Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1881
Pearl-ExPert

Default Wonderful!!!

Thanks for letting me know, LJ and Sandra! I will add the 190 cards to our totals!!!

LJ-- I can't believe that you battled the beltway during rush hour! My son has been driving for 3 years now, and he has just started driving on Hwy 151!!! Have you been driving for a year, yet???? I'm so proud of you! There are a lot of people who would have said forget it, and just never learned to drive! You go girl!!!

Sandra-- I'm happy to hear that the OR house is happy to get cards. It is the same thing with my houses posted here, as with Stampin up. I have a bunch of girls who never contact me after they said that they would send cards to some one the houses. I don't know whether or not they are sending any or not! I can't post any totals unless everyone tells me how many cards they dropped off! Who knows, maybe we've delivered over 20,000 cards, but again, if I don't get told, I can't add it to our totals!!!

Hope everyone is staying sane this holiday season!

Jane
Old 12-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #1882
Stazon Splitcoast

Been driving for 18 months. now. I get off "probation" in June.

More comfortable driving in winter now than I was 3 weeks ago, I recently traded in my Kia Soul for a 2014 Honda CR-V. Absolutely love that I am higher and have 4WD (instead of 2WD). My mom, dad and I took a drive up north (near portage/baraboo) and took my car. It was a nice smooth ride. And we got 30mpg on the interstate.

I take 51 every day. 151 runs north of Madison. Only been on it a few times.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #1883
Pearl-ExPert

Default Congrats on the new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Been driving for 18 months. now. I get off "probation" in June.

More comfortable driving in winter now than I was 3 weeks ago, I recently traded in my Kia Soul for a 2014 Honda CR-V. Absolutely love that I am higher and have 4WD (instead of 2WD). My mom, dad and I took a drive up north (near portage/baraboo) and took my car. It was a nice smooth ride. And we got 30mpg on the interstate.

I take 51 every day. 151 runs north of Madison. Only been on it a few times.
I thought the Kia Soul came in 4 wheel drive, but I guess it comes in either 2 or 4 whee drive. I always liked the hampstermobile! BUT, the Honda is a GREAT car! I always used to drive a honda and loved them. I don't know why I stopped driving them-- probably cost when my hubby was in med school!

I have a friend who lives in McFarland, and I remember where you work from when Barb and I picked you up for lunch! Hwy 51 is usually very busy, esp during rush hour!

We only got about 4 inches of snow. I think we were just north of the band that got Madison and Milwaukee.

Talk soon!

Jane
Old 01-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #1884
Cardstock Collector

Default cards for Ronald MacDonald House

Hello, I'm a newbie here and I just completed 10 Birthday cards to be sent for Ronald MacDonald House. Question, do I just sent them to Pamela Wu or wait for further instructions? Please advise. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #1885
Cardstock Collector

Default cards for ronald macdonald house

I have 10 birthday cards to be sent for Ronald macdonald house not sure where to send them.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #1886
Inking Addict

I'm a newbie, too, and want to help by sending in cards. I already partner with OWH and want to do something for hospitalized kids as well. Where can I send them to...I apologize if this has been answered a gazillion times already, but I am skimming the many pages for an answer.

TIA!
Kelly
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #1887
Mad Swapper

Hey Jane, you can add 100 to your total. I took cards in yesterday and they had run completely out. I just received cards from the RMH 2014 swap and have bunches cut and ready to put together (I had run out of tape, who runs out of tape when they make as many cards as I do) so I will be taking in more soon. Just a shout out to all the lovely people who make this work possible! THANKS!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #1888
Pearl-ExPert

Default Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annem715 View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie here and I just completed 10 Birthday cards to be sent for Ronald MacDonald House. Question, do I just sent them to Pamela Wu or wait for further instructions? Please advise. Thanks
Hi!

I'm Jane, and I have organized this project! I was on vacation, and unplugged for a while, so I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you! Here is Pam's address. She is currently hosting a swap for Ronald McDonald houses, where you join and send cards each month to a different house. I can tell you more about it if you want, or you can click on the link below Pam's address!

Pamela Wu
2237 Serra Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95050

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...#ixzz2rjNyadwp

Thanks so much for your help with this project!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #1889
Pearl-ExPert

Default Welcome, Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumplesnat View Post
I'm a newbie, too, and want to help by sending in cards. I already partner with OWH and want to do something for hospitalized kids as well. Where can I send them to...I apologize if this has been answered a gazillion times already, but I am skimming the many pages for an answer.

TIA!
Kelly
Thanks for your offer to help with this project! Right now we are having a swap for Ronald McDonald Houses, if you would like to participate! I have a link in my siggy, plus I posted it in the post above to annem715.

We have several girls who also support OWH, which figures, because people who like to give are the most wonderful people in the world!!!!

If you would like to adopt a Ronald McDonald House in your area, that would be wonderful, and the swap I mentioned can help you get cards together for your house! We do have a spot open for August, I believe.

If you just want to send cards to each of the houses in the swap, that is fine, too. We have several girls who have not adopted a house, but they are sending monthly cards.

If you don't want to send cards monthly, but just once or just occasionally, you can send them to me and I would be happy to get them to the house that needs them most!

Please let me know what you are thinking! If you read the post above, it explains why it's taken so long for me to get back to you! I usually don't take that long to respond to people's posts, so I apologize for that.

I look forward to hearing from you and giving you more info or having you send cards for Ronald McDonald House Residents.

Thanks for your interest and your caring!!!

Jane
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #1890
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks for letting me know, Martha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Hey Jane, you can add 100 to your total. I took cards in yesterday and they had run completely out. I just received cards from the RMH 2014 swap and have bunches cut and ready to put together (I had run out of tape, who runs out of tape when they make as many cards as I do) so I will be taking in more soon. Just a shout out to all the lovely people who make this work possible! THANKS!!!
I'm sure that they were THRILLED to see you! These will refill the coffers for at least a couple of weeks! BUT, it sounds like you are ready to restock the shelves shortly!

The reason that you run out of tape is BECAUSE you make so many cards, silly!!! hehehe!

Talk soon!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #1891
Stazon Splitcoast

just saying hi - working on getting together another batch for the RMH in Madison
Old 02-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #1892
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hi LJ!

Hope you are staying warm! We got a little snow today, but not as much as they were predicting. Did you get a bunch down there???

I just got back in town from Florida, and I am ready to turn around and go right back down there!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Talk to you soon!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #1893
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I had a great day today, as I was able to spend it with my son. My DH and I went to visit him at school and take him out for Brunch and shopping. It is great having him close enough that I can visit. My daughter is about 4.5 hrs away, so it is too far to go for the day! I hope I will get to visit her soon!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #1894
Mad Swapper

I have a question for Barb (barbaralynn)!

Ok, sorry it has taken sooo long, but I'm ready to pack up a box of stamping supplies for you for the RMDH, if you would still be interested?

We have some stamp sets (wood mounted and cling mounted), and I was wondering if you would like some ribbons, ink pads, and flowers or other embellishments as well? We've got a ton to share.

Also, do you know if it is just kids stamping, or are there parents or other adults who would be crafting as well? There are some other stamp sets that we could send along, but parents may find them more fun to use than the kids. (They are kid friendly, but the kids might think they were boring!)
Please consider sending cards to the Ronald McDonald House!
Click HERE for more information! :)
janiekay likes this post.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #1895
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Joy View Post
I have a question for Barb (barbaralynn)!

Ok, sorry it has taken sooo long, but I'm ready to pack up a box of stamping supplies for you for the RMDH, if you would still be interested?

We have some stamp sets (wood mounted and cling mounted), and I was wondering if you would like some ribbons, ink pads, and flowers or other embellishments as well? We've got a ton to share.

Also, do you know if it is just kids stamping, or are there parents or other adults who would be crafting as well? There are some other stamp sets that we could send along, but parents may find them more fun to use than the kids. (They are kid friendly, but the kids might think they were boring!)
Hi Kaitlyn!

Yes, it's been a long time! Hope all is good with you! I'm sure that Barb can use anything that you have, and if she can't, she/you can send it to me for one of the other RMD Houses!

In Milwaukee, both kids and adults stamp. They make cards and scrapbook pages, so it is pretty open as to what they could use!

Hope you are surviving this horrible winter we are having! I'm ready to become a snowbird! LOL!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #1896
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Hi Kaitlyn!

Yes, it's been a long time! Hope all is good with you! I'm sure that Barb can use anything that you have, and if she can't, she/you can send it to me for one of the other RMD Houses!

In Milwaukee, both kids and adults stamp. They make cards and scrapbook pages, so it is pretty open as to what they could use!

Hope you are surviving this horrible winter we are having! I'm ready to become a snowbird! LOL!

Hugs,
Jane
Thanks Jane!! I'll fill Barb up a box. I'm pretty sure there will be more hanging around our basement, though, so it is a good possibility that (at some point) you may get a box too!! We have bunches of fun ribbons, and there are quite a few stamp sets. We've got some cards I have been meaning to send, so hopefully I will get my act together and get those out to you sometime as well!

Yes it has been cold cold cold lately!! Pretty intense wind chills this winter! I do prefer cooler weather to hot weather, but when it gets to -45 I am SO thankful for a warm house!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #1897
Mad Swapper

Oh one more question! Can you use clear stamps? Do you have acrylic blocks you could put them on? Or would clear stamps be a problem because they are harder to see...and easier to lose?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #1898
Pearl-ExPert

Cool Just joined a few swaps to get cards for my houses! All due next month.

They are looking for more swappers, if anyone is interested!

*OPEN* Penny Black, House Mouse, Inky Antics, & Stampin Up! Card Swap DUE 3/24

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...#ixzz2sYwm0wwb

*NEW & Open ~ Humorous Birthday Cards ~ Due March 3rd ~

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...#ixzz2sYwwj09A

NEW & OPEN- "Thinking Of You!" Card Swap- Due 3/17/14

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...#ixzz2sYx5qMie
Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #1899
Pearl-ExPert

Smile I will take them, Kaitlyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Joy View Post
Oh one more question! Can you use clear stamps? Do you have acrylic blocks you could put them on? Or would clear stamps be a problem because they are harder to see...and easier to lose?
I did buy a whole bunch of the blocks at Michael's for using in a goodie bag for the kids. I don't have enough clear stamps, though for all the kids to get one. If you send them to me, I will put them into the goodie bags so that each child gets a few stamps with a block.

If they are bigger clear stamps, then I will be happy to use them to make cards for the houses. I have a variety of blocks. I also sent a few bigger blocks to the Marshfield house, so I can send some of them there with my next box of cards.

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #1900
Mad Swapper

So sorry, one more question... Do I need to PM Barb for her address, or do I just send the box to you, Jane?
Old 02-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #1901
Pearl-ExPert

Heart no problem!

If you want to send everything in one box, you can send it to me and I will get it to Barb or the Milwaukee RMD house. I go there on a regular basis, too. Or, I can pm you Barb's address. Let me know if you need my address or if you still have it.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #1902
Mad Swapper

I've got your address - thanks!!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #1903
Die Cut Diva

Jane

Last Wednesday I dropped off 84 cards to the Ronald McDonald House - West, in Portland, Oregon.

I talked to the volunteer coordinator also. She said they would love cards and if I wanted to do any crafty projects, they are glad for that too. I will be going up this Friday to do a Valentines craft with the folks.

I had taken a bunch of cards up to the house back in December and that seemed to be a big hit.

Sandra
Old 02-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #1904
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Thanks for letting me know, Sandra!

I will add them to our totals!!!

I'm so excited, because this is my month for hosting the swap of the month and cards are coming in! It is like Christmas!!!

Have fun on Friday making Valentine's with the folks!

BIG hugs!
Jane
Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #1905
Pearl-ExPert

Heart I dropped off some goodie bags at the Milwaukee RMD HOuse

I was visiting with my friend Cindy in Milwaukee yesterday, and we made up goodie bags for the kids at the RMD House in Milwaukee. I walked out the door and forgot to bring them a box of cards, but that is what happens when you have a brain like a sieve! LOL!

ANYWAY, I was thrilled to hear how happy they were to get the bags. They were loaded with things that my daughter got from the EAA convention in Oshkosh this past summer. She hosted a "Planes" booth for the kids, and they premiered the Pixar film at the event! They had tattoo sheets, balsam wood planes, coloring books, crayons, and we added card kits for the kids that we made up! Long story short, they were going to show the kids the movie PLANES tonight!!! SO, I was thrilled that this was perfect timing!!!

Have a great night, everyone!

Jane
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #1906
Mad Swapper

Jane, I took in 100 cards last Saturday and realized I haven't added them to my siggy or to your total. They were not out yet and I have plenty more coming along for next trip in. Thanks for getting me into this! Martha
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #1907
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks, Martha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Jane, I took in 100 cards last Saturday and realized I haven't added them to my siggy or to your total. They were not out yet and I have plenty more coming along for next trip in. Thanks for getting me into this! Martha
Martha,

I thank you for being part of this group! You are a blessing to this project!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #1908
Pearl-ExPert

Cool Beautiful, but cold!

It's a beautiful, although cold day in WI today! Yesterday I got spoiled, because it was almost 30 degrees! WOW! You know that it has been a bad winter when you call 30 degrees warm! YIKES!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

BIG HUGS,

Jane
Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #1909
Mad Swapper

Cards and stuff on their way to you, Jane!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1910
Pearl-ExPert

Heart I got a big box of stuff today!!!

Thanks, Kate! (K. Joy) Here are some pics of the goodies she sent! I'm going to use the supplies to make up card kits for kids, so they can stamp their own card!
Attached Thumbnails
rmdh-project11.jpg   rmdh-project10.jpg   rmdh-project9.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #1911
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up more pictures!

of goodies from K. Joy!
Attached Thumbnails
rmdh-project8.jpg   rmdh-project.jpg   rmdh-project7.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #1912
Pearl-ExPert

Smile more pictures!

some more supplies and some cards from K. Joy and her mom!

Aren't these cards BEAUTIFUL???
Attached Thumbnails
rmdh-project6.jpg   rmdh-project5.jpg   rmdh-project3.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #1913
Pearl-ExPert

Cool last couple of pics!

Here is the last pictures of more cards from Kate and her mom!

I don't know which is prettiest! One is prettier than the next!
Attached Thumbnails
rmdh-project2.jpg   rmdh-project3.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #1914
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi -

Will be making a trip to Madison RMH within the next 4-5 days (depending on the snow and cold)
Old 02-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #1915
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Sounds good, LJ

I am trying to figure out when I can get down there with some goody bags for the kids.

Let me know how many you drop off!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #1916
Pearl-ExPert

Default Have a great week!!!

I hope everyone has a good week! I'm working on cards for a few swaps that I joined. I've got one set done and 3 more to go! They will be great for one of my RMD Houses!

How is everyone doing? Anyone take any cards in lately? Is everyone sick of winter yet??????? We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow! YUCK!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #1917
Pearl-ExPert

Cool Off to MN!

The sun is shining, and I am loving it! I'm hoping that the weather is nice in MN, as I'm going to visit my daughter this weekend! She is leaving later next week for CHINA! She is in a Moot Court Competition for her law school, and is the only 2nd year law student in the competition from her school. Actually, she is one of only 4 students who are on this team. They have to try out before a panel, and she made the cut! It has been a LOT of extra work, and I'm very proud of her for all she has achieved!

Hope everyone has a great week! I'm dropping off cards at the house in Minneapolis while I'm up there! I haven't counted out how many I have for them yet, I'll post that later!

Jane
TeeGeeDee and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #1918
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hi Everyone!

It's been a busy month for me! I was able to have a great visit with my daughter in MN, and the weather was decent, at least.

I also had a big fundraiser for my doxie rescue! I planned and ran the whole thing, and I had a little help, but we were able to raise $2500 for the dogs!

I just heard from Judy (pianolady1026) that she dropped 53 cards off to her house in NY.

Thanks, Judy~!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #1919
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Dropped off some cards at the Madison RMD House.

I had to go to Madison today, so I brought along some cards for them. I left them 112 cards, and they couldn't say enough nice things about them! They looked through them and couldn't believe the time it must have taken to make the cards, and they said that the residents really loved them!

It is a good feeling to know that they are appreciated!

I'm hoping to get my cards out to the Marshfield House soon! I usually send them personal care items that I get from hotels, too. They have a lot of premature babies there, so a lot of the people that stay there don't really plan the trip. They are brought by ambulance. They like to have these items for them to use when they need to shower, so they don't have to go out and buy a bunch of stuff when they have so much to worry about already!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Jane
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #1920
Mad Swapper

Jane, I am running low on envelopes, last time I bought from you, I could use another 500 if you have them on hand, if not, please send me a link where I can buy in bulk. Thanks, Martha