Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Card Sketches (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/)
-   -   Sketch Challenge 351 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/sketch-challenge-351-a-t538343.html)

bambi64 09-20-2011 08:14 PM

Sketch Challenge 351

3 Attachment(s)
Rox had a family emergency and asked me to post the sketch for her. ~ Amber

Keywords: SC351 No spaces between letters and numbers, put a comma followed by a space between keywords. The keywords are all you need to have your card show up in the challenge gallery, having it in the keyword line covers more searches. Posting to this thread is not mandatory to play!

No due date for posting your card to any weekly challenge.
What is the Sketch Challenge: in Andreaís words from SC08 (Andrea is the founder of the challenge): "You take the sketch I provided and use any stamp set, any accessory, and any kind of paper to make a card. So all of the cards have the same basic layout, but they all look very different."
-It is fine to flip the sketch, change panel sizes, shapes, card size and border as you wish (unless stated in the write up for the week), a little tweaking is fine but letís see those main elements of the posted layout please.
(The numbers and colors are requested from players so it's easier to read the layout, it means nothing towards colors used or number of borders when creating your project.)

Master Thread Find uploading and linking directions, files and links of past challenges.
Email Notification thread link
SCSketches Gallery (Layouts starting at SC01 to the present week.)

This Week

Where you see the wording across the bottom of the layout is where youíll come up with your own idea to decorate. Karen (sample shown below) used embossing for her card but I want to open up the ideas and see what others will come up with.

K Dunbrook

Here are three more samples to get you started:

stampercamper

pawallen142

Rox71 measuremets are in this card description

Gallery Submissions

berlycece 09-20-2011 08:24 PM

Thanks, Amber...looks fun and quite do-able in this busy week I am having!

Hope everything is ok for Roxie... {{{HUGS}}}

Rox71 09-20-2011 08:40 PM

I am here and so thankful Amber got my email. Yes, we had a real emergency with my husband's heart and they are keeping him in the hospital for tonight anyway.
And right now I can't think straight but I did get my card with the measurements up - those were done before all the excitement began.

Edit:

Now that I can breathe again I will explain a little further: his pulse has been high for a number of years and he does take meds for it but they didnít work today and by evening it was scary high. He is resting comfortably now but it's still too high for him to come home and he had no problem saying I will stay right here in this hospital tonight.
This has happened before so I even though it's scary I don't panic...not to bad anyway!

Big
thank you Amber for backing me up this week, I was having a very difficult time trying to post so I was glad to see your email.

dawnmercedes 09-20-2011 08:47 PM

oh roxie!! I sure hope the doctors can help him quickly...I'll be thinking of you!

gabalot 09-20-2011 08:49 PM

Thanks, Amber for subbing for Roxie. Hope all will end well in her family emergency. I'm looking forward to creating a card for this neat sketch. :)

Just saw your post, Roxie ... oh, how I can relate to your experience! My husband had a heart issue and it was sometimes a bumpy, scary ride. I'm glad your husband got attention and that he safe and sound at the hospital tonight. I hope all will be well. Gabby :)

Isaiah40:31 09-20-2011 08:54 PM

Hugs and prayers Roxie! Hope hubby is doing well. Can't get over the depth of your dedication to this place that you even gave a thought to the sketch when you were dealing with an emergency! Take care!

Miss Boo 09-20-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71 (Post 18746011)
I am here and so thankful Amber got my email. Yes, we had a real emergency with my husband's heart and they are keeping him in the hospital for tonight anyway.
And right now I can't think straight but I did get my card with the measurements up - those were done before all the excitement began.

Edit:

Now that I can breathe again I will explain a little further: his pulse has been high for a number of years and he does take meds for it but they didnít work today and by evening it was scary high. He is resting comfortably now but it's still too high for him to come home and he had no problem saying I will stay right here in this hospital tonight.
This has happened before so I even though it's scary I don't panic...not to bad anyway!

Sending cyber {{HUGS}} and prayers.

hobbydujour 09-20-2011 09:15 PM

Roxie, my caring thoughts and loving prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully all will be under control soon. Take care. Hugs, Sallie

Amber, thank you so much for stepping in at the last minute and helping Roxie with this week's challenge. We all appreciate your efforts.

AUTUMN WHEAT

simplybeautiful 09-20-2011 09:24 PM

Will be praying for you and your hubs Rox. }}}}}Big Hugs!{{{{{

Great sketch for a quick and easy CAS card, here is my entry

Thinking Of Doilies

vdutchr 09-20-2011 09:39 PM

Gorgeous samples ladies!! I just might have to CASE your's Karen -- I have some leaves I have NEVER used!! C U tomorrow -- or later today I guess :)

hskelly 09-20-2011 09:49 PM

Here's my card - Butterflies

stamping_KML 09-20-2011 09:49 PM

Thanks for the challenge!

Roxie - I hope your husband gets better quickly!

Here's my card:

Safari Baby Shower

hskelly 09-20-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Edit:

Big
thank you Amber for backing me up this week, I was having a very difficult time trying to post so I was glad to see your email.

Roxie, sending you cyber hugs and keeping you and DH in my prayers. My DH had to have an angioplasty and a stint put in immediately after an angiogram as they saw that the vessel between the heart and lung was almost completely blocked. What a scary time that was - so I can just imagine...take care.

jojot 09-20-2011 10:05 PM

here are my....

AUTUMN LEAVES

thanks for looking

Zbear1 09-20-2011 10:11 PM

Hugs and prayers to you and your family, Roxie!! Hope they fix hubby up quickly!!

debzi333 09-20-2011 10:11 PM

Roxie, my prayer and thoughts are with you and your family. I pray all goes well.

CAKath 09-20-2011 10:30 PM

Roxie, thank you for taking the time to tell us a little bit about what's going on as you knew we would all be so worried. Sorry about the scare with your DH but he will be safely watched through the night at the hospital. Hugs and prayers to both of you. Love the sketch. Amber, so glad you were available to back up Roxie. Hope to be back with a card.

raduse 09-21-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Edit:

Big thank you Amber for backing me up this week, I was having a very difficult time trying to post so I was glad to see your email.

YIKES!!!!! Roxie, that is really scarey. HUGE hugs my friend. http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/grouphug.jpg

bfinlay 09-21-2011 02:15 AM

Thank you, Amber, for filling in, and Roxie, I hope your husband is well very soon!
Here's my card: Not Alone

gabalot 09-21-2011 02:22 AM

SC351 Brewhaha

Here is my challenge card for today. THANKS so much for lookin! :)

SC351 Brewhaha by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Gabby :)

ohmypaper! 09-21-2011 03:16 AM

So sorry to hear about your emergency! I hope your husband makes a quick recovery. Thanks so much for the sketch during such a scary and chaotic time! It looks like a fun one. Can't wait to try it.

Madushi 09-21-2011 03:41 AM

An angle

Here is min with embroidery angle....

angle by Madushi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampercamper 09-21-2011 03:45 AM

Roxie -- even when you have been through it before, it is still frightening. That is good that he was willing to stay in the hospital! That does relieve some of the pressure from an event like this! Hope this morning finds him on the mend.

Thanks Amber for filling in!

Vicky Gould 09-21-2011 04:51 AM

Thanks, Rox and Amber. Fun sketch!

Here's my

Long Night

hollerinastamps 09-21-2011 05:08 AM

Roxie, praying that your husband is doing better this morning. My husband has had 2 emergency hospitalizations in the last year so I know how scary that is!

Thank you, Amber, for filling in at the last minute.

Here's my card for today Peaceful Branches

Holstein 09-21-2011 05:34 AM

Thanks Roxi and Amber for the great sketch. Hope this morning found your husband much better Roxi. Here is my card....
SC351 Wedding fancy tags by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DawnL 09-21-2011 05:50 AM

Hugs Rox... praying all goes well... great sketch!

Thanks Amber for being back up!!

BobbiesGirl 09-21-2011 05:57 AM

What a great simple sketch. Thanks Amber for getting it on and Rox I am happy things are settling down. You both do a great job and are so faithful. Makes life nice for the rest of us. :)

summerthyme64 09-21-2011 05:59 AM

Neat Sketch! Hope your hubby feels better soon Roxie!

SC351 There's no place like home by summerthyme64 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

newchinamom 09-21-2011 06:59 AM

Here is mine...

SC351 sketch challenge Christmas Card by newchinamom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Roxie - My prayers are with your hubby and your today! Hope he is better soon.

snowmanqueen 09-21-2011 07:16 AM

Here's mine:
SC351 by snowmanqueen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampingout 09-21-2011 07:23 AM

Fab sketch! Here is my card!

Thinking of You-SC351 by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SweetnSassyStamps 09-21-2011 07:31 AM

Big hugs to you, Roxie, and prayers being said on your hubby's behalf.

peeps321 09-21-2011 07:33 AM

Here's mine: Wall of Witches
Thanks for looking!
Polly

mzdjoy 09-21-2011 07:44 AM

Here's my card. So glad I could play along with everyone today.

Hugs
Dana

bambi64 09-21-2011 07:46 AM

Here is mine: SC351 Thankful Heart_ajh by bambi64 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hugs, Rox. Glad I could help you out when you needed it most.

dancerriley 09-21-2011 07:53 AM

Rox - prayers to you and your family!

Here's my card:
Retro Christmas by dancerriley - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shadow's Mom 09-21-2011 08:03 AM

Thanks Amber!

Here's my Joy.

bfinlay 09-21-2011 08:08 AM

Here's another one with today's great sketch: Lacey Butterfly

chanteuse 09-21-2011 08:09 AM

It's been such a long time since I played a challenge here - it was a fun one! Here's my card:

Together Forever