Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #201
Polyshrink Goddess

Default .

I need to know how many treat bags you want me to make. That will determine how much is in each bag. I will stamp lunch bags, punch the tops, and close them with raffia bows. That should be cute and cheap. As far as sales go, I look for them but I don't recall seeing many sales at the dollar store. I will do my best and send you pix when they are finished.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 AM   #202
Die Cut Diva

Talking I LOVE YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthasmom View Post
I need to know how many treat bags you want me to make. That will determine how much is in each bag. I will stamp lunch bags, punch the tops, and close them with raffia bows. That should be cute and cheap. As far as sales go, I look for them but I don't recall seeing many sales at the dollar store. I will do my best and send you pix when they are finished.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

They have 38 rooms, so I usually make 38 goodie packs. We have never done lunch bags for RMD, but I have done them before, and they look very cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm sure they will be beautiful!!!

They don't have sales at the dollar store often, but the closer it gets to a holiday and the more stuff they have left, the lower they drop the price!!!

As you know, I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal, and work from one crisis to another!!! But the advantage of doing things at the last minute is that things usually are marked down. A lot of times, they will put things 2 for 1. They don't really post a sign under the item as "on sale", they just do it, so you have to kind of look through everything. In the store by my house, they will put things on shelves by the front doors that are on sale.

Thanks again!!! I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Hugs,

Jane
Old 10-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #203
Polyshrink Goddess

Default .

I shopped at the dollar store and Walgreen's yesterday. I bought stuffed animals (bears and dogs) at the dollar store and candy (M&Ms, Twix, pumpkin suckers, Starburst, candy corn) at Walgreen's. I also bought lunch bags. I stamped the lunch bags for the candy with red, yellow, green, and brown leaves. Each is tied with a raffia bow and gift tag. I will work on the bags for the bears today or tomorrow. I have orange raffia for these, and I will use different stamps. There are 39 (one extra, just in case one breaks) candy bags.

I'm bumping for the Ronald McDonald House!
Attached Thumbnails
janes_bag_far.jpg   janes_bag_close.jpg  

Last edited by samanthasmom; 10-17-2009 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: + pix and bump
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 AM   #204
Die Cut Diva

Talking SOOOOOO cute!!!

WOW Cindy! The bags are soooo cute, and you made them soooo fast!!!! Thanks so much for making them! I know the kids at the Milwaukee RMD house will be thrilled!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #205
Die Cut Diva

Default Sorry, I've been MIA!!!

It seems my life has been chaiotic lately, but it seems that is the norm these days!

Kay,

Thanks for sending more cards! I got them last week, but was so busy, I haven't even been on the computer! Can you believe it???? LOL!

I've been doing double duty with a local card swap that I belong to. Instead of making just one set of cards, I've been making 2, so I have the extra set for the RMD Houses. You wouldn't think an extra set of cards would be that hard, but when you have tons of regular life stuff going on, it is hard to put on your stamping cap and get some good ideas! BUT, I'm also trying to get ahead of things, especially with the upcoming holiday season fast approaching! I'm done with November swap cards, and want to start December cards soon. It is a Punch card swap, so it should be FUN! I would really like to get the January ones done as well, but that may just be wishful thinking!!! The good news is that one of the swaps was for Christmas cards, and I have a great card that I designed for my family and friends! Should be quick and easy, for the most part, but very elegant looking! Snowflakes are the theme this year!

Hope all of you following this thread are doing well! The mail has been very quiet, but it seems that everyone is doing their own part! Kay sending cards, Cindy making gift sacks for the kids! Everyone working together makes it happen, so thanks for the help!!!

Talk soon, hopefully sooner than the last post!!!!

Jane
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #206
Polyshrink Goddess

Default .

I found some wild lunch bags (hot pink zebra print with little blue bubbles)at the dollar store. I made large tags to match the bags, stamped with the SU 'You're Fabulous' stamp. I used stickles on the bubbles, of course, and cut coordinating ribbons. You are welcome to use these items for the RMD House. I forgot how many I made; I'll let you know. BTW, this is my official excuse for not making Christmas cards this year
Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #207
Die Cut Diva

Default You are too funny!!!

I know we can use those gift bags for the RMD House!! Do you think we can get by using them for Christmas??? I have 2 punch card swaps to complete before I leave for Florida in 7 days!!! Plus, I'm working on a NEW, very exciting project that I will unveil in January!!! I will be in Florida until Jan. 4th, but depending on what my daughter is doing, I may stay down there longer. Or, I may come home and just stay longer when I go back in March. My son and his school band are performing at Walt Disney World. We plan to go down to watch them march and play for the Electric Light Parade down Main St. in Disney and several other locations around the park!!!!

I also have Kay's cards to be dropped off at the house. Maybe I can leave them with you, Cindy, when I go down to fly out of Milwaukee???

I'll have to see how things go. Sorry I haven't been on line in a while, but I've been super swamped with this new project and several old projects as well!!! If anyone would like to send more cards or scrap paper for using in scrapbook pages, I'm still accepting things!!!

I hope everyone has a very happy and blessed holiday season!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to post this information to anyone who might find it helpful. Please pass it on.

There is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while in treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in the individual's zip code area arrange for the service.
http://www.cleaningforareason.org
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #209
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting that info, Caterina!!!

Bumping for Ronald's house!!!

Here is a very inspiring story about a young man who has been dealing with cancer almost his entire life. Be sure to grab a tissue before you read it. It looks like he is loosing his battle, and he is currently at a Ronald McDonald house with his family. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers!!! He is a friend of Cindy and Samantha( http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...8#post15791198 ) if you are following that thread.

http://wyatt.tcob.com/ccrf/annual_report_2009_erik.pdf
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #210
Die Cut Diva

Talking Hi all!!!

Sorry I have been so lax in posting to the thread! The mail has been quiet lately!

Although, I just received a BIG box of stamps and stickers from a girl in TN, who saw the thread!!! She didn't give me her SCS name, so I'm not sure if she has one or is just a visitor on the site.

SO, a BIG thank you goes out to Stephanie in TN for all the beautiful and fun sets she sent!!!.

ALSO, a BIG thank you to Cindy(samanthasmom) for taking care of the RMD kids in MKE for the last few months!

One of the things I've been thinking about is starting a new thread asking people to "adopt" a RMD house in their area. Maybe have a cardmaking day once a quarter or every other month with some of their stamping friends to donate to the house closest to them.

Would any of you be willing to "adopt" the house that is closest to you??? I would be thrilled if we could start sending things to more houses, but I have come to realize that I don't have the time or supplies to keep all the RMD houses in WI supplied with cards, never mind all the RMD houses in the country!!!

It would just thrill me to see this project get going nationwide!!! For all you Stampin' Up fans out there, Ronald McDonald House is one of the pet projects the company has taken under it's wing of support. Every year, they create a special stamp, and the proceeds go to RMD houses in the form of grants! I know that the house in Marshfield, WI applied for and received a grant from Stampin' Up Headquarters!

This project has been close to my heart, as most of you know that I lost a nephew to brain cancer at age 8, and the Ronald McDonald House in Gainesville Florida was a lifesaver for the family.

God Bless you all, and thanks for all you do and have done in the past!!!

Jane

Last edited by janiekay; 02-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: posted by accident
Old 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #211
Die Cut Diva

Default I updated the first post on the thread with this info!

UPDATE-- We are starting to work on supplies and cards for a NEW house!!! The RMD house in Milwaukee and Marshfield are set with scrapbooking supplies.

We are contantly in need of cards for these houses!!!! Between both houses we have supplied, about 70 families per month have access to the cards we provide! WE REALLY NEED MORE CARDS coming in to keep supplying both houses with cards!!!!!!!

NEWEST PROJECT: I would like to start supplying the Ronald McDonald House in Minneapolis with cards and scrapbooking/stamping supplies! There is a young man who recently passed away, who has stayed at this house quite a bit. I would like to send all of the cards and supplies we get in to the Minneapolis house in his memory. His name is Erik, and you can read all about his battle with cancer on his carepage: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/erikludwinski

I would also like to get some people to HELP me with this project, by volunteering to adopt a Ronald McDonald House near you!!! I have had several VERY dedicated people helping me with this thread, and I am VERY VERY appreciative of their help! I'm going to take a step further, and ask for even more help!!!! Please HELP me to help the young people who have life threatening problems, and utilize the Ronald McDonald Homes around country and maybe even the WORLD!!!!!! If you are interested in adopting a Ronald McDonald House near you, you will be making a LOT of people happy!

Just read this e-mail I received from Marilyn, the house director of the Milwaukee Ronald McDonald House:

Hi Jane,
Sue hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation!

Thank you so much for the 2 boxes of cards! They are beautiful and so greatly appreciated by all of our guests.

Tried to pick my favorite and have way too many for that…they are all the best and all are wonderful.

Thank you again Jane. We are grateful for your support and generous supply of greeting cards.

Marilyn

Marilyn Brender
Director of House Operations
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin
8948 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa , WI 53226
Phone: 414.475.5333 ext. 101
Fax: 414.475.6342

and this one:

Hi Jane,
Thank you for your wonderful note and hope you are getting everyone settled!
We were just talking about the cards today and yes, we are running low of cards. You don’t have to have any before you go to Fl, but maybe in the near future would be fantastic.
Our guests love them and are used and enjoyed by everyone.
Let me know your thoughts.
Happy Labor Day!
Marilyn

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:46 AM
To: Marilyn Brender
Subject: Handmade card supply

Hi Marilyn,

Hope all is going well with you! I was just checking to see how your supply of cards was. With 38 families only using 2 cards each month, that is close to 80-100 cards per month. I know I gave you quite a few cards, but the last time we came I think we only brought the 4th of July treat boxes. My friend, Cindy (or her husband) dropped them off, and she might have had a bag of cards for you-- I'm not sure.

Speaking of which, I don't think I am going to get there with anything for Labor Day. I'm leaving today to get my daughter up to school in MN, and I have also been working on scrapbooking supplies for the Marshfield house. I'm dropping that off on my way home, and have not had as many cards come in the mail, so I've been working non-stop trying to get them at least a nice shoebox full of cards.

I'm flying down to FL in a couple of weeks, though, and I might be able to whip something up really quick by then and drop it off on my way to the airport! If you need cards, I can bring them by then, because I am expecting a bunch of cards in the mail from some of my stamping buddies.

Well, let me know how it is going!

Jane

IN ADDITION, I just had a friend of mine help out today, by dropping off some Valentine's day treat bags to the kids at the Milwaukee house. She just called me to say that she was excited to help with this project, and was amazed at the number of people who were sitting around the living room stamping!!!! They were making cards and scrapbooks!!!! NOW, I think that is EXACTLY what we all wanted to see happen with this project!!!!

**WHAT IT TAKES TO ADOPT A RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE NEAR YOU**

1) Make a committment to the house near you.

2) Let me know which house you plan to adopt, so we can steer people in your direction.

3) Start collecting materials for "your house".

4) Ask all you stamping friends and buddies to also help you with your house!!!! Maybe they can just send you some cards or supplies, or you can host a stamping for Ronald's kids party!!!

5) Organize the stamping/scrapbooking items you collect for the house. I try to put all the ribbon together, all the paper together, all the stamps into flat boxes for easy access. Candy boxes or flats(box bottoms for canned veggies) work great for these items.

6) I try to match envelopes to all the cards, so each card has and envelope and put all the cards/envelopes I collect into those little plastic sleeve protectors. This keeps the cards clean, and the germs off of cards, especially if they are going to be handled by a child undergoing chemotherapy or other treatments/diseases in which the immune system is weak!!! Maybe I should also ask for donations of these as well, but I can get people started, as I purchase a bunch on e-bay. I also put whatever the card says inside on a peice of notepaper and insert it in the back of the card.

7) Deliver items you collect to your house!!!

Contact me if you have questions!!!

OK!!! Let's get this party started!!!!

Wisconsin
1) Milwaukee-
2) Marshfield-
3) Madison-

Minnesota
1) Minneapolis-
2) Rochester-

**Please help me spread the word about this project by adding a link to this thread in your signature!!!!!**

Last edited by janiekay; 02-13-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #212
Mad Swapper

Hey Jane,
How are ya? I would love to help but it would have to wait until summer! I'm too overwhelmed with teaching kindergartners and with last semester of grad school! Call me next time you are in town!!!!

Smiles,
Yuli
Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #213
Die Cut Diva

Default Sounds good, YULI!!!

Yuli is up in Minneapolis!!!! YEAH!!!!

I'll start collecting things here, and my daughter can bring them up to you this summer! It takes a few months to get enough stamping supplies together for a program!!!

Right now, I've received 2 boxes of stamps, some stickers, some ink pads and some punches! I need some paper both neutral and colored cardstock, PLUS any organized scraps you have! Embellishments are also welcome!!! BOTTOM LINE, if you're no longer using it, we have someone who can!!!!

Thanks for helping us honor Erik with your donations to the RMD house in Minneapolis!!!!

God Bless!

Jane
Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #214
Die Cut Diva

Default treat bags that went to Milwaukee RMD House!!!

I made up some treat bags for the 38 kids at the Milwaukee Ronald McDonald house. A friend of mine volunteered to drop them off for me today!!! She called a little while ago, and said they were delivered safe and sound! She also wanted to let me know that there were several families in the living room at the tables stamping!!! They were making cards and scrapbooks!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0695.jpg   img_0694.jpg   img_0693.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #215
Die Cut Diva

Default Need cards and supplies for Minneapolis!!!

Bumping for RMD House!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #216
Glitter Guru

I live in Bismarck, ND and we have a Ronald McDonald House here. Have you ever considered North Dakota? And if you tell me how to add a link to my signature I would be happy to do that.

Last edited by gramak8e; 02-18-2010 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #217
Die Cut Diva

Talking I'd love to do this nationwide!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramak8e View Post
I live in Bismarck, ND and we have a Ronald McDonald House here. Have you ever considered North Dakota? And if you tell me how to add a link to my signature I would be happy to do that.
Hey Gramma Katie!!!

I would love to get this going nationwide!!! Since you are the first person on this thread from ND, can I talk you into being the state rep from ND???

All you have to do is gather things from your stamping stash that's gathering dust, ask your stamping buddies to help you out, and look through their stash and weed out the stuff that's gathering dust from their stash. Paste this thread's addy to your signature, so you spread the word about what we are doing and get more people involved!!! Organize the stuff you get in. I usually find that it makes it easier if the items are put into paper banker/file boxes. It's easy to store, easy to deliver, and easy for the art director or residents to get out and go through. I put all the stamps into the lids and all the paper into the file box according to size and color. Probably just like you have your stuff organized at home.

I put all the cards into shoe boxes each in plastic sleeves with envelopes to keep them clean. I also write whatever is on the inside of the card on a little piece of paper and insert it into the back of the card, so that the plastic doesn't need to be opened unless they decide to take that card. I ask that the families return the plastic sleeves, and we reuse them if possible.

I have purchased the envies and plastic sleeves myself, up to this point, but maybe people can start donating them as well. I get the envies at staples, because they are inexpensive, and the plastic sleeves on e-bay.

The last thing that you need to do is take pictures of everything and post it on this thread and then deliver it to the Ronald McDonald House in Bismark!!! Give the house director a list of names and addresses of everyone who has helped donate items, because they usually like to send out thank you cards!

I have also started doing a stamping for Ronald get together for my friends. We get together and make cards, like at a workshop, but instead of taking cards home, all the cards go to your RMD house!!! I also routinely ask my stamping buddies to weed out their cards for the Ronald McDonald House residents. The only card that I haven't been sending is Sympathy cards. I send Thank You's, Birthday, Thinking of You, Congratulations, Anniversary, Holiday cards, whatever!!!

The other thing that you can do is to make up holiday bags for the resident of your home. So far, the Milwaukee RMD House is the only one that has been getting things. I have a hard enough time getting Milwaukee house things for each holiday! You can look back through the old posts and look at some of the things we have done for that home.

It's a wonderful way to spend time with your friends!!! Stamping for Ronald's kids!!!

I know that this sounds like a lot, but you do what you can, and ask others for help when you can't!!! This is a GREAT way to have a positive impact on a family, who are in the worst place of their lives! Living at the hospital with a critically ill child!!!!

PLEASE... PLEASE tell me that you will be the ND RMD House Stampin' Buddy Organizer!!!!! You won't regret it!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #218
Glitter Guru

I would be happy to , however, I do have a few concerns. Mainly the fact that I really do not have a lot of friends that stamp, so I am a little limited in what I can do.

I did ask my stampin up demonstrator if she would be willing to have her stamp club donate cards every other month and she was very excited to do that! I have also organized (on another site) a group called RAK Cards of Hope recently. So far, we only have 5 members, but I am sure in time that number will grow. What we do is make cards to be donated to a Hospice, a children's Hospital in New York where one of the members daughter is a patient. So we definitely could have the Ronald McDonald House in Bismarck be our April project and maybe just designate every third month Ronald Mcdonald month.

I guess I would feel more comfortable just asking for a donation of cards for now, and maybe in time as more people get involved to then ask for supplies.

I thought maybe I would email other Stampin up demonstrators in ND and ask them if this is something there clubs would be interested in doing also.
I guess what I am saying is I would have to start out slow and see how it evolves.

How does that sound to you? I look forward to your reply.
Kate
Old 02-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #219
Die Cut Diva

Cool It sounds fantastic!!!

Kate,

I think you are going to be a GREAT RMD House Stampin Buddy!!!!

That is how I got started with the Milwaukee house! The items for the house you adopt seem to just start flowing! It kind of develops, and you just go with it!

I bought 5000 plastic sleeves on e-bay, so I will get you started with those with a couple hundred.

The first thing you should do is call up the house director in Bismark and tell her what we are doing. I posted my address on the thread for people to send things to, but others feel more comfortable sending their address to people via private message when someone posts that they have things to donate. It's your call as far as what you want to do!

WELCOME to our club! It is great to have you as part of the team!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #220
Glitter Guru

Thanks! I will do my best.
Kate
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #221
Die Cut Diva

Default Here is the house info for Bismark!

The house info for the Bismark RMD house is:

Ronald McDonald House Charities of Bismarck
609 North 7th St
PO BOX 7323
Bismarck, ND 58501

Phone: 701-258-8551
Fax: 701-258-5076
Email: rmh@btinet.net

House Director: Kathryn Keiser

Here is some info about the house:

Ronald McDonald House Charities of Bismarck supports programs that improve the lives of children and their families. These include the Ronald McDonald House and the RMHC Grant and Scholarship Programs.

The Ronald McDonald House of Bismarck is a temporary "home away from home" that serves and supports the families of seriously ill chidren receiving medical treatment in Bismarck. We are proud to serve the patients of
Medcenter One and St. Alexius Medical Center as well as many other local medical and dental facilities.

Wish List

We're wishing for……

Food Pantry:
Baked goods
Bread
Breakfast Cereal
Butter/Margarine
Canned Chicken & Tuna
Cheese
Coffee
Coffee Creamer
Crackers/Cookies
Eggs
Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder & Soda
Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
Fresh/frozen Meat
Frozen Pizza
Juices: bottled, canned, frozen
Mayonnaise/Miracle Whip
Meals in a box (hamburger helper)
Meals in a can (spaghetti-o's)
Microwavable Food Items
Pastas & Pasta Sauces
Salt & Pepper
Shortening/Cooking Oil
(No Canned Vegetables, Please!)

In consideration of our guest families, we must be mindful of shelf life & expiration dates. Thank you for your cooperation.

Storage & Paper Items:
Trash Bags: tall, kitchen, lawn
Waxed Paper
Ziploc Bags: all sizes

No paper products , Please! (toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, etc.)

Family Items:
Family Video Games/Videos/DVDs

Gift Certificates: fast food, grocery stores, Target

Office Supplies:
Postage Stamps

Personal Care Items:
Baby Wipes/Wet Ones
Deodorant
Disposable Diapers
Disposable Razors/Shaving Cream
Feminine Hygiene Products
Lotion
Shampoo/Conditioner (not travel size)

Kitchen/Household Cleaning Items:
Air Freshener
Dish Cloths, Towels, Sponges
All Purpose Cleaners, i.e. "409"
Bleach/Ammonia
Disinfectant Cleaners
Laundry Detergent
Laundry Detergent-Powder HE
Laundry Stain Remover
Dryer Sheets
Toilet Cleaner

Miscellaneous:
Light Bulbs: 60 watt, flood lights
Air Mattresses & Pumps

For the protection and safety of our families, we request all donated items be new.
You can make a donation to RMHC of Bismarck on-line now by clicking on the "Donate with Impact" button. Then, click on "Search for Nonprofits" and select Ronald McDonald House Charities of Bismarck from the list and complete the requested information to process your donation.

http://www.impactgiveback.org/genera...4-ff3e46f0fb0b
Old 02-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #222
Glitter Guru

Good news from North Dakota!! I spoke with the RMD house here in Bismarck and they are thrilled to have us working with them. Very excited to have an activity for their families to participate in while at the house.

I have had three stampin' up demonstrators commit to sending us cards on an every other month basis. Still waiting to here from the others. Can't wait to see this grow!!

I will check in when I have more news.
Thanks!!
Kate
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #223
Die Cut Diva

Talking WOW, you are amazing!!!

OMG!!! That is so fantastic!!!

It sounds like you are well on your way to having the program in Bismark up and running!!!

I will get some plastic sleeves for the cards sent out to you right away. Do you know how many families the Bismark house helps each month??? Usually the house director can tell you their occupancy rate plus the average length of stay for a family.

I'm doing the happy dance!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #224
Glitter Guru

Me too! I have had a a total of four stampin up demonstrators respond positively!
Someone from another website has already put a box of cards in the mail. I keep finding things in my stash to donate as I would really like to have enough supplies together to be able to take some when I take cards for the first time. So that is my goal anyway. She said that they have eight rooms and are usually full. Mostly , so lots of young families stay there and stamping is such a great family activity...even the boys enjoy it

So anyway, thats my progress report. I am really excited to get this off the ground and up and running!!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #225
Die Cut Diva

Default YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

WOW!!! That is so fantastic!!!

I just scheduled a Stamp-a-Thon for RMD houses for March 6th!!! I have 2 friends driving an hour and a half from Milwaukee to my house!!!

If anyone is in the Fond du Lac, WI area, and would like to participate, here's the info about the event!!!

Stamp-A-Thon for Ronald McDonald Homes!!

When: Saturday, March 6th at 1pm

Where: Brandon, WI-- pm me for directions!

All supplies will be provided, but if you have any items gathering dust in your stamping stash and would like to donate to this wonderful cause, bring it along. I'm also accepting cards you are willing to part with!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #226
Die Cut Diva

Default Haven't made the PO yet!

I've been busy with some crafts for another cause I support! Animal rescue! I've been making dog beds to support several animal rescues! I was planning on putting everything in the mail together, but still working on my puppy pillows!

So, I hope to get the plastic sleeves out to you, Kate, by this weekend!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #227
Glitter Guru

Perfect. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #228
Die Cut Diva

Default You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramak8e View Post
Perfect. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I'm also bumping for RMD!!! Please help me keep this thread active so that more people might read it and adopt a RMD House near them!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #229
Die Cut Diva

Default Bumpity Bump Bump! For RMD Kids!!!

I'm in desparate need of cards for the RMD houses! Any body have some extra cards laying around???
Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #230
Pearl-ExPert

I do! I'll really try to get some together this afternoon! Any theme in particular? Birthday? Thinking of You? Thank you?
Click HERE for more information! :)

VSN is coming up!!! Mini on Feb. 6th and Main on March 6th and 7th!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #231
Die Cut Diva

Default Thank you!!!

Thanks again for your support K. !!!!!

We especially need Thank You cards, but also Birthday, thinking of you, any happy card or spring card would be great!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #232
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I looked through my stash, and i have a few birthday cards and some that could be thank-you's or thinking of you's. I'll see if I can send them out today!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #233
Pearl-ExPert

Oh - do you think they would mind a few wintery thank you cards? They may look a bit Christmas-y in color, but they are mostly snowflakes. I think one is a flower.

I have two of this style - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=216283

And one of this style -
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=216283

Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #234
Die Cut Diva

Default That is just fine!

K.

Thanks again for helping me with your beautiful cards!!!

I will take any card that you are willing to give! If they don't use them now, they will have them for later!

God Bless!

Jane
Old 03-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #235
Die Cut Diva

Talking What a great weekend!!!

I'm hosting a couple of swaps in the swap forums to get some cards for RMD, and I'm already getting great responces!!! A couple of girls already said that they are donating all the cards from the swap to the RMD project or sending some extra cards along with the swap cards!

YEAH!!!

In addition, one of the girls is inquiring with the St. Louis RMD House about whether they would like to participate in our program and get cards for that house! She said she would "adopt" that house if they want to receive cards!!!

WAHOO!!!

I had the Stamp-a-Thon at my house today, and unfortunately almost everyone was not able to make it for one reason or another. BUT, the good news is that one of my girlfriends (who isn't even a stamper) did come over to help for a couple of hours. We were able to make 30 or so cards for RMD!!! So, we did get some cards made! I'll post a picture of the cards as soon as I finish putting them in the plastic sleeves!!!

God Bless Everyone, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Jane
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #236
Kookie Creator

I joined your Thank You card swap tonight but I have some cards I can send this week. Are you still traveling on the week of 22 March? Kay
Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #237
Die Cut Diva

Default Sounds great!

Thanks Kay! Yes, I'm still planning on coming down! It's looking like the 23rd or 24th I'll be in Melborne! Can't wait to meet you after 2 years of working on this project together!!!

Jane
Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #238
Die Cut Diva

Default Just got more cards!!!

My girlfriend was not able to attend my stamp-a-thon yesterday, but she went through her cards, and picked out some beautiful ones for RMD!!! Here is a picture!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0727.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #239
Die Cut Diva

Default Maybe I'm CRAZY!!!

BUT, my goal is to personally get 200 cards in for each of the 3 houses in WI!!!

PLUS, get the same number donated to the house in Bismark, ND, that Kate just adopted!

PLUS, get 200 more donated for the house up in Minneapolis that Yuli is adopting starting in the summer!

PLUS, get more houses adopted across the country, and hopefully the world!!! Wouldn't that be spectacular???

Would you help my by adding a link to this thread to your siggy??? If you check out this link, it will give you a picture tutorial on how to do it!!! This turorial makes it so EASY!!!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/help/editsignature/
Old 03-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #240
Die Cut Diva

Default What I did today!

I packaged up all the cards that we made yesterday, so they are all ready to go to a house. I also made and/or packaged about 25 more cards. So, all in all, I have about 80 cards! Not bad for a weekend!