Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Heart Send Patsy some love!!

Lets rally behind this cause!

87-year old Patsy Roberts had a plan: when she approached her final moments, when she knew it was over, she would read every Christmas card she had collected over the years. But then Hurricane Sandy swept it all away.
Roberts is very beloved in her Belle Harbor neighborhood. When asked about the Christmas cards and what she planned to do with them, she said this heart-squeezing thing:
I was saving them to read when my time came. I was saving them so I could read the cards and remember the people I love.
When the storm surge of Hurricane Sandy came, her son-in-law broke the news to her that the cards had been swept away or otherwise ruined. Out of love for his mother-in-law — which, right there should give you an indication of how good this woman is — he posted a request on Facebook. A request for Christmas cards.
It doesn’t matter whether you know her or not. Just say something beautiful to her. My goal is to get 1,000 cards to her for Christmas. Please help me with this. You can send them to Patsy Roberts, 130-04 Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Belle Harbor, New York 11694
The son-in-law noted that Patsy wrote a number of Christmas cards herself. And even just wrote and sent cards regardless of whether it was Christmas: “My three children receive cards from Patsy on a monthly basis just to say she loves them. … Patsy Roberts, my mother in law, is the sweetest, most caring human being I know. A true angel on earth.”
And you may have noticed that we posted an address. That’s because you can send Patsy a Christmas card. It doesn’t have to be long. It doesn’t have to be great. But this is a woman that is clearly beloved by her family and community to a great degree. So send off a Christmas card. See what happens.

Christmas Cards For Sandy Victim - SourceFed

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Insane Embellisher

Oh boy! I'm in!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!