Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/)
-   -   SEPTEMBER 2012 MISSION ~ CARDS FOR A CAUSE (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/september-2012-mission-%7E-cards-cause-t560490.html)

Mothermark 09-05-2012 02:05 AM

SEPTEMBER 2012 MISSION ~ CARDS FOR A CAUSE
 


ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED:

Cole's Foundation

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! In honor of that, this September we are featuring Cole's Foundation. Cole’s Foundation was created as a tribute to Cole, a sweet little boy who fought so hard and touched so many. Recognizing the incredible needs of families struggling through the nightmare of caring for a child with a terminal illness, the organization was created to utilize the 21st century’s technology to provide support and assistance to families facing the most devastating challenge that a parent could face, the illness and death of a beloved child.

Our cards will be used for COLE'S Foundation's Send-A-Smile program. The foundation sends goodie packages to individuals at home as well in the hospital. The goodie packages include toys, games, cute hats for those bald heads, stuffed animals, books, etc. and a card is enclosed as well.


CONTACT PERSON:
Cindy ~ Mothermark


REFERRED BY:

Fellow SCSer Caterina (caterinafmig)

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED:

Cards of encouragement such as Thinking of you, Because I Care, uplifting, supportive, cheerful and happy. Blank inside, no get well, please. The cards will be for girls/boys of all ages - Coles Foundation has infants, children, teens as well as adults with all kind of life-threatening diseases.


SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:
Please be sure to leave the inside of cards blank as for wording because the foundation uses some standard phrases when they send out happy mail. The front of the card can read, Thinking of You, Because I Care, happy and uplifting words but not get well. The reason the foundation does not use get well is because many of the members are either terminal or die from toxic treatments so we try to be as sensitive as possible. Envelopes are appreciated by not required.

ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Website Cole's Foundation


MAILING ADDRESS:

The cards should be mailed to:


Julie Barnes
464 Bren Drive
Lancaster, Ohio 43130


Fellow SCSer's, thank you for spreading your SCS love! Please feel free to mail your cards all throughout the month of September!

Once you have mailed them come back to us here and let us know they have gone postal! Caterina, Julie and Cole's Foundation are so very grateful!!

Thank YOU!



Scrappin Nona 09-05-2012 03:56 AM

I'm in. Great cause!!!!

shendrian 09-05-2012 04:23 AM

I'll be making cards for this great cause.

caterinafmig 09-05-2012 02:39 PM

Cannot thank you all enough for doing this for Cole's Foundation and please know that you will put smiles on so many sweet wonderful brave kids. <3

deansgal 09-05-2012 04:30 PM

I'm in....will be working on some cards! So excited to help someone in need!

Twinshappy 09-06-2012 12:08 PM

12 cards going postal tomorrow.
Stacy

caterinafmig 09-06-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinshappy (Post 19668485)
12 cards going postal tomorrow.
Stacy

Stacy, thank you so much!

caterinafmig 09-06-2012 12:35 PM

Here is Julie's response when I sent her an email telling her what you wonderful gals are doing for Cole's!

Thank you Caterina, I cannot wait to see what they look like.

And this is from Sandy who also is a Coles volunteer and does a great deal for the foundation.

Caterina,
That is AWESOME!!!! Tell her thank you SOO much!!!

Mothermark 09-07-2012 02:17 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks for jumping on board here...sending your amazing card to people who so greatly appreciate them.....and having them end up brightening the lives of others....

beehappy 09-08-2012 06:42 PM

sept mission
 
i watched the stand up to cancer special last night and could not stop myself from crying. my DH finallay said we aren't watching any more of this and turned the station. i will be making cards and sending them out ASAP.

caterinafmig 09-08-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beehappy (Post 19673862)
i watched the stand up to cancer special last night and could not stop myself from crying. my DH finallay said we aren't watching any more of this and turned the station. i will be making cards and sending them out ASAP.


I watched the program last night and was so proud to see Justin Miller, one of our Cole kids, prominently featured. Justin is truly an amazing little guy and a real fighter.

Thank you so much for your willingness to make some cards for Coles!

Kathleen Lammie 09-08-2012 07:25 PM

I just finished packing up my cards and they will be mailed out Monday! Thank you for letting me feel like I am helping in this small way. It sounds like such a fantastic organization! : )

caterinafmig 09-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen Lammie (Post 19673942)
I just finished packing up my cards and they will be mailed out Monday! Thank you for letting me feel like I am helping in this small way. It sounds like such a fantastic organization! : )


Thank you so much Kathleen, you are helping in a BIG way and means so much. Coles is a fantastic organization and it is all volunteer - no one gets paid so all the funds go to the kids and their families. Anyone can go on the site, adopt a child and all that is asked is that you pray and post encouraging messages on their sites. I have been so blessed with my involvement. <3

Again thanks bunches!

DLS881 09-13-2012 07:42 AM

Willl work on cards today!

Buncobuddy 09-16-2012 11:03 AM

Thirty-three cards are going to the post office tomorrow. So grateful to be able to contribute to this cause. (Don' ask me why 33 -- I have no answer!)

deansgal 09-16-2012 02:38 PM

OH my! the post above me is sending 33....Way to go! :D I have 6 cards going in the mail on Monday! Glad I can help bring a smile to someone's face in need!

Deb

caterinafmig 09-16-2012 04:38 PM

Thank you all so much for participating in making these cards for Coles' kids !

lncoats 09-21-2012 09:38 AM

Cole's foundation cards
 
I mailed a dozen cards today.

I recently met a family with a 12 year old son who has cancer and I'm glad I could do a little something for other kids & families like his. Thanks for organizing this opportunity for stampers to support a great cause!

-Ellen

caterinafmig 09-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lncoats (Post 19701291)
I mailed a dozen cards today.

I recently met a family with a 12 year old son who has cancer and I'm glad I could do a little something for other kids & families like his. Thanks for organizing this opportunity for stampers to support a great cause!

-Ellen

Ellen, thank you so much, my heart goes out this 12 year old boy and his family. <3

shendrian 09-22-2012 09:52 AM

I mailed out 12 cards today. Hope they make someone's day a little brighter. I'm so happy I could help such a great cause.

Sharon Hendrian

caterinafmig 09-22-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shendrian (Post 19703417)
I mailed out 12 cards today. Hope they make someone's day a little brighter. I'm so happy I could help such a great cause.

Sharon Hendrian



Sharon, your beautiful cards will definitely brighten Coles kids! They love, love, love getting mail and it is such an encouragement to them as well as their families. Thank you so much!

Scrappin Nona 09-25-2012 12:48 PM

Can you use some Halloween cards?
Nanci

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 19710227)
Can you use some Halloween cards?
Nanci


Nanci, Halloween cards are fine as long as they are cheerful, kids will enjoy them. :D

Thanks!

Scrappin Nona 09-25-2012 03:15 PM

Oh of course. they are cute not scary

caterinafmig 09-25-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 19710436)
Oh of course. they are cute not scary


Thanks sweetie so much!!

Scrappin Nona 09-26-2012 12:02 PM

Mailing 20 cards to you tomorrow.Can I do this on a regular basis if so sending to the same person? Do you ever need Happy Birthday or other events?
Thanks
Nanci

caterinafmig 09-26-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 19711978)
Mailing 20 cards to you tomorrow.Can I do this on a regular basis if so sending to the same person? Do you ever need Happy Birthday or other events?
Thanks
Nanci

Oh Nanci absolutely!!!! That would be more than a blessing to Coles Foundation!! Thank you.

Btw, are you Italian?

Scrappin Nona 09-26-2012 05:39 PM

Yes I am!!!!!!!

caterinafmig 09-26-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 19712577)
Yes I am!!!!!!!


So am I! My grandchildren called my mother Nonna. Were you born over there or here?

debsee 09-27-2012 03:45 PM

Mailed 25 cards today for this wonderful cause!
Deb Pollock, Verona Wisconsin

caterinafmig 09-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debsee (Post 19714272)
Mailed 25 cards today for this wonderful cause!
Deb Pollock, Verona Wisconsin


THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

Scrappin Nona 09-27-2012 03:57 PM

I emailed you

caterinafmig 09-27-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 19714309)
I emailed you


Going to check my email now.

deansgal 10-01-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deansgal (Post 19691046)
OH my! the post above me is sending 33....Way to go! :D I have 6 cards going in the mail on Monday! Glad I can help bring a smile to someone's face in need!

Deb

Just checking to see if you received my 6 cards....not looking for a thank you, but just want to know if they were received...seems our postal service is crazy these days! Thanks! sent them on Sept. 17

Deb

caterinafmig 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deansgal (Post 19721694)
Just checking to see if you received my 6 cards....not looking for a thank you, but just want to know if they were received...seems our postal service is crazy these days! Thanks! sent them on Sept. 17

Deb


Deb, Julie Barnes of Coles Foundation does not have access to the thread however, I did talk with her and she said she has received many, many cards. I asked her to be sure to make a list of the names of everyone so a thank you/acknowledgement can be made. It may take a bit of time because Julie's mom is very ill right now. If you would like, you could contact her at Julie@colesfoundation.org.

Please know how much the cards are appreciated - more than words can say

deansgal 10-01-2012 10:53 AM

not a problem....just like to make sure things get where they are supposed to! I've had trouble with a couple of other things! Thanks for checking!

Mothermark 10-02-2012 01:26 AM

Every single month, I am blown away by the kindness and generousity of Splitcoast Stampers in sending their amazing cards to organizations that provide support to those in need! Once again, this month, you all came through with flying colors! Thank you all so much for doing your part for Cole's Foundation this month!

You all rock!

Mothermark 10-02-2012 01:27 AM

Can't believe October is here! How time flies!

Here is a link to the October 2012 Cards for a Cause Monthly Challenge!

Hugs to you all!

caterinafmig 10-02-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 19723332)
Every single month, I am blown away by the kindness and generousity of Splitcoast Stampers in sending their amazing cards to organizations that provide support to those in need! Once again, this month, you all came through with flying colors! Thank you all so much for doing your part for Cole's Foundation this month!

You all rock!


YES THEY ALL DO AND SO DO YOU!!!

Thanks bunches and bunches!!! <3

Melba S 10-02-2012 07:33 AM

I put eight cards in the mail yesterday. So glad to donate for this cause.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:10 AM.