Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Smile Closed and swapping...Baker's Dozen...Batch #10

I'm so glad that sunstamper started this swap a while back...and glad she let me take it over...b/c sending and receiving a card each week is great. Even better is making a new crafty friend over the course of 13 weeks! I know many of us play each round...but here are the details if you are new in the kitchen. We are fun batch of crafters who chat, send, and receive cards!

Baker’s Dozen Mondays

For this swap – YOU WILL:

1. be matched up with another talented stamper to send to cards and receive from cards

2. send one lovely card on each Monday from August 1st through October 24th to your partner.

3. send a total of 13 cards.

4. mail the cards separately so your partner gets 13 surprises in the mail.

5. receive 13 wonderful cards from your partner!

6. sign up by July 25th by posting in this Baker’s Dozen Mondays thread.

7. complete the questionnaire by July 25th and post to this Baker’s Dozen Mondays thread

8. send PM to me with real name, mailing address, and whether you want to send to 1) US only, 2) Canada only or 3) Doesn’t matter.

9. use favorite colors, techniques, themes and styles, according to the info revealed on your partner’s questionnaire.

10. choose whether you would like to communicate with your partner via SCS, Facebook, e-mail, etc.

11. Follow the Swap Forum Rules as outlined HERE.

Start Date: August 1st, 2016
End Date: October 24th, 2016

Baker’s Dozen Mondays Participants:
(#) Survey post number
X have address

US
X (4) dawnmercedes ll
X (7) dr sonya l
X (60) mschoener l
X (9) Forest Ranger ll
X (17) dani_fornier l
X (13) dogloverkd l
X (16) Ashjoy ll
X (18 ) Fairskinnedgoddess l
X (19) cj nalley ll
X (26) Sherrie ll
X (27) Laura0405067 l
X (41) skynacho ll
X (46) Miss Kitten
X (4 MickeyBeth
X (90) ms.earlgrey
X (58 ) MCMOM0303

Canada/Overseas
X (20) tampatha l
X(38 ) Angie1974 ll

Up to Post #176

Last edited by dawnmercedes; 08-15-2016 at 08:59 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 07-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #2

Survey

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?)

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set?

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards?

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall?

5. What is your favorite stamping technique?

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn?

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting??

Last edited by dawnmercedes; 07-10-2016 at 02:08 PM..
MCMOM0303 likes this post.
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

Please sign me up to bake a dozen wonderful cards for a lovely new baker friend!

CAS Best of 2016 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2707079

Favorites Best of 2016 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2691273
dawnmercedes likes this post.
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #4

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) Oh, wow! I guess I didn't think about ME SHARING a recipe! haha

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? I would have a bird in it...and a sun...and some happy, cheerful greetings. Oh and definitely a gratitude sentiment.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? Not much...thought I should b/c I have piles of paper and embellies! Perhaps, I shall make a banner...for all our bdays which are about to hit! Can that be my "new New Year's Resolution?" haha

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? I love the colors of the leaves.

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? I love how some people are so great about executing techniques!! I love to see the spotlight technique...and mixed media. If that could be called a technique!

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? I'm going to say Mixed Media...if that counts. Not sure!

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting?? red/teal or teal/orange/green
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #5

great!! got you on the list!!
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:17 PM   #6

And in case anyone is wondering... I thought we'd do one more "extra fun in the envie" each week. And then over the holidays...go back to "just a card." b/c everyone's time gets squished at the end of the year!!
Unread 07-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

Survey
1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) Grilled salmon is always a favorite (any smokey wood is delicious-mesquite, apple, oak) and this yummy pink peppercorn tartar sauce adds a nice finishing touch: finely chop some red onion, Italian parsley, stir into some mayonnaise and sour cream (2:1 ratio) with drained capers and cracked pink peppercorns, to taste. Goes great with champagne vinaigrette over arugula greens and pink grapefruit segments with parmesan curls. Add a crusty artisan bread and you are ready to feast.

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? Iris, in memory of my grandmother's garden, roses, because the traditional tea rose scent is intoxicating, and lilac, for old-fashioned charm (you can guess that one of my favorite designers is Marcella Hawley because she is such a wonderful artist of botanical accuracy).

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? Just cards

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? The colors, the woodsy scents, cinnamon flavors everywhere.

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? I enjoy coloring images with copics. The rest of the card gets built around the central image. I never know at the beginning what the finished project will look like.

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? Mirror-image stamping. There was a tutorial recently that featured the using the Misti and Paper Smoochies mirror stamps. I need to give it a try.

When I look at my gallery I see lots of pink and purples but I enjoy trying different colors with different seasons, different papers, and different layouts. Surprise me!

Unread 07-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #8
Quacker Stamper

I'll join up again. I'll fill out the survey and answer questions later. Gotta go!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Unread 07-11-2016, 04:32 AM   #9
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'd like to participate again, please!

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) Something easy! I'm a lazy cook... since I'd rather be stamping. I do love to make soup................ and usually do it in the crockpot.

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? hmmmm... tough question. I actually had the opportunity on the JLO DT to have JLO create a custom stamp for me. It took me forever to decide what I wanted. LOL! So, to answer this question quickly is difficult. I'm going to say something with a travel theme, since I love to travel.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? None! (I tend to only make cards)

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? The colorful world as the trees are changing.

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? I am not sure this counts as a technique, but I love to color. I'm not good at shading/etc but I find it to relaxing to color even if my finished item is kind of child-like, due to my lack of ability.

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? I have long thought I'd like to learn to make one of the cards that has 3 layers of the same image, only each layer is smaller and shows only a portion of the image. I'm not sure what the technique is called, but I've seen some beautiful cards with it.

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting?? ALL! I really don't have a favorite... sheesh! I don't even have a personal favorite color. I just love them all.
PDE Linky Party - Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Christmas CraZy Swap Group
Unread 07-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Polyshrink Goddess

Sign me up for this round please!
Unread 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #11
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to tampatha Send a message via Yahoo to tampatha

I want to play along again, but I am worried about Canada Post....they aren't striking and they are going to be doing mandatory arbitration in the next 30 days.......if we get our partners before the end of the month, I may have to send a big package with 13 weeks of envelopes to be opened up...one each week...
Unread 07-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #12
Stampin' Fool

I would like to sign up for 2 slots please...if that's allowed!

I'll be thinking about the survey questions! Thanks!

Layout Swap
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

I make chicken tacos in the crock pot: boneless skinless chix thighs, 1 jar of salsa and 1 small can of diced green chilies. Serve with taco shells and all the fixings.
2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? Flowers

I sometimes scrapbook
I love when the leaves change color and I also love all the fun things like pumpkin picking you can do outside
anything that is quick and easy lol
I am not detailed oriented so I would love to be able to do those fancy fold cards
I like blues and greens
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #14

Danielle... I make chicken tacos often, too... in the crockpot. And then I take the juices/broth and some of the chicken and add other goodies and make Chicken Tortilla Soup........... so multiple meals out of one crockpot of chicken/salsa.

mschoener and dawnmercedes like this post.
Unread 07-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #15
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I'm in. But have to say I prefer not doing stuff weekly in the cards because my mailman won't take them if they are chunky and I can't always get to the post office.

But I am in and will do my best.
Unread 07-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Survey

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) anything my husband cooks! I'll think abut this.

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? I'm a floral person, so several different flowers with outlines so they could be colored or layered.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? None

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? Halloween

7. What are your current favorite color green
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #17
Stampin' Fool

Default Survey

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? I go to dinner at a friend's house most evenings so I don't cook very often. But when I get home around 7:30 pm each night, I almost always fix myself a vanilla steamer. If you haven't tried one, they are scrumptious! All it takes is a cup of skim milk and 3 capfuls of Torani's sugar free vanilla syrup. Heat this - I use Mr. Coffee's Cocomotion machine because it whips it as it heats it but you can zap it in the microwave for about 90 seconds or heat it on the stove. It's sweet enough to keep me from munching in the evenings and I swear it helps me sleep better!

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? I love lighthouses. I moved from Maine 40 years ago but I still go back every few years to visit Nubble Lighthouse in York, Maine. I have a lot of lighthouse stamps but I don' t have one of Nubble Lighthouse....that's the stamp I would design!

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? I do lots of different papercrafting...jewelry making, boxes and books, quilling, homemade paper, etc.

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? The cool, crisp weather - being able to wear sweaters again!

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? I'm always looking for new folds, techniques and products to make my projects unique. Lately I've really enjoyed some of the acetate projects I've made.

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? I would really like to get better at mixed media...it takes practice and I haven't figured out what to do with the not-so-great looking projects along the way! I hate to just throw them out but even my mom doesn't want them!

My favorite is bold, contrasting colors. My favorite color is red. I also enjoy monochromatic, white-on-white, or cream-on-cream combos. My least favorite colors are pastels.

Layout Swap
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #18
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Fairskinnedgoddess

This sounds like so much fun!! Please sign me up for the Bakers Dozen Monday group!
I can't wait to make a new crafty friend!

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?)It's called Chicken Stuff for lack of a better name.
You chunk 3 boneless chicken breasts, and place those in a bowl with about a cup of milk to sit in the fridge overnight.
The next day drain the chicken pieces, and dredge them in 3 beaten eggs, and then plain breadcrumbs. Shallow fry you nuggets until the bread coating is browned, and try to place in one layer on the bottom of your baking pan.
Preheat your over to 350.
In the pan add 1-2 cans of chicken broth, and top with Muenster cheese. Optionally you can add mushrooms. You will know how many cans of chicken broth you need by how much it takes to just cover your chicken nuggets.
Bake for 35-40 mins.
I add salt and pepper to my bread crumbs, but you can season at whatever part of the recipe you want. Super easy, and super yum!! I make them with homemade egg noodles, or just a veggie of choice. They are almost better the next day as leftovers, but I like when the broth is all absorbed into everything...lol

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set?
Unicorns and Rainbows....with sayings about how you are perfect, anything encouraging.

Pocket letters, flip books, altered journals..anything I can glue paper to that won't run away.

I like fall colors, it to me feels like a time to be aware of what you are thankful for, more so than you are at any other time of the year. I also love that it's not so hot you can't walk outside without melting, that's a plus!

I am really getting into watercoloring.

All of them!

I like to play with color, but I think right now my favs are coral and light aqua blue or teal blue.
Unread 07-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #19
Proud Fan Club Member

Sign me up.

Survey BAKER’S DOZEN # 10 --July 2016

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) Asked my boyfriend what recipe should I share and without hesitation he said tamale pie…

EASY TAMALE PIE

2 lb. ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 can Mex-i-corn
1 large can tomato sauce
1 cup grated cheese
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sugar
salt & pepper
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix

Brown ground beef and onion, drain grease: add tomato sauce, drained corn, chili powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Pour mixture into a casserole dish or 9'X13" pan, sprinkle with cheese. Mix corn bread mix; spread mix over top of beef mixture. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve.

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? Butterflies and flowers with hello, hi or thinking of you sayings.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? Boxes, fold cards, popcorn, candy, gift card holders, candles, pens, paperclips & notepads

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? Autumn/ Fall colors

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? Coloring with Watercolor pencils & pastels (caulk)

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? Shading

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting? Use a lot of greens with other colors purples, blues, and red. Like pink, yellow and orange together. Just like colors.

cj's gallery

Last edited by cj nalley; 07-22-2016 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: add survey
Unread 07-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #20
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to tampatha Send a message via Yahoo to tampatha

LAZY CABBAGE ROLLS

[B]1lb of bacon - chopped do not drain
1 small onion - chopped
- cook bacon and add onion when bacon is almost brown, put to the side.
4 cups of white (pearl of short grain - no instant)
8 cups of water
- bring water and rice to a boil and simmer for approx 30 mins covered until rice is done.
- add bacon, onion mixture to rice and then add 1 jar of sauerkraut (not drained)
- add pepper, poultry seasoning, seasoned salt to mixture and incorporate into a large casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 50 - 60 minutes.

I love vintage and travel, so I'd love to do a vintage travelling set, similar to an old See D's set that I have been hoarding forever!

I do scrapbooking, ATC's and smash books!

I love the colors! It's one of my favorite color pallettes to work with!

I don't really have a favorite stamping technique...I always like to learn new ones and try them out!

I would like to learn more scene masking as well as stamping with watercoloring.

I love the fall color pallettes the most. I also like to use black, white and a pop of color like teal or orange! Lately I have been using a lot of kits that I have and going with the color pallettes they've created!
Unread 07-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatha View Post
I want to play along again, but I am worried about Canada Post....they aren't striking and they are going to be doing mandatory arbitration in the next 30 days.......if we get our partners before the end of the month, I may have to send a big package with 13 weeks of envelopes to be opened up...one each week...
Let me see our numbers...If we have an odd number, you can have two slots!
Unread 07-20-2016, 04:49 AM   #22

Hey....I have heard from a handful of you. Since so many would like to keep this a card swap (without the extra goodies and mailing costs), let's go back to the original Baker's Dozen plan. So...13 cards in 13 weeks. Extra goodies are up to you!

Thanks everyone for your input!
mschoener, Forest Ranger and ashjoy like this post.
Unread 07-20-2016, 04:51 AM   #23

also, I will update the bakers list today!
Unread 07-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #24
Mad Swapper

Sign me up.
Unread 07-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #25

Okay ladies...the list has been updated. It's always great to see returning players...and we love new friends too! Feel free to encourage other stampers to join us. We have a few more days left until I swap names!
Unread 07-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #26
Mad Swapper

Survey

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) This would have been easy years ago when I used to cook

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? I think there would have to be flowers (and maybe comfy chairs) and the sentiments would be about gratitude and blessings.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? I do scrapbooking, although mostly with the Project Life app.

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? My favorite season...the colors, cooler temps, Halloween.

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? Two, or three, step stamping.

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? I've never been very good with vintage and am impressed by those who can put that together

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting?? I really like them all. I find i often go toward the subtles.
Unread 07-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #27
Proud Fan Club Member

Dawn,
I have been MIA for awhile but would love to do another round of baking with these great card chefs!

1. What is your favorite dinner recipe? (And will you share it with us?) I have so many favorite recipes- I will gladly share. Go to's for me: Chicken Divan, Taco Soup, Burrito Casserole.

2. If you were to design a stamp set, what images or sayings would be in that set? It would probably have big words and small accents or be something cute like animals.

3. What papercraft items do you make... other than greeting cards? Note card holders, boxes, bags, scrapbook pages etc.

4. What do you like about Autumn/Fall? I love wearing sweaters and no coats! The smell of a fire burning outside or the smoke from a chimney. The smell of leaves and the decorations of pumpkins and all the fall foods.

5. What is your favorite stamping technique? I like clean and simple stamping. I love making my own background papers and doing one sheet wonders as well as sponging and brayering which I have been practicing.

6. What stamping technique would you like to learn? Anything and everything!

7. What are your current favorite color combos for paper crafting?? I am loving pinks and peaches and contrast colors.

Laura

Laura Anderson :o)
mschoener and dawnmercedes like this post.
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #28
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Danielle... I make chicken tacos often, too... in the crockpot. And then I take the juices/broth and some of the chicken and add other goodies and make Chicken Tortilla Soup........... so multiple meals out of one crockpot of chicken/salsa.
What a great idea, I will have to try that!
Unread 07-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #29
Glitter Guru

Dawn-Could you sign me up again, please and thank you? I will fill out the survey early tomorrow if that is okay.
Unread 07-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #30

dani! Cocomotion machines are the greatest!!!
Unread 07-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #31
Proud Fan Club Member

What is a cocomotion machine?

Unread 07-22-2016, 03:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogloverkd View Post
What a great idea, I will have to try that!
You should. We love the soup!

To the chicken & crockpot juices I add chili beans, corn, chopped tomatoes (or frozen ones from DH's garden), onions, a can of tomato sauce. Cook it in the crockpot all day. YUMMY!

Unread 07-22-2016, 03:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sonja View Post
What is a cocomotion machine?
Oh dear me... I googled it because I didn't know either. Now I want one!

Unread 07-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #34
Glitter Guru

I'm guessing the swap is full now? Didn't hear confirmation either way. I can always join the next one!
Unread 07-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #35
Glitter Guru

Okay. I am going to assume this swap is closed. Thanks.
Unread 07-23-2016, 03:04 PM   #36

Angie, post #1 says we can sign up until July 25th, then the pairing will be done. I think this swap is still open for participants to join.

Unread 07-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #37
Glitter Guru

Oh dear. I should learn to read better! Thanks!

Guess I better work on a survey.
Unread 07-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #38
Glitter Guru

Survey:

1. Favorite recipe would be anything that can go in the microwave, LOL. I SO don't cook.

2. I would design a dragonfly stamp set. Absolutely love those creatures.

3. I only make cards at the present time, along with the occasional ATC or Pocket Letter.

4. I love the colorful leaves and cooler temperatures in the fall. My birthday is also in the fall.

5. I would like to learn more stamping techniques. I basically just color in images at the moment.

6. I am open to learning/seeing all types of stamping techniques.

7. I really don't care a great deal for baby pink, yellow, or blue, but am otherwise open. Love pink and red and blue and green.

Last edited by Angie1974; 07-23-2016 at 04:02 PM..
dawnmercedes and Forest Ranger like this post.
Unread 07-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Dawn-Could you sign me up again, please and thank you? I will fill out the survey early tomorrow if that is okay.
I added your name to the participant list on 7/21, Angie!
Unread 07-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #40

I believe the participant list is up to date now. There is one more player interested in joining us...but she needs to sign up and be approved for the swap forum. One more day for sign ups!! Get those surveys filled out please.

I still need to find a recipe to share!