Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/)
-   -   MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! CARDS FOR A CAUSE! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/mission-accomplished-cards-cause-t522055.html)

Mothermark 03-05-2011 06:43 AM

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! CARDS FOR A CAUSE!

This is my story!

I will use this thread as a way to post messages I receive from the stampers who have recommended a Cards for the Cause recipient throughout the year. This will be a good place to share their feedback and appreciation for the cards that are sent to the recommended destination each month!

Anyone is welcome to post to this thread with comments pertaining to our accomplished mission! This is where you come to get warm fuzzies and a sense of accomplishment! Whoo hoo! Thanks everyone!

Mothermark 03-05-2011 06:50 AM

JANUARY CARDS FOR A CAUSE ~ MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I received these pictures from Charlene! They are evidence that we do good things here! Charlene said that Kelly, the contact at Places of Hope was thrilled to deliver ALL these cards to Places of Hope! You guys aced this challenge! Why am I not surprised by that! Ha!

And a great big ole Thank You from Charlene (cookiebaker)

See attached pictures!

Mothermark 03-05-2011 07:09 AM

FEBRUARY CARDS FOR A CAUSE ~ MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I received a wonderful message from Jennifer regarding all of the cards that have been received for the February destination, the Humane Society. Jennifer reports that 237 cards were received!

Because the cards were sent directly to Jennifer and not the recipient, she was able to keep a very nice running total and list of what has been received. She also tried to personally thank/acknowledge receipt of them but in some cases she did not have user names or email addresses. She may even have received more since I think I saw more going out at the end of February/beginning of March!

2-9-11
6 – Maggie minnick/stampingcatmom

2-10-11

14 – triasimite/Beverly bishop
8 – ruby haugen/rjinkedup

2-11-11
1 – anonymous, Rocklin, ca

2-12-11

12 – Emily niehause/stampingout

2-14-11
4 - Pamela Wu in Santa Clara, CA – no email or user name evident on package

2-17-11
6 – diane Schneider/dls881

2-19-11
1 - shelly parker, providence, ky – no user name on package
12 (in a box) – ann koenders, Portland – no user name evident on package

2-22-11
5 – sheri decker/ksnurse
33 – rita janz/scootsv
11 – donna peercy/ladystampaway

2-24-11
9 – mothermark
8 - teresa kline/vasunshine

2-26-11

24 – debfromwi/deb Pollock
30 – cherie/camerabuff, jd from pausa/2 teenage grandchildren Jaclyn & Chris

2-28-11
7 – rosalia henry, no user name evident on package.
9 & 20 stamps! – kelli fletcher & rescues (5 critters) no user name
14 (7 dogs, 7 cats) – becky bohlken/BecBcards
clear envies and reg. envies, clean and classy
11 – pixxiewacorgi

3-2-11
8 – sara ranes, no scs name evident on package

3-3-11
6 – jan seagraves old hickory, tn, no scs user name evident

3-10-11
10 – Sender unknown - Burnt Hills, NY, no scs user name evident

GRAND TOTAL OF 247! Whoot!

A great big ole thank you from Jennifer and........

In her own words:

Thanks so much for making the Humane Society the beneficiary of such largesse. I’m attaching the running list I kept in Feb. to make sure I acknowledged everyone appropriately. You won’t believe the final count – it’s amazing!

Feel free to post a comment here if you sent cards and don't see them mentioned here! I know Jennifer would be concerned as she was diligent to thank everyone. Also, they may have come in since her email to me which was quite a few days ago....I was late to post this!

Mothermark 04-03-2011 12:17 AM

MARCH CARDS FOR A CAUSE ~ MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for making the March Mission a wonderful success! I received the following e-mail from Bev on March 31st. In Bev's own words:

Cindy:

I received a letter today from Holly Garmon, Riley Children's Hospital. They were so appreciative of all that the SCS Stampers have done for the children.

I'd like them to know that each card sent was an individual blessing. I personally feel this was a huge success!

Thanks, Stampers!

Bev

I agree with Bev ~ Thanks, Stampers! Whoo hoo!

Mothermark 04-04-2011 04:09 AM

JANUARY CARDS FOR A CAUSE ~ MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I just wanted to share a thank you from Places of Hope, our January recipient of cards. Here is a letter that Charlene (Cookiebaker) received and forwarded to me.

Such a nice little card and letter! Thanks for sharing Charlene!

You all made this happen! You all did good! Thank YOU!

Mothermark 12-28-2011 03:41 AM

NOVEMBER MISSION ~ A NICE THANK YOU!

Hello all!

Mission Accomplished! I just wanted to share this nice message I received. Its a thank you from our November recipient....Thanks for all you do!

Hi Cindy,

Today in the mail I received one of the best gifts I could have asked for and I would like to share it with you and ask that you share it with the teapotters. I received a card from the staff at the cancer resource room at Mass General Hospital (our November mission). The front of the card said “With Gratitude”, inside “It’s good to know there ARE people out there who really do make a difference”

In the staffs own words: Dear Robin,The cards the crafters sent us from all over the country are beautiful works of art and our patients thoroughly enjoyed choosing an appropriate card for an occasion they may have missed due to their overburdened schedule of appointments, tests and treatments. You and the rest of the Splitcoaststampers are a very generous and kind group of artists, and we cannot thank you enough for all the smiles you put on our patients faces!

Warmly,
The Staff;
Cancer Resource Room MGH.

Mothermark 04-10-2012 02:55 AM

FEBRUARY 2012 ~ A NICE THANK YOU!

1 Attachment(s)
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
FEBRUARY 2012 CARDS FOR A CAUSE!

Hello everyone! I got a very nice email and thank you from Sue and Chris. We made birthday cards for the kids being treated at the hospital where Chris was treated at the end of 2011. Chris recently returned to the hospital for a follow up check up and was able to deliver our cards in person! Also attached is a picture of Chris with Amy after he presented her with the cards! Whoot!

In Sue's own words:

Here is Chris with Amy after making the box of birthday cards delivery.

Amy was so happy to receive all of those cards. I told her we would be back in 3 more months with more cards. We felt so good delivering those cards.

She asked if she had to make thank you for all the people that donated and I told her I would send this picture and let them all know how much you appreciated getting all those cards.

Thank you Cindy for helping us out with the mission for the hospital.
The best news was Christopher's doctor said the MRI that he had done looked great and we feel our prayers are being answered.

God Bless, Hugs and Happy Easter~

Sue and Christopher

Thank you all for making this happen for Sue and Chris!

Mothermark 10-06-2012 03:58 AM

Thank You From Card Cupids!

1 Attachment(s)
Mission Accomplished!
July ~ Card Cupids

Hello Fellow SCSer's....

Back in July, our recipient for the monthly Cards for a Cause challenge was Card Cupids.......you can find the July challenge here.

Karen (karentom) send me this picture of Ava, one of the children who was recently the recipient of several cards coming to her via Card Cupids.
Karen was appreciative of all of her fellow SCSer's who paricipated in the July challenge.

Here was Karen's message....

Hi,
I wanted to share a pic from one of our card recipients, Ava.
Here is a link to Ava's blog

Thanks for getting the word out about Card Cupids and for sending cards! We appreciate you!
Karen