Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #401
Hardware Hotshot

Just a quick note to let you all know that I posted my card in the gallery (I haven't gotten the OK from the upload police tho). If you want to see both cards that I made with the images .... check out my blog. I didn't upload the second card to the gallery (since it didn't have the charm)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #402
Stampin' Fool

Patricia wow, take care of yourself and glad you are home.

Mom is going to help me post my Tilda pic for feb when she gets here on Thursday, don't know why I am having so much trouble.

I haven't colored my image yet!

HAPPY MONDAY
Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #403
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Pat - make sure you take care of yourself - wow, that is crazy!!!
And yeah Linda!!!!

Off to check out blogs and cards
Old 03-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #404
Die Cut Diva

I love both of your cards Joanna, but the green is my favorite...it goes with St Pat's day theme!! Thanks for all the kind advice everyone, today has not been the fun day I imagined while being in the hospital but I will have to take the bad along with the good days...just happy to be on the mend. Hope to color my image tomorrow and work on my card, it's such a cute image Imke!!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #405
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Joanna, both cards are sooo cute! Like Pat mentioned, the green one reminds of St. Patrick's Day; the blue one is so soft and sweet. TFS
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #406
Watercolor Wizard

Queenie Jo---Love the cards and your blog makes me a jealous girl! haha I am el bloggo slobbo! hahaha Nice work lady!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #407
Watercolor Wizard

Never a dull moment...not even one around here! Today, my baby Patrick (age 16) got his permit to drive and asked me (very nicely) if he could go for a ride in my car. Of course I had to put the bon-bons down and look up from my romantic comedy, neck massage and pedi and say OK with some attitude! (As IF hahaha) I was flattered that he wanted to be seen driving a mommivan-but I guess when one needs to 'break in' his permit...one will drive any vehicle that is handy.

So off we went, immediately, before even leaving the house we got into an argument about pulling the ol' beast out of the garage--I WON! Told him if he tore off the doors the car would not be driveable!

He drove well, except the parts where my imaginary brake would not stop or slow down the car--all confirming that he is INDEED a driver--even posing in his brand new overpriced Oakley sunglasses-he be stylin'! So off we drove about 7 miles and the most direct shot to the beach. We both settled down a bit because I was near having a stroke and I think he realized he ain't so good changing lanes w/o my input! Nice how things work out for us huh?

I was not only turning my hair gray, but I had a mission to accomplish...I brought a huge bag of crusty stale bread that was all broken up and a planned snack for our endearing seagulls that sit pouched down on their bellies on the warm(ish) black top parking lot. {It was sunny but extremely windy today--cold too!} Peeg drove up very slowly and put the car in park, K, P, and I each grabbed handfuls of the crusty bread and tossed them out three windows. K went as far as kneeling on the seat and tossing her bread crusts high in the wind...Seagulls swarmed our area and it became a game...they were catching the bread midflight in their mouths. The older/darker birds were hogs so we tossed the bread around to the less motivated flock! It was actually fun! <bonding moment and a great stress reliever>...We were laughing and watching each others targets...and finally, it was time to drive back towards home with a pit stop to the grocery store. The ride home seemed smoother and well, less blood vessels bursting in my head kind of feeling!!! haha

P pulled up into the drive way and just as I was saying...STOP let me pull into the garage...he attempted it like a show off and kissed the front bumper on the side of the garage! No dent, just a smudge of white paint on my rubber bumper! He does take after me with the hellsbells tude...but I think overall he did a real good job.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #408
Glitter Guru

Susanne, congrats to Patrick and give him a nice greeting from me-this also happen to other...

Something like that I can not really tell, it's too stupid. I do it anyway to cheer up our driver newbie

I have now 18 years my driverīs license (in Germany we get it until eighteen) and I went last Saturday against our gate . We have a gate to the driveway that has two parts. The one I have open, the other not. How stupid was I ?? I guess I was not really awake The car has survived and fortunately, no one has seen !!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I am glad you are fixing your blog. I keep going to visit but it is the same as last visit. lol!! I just love reading whatever you write. Your new driver sounds like a typical first drive. Thank goodness my older sons took my daughters out to learn to drive. I didn't have to panic as much. After all these years I still brake while riding with my sons. lol!!

I love bot cards that have been finished. Love the bright colors on Debra's and love Joannes cards, both of them and am partial to the blue although both are beautifully done. I finished mine last night. I wanted to take it to CA and finish out there but I just kept going and it is done. I am taking the other copies to work on with Lexie and Denise. I may wait and post when I get to CA and then I might not.

Have a good day ladies.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #410
Die Cut Diva

Haven't worked on my card ...but I am feeling a little better today. Just jumping from one thing to another. I did get a very nice nap in this afternoon so maybe I will color for a bit. Happy Fat Tuesday everyone!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #411
Watercolor Wizard

Linda---I am guilty as charged! I know my blog needs some TLC, but every minute I sit here I am juggling 3 other projects! I need to have a chat with my darling I.T.cousin who does this stuff for a living---I know I need some fresh art up there...I have stuff in the works here---you know how it goes--like changing hats every 15 minutes! Have fun in CA...I better start working on my IMKE image...I need some Copics refilled---the cold air down here doesn't help them either..Maybe I'll bring my marker box upstairs to warm em up a bit before I start to color! Could be my cold hands too!!!

Imke---a few years ago on a bright sunny January day, I pulled out of the garage and headed down my drive way. There was ice and snow but nothing extreme to be really cautious about until my car didn't want to stop! It skid about 3 car lengths into our mailbox GOING ZERO MILES AN HOUR!!! Omgosh, I clipped the mailbox and broke my right front headlight in the skid!!! I was so mad..I was going ZERO..how could this happen!!! Needless to say; I dialed our insurance company and stated: How is it that my car was going ZERO and it clipped my own mailbox on my own driveway and the damage costs are $1200.00? They just laughed! Oh sure...what a clod I am! I blamed it on "black ice"...going ZERO--I think it's God's way of telling me to slow down---some sense of humor he has huh?!!!<smiles>

Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #412
Watercolor Wizard

RENTED THE MOVIE: "Morning Glory"...gonna watch it now!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #413
Stampin' Fool

Susanne I know how you feel, I had 2 daughters and 1 son to teach to drive. Our oldest had to wait til she was 18 due to issues with behavior, that was the only thing we could use to work for her.

It is so expensive now days then when my kids were taking drivers ed. Your insurance is so much cheaper too if they take some kind of driving school. My youngest is now 25 so it has been awhile.

When my middle daughter and youngest (son) who were going to school in a different town than we lived in due to it being a better school district and that Daughter didn't give us any problems she was able to get her license. We did buy the car she drove because she had to take herself and younger brother to an from school, I was just finishing nursing school and husband was at the time a building contractor and worked sometimes out of town. We did both teach them to drive, I think girls are easier to teach, boys seem to have a huge attitude!!!! Well, ok maybe just my SON!!!!!!

Mom is right, my older brother taught me to drive, I was lucky I guess growing up in Kansas we got our learners permit at 14 1/2, I guess because of the farmers. So, I have been driving for 32 years. I have had 2 accidents in that time, one when Mom was out for one of my DD's weddings. She wasn't hurt thank goodness.

I am not looking forward to my Grandkids driving, my DGD Lexie is 14 now, she wants our Volkswagon Rabbit Convertible we have, needs a motor, it is 1981. Ha, all of the grandkids want it. I think we need to fix it for the gas mileage myself. We will see.

I am almost done with my box, waiting on one more thing, according to tracking from store, should have been here today, so will probably ber here tomorrow.

Seems like I wrote a book huh!

I love the cards that are posted. I need to work on mine. Lexie wants me to hurry up and color mine so we can put them together. I have been trying to get my box ready, so been busy.
She is also busy trying to figure out what to do about school next year. She is still undecided about going to high school or out to the jr college. She needs to get her paperwork turned in soon. She grad from 8th grade in June. For those of you who don't know, her teachers want her to go to an advance program that is held at the Jr. College here and do high school classes along with college classes and when she grad in 4 years she will grad with an AA from the Jr College. It would look great on a college app as she wants to go to a University that is expensive and will need a good scholarship to help. She is very smart and has always carried 4.0 in advanced classes all during grade school and jr high.

Better go! Happy Tuesday

Last edited by leslie0090; 03-08-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #414
Watercolor Wizard

Leslie---my oldest brother taught me to drive waaaaaay back at 16. I remember him telling to turn by saying; Louie=Left and Roy=Right! For some crazy reason I responded better to Louie and Roy rather than R and L! haha From that moment on, I drove everywhere--I don't think my mom had to go to the store ever again! She used to drive Cadillacs and it was like floating on air to drive those ol' big cars!

OH...I highly recommend the movie "Morning Glory" I was up watching the silly thing until 1:16am!!! I love a good movie and finshed some details on one of my swaps!

Have a good one gals...!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #415
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!! Rain Rain Go Away!! Enough already!!! Guess snow would be worse. Got my mojo back and worked on a swap last night HOORAY!! Everyone have a great "hump day"
Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #416
Hardware Hotshot

I'm trying to decide if I am going to spend the morning cleaning (as I should) or go down and craft. I have a Special Education meeting with the teachers, principal and therapists for my oldest this afternoon. The meetings are always stressful and depressing ... I'm kinda leaning toward just crafting.

Hey, I'm thinking about applying for the Riley and Company DT call. Does anybody have an Riley images that they could stamp and send me?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #417
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, so glad to see you sounding better if that makes sense. Hope the pain eases and just goes away. I am mailing you your special WRAK pkg today so you will have a few new goodies to play with while sitting at home.

Suzanne, that sounds like a lot of fun having your brother teach you to drive. I learned thru drivers Ed. and like Denise said at 14 I had a restricted license. The local cops in such a small town let us drive to school and after school errands so we all drove at 14 in Caney, KS. It was fun. Now the kids have all these rules and I do understand why!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #418
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I'm trying to decide if I am going to spend the morning cleaning (as I should) or go down and craft. I have a Special Education meeting with the teachers, principal and therapists for my oldest this afternoon. The meetings are always stressful and depressing ... I'm kinda leaning toward just crafting.

Hey, I'm thinking about applying for the Riley and Company DT call. Does anybody have an Riley images that they could stamp and send me?
Joanna, I think you should go for it.
When I get to CA I can send you some. I gave all my Riley's to Lexie. I think she will still have them. I had about 15 and got tired of them because that was all I wanted to do, kinda like I am on the Magnolia's now. lol! Denise if you read this check with Lexie and see if she still has Riley, it is a little Moose.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #419
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies!

Susanne, teaching your kiddo to drive sounds very stressful, glad I have a while to go yet!

Joanna, head to your craft room, the cleaning can wait. Hope your meeting goes well and they are able to do what your ds needs. I'll be thinking of you this afternoon. Go for it on the Riley DT call!

Glad your mojo is back Pat, just don't overdo it!

Denise can't wait to see what you and Lexie are creating. Bet you and your mom are looking forward to your visit!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #420
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all just checking in going to lunch with DH. BBL
Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #421
Watercolor Wizard

Linda---I had driver's ed too...but all the driving I did at home was with my older siblings! Nowadays, you have to CLOCK the time driving with a parent/adult in addition to the driver's ed time...it's very strict..Patrick won't be able to drive until NEXT Sept and will only be able to drive with siblings--no friends...Then, after a month or so he can drive with 1 friend outside the family. So, this is where HS Juniors all meet up in seperate cars when they go out--because no one can drive together! But, if gas keeps rising over here...I doubt that will happen too often!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #422
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Pat, so glad to see you sounding better if that makes sense. Hope the pain eases and just goes away. I am mailing you your special WRAK pkg today so you will have a few new goodies to play with while sitting at home.

Suzanne, that sounds like a lot of fun having your brother teach you to drive. I learned thru drivers Ed. and like Denise said at 14 I had a restricted license. The local cops in such a small town let us drive to school and after school errands so we all drove at 14 in Caney, KS. It was fun. Now the kids have all these rules and I do understand why!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Missed this post earlier today. Thanks Linda for thinking of me...I know you are busy trying to get everything ready for your trip!!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #423
Glitter Guru

Joanna, yes do it !!! I have Rileys and would send you some images of course. But i thinks they did not arrived in time. I think the DT Call end March 18 th ?!?! But i still send you some. I will keep my fingers crossed !!

I've also considered to participate, I'm not sure. Silke, a German woman has had in the current DT and from her I get the hint. Well, letīs see.

Quote:

Old 03-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #424
Glitter Guru

Hello together,

Linda- I wish you a good and safe trip to Denise.

Pat- Good to hear that it's getting better.

Susanne- Here in Germany it is forbidden to drive without a driver's license. I can not leave anyone behind the wheel that has no driver's license.
So no practice with their own children (some still do it on a dirt road) If you get caught, you get a penalty.

Have a great day everyone !!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #425
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning. Guess what? I couldn't get to sleep last night until after 2:00 and woke up at 5:30 so on 3 1/2 hrs sleep I am off to CA. I read on another post that Denise was still awake at 2:00 AM and she has to drive the 5-6 hrs to pick us up. I guess the sleep problem runs in the family. I am sure my DGD didn't sleep either. She is so excited.

Thank you Imke and Pat.

I hope you all have a great day. I'll probably check in to read what everyone is doing while we lay over a couple of hours in Phoenix.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #426
Watercolor Wizard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Hello together,

Linda- I wish you a good and safe trip to Denise.

Pat- Good to hear that it's getting better.

Susanne- Here in Germany it is forbidden to drive without a driver's license. I can not leave anyone behind the wheel that has no driver's license.
So no practice with their own children (some still do it on a dirt road) If you get caught, you get a penalty.

Have a great day everyone !!
That just doesn't make sense to me---how do they LEARN? Driving is such a learn by doing process....I'd be out on that dirt road!!! hahaha

Old 03-10-2011, 04:10 AM   #427
Stampin' Fool

Joanne I didn't see the post until just now about the Riley stamps and my Moms comment. I will ask my DGD Lexie to get the Riley's out for me, I will send her a text when I hear that she is up. She is normally up at 6am our time. It is just alittle after 5 here now. I will stamp them tonight when we get home so we can get them in the mail tomorrow so you will have them as soon as possible.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I say go for it Joanna! Yeah!

Have a safe trip Linda and Denise drive carefully!
Pat hope you are feeling better and take it easy!

I have not started my card yet. I have not looked at the ones finished I'm waiting until I get my card done. Then I'll set and enjoy them all!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #429
Glitter Guru

Susanne, I'll explain a bit......

We have to go to a driving school. There is a theoretical part. There are real lessons. How many hours I do not know exactly, but there are a few. Finally, you have to make a test.
Then the driving lessons. It must be done in any case, 10-hours. On the highway, at night and on the country road. Then there are the normal practice hours you need. In most cases also 10. Then you have also a practical driving test.

If you've done all that, you get your driver license and are about 1500 Euro (1100 $) poorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
That just doesn't make sense to me---how do they LEARN? Driving is such a learn by doing process....I'd be out on that dirt road!!! hahaha
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #430
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Angela !!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

We had Driver's Education is H.S. and it was free back then; it was written into the curriculum. Now the families are on their own, to arrange and pay for it. I think it's between $300-400.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #432
Hardware Hotshot

So my meeting went well I suppose. I found out that DS is what they call twice exceptional. He is gifted but he also has learning disabilities. They said that they don't know if they can provide the best education for him next year and asked me to consider other schools. Soooo, I'm off to research "plan B"

I went to my LSS and found the owner there just back from CHA. I asked her to give me a tour of what's new and exciting. She was REALLY excited about the new stamp making system. I just don't see the draw of it. I mean, how many stamps of your dog or kid's face do you need? Has anyone else seen the YouTube video featuring it?

Which leads me to this room question: What is the product that you are most excited about from the Winter CHA?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #433
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Birthday Angela!!! Have a wonderful day!

Angela...now the driver's ed class (here) is not a penny less than $1,000. $500 for the class part (sitting school curriculum with tests, movies, and lectures) Then, one parent or legal guardian HAS TO TAKE A STUPID CLASS (waste of time), THEN, you schedule your driving days...but you have to pay the next $500 before they write your name in ink for driving with an instructor! Then you have to pay for the test with a state trooper or DMV...then you pay for the license itself! Then, you watch your auto insurance TRIPLE!!! In the meantime, my DS worked, saved all his money and bought the car--we chipped in for license, registration over $800.00...and he pays his own insurance,gas and upkeep!

The one plus out of this is since I took the boring parent class under 3 years ago--I don't have to take it again with my youngest son....YAHOO...I knew something would pay off having kids close in age!!! hahaha AMEN!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #434
Watercolor Wizard

Wow Queenie..we both must have posted at the XACT same time?...yours and my post popped up and the page spread out!!! <funky optical illusion> over here !

To answer your question about the CHA fave....I am anxiously awaiting for my LSS to get the NEW Spellbinder Triangles in....she said she ordered them...so that's my thang!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #435
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Happy Birthday Angela!

Joanna, I agree with you about the stamp maker...I'm a person who wants it all, but I have no desire for the stamp maker. So, with that said, I'll have to watch the YouTube videos tonight!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #436
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I have about 10 different Rileys (about 3 or 4 are Halloween...mummy, frankenriley)...any special images you would like? Go for that DT call!

Once again, I've been MIA for more than a week (eek! bad Momma!) Looks like it might be awhile before I can get back...working the next 4 nights, then leave for Phoenix!! I had to stop in to say
Happy Birthday Angela!!! hope you do somethin special today!

And wishing everyone else a great day...and week ahead! (Jo, don't worry, I'll stamp up those Rileys for you before I go!)

Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #437
Watercolor Wizard

Patti gave me a Riley with a Christmas tree...want some of those images Queenie Jo? He's adorable...carrying it over his shoulder I think....(working from memory here it's in my Christmas stamps)

Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #438
Hardware Hotshot

Oooh Patti, I love that little Franken-Riley. Send him my way!! What can I stamp and send your way? I'll take any images that you want to send, gang. That new picture of Daniel is sure cute. He certainly is a cutie-patooty!

Lena: Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby of 44 years! How cool is that!!!

Susanne: I'm dying for those pennants too! There are quite a few of the Nesties that I want. I took your advice and rented Morning Glory. I'm planning to make the DH watch it with me tonight (he makes me watch enough of his gory sci-fi stuff!)

So I did tie-dye with the youngest's class this morning and despite wearing gloves the entire time, my fingers are stained purple and green (I even have a smudge on my cheek!) Ugh. I did manage to keep the kids clean ... including the little girl wearing her white and black Easter dress to school

I also got early to make eggs for the school's Dad's breakfast. I gotta say ... I'm kinda pooped right now!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #439
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Today I've been married 44 years! Yikes not sure how I did it either. he he he I still want to shoot him some days!

Yeah and other great news is DH is going to work after almost a year. We were beginning to think it wasn't going to happen.

Been on a tight budget, so now I have something to look forward to. Shopping again. Oh yeah I'm doing the happy dance.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #440
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oooh Patti, I love that little Franken-Riley. Send him my way!! What can I stamp and send your way? I'll take any images that you want to send, gang. That new picture of Daniel is sure cute. He certainly is a cutie-patooty!

Lena: Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby of 44 years! How cool is that!!!

Susanne: I'm dying for those pennants too! There are quite a few of the Nesties that I want. I took your advice and rented Morning Glory. I'm planning to make the DH watch it with me tonight (he makes me watch enough of his gory sci-fi stuff!)

So I did tie-dye with the youngest's class this morning and despite wearing gloves the entire time, my fingers are stained purple and green (I even have a smudge on my cheek!) Ugh. I did manage to keep the kids clean ... including the little girl wearing her white and black Easter dress to school

I also got early to make eggs for the school's Dad's breakfast. I gotta say ... I'm kinda pooped right now!
ahhhhhhhhhh thank you Joanna. I'm giving him 6 more years then I'm trading him in for two 25 year olds! Think that'll work????? NOT!