Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Card Sketches (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/)
-   -   Sketch Challenge 417 {1/2/13} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/sketch-challenge-417-%7B1-2-13%7D-t566602.html)

SweetnSassyStamps 12-18-2012 10:07 AM

Sketch Challenge 417 {1/2/13}

2 Attachment(s)
Keywords: SC417 No spaces between letters and numbers, put a comma followed by a space between keywords. The keywords are all you need to have your card show up in the challenge gallery, having it in the keyword line covers more searches. Posting to this thread is not mandatory to play!

No due date for posting your card to any weekly challenge.

Master Thread Find uploading and linking directions, links for past challenges, and playing guidelines
Downloadable Sketch Files (not maintained by sketch hostesses)
Email Notification thread link
SCSketches Gallery (Layouts starting at SC01 to the present week.)

Happy New Year!!! Thank you for another great year!!

Before I share this week's sketch, I have some news...

First, I regret to tell you that Taylor has decided to step down as a sketch hostess due to some exciting endeavors she has taken on that will not leave her with much extra time. Taylor has been a HUGE asset to the sketch challenge and she will be missed!!

Thank you, Taylor, for all of the time and talent you shared with us!

Since I'm going to need some help to keep this wonderful challenge going I've asked my friend and fellow sketch lover, Janette Olen aka blessingsX3, to join me as a full-time sketch hostess. I am so thrilled she has accepted this position and I know you will be, too!

We also want to let you know that we will no longer be posting the sketch challenge on Tuesday evenings. Janette and I both have school-age children so there may be times when the sketch is posted a bit later than others, but the plan is to have it up by 8am EST each Wednesday morning. We've all grown accustomed to the early Tuesday night postings but since this is, after all, a Wednesday challenge, we really want to get back into the habit of posting on Wednesdays.

Again, we thank you for participating in the sketch challenge. It has become one of the most-participated-in challenges on SCS and we are honored you choose to join us week after week!

Now for that sketch you've been waiting for :)...

Here is my sample: Cocoa's Valentine by sweetnsassystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's Monika's sample: Happy Birthday... by buzsy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here are all of the Gallery Submissions

The attachment will print out to actual size of an A2 sized card for most computers.
Printing directions are in the Master Thread linked above

ohmypaper! 01-02-2013 04:35 AM

Looks like a really fun sketch. I can't wait to use it!!!!

gabalot 01-02-2013 04:43 AM

TAYLOR - Happy New Year and Best of Luck with your future crafty endeavors! Thanks for all the great sketches and samples. All your time and hard work was appreciated. :D

Happy New Year to you, Korin! This IS a very cool sketch. Looking forward to participating when I can. :)

marshallgal 01-02-2013 04:55 AM

Happy New Year, Korin! No worries on posting sketches on Wednesdays - it IS a Wednesday challenge after all. Good luck to Taylor in her new endeavors, and welcome Janette!

This is my kind of sketch - lots of layers and embellies. Now that things are settling back down after the holidays (at last!), I hope to be able to play in more SCS challenges. Thanks for a fun one, Korin!

hobbydujour 01-02-2013 04:55 AM

Happy New Year, Korin. I liked your Tues night uploads, but I TRULY understand....I'll watch for them on Wednesday mornings. Thanks to Taylor for all the work she has done on this thread. It is appreciated by all. Taylor, Good Luck in your new endeavors.

WARM METALLIC WISHES

Markey 01-02-2013 05:05 AM

Thanks so much for the challenge!
Here is mine
Happy New Year!
~M

summerthyme64 01-02-2013 05:05 AM

Welcome Janette! Hope all is well with you and I'm looking forward to your sketches!
Here's my quick and easy card:

Bloom Where you are planted

BarbieP 01-02-2013 05:08 AM

Happy New Year, Korin and welcome Janette. Thank you for all the great sketches in the past, and we look forward to another wonderful year of crafting with you and Janette.

Taylor, I wish you much success in your new endeavors. Our thoughts will be with you :)

Will be back to play later :)

peeps321 01-02-2013 06:01 AM

A BIG thanks to Taylor for all her efforts and work hosting this challenge..good luck!! Here's my card for today:

I Give You My Heart

Robin Lee 01-02-2013 06:05 AM

Nice Sketch! Here's Mine.

Celebrate Today with Bright Blossoms by Robin Lee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan 01-02-2013 06:13 AM

Thanks for e great sketch! Here´s mine;

Evergreen

TFL!
Birgit

niki1 01-02-2013 06:26 AM

Here is my card :
SC417 Celebrating New Year by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
niki
sorry wrong week...

Clownmom 01-02-2013 06:41 AM

Here's my card -- Cling to Love .

~Fee~ 01-02-2013 07:07 AM

Happy New Year everyone :)

I loved the sketch! Thanks!
Here is my card: Happy
(but have to redo the picture tomorrow.. don't have anymore daylight...)

iluvstamping13 01-02-2013 07:20 AM

Here is mine...loved the sketch!

SC417 Oh Whale! by iluvstamping13 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

justwritedesigns 01-02-2013 07:46 AM

Thanks so much, Taylor! You will be missed! Welcome, Janette! Here's my Sweet Little Girl . Thanks so much for looking!

cullenwr 01-02-2013 08:09 AM

Best wishes and thanks to Taylor as you move on! Welcome Janette! Here's MY CARD.

Crafty Julia 01-02-2013 09:08 AM

SC417 Happy Pig

Korin- great sketch! I used SU's Fontastic for by frame background (letters, top horizontal edge) and Button Buddies for my pig. Added some cool solid core wood-like dp for my background. Moved the bow/button element to the upper right. My pig is on a stencilled leaf, embossed with Cuttlebug's Mesh EF and painted with light green watercolors. Here's Happy Pig

octoberbabe 01-02-2013 09:40 AM

What a wonderful sketch today Korin!!! Love it!! Congrats to Taylor on her new adventure in life and welcome to Janette. I so admire you ladies that can draw a sketch. Alas, I am very very sketch challenged and it is so marvelous that you save the day for all the rest of us sketch challenged people. I'm sure I speak for all of us that are of the later, that you have saved many a day for us. So on that note, here is my card for today's challenge. TFL!

SC417 Floral District Petals by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Happy New Year everyone!!

Tenia Sanders-Nelson 01-02-2013 09:43 AM

Fun sketch!!! Here is my card:
Chevron Heart by Tenia Sanders-Nelson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for the fun!!

-t

MaryR917 01-02-2013 12:04 PM

Fun layout today Korin-thanks for your work to keep this challenge going-

happy valentine's day

berlycece 01-02-2013 01:23 PM

Here is my submission...thanks for challenging sketch!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2306623?&cat=16101

PeaceLoveJoy 01-02-2013 03:25 PM

Great Sketch!

My Coolest Friend

va.sunshine 01-02-2013 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
fun sketch...thanks!

SC417 Special by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TreasureOiler 01-02-2013 05:28 PM

So happy I had time after work to play along!

Here is mine:
Love

Thanks for looking!

Crafty Julia 01-02-2013 05:52 PM

SC417 Reaching for the Sky

I had fun using this sketch- thanks! Changed the circle element to a scalloped square tag. Used my CB Spots and Dots EF for the entire card, with some circles colored with a blue pencil. My snowman is a Sizzix Snowman #2 die. Here's Reaching for the Sky

2kidsonly2arms 01-02-2013 06:03 PM

Busy Day

Just got mine done. I love this sketch! I'm gonna do another one with this sketch tomorrow. Here is the one for today.

SC417 Besties 4EVER by 2kidsonly2arms - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

HamiltonGal 01-02-2013 08:14 PM

Fun sketch - here's my card - TFL!

BittyBadger 01-03-2013 06:57 AM

Thanks for the sketch....fun.
Manly by BittyBadger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sarahebo 01-03-2013 05:12 PM

I finally got my card finished and uploaded. Thanks for a great sketch.

My Card

Hallupino 01-03-2013 07:01 PM

SC417 WT408 Seashore by Hallupino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
This is a great go-to sketch I'll definitely be using again!

Angie.Lindeen 01-03-2013 08:26 PM

Here is my first submission to this challenge! It was a great inspiration for a blocked mind! I mixed it with the color challenge as well. Have a great day!

saffivort 01-04-2013 08:41 AM

Here's my Birthday Tulled Flower card for this challenge.

TFL, Vannessa

Missro 01-04-2013 11:50 AM

Great sketch Korin! I used it to create this card for the Teapot Challenge!!

Greg T 01-04-2013 12:50 PM

Here is my card for this week's sketch. It was also for this week's challenge at hambo challenges. TFL
hambohoedown96 by Greg T - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stamps&cars 01-04-2013 04:31 PM

Well.......this year one of my resolutions is to participate in more challenges and get those creative juices flowing. This card is for SC417 as well as the Hambo Hoedown challenge. It is for my niece-in-law's baby shower this Sat.

I hope you can take the time to see and comment. It's been ages since I've posted and would love to see a little love from you all!

It might take it a minute to be approved.

Christina's Little Girl

tackertwosome 01-05-2013 09:38 AM

What a fun sketch I loved it!

Here is my card for this sketch!

Sarah38 01-05-2013 10:58 AM

My card

Here is my card for the challenge...sorry I'm late with it! Hope you like it.

Circle Birthday by Sarah38 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampinAK 01-05-2013 05:39 PM

Really fun sketch, Korin! Here's mine:
Something to Crow About! by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

candylou 01-06-2013 04:25 PM

I LOVE this sketch!! Will definitely use it again!!

SC417 - Courage by candylou - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers