Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Rita, it is all just so devastating. We'll see what today brings. I am so fearful they will have to amputate her leg now. Praying for a better day today!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

I do check this sub forum once in a while but I have totally missed this. How sad for Regina. (That was my aunt's name - we always called her Ricky.)
Thank you for the regular updates. I have a card ready to put in the mail today.
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #83
Polyshrink Goddess

Update 8-21
They sent Regina home from the hospital. I think it's safer there because she has less chance of picking up any more dangerous infections. I think their insurance is a big factor in the decision to send her home too but at this point they are ok with it since the infections are never ending. They have her on a very heavy dose of antibiotics and will watch her. They are hoping to be able to keep the appliances in but that all depends on the infection. It is a bad staph infection but not MRSA. Please continue to keep the card coming...she is very very depressed and the cards are pretty much all she has to lift her spirits. I can't thank you ladies enough!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #84
Die Cut Diva

John's card should reach him Monday or Tuesday and I'll have another card out to Regina in the near future .... they are on my heart and in my prayers.

~ Rita
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #85
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks so much Rita. I know he was tickled when he got cards earlier! He was so surprised and excited too!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #86
Die Cut Diva

Sherry .... How are Regina and John doing?

~ Rita
Old 09-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #87
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Rita...Regina went to the doctor on Thurs and they removed the IV for antibiotics. They have put her on oral antibiotics now. She will be on them for a very long time as this is not an easy infection to get rid of. She goes to the surgeon doctor next week so she might know more then. She has therapy everyday and different people come to the house to tend to her so that is good. She still can't put weight on the leg yet. Her spirits are a little better. Thanks so much for sending the cards!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #88
Die Cut Diva

Glad to hear that Regina's spirits have lifted a bit and that she's able to continue her therapy. Thank you for keeping us updated, Sherry!

~ Rita
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #89
Kookie Creator

Sherry: So happy to hear good news on Regina's journey through this illness - I think about her and John often. Thanks for letting us know her progress. Kay
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #90
Polyshrink Goddess

Nothing much new to report. She did see the surgeon this week and he removed all the staples. Looks really bad but her leg has been through 10 surgeries now so it is expected. My brother is planning to come see us the end of the month for a few days. He needs to get away and he will stop in on the way home from a business trip. This trip was supposed to happen last year and she ended up in the hospital so he never went. hope things go better this time. He is so burned out.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #91
Die Cut Diva

Sherry, I'm SO glad that John is able to plan the business trip and the visit with you! What a tough time he and Regina have had!

~ Rita