Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #1841
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Sherry needs more, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
Janie---i'm going to be needing more envies and sleeves...do you still have a bunch to send and I paypay you? if so let me know how much....---I think I have about 100 more of each before i'm dry as a bone....

ijust made 2 sets of 20 xmas cards for a friends pastor auction...they are raising money for the church to get money for medications for people in the community...
I did just order more sleeves, but I think I'm going to need to order more envelopes. I know I opened my last box of 1,000, but I don't know how many I've used. I will let you know as soon as I get caught up with the house of the month swap!

Hugs,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #1842
Pearl-ExPert

okay sounds good!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1843
Pearl-ExPert

Wink Howdie for Hump Day!

Hi all! I hope that everyone is doing good. It seems that we are all busy and not posting very much! For some reason, I'm not getting updates when people post like I used to.

I am about sick of canning my fruits and veggies this year! I still have a BUNCH of apples to make applesauce, pie filling and cider. Hope my stamina holds out!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #1844
Pearl-ExPert

JanE---don't mean to be push...but don't forget me when you get the envies and sleeves...I'm down to my last 30 for envies....

BTW took 200 to RMH House # 3 in STL....
Old 11-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #1845
Pearl-ExPert

Default That is wonderful!

I haven't forgotten! I just haven't had a chance to get things together! My goal is that I can get them out to you this week.

Thanks for letting me know about the cards to your house!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #1846
Pearl-ExPert

sounds like a plan! thanks for letting me know....have a good day ladies!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #1847
Mad Swapper

Jane, Thanks for all you do! I took 200 cards in to the Little Rock house Monday and they said they arrived just in time, the stash was running low! I am so blessed by the comments and appreciation shown by these ladies! Thank you ladies for all your help in keeping this house stocked!
janiekay and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #1848
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Thanks, Martha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Jane, Thanks for all you do! I took 200 cards in to the Little Rock house Monday and they said they arrived just in time, the stash was running low! I am so blessed by the comments and appreciation shown by these ladies! Thank you ladies for all your help in keeping this house stocked!
You are amazing! You are so blessed to be able to meet the people who hear from the people who use our cards, and get comments from them! I usually mail my cards, so I never see anyone but the weekend volunteers.

I did however, get a card in the mail from the Madison RMD House, where I just dropped off 140 cards!

With your 200, 100 from Susan(stampinggooddeeds) to the Danville RMD House, and my 140, we are definitely over the 15,000 mark!

WAHOO ladies! You all are amazing! I'm attaching the thank you I got from the Madison Ronald McDonald House.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Madison Ronald McDonald House Thanks154.pdf (427.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #1849
Pearl-ExPert

Cool just shipped off some cards

I just got back from the post office.

200 cards to the Minneapolis, MN Ronald McDonald House

135 cards to the Milwaukee, WI Ronald McDonald House

110 cards to the Marshfield, WI Ronald McDonald House

total cards mailed to houses = 445
Old 12-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #1850
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Truly want to stop by to thank everyone who is doing this for RMH! I know firsthand from the Coles kids/families that your generosity is so appreciated. God bless all of you!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1851
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks, Caterina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Truly want to stop by to thank everyone who is doing this for RMH! I know firsthand from the Coles kids/families that your generosity is so appreciated. God bless all of you!
It still blows my mind that we have donated over 15,000 cards to Ronald McDonald Houses across the country!

Hope things are good with you!
LauraJean and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1852
Stazon Splitcoast

Janie

Received a huge package of cards from you today for the Madison RMH Thank you SO MUCH! ~ did you send cards directly to them as well? Just wondering what kind - I have 65 Holiday/Christmas Cards ready to go (probably on Sunday when the traffic is not as bad) and was going to take some non-christmas cards to them as well. I just don't want to overload them

Thanks!!! LJ
janiekay likes this post.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #1853
Stazon Splitcoast

Just saw this ~ ok I'm good to go with all Christmas/Holiday cards to the Madison RMH (plus the ones I just received today - Thanks again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I am going to be sending about 500 cards out in total. These cards are going to the Madison, WI house, the Marshfield WI house, the Milwaukee, WI house and the Minneapolis, MN house!

I'm sending a variety of cards including Holloween, Thanksgiving, thank you, birthday, anniversary, congrats, baby, thinking of you and more! I didn't include Christmas cards, because the boxes were STUFFED to the max!!!

I thought this would put us over the 15,000 mark, but I think we are a bit short! Maybe I will box up cards for the Rochester, MN house tomorrow! (today actaully I didn't realize it was so late!!!

I'll update my totals tomorrow when I add all the card box totals together!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #1854
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Just saw this ~ ok I'm good to go with all Christmas/Holiday cards to the Madison RMH (plus the ones I just received today - Thanks again!)
Don't forget to let me know how many cards you drop off! They were expecting some Christmas cards, so that would be great!

Glad you liked the cards!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #1855
Die Cut Diva

Jane

Well, I finally went back in time and found when I had asked you about sending cards to one of the Oregon RMHC's.

Shortly after that posting my sweet girl, Cleopatra, could no longer fight her feline kidney disease and she died on Labor Day. I kinda died too. I went away (physically left home) for a couple of weeks.

I may be ready to start helping others now.

So, it looks like you are saying I should contact the house director personally and get something going that way. Right?
Sandra

Quote:
Hi Sandra!

Sorry to hear that you've been in a funk. I know how that goes! I'd be THRILLED to talk to you about adopting a house in OR. I send cards to the Marshfield, WI house which is over 3 hours away, and also to the MN houses, which is the next state over!!! The closest house is actually an hour away for me, too!

Basically, you just have to send them cards! You should call them to let them know you will be sending them cards, for the staff to give to the people who stay at the house, and also for the people who stay there to use as they need. Usually, the house director takes care of this, but in some of the larger houses, they have someone else who handles it, but the director can give you their info. You really have to call, because they don't answer e-mails very often, I'm not sure why.

Hugs,
Jane
Old 12-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #1856
Pearl-ExPert

Heart I'm soooooo sorry to hear about Cleopatra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jane

Well, I finally went back in time and found when I had asked you about sending cards to one of the Oregon RMHC's.

Shortly after that posting my sweet girl, Cleopatra, could no longer fight her feline kidney disease and she died on Labor Day. I kinda died too. I went away (physically left home) for a couple of weeks.

I may be ready to start helping others now.

So, it looks like you are saying I should contact the house director personally and get something going that way. Right?
Sandra
So soon after you lost Serenity, I'm sure it just knocked the wind out of you! I know that happens sometimes with animals that are close. One passes away, and shortly afterwards, the other passes. It also happens with people, sometimes. It is very hard on the people left behind! I'm sure your heart broke. You poor thing! Big HUGS to you!!! I can understand why you had to just get away for a while.

I had 2 kitty's Fluffy and Rascal. Both were Persian's, who are prone to kidney disease. Fluffy went into kidney failure and died, and Rascal just started wasting away. He was gone in less than 3 months! I think his heart was broken from loosing Fluffy. It was very hard on my daughter and myself. Fluffy was her kitty and Rascal was mine. My daughter also cried for months after Fluffy passed. She was 16, and Fluffy and Rascal were 14. She didn't know how to go to sleep without Fluffy in her arms.

Anyhow, I'm glad that you are back! I think we all took a break for a while. I have had a hard time getting everything done, and SCS seemed to take the back seat! It is easier to put cards on hold vs. dogs!!!

Yes, just call the Oregon house and talk to the house director. Tell her you want to start donating hand made cards for the residents to use. I also tell them that the staff can use them to give to the residents, like in the case of birthdays, or just when someone needs a lift!

Here is the info for the houses in Oregon. Not sure which is closest to you!

RONALD MCDONALD HOUSES (3)

Bend Ronald McDonald House

1700 NE Purcell Blvd
Bend, Oregon 97701 USA
Phone: (541) 318-4950
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Oregon :: Home

Ronald McDonald House - East House

2620 N. Commerical Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97227-1631 USA
Phone: 971-230-0710
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington

Ronald McDonald House - West House Waterfront

2115 SW River Pkwy - 5th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97201 USA
Phone: 971-230-0808
Map

RONALD MCDONALD FAMILY ROOMS (1)

Ronald McDonald House of Portland, Inc.

22 Bramhall Street
Maine Medical Center
Portland, Oregon 4102 USA
Phone: 207 780 6282 x334
Map

Old 12-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #1857
Die Cut Diva

Jane

thanks for the info on the Oregon Houses. I will contact them.

Yes, I still have moments when I cry a lot. I went to a movie with my brother on Tuesday night and one scene had one of the "bad guys" vandalizing the house & property of the "good guy." Well, there was a moment when the bad guy found the kitty and it seemed like he was going to kill the kitty. I started crying so hard and so loud, my brother got up and walked out of the theater for a few minutes! As it turned out, the kitty was just taken away - not killed.

Quote:
So soon after you lost Serenity, I'm sure it just knocked the wind out of you! I know that happens sometimes with animals that are close. One passes away, and shortly afterwards, the other passes. It also happens with people, sometimes. It is very hard on the people left behind! I'm sure your heart broke. You poor thing! Big HUGS to you!!! I can understand why you had to just get away for a while.

I had 2 kitty's Fluffy and Rascal. Both were Persian's, who are prone to kidney disease. Fluffy went into kidney failure and died, and Rascal just started wasting away. He was gone in less than 3 months! I think his heart was broken from loosing Fluffy. It was very hard on my daughter and myself. Fluffy was her kitty and Rascal was mine. My daughter also cried for months after Fluffy passed. She was 16, and Fluffy and Rascal were 14. She didn't know how to go to sleep without Fluffy in her arms.

Anyhow, I'm glad that you are back! I think we all took a break for a while. I have had a hard time getting everything done, and SCS seemed to take the back seat! It is easier to put cards on hold vs. dogs!!!

Yes, just call the Oregon house and talk to the house director. Tell her you want to start donating hand made cards for the residents to use. I also tell them that the staff can use them to give to the residents, like in the case of birthdays, or just when someone needs a lift!

Here is the info for the houses in Oregon. Not sure which is closest to you!

RONALD MCDONALD HOUSES (3)

Bend Ronald McDonald House

1700 NE Purcell Blvd
Bend, Oregon 97701 USA
Phone: (541) 318-4950
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Oregon :: Home

Ronald McDonald House - East House

2620 N. Commerical Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97227-1631 USA
Phone: 971-230-0710
Map

Ronald McDonald House - West House Waterfront

2115 SW River Pkwy - 5th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97201 USA
Phone: 971-230-0808
Map

[COLOR=#A5A299][FONT=Futura W01 Book]
Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #1858
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Don't forget to let me know how many cards you drop off! They were expecting some Christmas cards, so that would be great!

Glad you liked the cards!
Will do - Thinking it will be Sunday or possibly tomorrow after the basketball game.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #1859
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Doing the house of the month swap for 2014

Pam, dsp245, has graciously volunteered to host this years house of the month swap! Basically 12 people sign up to send 12 cards monthly to each of the hostesses that sign up for the swap. Each hostess will be the beneficiary of the cards for the month. Those cards will be for the house that they have adopted.

In addition, other people, like Cheryl, mzinkspots, has not adopted a house, but just wants to add to the stash for each house and will send cards monthly to each house.

We have the first 4 months filled already! Won't some of you consider joining us???? There is a link in my siggy!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #1860
Pearl-ExPert

Default Ordering envelopes again!

I'm ordering envelopes again, and would be happy to share at my cost with everyone. There has been a HUGE increase in shipping, so the cost of the envelopes is now $3.50/100, which is still a great price. You could order your own from the company and get them for the same price, if you order in quantities of 1,000. This really isn't that big of a box- about 11 x 11. The biggest thing is the initial outlay will be about $38 for the envelopes. To get close to the $2/100 price on the sleeves, you would have to buy at least 1,000, which would be about $22. So the initial outlay is about $60.

Let me know what you what to do as soon as possible, because several people already want to get them asap.

Thanks!

Jane
Old 12-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #1861
Linking Queen

Jane,

If you are ordering sleeves plmk details (cost, preferred payment method, due date etc.) ... I do hope to finally actually have cards to send in 2014 (the last few years have had lots of craft chaos) and I don't have a convenient source for a reasonable quantity.

Thanks and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #1862
Pearl-ExPert

Default These are the sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
Jane,

If you are ordering sleeves plmk details (cost, preferred payment method, due date etc.) ... I do hope to finally actually have cards to send in 2014 (the last few years have had lots of craft chaos) and I don't have a convenient source for a reasonable quantity.

Thanks and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

500 Pcs 4 5 8 x5 3 4 A2 O Clear Card Cello Poly Cellophane Bags Envelopes | eBay

They are open ended, but fit an A2 card and envelope. I order them in bulk, and offer they to Ronald McDonald House participants for my cost, which is $2/100 sleeves. I also ship things with a commercial rate, which is usually less than parcel post, in most cases.

A2 - Arrow? White . Heinrich Envelope

These are the envelopes I order. I can offer them for $3.50/100. That is what my price ends up being.

Shipping is usually from approx. $5 to $8 when I send it Regional rate.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #1863
Linking Queen

Thanks for the info Jane. Are you planning to order sleeves? I (think) O read you were ordering envelopes but I'm well-stocked on them.

Thanks again for being so helpful and dedicated.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #1864
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Jane--I am taking around 100 Christmas Cards along with two bags of stamping supplies to the Wauwatosa RMH tomorrow. I have more cards and supplies to take too, but I will do that after the first of the year.
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 12-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #1865
Pearl-ExPert

Default I have sleeves if you want some.

Quote:
Thanks for the info Jane. Are you planning to order sleeves? I (think) O read you were ordering envelopes but I'm well-stocked on them.

Thanks again for being so helpful and dedicated.
I had just put in an order for sleeves, so if you want some of them, let me know. I usually have people send me money with PayPal, so hopefully that works for you, too.

Let me know what you want to do.

Jane.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #1866
Pearl-ExPert

Default wow! that sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Jane--I am taking around 100 Christmas Cards along with two bags of stamping supplies to the Wauwatosa RMH tomorrow. I have more cards and supplies to take too, but I will do that after the first of the year.
Thanks for letting me know! I will add them to my totals! I just sent them some cards, too, but I didn't have any Christmas cards in their box.

Hugs, Jane
Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #1867
Linking Queen

Quote:
I had just put in an order for sleeves, so if you want some of them, let me know. I usually have people send me money with PayPal, so hopefully that works for you, too.

Let me know what you want to do.

Jane.
My DH has a PayPal account (I keep resisting because it'd be too easy for me to spend too much online). I'm working late - which means coming home after hours of snow - but will leave him a note for his account (I can't remember it) and then I'll PM you so you can send him an invoice. I'd like up to 200 if you have that many to spare.

Thanks again!

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 12-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #1868
SCS RAK Coordinator

Jane--they were happy to get Christmas Cards as the lady who met me said they needed them. The woman I usually talk to is out on maternity leave. I will bring more cards and supplies in January.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #1869
Pearl-ExPert

Default Wonderful, Barb!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Jane--they were happy to get Christmas Cards as the lady who met me said they needed them. The woman I usually talk to is out on maternity leave. I will bring more cards and supplies in January.
I just sent them a box of cards, but I don't think I had any Christmas cards in the box! I'll see if I have some extra ones and send them a few more Christmas cards, hopefully! I usually just mail the cards to them.

Do you want to join our house of the month swap for 2014??? We haven't had many people join yet!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1870
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Sounds good, Tina!

Quote:
My DH has a PayPal account (I keep resisting because it'd be too easy for me to spend too much online). I'm working late - which means coming home after hours of snow - but will leave him a note for his account (I can't remember it) and then I'll PM you so you can send him an invoice. I'd like up to 200 if you have that many to spare.

Thanks again!

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Do you want to join us in our 2014 RMD house of the month swap??? There is a link in my siggy! We would love to have you!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #1871
SCS RAK Coordinator

Sure-I will check it out.

Quote:
I just sent them a box of cards, but I don't think I had any Christmas cards in the box! I'll see if I have some extra ones and send them a few more Christmas cards, hopefully! I usually just mail the cards to them.

Do you want to join our house of the month swap for 2014??? We haven't had many people join yet!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1872
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Will do - Thinking it will be Sunday or possibly tomorrow after the basketball game.
These will be dropped off this Saturday. too much going on over the weekend and during this week. I think they will still have enough time to use them.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #1873
Linking Queen

Quote:
Do you want to join us in our 2014 RMD house of the month swap??? There is a link in my siggy! We would love to have you!
Despite much effort, my craft space is still ... and this is an understatement ... very chaotic. I do hope to fix this over the winter so it will be easier (and faster) to make cards. I'd be honored to donate to this awesome cause once this happens. In fact, this is one of my incentives to get "functionally organized" ... That and I'd like to adopt a local-ish house where some relatives stayed.

DH forgot to give me his Paypal info so I will have to remind him tomorrow.

Happy holidays!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1874
Pearl-ExPert

Default Not a problem!

Quote:
Despite much effort, my craft space is still ... and this is an understatement ... very chaotic. I do hope to fix this over the winter so it will be easier (and faster) to make cards. I'd be honored to donate to this awesome cause once this happens. In fact, this is one of my incentives to get "functionally organized" ... That and I'd like to adopt a local-ish house where some relatives stayed.

DH forgot to give me his Paypal info so I will have to remind him tomorrow.

Happy holidays!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
When you get me the info, I'll send you a money request. I think the shipping will be around $5. I think that the small flat rate box would work best. Just let me know how many packages of sleeves you want. They come in packs of 100 for $2 each.

Jane
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #1875
Pearl-ExPert

Default That should be fine!

Quote:
These will be dropped off this Saturday. too much going on over the weekend and during this week. I think they will still have enough time to use them.
Even if the staff use some of the cards to give each of the residents one! I think that is just as important! I think they have 28 rooms in the Madison house, unless they added more when they did the remodel.

Let me know how many you have to drop off!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #1876
Pearl-ExPert

Default Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the day!

Hugs!
Jane
Old 12-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #1877
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Jane
Just sent you a PM about needing more envies & sleeves.
Let me know what I owe you. Thanks so much! Sandra
Old 12-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #1878
Pearl-ExPert

Default Sounds good, Sandra!

Hope life has been treating you good lately! I'm trying to get one SCS more these days. It has been kind of crazy this past year, and I got kind of discombobulated! I think that the 2 surgeries, kitchen remodel, house repainting, 86 yo mother-in-law for 6 mths and then moving both of my kids kind of got the best of me!

My husband is working over Christmas. He is on call for both Christmas and New Years, so we aren't going to be able to go visit the families during the holidays, but I was able to arrange to be able to go down right after the New Year. My hubby will stay home and hold down the fort until the end of the month, and then he has signed up for a conference in So. Florida, so that will be nice to get away from the cold and snow up here! Actually, it's the sun that I miss in the winter! I do use a Sun-Lite, which helps, but I still want to hibernate for the winter! LOL!

Talk soon!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Jane
Old 12-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #1879
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Jane

I dropped off 125 cards to the Ronald McDonald House (West) in Portland, OR , yesterday.

I met the Guest Services Specialist, Cathryn, yesterday. A wonderful woman. We talked for a while and it seems like the House could use cards on a regular basis so I'll be taking some up there from time to time.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1880
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Even if the staff use some of the cards to give each of the residents one! I think that is just as important! I think they have 28 rooms in the Madison house, unless they added more when they did the remodel.

Let me know how many you have to drop off!

Hugs,
Jane
delivered 65 holiday/christmas cards today I battled the beltline after work!