Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #161
Polyshrink Goddess

Default .

I know JanieKay is very busy entertaining visiting family, so I'll just answer your question. Yes, the RMD House is still in need of youthful birthday cards for boys and girls.

Color ideas:
Girls: pink/purple, pink/orange, green/blue, purple/yellow
Boys: blue/gold, red/yellow, purple/gold, green/yellow, blue/green, red/orange

Theme ideas:
Girls: princess, baby animals, dancers, ribbons & bows, flowers, girlfriends
Boys: fish, bugs, bikes, cars, animals, sports, science lab, cartoons

I am not the best at coming up w/ideas, but you can look in the gallery for great examples. There are many talented women on this site.

Thank you for helping JanieKay w/this project. She has a heart of gold but she can't do it alone. Thanks again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #162
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthasmom View Post
I know JanieKay is very busy entertaining visiting family, so I'll just answer your question. Yes, the RMD House is still in need of youthful birthday cards for boys and girls.

Color ideas:
Girls: pink/purple, pink/orange, green/blue, purple/yellow
Boys: blue/gold, red/yellow, purple/gold, green/yellow, blue/green, red/orange

Theme ideas:
Girls: princess, baby animals, dancers, ribbons & bows, flowers, girlfriends
Boys: fish, bugs, bikes, cars, animals, sports, science lab, cartoons

I am not the best at coming up w/ideas, but you can look in the gallery for great examples. There are many talented women on this site.

Thank you for helping JanieKay w/this project. She has a heart of gold but she can't do it alone. Thanks again!
Thanks for the ideas! The color combos are especially helpful! I'll see about making more birthday cards, then.
Please consider sending cards to the Ronald McDonald House!
Click HERE for more information! :)
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #163
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Smile Thanks for updating for me!!!

Yes, it's true, I have been busy with family and friends! If you are interested, you can read all about it on Cindy's Samantha UPDATE thread: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...4#post14884124

Cindy want's to do the MKE stamp-a-thon in October, but we haven't set a date yet.

I also plan to have one somewhere closer to my home in Brandon, WI, but I don't have a date set for that one either! I've also been busy freezing veggies and fruit. I have a LARGE garden, and LOTS of fruit trees. Cherries and Raspberries are almost done, and then it will be time for peaches(small harvest this year, my tree got leaf curl and a pleathora of plums. Zuchini and yellow squash are growing like crazy and tomatoes have been slow to ripen, but I am almost ready to start picking them. We should have an abundant harvest of tomatoes this year! I hope to be able to put up enough that I can share much of the year's harvest with the local food pantry.

I have an idea about the MKE stamp-a-thon, but don't want to jinx anything by talking about it before it is set. I'll let you know what I find out!!!

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 08-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #164
Mad Swapper

Will try to send some supplies later on this week.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #165
Die Cut Diva

Default Sounds Great!!!

I'll keep an eye out for it!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

My company is all gone, and I think I needed a day of rest today! BUT, I did some organizing of my spices, I think I have more than the Piggly Wiggly!!!

Sunday will be my rest day, it is supposed to rain, and I think we will lounge around after Church and watch movies!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #166
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I'll keep an eye out for it!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

My company is all gone, and I think I needed a day of rest today! BUT, I did some organizing of my spices, I think I have more than the Piggly Wiggly!!!

Sunday will be my rest day, it is supposed to rain, and I think we will lounge around after Church and watch movies!!!
Hope you had a nice day of rest on Sunday! It's nice to have you around again!
Please consider sending cards to the Ronald McDonald House!
Click HERE for more information! :)
Old 08-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #167
Die Cut Diva

Default You're so sweet!!!

Thanks! I'm finally starting to do some stamping again!!! Yeah!!! I am in a monthly card swap, local-- not on SCS, and each month I am making a dozen extra cards for RMD house!!! This month, I am also doing 2 sets of swaps! We'll see how it goes! For me, the hardest part of stamping is not only finding the best design, but also to use your scrap pieces as well as. Once I find the combos I like, then putting them together is a breeze!

I'm off to search the galleries, I'm having stampers block!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #168
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to willowby
Default RMH

Sending a few cards to you tomorrow for RMH! Will work on more and send as they are finished!

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY,LIVE FOR TODAY
HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 08-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #169
Die Cut Diva

Talking Thanks for sending some cards!!!

I am going up to the Marshfield house on Tuesday to deliver all of the wonderful things that I've collected from you wonderful people!!! I'm glad that we have another house to bring supplies to, and am in AWE of the wonderful things that everyone has sent!!! I am taking my daughter to college and will be able to stop on my way home. It is about a 3 hour trip from my house, so I'm happy that I am able to combine it with the trip for my daughter!!!

BUT.....

I haven't really received a lot of cards for the Marshfield house, maybe about 25 so far. I have been busy making lots of cards, and will probably be able to double or triple that amount. PLUS, I've again put out a call for help from some of my local stamping buddies. After I wrote the note, I thought I would share it with you, because it has some very interesting calculations in it!!!

HERE GOES>>>

Hi all my local stamping buddies!!!

I am again asking for your help with any extra cards, card fronts, or cards you would just like to share with a worthy cause.

I have been supplying the Milwaukee Ronald McDonald house with cards and scrapbooking supplies for the families that stay there. The scrapbooking supplies give them something to do to keep themselves busy while staying at the home, and the cards are for any occasions that they might need a card, but haven't had time (or money) to go shopping to buy one. With the help of some of you and some of the people I have met on-line at SCS, I have supplied the Milwaukee house with about 500 cards so far. Although that may sound like a lot of cards, they have 38 rooms, and are always full! If each room used just 2 cards per month, that would be 76 cards... in 10 months, they would need 760 cards!!! According to the house director, most of the people who stay there like to send thank you cards to all of their doctors, nurses, and any other special people who touched their hearts with kindness while they were in residence there. Although they have families that stay there upwards of 2 or more months, some families only stay a week or 2! If they only send a card to their favorite doctor, nurse and 1 or 2 other people, they could go through more than 150 cards per month!!! I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this, RIGHT!!!

I am also going to start supplying the Marshfield Ronald McDonald house with Scrapbooking supplies and cards for their families. Most of the people staying at this house stay about a week or 2, and they have 10 rooms that are full 95% of the time. They are especially in need of Thank You cards for their families, but I plan to bring them cards for all occasions as well.

If you have any cards available this weekend, I would be happy to come pick them up from you, or if you are going to be going by my house, you can drop them off to me. I am going to bring Marissa to college on Monday and I will drive up past Marshfield on my way home on Tuesday. In case you didn't know, she transferred to the U of M in the twin cities for this fall.

If you can't get your cards to me this weekend or don't have any to share this weekend, but would like to help out with this project, DON'T WORRY!!! I will be going up again at a later date, so you could let me know and I will come pick them up when you have finished them!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help with this project!

God Bless You!!!
Jane
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #170
Polyshrink Goddess

darn it; didnt get mine mailed yet; because of my surgery; I will shoot for monday; but they still wont get there in time; sorry about that..

HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #171
Die Cut Diva

Wink Not a problem!

I'll be going to the House in Milwaukee on Sept. 14th, so they will be here for that!!! Thanks for letting me know Sue!

I'm flying down to Florida for a couple of weeks to help my sister move into her new house. She is downsizing as she is getting closer to retirement. The house needs a lot of work because it was a forclosure. Hopefully, she will be able to get some other help as well! She is a teacher, and now that school has started again, we'll be lucky to see her! Unfortunately, she tried to get into a house over the summer, but every time she put a bid in on a house, about 5 other people came out of the woodwork to put an offer in as well, even though most of these homes had been on the market over a year!!!! It was not an easy purchase, although she got a great price. The sad part about it is thinking about the families that were displaced because of this economy.

What kind of surgery did you have??? When did you have it??? My thoughts and prayers are with you for a complete and speedy recovery! I know that I had what I thought was minor knee surgery to fix my menuscus, and it ended up being a lot longer of a recovery because the scope irritated my osteoarthritis, and what should have been 6 weeks of recovery took about 7 months!!!

I worked all day on putting the stuff together for the Marshfield house, and they should be very happy!!! I have also been making cards for a few days now as well! I will post some pictures tomorrow!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #172
Polyshrink Goddess

Surgery was on my left arm...the ulnar nerve was causing problems. I AM RIGHT HANDED SO THATS ALLOWING ME TO DO SOME STUFF. Typing one handed tho !! lol When the wishrak is up and going again; going to wish for some more images so i can get rolling on more cards for you. Need some more youthful images. Havin fun doing it tho. Cant drive yet so hopin my dd will take me to post office monday. thanks for the well wishes and all you do!!

HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #173
Die Cut Diva

Default I've got to start utilizing the wish rak!

I applied and was accepted, but haven't yet participated. I was thinking I could wish for full cards, and when I couldn't find anything about that, I put it on the back burner!

Thanks for reminding me about it! How do you usually ask for things, and what do you have to do to start getting wishes granted???

Thanks in advance for the info!

Glad that you are doing good after surgery! I need right hand surgery for carpal tunnel and trigger finger of my middle finger, which my husband says is because I use it too much!!! But, I might also need the elbow surgery as well, because my numbness is in all 5 of my fingers!!!

I also have left hand symptoms, but not as bad. I guess I'm just a mess physically! I told my husband that I wanted to find a cute, young girl and have a complete brain transplant!!! LOL! Or maybe one of those bionic woman things... unfortunately, the 70's si fi is not a reality yet!!! (BIG SIGH)!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:41 AM   #174
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning! Yes; its really easy..When you first start they grant you three wishes; and you "earn" more wishes by granting someone else's wishes. It really is fun and rewarding both in granting and receiving. I can let you know more and direct you to someone if you want...did you get my "donation" ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I applied and was accepted, but haven't yet participated. I was thinking I could wish for full cards, and when I couldn't find anything about that, I put it on the back burner!

Thanks for reminding me about it! How do you usually ask for things, and what do you have to do to start getting wishes granted???

Thanks in advance for the info!

Glad that you are doing good after surgery! I need right hand surgery for carpal tunnel and trigger finger of my middle finger, which my husband says is because I use it too much!!! But, I might also need the elbow surgery as well, because my numbness is in all 5 of my fingers!!!

I also have left hand symptoms, but not as bad. I guess I'm just a mess physically! I told my husband that I wanted to find a cute, young girl and have a complete brain transplant!!! LOL! Or maybe one of those bionic woman things... unfortunately, the 70's si fi is not a reality yet!!! (BIG SIGH)!

HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #175
Die Cut Diva

Cool I'm back!!!

Hi all!

I'm back from my trip to MN to get my daughter moved into college! While I was up there, I met with Yuli (scs=lvpj2), who was planning on mailing some things when I noticed she was from the Twin Cities! She had 3 HUGE shopping bags full of paper, books, glue, crayons, crafts, and more for me to bring to RMD house in Marshfield!!!

It took longer than I planned to get my daughter moved in, (doesn't it always), and that gave me the evening to get Yuli's supplies incorporated into the ones I already sorted and had ready for the Marshfield house! I was able to put together a box of about 200 cards for them, with the help of some local stamping buddies!!!

Sandy, the House Director, is a lovely woman, and I enjoyed visiting with her! She was very impressed and thrilled to receive all of the supplies for the house!!! They work very closely with the Art Director at the hospital, just like at the Milwaukee house. They both say, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!"

Sue,

I got your cards the day I got back! They are beautiful! Thanks so much! They will go to the Milwaukee House on Sept. 14th. They are in need of more cards already. Marilyn, the House Director, said that the residents are really enjoying the cards and are VERY appreciative to have them available!!! THAT is what this thread is all about!!!

I'm going to post some long awaited pictures!!! Sorry it has taken so long, but it seems that I've had so much going on! Lots of company, friends and family both!!! Getting my daughter ready to move to another state for school. And plenty of gardening and canning. I grow alot of fruit! I have Cherries, Raspberries, Peaches, Plums, Pears, and Apples. PLUS, I have a large garden, and I like to can tomatoes, peppers, zuchinni, and more!!!

As I mentioned, I'm going to Milwaukee on the 14th, and I have a friend who is donating almost 150 cards by herself!!!! YEAH!!! That, plus Sue's cards should take care of them for a little bit, but PLEASE...PLEASE, keep the cards and items coming!!! We will have to replenish paper supplies and cards for these 2 houses, PLUS, I'd love to get supplies together for another house!!! We have the Madison house, and then there are 2 houses in Minnesota, one in Minneapolis and the other in Rochester by Mayo Clinic.

Tell your friends and on-line buddies about this thread... you can even put a link into your siggy, like I have!!! My ideal is to get every house in the US adopted!!! If any of you have any interest in actually adopting the house closest to you, I'd be glad to coordinate!!! I really don't think I can do this alone, in fact, it is all of you that supplied the Milwaukee and Marshfield houses, not me!!!! I try to add supplies to each delivery, but the majority of things have come from all of you, and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

Have a great holiday weekend!! Pictures will be in seperate posts!

Hugs and Blessings to all of you!!!

Jane
Old 09-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #176
Die Cut Diva

Default pictures!!!

The long awaited pictures will have to wait until tomorrow! I can't get anything to upload today. If I remember correctly, there is a no upload Sunday rule!!!

UPDATE: the problem was the files I had were too big, not because of no upload Sunday~ I'm sometimes tech impaired!!!

Last edited by janiekay; 09-09-2009 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: new info
Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #177
Die Cut Diva

Default hope this works!

You all need to correct me if I'm wrong with the credit for these items!

The first 2 pictures are from Sue, bensarmom, and the 3rd one is from Cindy, samanthasmom!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0558-copy.jpg   img_0559-copy.jpg   img_0560-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #178
Die Cut Diva

Default next one

Oh POOP!!!

this is the only one I can get to load now!!! It is from Kay, sarge.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0561-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #179
Die Cut Diva

Default try again

OK maybe the system is just too busy! I'll try again later tonight!!!

These cards are from my friend, Anne. I don't know if she has a splitcoast name!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0592-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #180
Die Cut Diva

Default here are some more!

These are pix of me and Sandy(the Marshfield RMD House Director) with all of the items packed up!!! They were thrilled with everything!!!

The 3rd picture is just some of the stamp sets that I recieved from Sarge!!!

Also, the 2 big shopping bags were from Yuli in MN (lvpj2). She also sent another one filled with paper, but I combined it with the rest of the paper. Some of the stuff she gave were: lots of boxes of crayons, lots of new/lightly used preschool-grade school books, craft items, lots of designer papers, lots of designer sissors, and much, much more!!!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0042.jpg   100_0044.jpg   img_0562-copy.jpg  

Last edited by janiekay; 09-09-2009 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: added Yuli's info
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #181
Polyshrink Goddess

Default cards

Glad you got the cards I sent; and I know its just a drop in the bucket..and what generosity of the ones who sent all the stamps and supplies! I will try and make you more cards..and just send them as I get them done. Been busy making the "cards for the troops" also. Would you say you would need cards on an ongoing basis?

HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #182
Die Cut Diva

Default YES!!!

Yes, the cards are an ongoing need, because new families arrive to the house all the time. The Milwaukee house is FULL 100% of the time and always have a waiting list. The average stay is 3 weeks although some families stay much longer. So, the turn around on rooms is at least a new family every month for each of the 38 rooms!!!

The Marshfield house has 10 rooms, and the average stay is 10 nights. They stay about 95-100% full all of the time. That means that they average around 30 families a month! So, even though the house is smaller, they may go through almost as many cards as Milwaukee.

If you would like to find out if there is a house in your area to bring cards to, the website is http://www.rmhc.org and then go to "Chapter Search". Select your country, state, and then Choose "Ronald McDonald House" as the charity program.

I would LOVE it if people started adopting a house near them, and then keep updating what they are doing on this thread! It's easy to post a picture to the thread, just go to the additional options below your reply to thread box and click "manage attachments". It will usually let you upload 3 files per post!!! I am really hoping that everyone on this thread NOW, and in the future realize how HAPPY the house directors are to get the cards and supplies.

I'm happy to continue being a go between, and bringing cards to the houses that are close to me, but, if you feel like spreading the LOVE and want to grab a bunch of stamping buddies near you and have a RMD House stamp a thon with cards and send them to the house nearest you, I'm sure that they would also appreciate it. I'm happy to call ahead for you and find out who you need to send them or bring them to, if you don't like calling. I have unlimited long distance, and if you just post here or PM me, I can take care of that for anyone!!!!

Thanks for asking, Sue

PS: I said it will usually let you upload... because I have been having problems lately. It seems that they just changed servers here at SCS, and they have been having some problems with the switchover. I'm not sure if the fact that some of my files are uploading and some are not, just because the server is busy or there is still a glitch going on. BUT, as soon as I find out I will let you know!!!!

PSS: Thank you all for your support of my cause!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #183
Die Cut Diva

Default dup post

sorry
Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #184
Die Cut Diva

Default Some more pix!

Up close at the stamp sets from Sarge!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0563-copy.jpg   img_0564-copy.jpg   img_0565-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #185
Die Cut Diva

Default more stamps

More sets from Sarge in FL!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0566-copy.jpg   img_0567-copy.jpg   img_0568-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #186
Die Cut Diva

Default do you believe it???

more from sarge!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0569-copy.jpg   img_0570-copy.jpg   img_0571-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #187
Die Cut Diva

Default more...

the first is from sarge, and the 2nd two are some ribbon and twine from me.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0572-copy.jpg   img_0573-copy.jpg   img_0576-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #188
Die Cut Diva

Default More stuff from Sue

bensarmom sent in these cute activity kits, glues and stamp pads, plus mono!

The last pic is a combo of things from bensarmom and sarge!

I hope I didn't mix things up too much! If I give someone credit for the wrong things, feel free to let me know!!! I really need to post pics when stuff comes in~

It's that time thing, though....
Attached Thumbnails
img_0574-copy.jpg   img_0575-copy.jpg   img_0578-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #189
Die Cut Diva

Default Some cards!!!!

The first 2 sets are from Kaitlyn (K. Joy) and the 3rd set is from PianoLady 1026. I hate to say that I can't remember your name pianolady!!!!! UGH!!! I'm loosing it!!!

I'll try to post more pictures later tonight, I've been at it for about 5 hours, believe it or not, but the files keep failing to upload~~~~
Attached Thumbnails
img_0579-copy.jpg   img_0581-copy.jpg   img_0580-copy.jpg  

Last edited by janiekay; 09-09-2009 at 03:53 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #190
Die Cut Diva

Default trying again!

I think these things were sent in by bensarmom and sarge!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0585-copy.jpg   img_0587-copy.jpg   img_0589-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #191
Die Cut Diva

Default almost done...

some stuff that I sent in
Attached Thumbnails
img_0582-copy.jpg   img_0583-copy.jpg   img_0584-copy.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #192
Die Cut Diva

Talking last three pictures

more things I sent in.

I think from now on, I'll take pictures and post as I get things in!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0577-copy.jpg   img_0590-copy.jpg   img_0588-copy.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #193
Die Cut Diva

Default bump!

bumping for the kids at RMD's across the country!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #194
Kookie Creator

Hi, I thought I'd check in with you. I'm sending a bunch of cards, some I made and some others made. I'll get them to the post office this next week. Do you have any use for the cards that come in the mail from various charities? I have a bunch of those also and I'd be glad to send them too. Let me know. I saw in one of your posts that you are coming to Florida to help your sister. If you are any where near the Kennedy Space Center, I'd love to have the chance to meet you. Florida is beautiful at this time of year or any time of the year for that matter. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Kay
Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope it is okay to share this info to help raise funds for St. Jude tomorrow....

EAT AT CHILI'S TOMORROW!!!

This Monday, Chiliís Grill & Barģ asks you to dine out for lunch or dinner (or both!) and support St. Jude Childrenís Research Hospital.

On September 28, as National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month comes to a close, participating Chiliís restaurants around the country will be donating 100 percent of the dayís profits to St. Jude. Itís called Donate Our Profits Day at Chiliís and it is part of Chiliís month-long Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign.

So everyone eat at Chili's you can dine in or pick up, either way your helping. St.Jude is part of COG the Children's Oncology Group, so money made for St. Jude not only goes to them but the research they do is shared worldwide. Still waiting for a cure that will one day come =]

Thanks as always and please pass along the message about Chili's.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #196
Die Cut Diva

Default Got your cards!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Hi, I thought I'd check in with you. I'm sending a bunch of cards, some I made and some others made. I'll get them to the post office this next week. Do you have any use for the cards that come in the mail from various charities? I have a bunch of those also and I'd be glad to send them too. Let me know. I saw in one of your posts that you are coming to Florida to help your sister. If you are any where near the Kennedy Space Center, I'd love to have the chance to meet you. Florida is beautiful at this time of year or any time of the year for that matter. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Kay
Kay,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but was in Orlando, FL (believe it or not), with no internet connection!!! They were having hook-up problems! I was only an hour away from you! I would have LOVED to meet up with you, but we barely got finished with fixing up the house (she bought a foreclosure) and packing and moving her stuff!!! BUT.....

I do go to Florida often, and will be down there again at Christmas! My whole family is in the Orlando area! In fact, my one sister is in Deland! It really is a neat thing when you actually meet, in person, and after a long time of chatting on-line, some of the people you have met on this site!!! My dad used to work for the Apollo program at Cape, and that was a BIG part of my life while growing up! We moved to FL in '68! Hopefully we can get together another time. I know the holidays are busy, but I'm probably going to visit, without my DH and kids, late winter or early spring! I'll let you know!!!

I have received all kinds of cards, including the ones that come in from charities, for the RMD House, and they have never complained yet!!! I would be happy to take them off of your hands!

Talk soon!!!!

Jane
Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #197
Kookie Creator

Hi Jane...sent you a PM but I forgot to ask about where you lived in '68. I was in high school in Melbourne at that time. It really is a small world!! Kay
Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #198
Polyshrink Goddess

Default .

Bumping for the RMD homes!

I am getting the last of the cards trimmed. I am recycling card fronts to make new cards. When is the next drop?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #199
Die Cut Diva

Default It amazes me how small a world we do live in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Hi Jane...sent you a PM but I forgot to ask about where you lived in '68. I was in high school in Melbourne at that time. It really is a small world!! Kay
We lived in Maitland, which was the furthest "burb" out of Orlando BD (before disney), because my aunt lived in Longwood, and it was the closest my mom would move out of a city!!! She was born in Manhattan, and Longwood was like driving out to the country!!! She thought my aunt was crazy for living that far from a store!!! She also couldn't believe that they didn't have an all night deli or grocery store in this "God forsaken place!!!!" My have things changed!!!! My dad had an hour commute on the beeline, now the beachline!!! I do remember him coming home very late at night, and them calling and he had to turn around and go right back in! He was one of the guys they called when they had the problem with Apollo 13!!!

My one sister graduated in '68, and my other sister was in 7th grade. I was a 3rd grader at the time. My dad used to bring home all kind of cool stuff he was working on. He brought home a small solar panel/cell that my sister, Sue was able to use in a science project!!!! Yup, right off of the scripts of "my favorite martian" or something!!! She was the coolest kid in school! He used to bring home the reject "molds" of the space boots he was working on, and we used to PLAY with them and pretend that they really were space boots and run around the house!!! BUT, instead of making us weightless, they were heavy as heck!!!! LOL! Fun times!

I got your cards, by the way!!! They are absolutely beautiful!!!

AND, yes, I will give them the promo cards you get in the mail. They use all the cards that I send them. I just package them up and put them in the boxes with the other cards. I just got e-mails from both houses, with nice thank yous for the cards. I will post them in my next post!

Thanks again for all you have done for this project, Kay!!! You are a wonderful person! I can't wait to meet you!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #200
Die Cut Diva

Default I was hoping to get some halloween goodies together....

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthasmom View Post
Bumping for the RMD homes!

I am getting the last of the cards trimmed. I am recycling card fronts to make new cards. When is the next drop?
...but, I just have been crazy with everything I have going on right now. If you have time to make something up and bring it to the MKE house, I will send you a check for stuff from the dollar store! I usually spend about $80-100 to fill up the treat boxes with a few goodies, and some kind of activity like a velvet art poster, or cards, or something like that. I usually try to get things on sale, so my money goes further, BUT, I know that you told me you HATE to shop!!!!

I'm am going to have to "teach" you some "sale shopping techniques" girlfriend!!!! I "LOVE" to shop, especially when I can save 80-90%!!! AND, I hardly ever pay full price, unless it is a TRUE emergency!!!!

As far as cards go, I split them all up between the 2 houses, and only have the cards that Kay sent right now!!! I need to find a way to make this thread more visible!!!!! Ronald McDonald House is one of the "official" Stampin' Up charities!!! They make a stamp for them every year, and all the proceeds from the stamp go to the houses across America!!! The house directors can submit for "grants" for special projects with the money.

If anyone can think of ways to promote this thread more to get it more visible, please let me know!!!!