did! It would be so cool if you both made it! Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #490
Glitter Guru

Sometimes you simply do not have time and other things are simply more important.
All the better that you're back.

And Susan has informed you about the most important things. Especially the thing with the dinner

Your card is very sweet. Your hair coloring is amazing and i like the DP you have used !

Quote:

Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #491
Watercolor Wizard

<--Hopes Wiggy knows I was kidding!!! haha

Have a great weekend everyone--Imke...BE ONE WITH THE BOOKS! Have a safe trip! Opps, here I go again, walked into the wrong room to chat about this...

Just mentioned in our other "room" my ABC RECIPE SWAP needs some "angels" to recover some letters...4x6 "L" and "P" and 6x6; "R" and "S"...go see Tropicalsmiles "Mothers day/Friends Gift ABC Recipe Swap if you are interested! You will receive the entire alphabet back (26 different letters/recipe in the category you are involved in)...I did V and Z in the 6x6...Due in April!

Linda & Imke...thanks for the shout out about my Quilling Pixie Card! The minute I saw the sunflower it popped into my head--Oh I gotta make a big quilled sunflower for this card!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #492

TGIF and Good morning!

Donelda, I hope things slow down a bit for you at work.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #493
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Hello everyone. Finally got my picture posted. Had the day off but still had plenty of errands to run. I have a card class tomorrow that I am going to. We will be making 8 cards in 3 hours. I will post on my blog when I come home. Here is my March Image Card

Be sure and put sunglasses on for this bright image. My DSS Secret Sister had send me this DSP and I just had to use it.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #494
Stazon Splitcoast

Hell ladies!

Today I got my hair cut and then I've been planting flowers in my flower beds. Can't wait for some spring colors. Our trees are starting to pop! Can see the green popping everywhere. Yeah!

I woke up with a sore throat today! All the pollen in the air from the trees is killing me. But it won't last long I hope? I'm happy Spring is here.

I'm so bad I have my image colored just need to put it together. I want to go see the other cards. But I have to wait until mine is finished.

Wiggy I understand completely.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #495
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone has done such a beautiful job on their cards. I've got to find time today to go see how many have posted new cards since I was last on here a few days ago.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #496
Stampin' Fool

JCI, not feeling to hot, sore throat and asthma flare up
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #497
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie0090 View Post
JCI, not feeling to hot, sore throat and asthma flare up
Denise...feel BETTER! Yikes..double wammy!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #498
Watercolor Wizard

Lena--can you believe we still have (some) snow on the ground around our house...the spots that don't get the good sunlight! My DH was cleaning up the yard today--while the furnace guy came out for an emergency visit!!! Yes, our furnace was spewing dark smoke out of the chimney and a neighbor noticed...alerted us! She went as far as coming into the basement to ck on the furnace while we were not home! Good neighbor!

Anyway, all is well in whoville--and we were talking about planting some flowers around the yard--this is not my forte (DD wants to host a garden this summer)...I recommended places where we need a lil' color--plus, keeping it safe from the dogs in the neighborhood. So, you could say we are STARTING to think about spring here!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #499
Die Cut Diva

Happy first day of spring everyone!! I saw so many blooming trees and daffodils yesterday...spring is really here!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #500
Glitter Guru

Happy Sunday,

Pat- You are right. We had also a nice and sunny day. Spring is near

Denise and Lena - Feel better soon !!

Susanne- Already snow ? I hope spring is soon with you !!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #501
Watercolor Wizard

Tomorrow is the first official day of spring...it's really cold outside right now...like down vest cold! They say rain and possible flurries tomorrow! YIKES...just when we start to see snipets of our lawn, we'll have frost tomorrow?! So much for Easter bonnet shopping!!! NOT!

Imke--we had our first official BBQ last night for dinner...my DH kids me about "Oh sure now you call it BBQ...in 2 weeks you'll be saying 'Cowboy food again?" so true! We need to spice up our BBQ menu's a bit--more fish...ribs etc...I bought my DH a BBQ MAN cookbook last year for Father's Day--so far he has not opened it! hmmm...Maybe we need a WOMAN on the job?!

Today, I made a special trip to Michaels for ONE THING...a fine line silver metallic marker for this project I am working on. I found one in their art dept,came home, made two (TWO) (2) lousy strokes on card stock and the pen tip went inside the pen!!! It's one of those 'better artist marker companies' (in a package) Faber-C (forgot brand name--it's up in my purse to go back to Michaels)-I also bought an American Crafts Silver marker (tip is rather pudgy wide) but it will have to do for the time being! If its not one thing...its another!

FYI...I don't mean to be an "enabler" but Joann's has been marking down their sizzlex dies to peanuts---I bought a cute Bunny die and a swirly die recently...each for less than $4!!! They also just started carrying the Spellbinder nesties (in the 4 pack)...really, who buy's the 4 packs? Wish they sold them seperately--less of a commitment!!! haha

Well, that's all from me now--off to chill for the rest of my Sunday--son has baseball practice at 5:30am (before school try outs) tomorrow, so I imagine all of us off to dreamland quite early tonight! DH is taking him, but I'll get up with them just for kicks and giggles!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #502
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne: I do all the grilling at my house ... I WISH my DH would cook sometimes but probably won't ever happen (sigh)

Wow, I went to the March gallery to show my mom our work ... so many amazing cards have been posted!! Love the quilling on your card, Sus.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #503
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies and a great Monday to you !!

Joanna- I received the images last week Thanks and have a great time wiht your mom !

Ladies- I do not want to spoil the surprise- I only tell you that it is totally cute

Susanne- We also had BBQ last Friday. DH made Ribs. Yummieh !! I have the Original Weber BBQ book loan from the library, there are great recipes in it.

Last edited by germanstampler; 03-21-2011 at 04:53 AM..
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #504
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning...another warm day. I've opened my house up and letting the fresh air blow through. Need to make a quick trip to the library but other than that I plan to be home today. Supposed to turn much colder later this week.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

It is beautiful here today. It is already in the high 70's. I need to start working in my yard but am so behind in my craft room that I will probably just play today and think about outside work tomorrow.

My DH does the outdoor cooking but wish he would let me do it. He overcooks everything most of the time. He is fianlly getting a little better about it tho.

Have a good day ladies.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #506

My image is colored and I hope to put the card together this evening. I think I tried to blend too much using my Copics because I had "bleeding" outside the lines, so had to try again on image #2 using colored pencils and gamsol. A little better, but just so-so. The image is soooo cute and I've not done her justice.

IF I have time this evening before I pull the card together, I will try again with Copics to color the third image. (So glad to have that 3rd image, Imke!)
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #507
Watercolor Wizard

Ladies..I have to share this with you....I ran to Michaels to pick up a silver metallic marker yesterday and two stokes later it was broken. I was rather in a fit and wrote the company---mentioning just two strokes on cardstock....LOOK AT THIS LETTER THEY SENT ME BACK TODAY!!!
Thank you for your interest in Faber-Castell and the Art & Graphic Brand.

I'm sorry to hear you experienced difficulty using your PITT artist pen. I will be sending a replacement pen out to you via USPS Priority shortly.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance as I will surely do my best to help.

Sincerely,
WOW huh? I was just making the note that the marker fell apart in two strokes! This saves me a trip to Michaels!! (as if that's a bad thing?)hahaha Does anyone use this company for markers/pencils...good? I think I am going to take a look at their stuff now--such excellent service over one lousy broken marker!!! Yeay for me! Saved myself a couple of gallons of gas!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #508

Here's my March card.

Sunny Days

TFL
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #509

Wow Susanne; thanks for sharing the Michaels letter. Glad Michaels corporate sent you a positive response.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #510
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: Really? Gosh, I guess that I worried about getting the images to you a bit too much. I probably could have sent them when I got back from Arizona. Oh well, better early than too late.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #511

Hi Joanna; you asked if I made the flower on my card...yep I did.

The lace is from a package of spare parts lace ribbon from Hobby Lobby and I just punch out a 1 1/4 inch circle, cover it with adhesive using my ATG tape gun, then starting at the outer edge of the circle, I start covering the circle by pinching the lace as I layer the ribbon on it. Easy peasy.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #512
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Your card is so cute. Love the pink dress.

Susanne - Guess it shows that there still is customer service out there. Great news.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #513
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Wow Susanne; thanks for sharing the Michaels letter. Glad Michaels corporate sent you a positive response.
Pssssssst Vickie..it wasn't Michaels..it was Faber-Castell USA (artist pens) that I BOUGHT @ Michaels!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Pssssssst Vickie..it wasn't Michaels..it was Faber-Castell USA (artist pens) that I BOUGHT @ Michaels!

oops! Thanks for the clarification!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #515
Watercolor Wizard

Queenie Jo---Grilling on our BBQ Webber grille is totally my DH's job--I don't stack the coals right, I put too much or too little lighter fluid in the mix...I have been know to drop hot dogs through the grille--he is our MAN GRILLE GUY and personally, I don't mind one bit...because I am usually in the kitchen making the salad, beans, and securing all the accruchaments for a successful dinner---oddly enough, after all is fed and happy, he takes FULL CREDIT for cooking! No cleaning he just stood there with a poker thingy and watched over meat on fire! haha Oh I let him take the credit--as me n muddy load the dishwasher (he licks-I stack)...funny how that all works at our house! I could wrangle the cow in the back yard...but DAD COOKED DINNER!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #516
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Debra G Smith

Hi Ladies...just thought I would check in. I have been working out of town M-F since we started shipping again. I work in a Peanut CO-OP where we store and ship peanuts. I try to pop on every now and then to see what is going on, but have gotten a little behind. I have been reading and trying to catch up on everything and everyone. Sounds like everyone has been sick or a little busy also. My poor DH has been down in his back and just found out the school called and my DS is sick again. Might have to take off and go take care of them. If it isn't one thing it's another.
I am off to see the cards and see what everyone has created.
You ladies all have a great day!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #517
Stazon Splitcoast

Debra, I hate to see that Scott is having problems and that Alex is sick again. Hope all are better tomorrow. Let me know.

Joanna, enjoy your visit with your Mother. I am sure she is thrilled that you are there.
Imke gets her mail pretty quick, it is Donelda that it takes forever for. I guess that customs sometimes just holds it for awhile but she does eventually get it. I can't wait to see what you sent. I am sure it will be fun.

Susanne, you can send any image you want when it is your turn, boys, animals, anything. I can't wait to see what everyone sends us.

Vickie, I posted on SCS about your gorgeous card. I love what you did with the flower and thanks for telling us how you did it.

It is really hot here today. Over 80 and our morning high was 66 and that is normally more than our average temp this time of year. It is usually in the 50's in March.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #518

You know for some reason I really struggled with this card; thank you all for your kind compliments. I LOVE making flowers and the lacey flowers are so easy and quick. I did a brayering demonstration at the workshop I went to on Saturday and had one of my lacey flowers on the card and all were more interested in how to make the flower than in the brayering demonstration!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #519
Die Cut Diva

Vickie I went to Hobby Lobby today and all of their Spare Parts were on sale for 50% off so I got two packages of the lace you use to make your flowers...wish me luck!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #520

Pat, you will make a gorgeous flower (and thanks for letting me know about the 50% off!)