Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #1761
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Default A rainy Saturday...

...but at least it's not snow!!! BUT, the ground isn't really thawed yet, so it would not be great if it rained heavily because then we will have more flooding! We already have a little because of the snow melt. I live in a low lying area with a lot of marshes. The Horicon Marsh, which is where the Canada Geese make a stop on their way back and forth to Canada, is very close to my house!

The good news is that every day, I can see more and more of the lawn and more and more birds!

It is a great day for stamping! Maybe my husband will bring me some stuff that I can work on this afternoon! I think I'm finally up to doing more than laying around and sleeping/resting, because my Physical Therapy is wearing me out!

Hugs,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #1762
Die Cut Diva

Default A rainy Monday...

I guess the spring showers have officially started! We now have flood warnings!

On a good note, my PT on my knee is going good, and I think I'm going to be able to move into the regular house this weekend! I've been staying in the garage apt, which is handicapped accessible!

YEAH!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #1763
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I guess the spring showers have officially started! We now have flood warnings!

On a good note, my PT on my knee is going good, and I think I'm going to be able to move into the regular house this weekend! I've been staying in the garage apt, which is handicapped accessible!

YEAH!
Stay safe dear friend! Glad the PT is going well. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #1764
Mad Swapper

Jane, glad things are going better. I took 100 cards into the Little Rock house today.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #1765
Die Cut Diva

Heart Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes!

They must be working, because I keep improving, day by day! I am back in the big house, and I believe that it is making me stronger, because I have to walk more just to get from one end to the other! PT wore me out on Monday...I was so sore that I couldn't fall asleep that evening. I'm praying that each day goes better, because I'm going again on Thursday.

Martha, thanks for letting me know about the cards, I'll add them to my totals.

I also got cards in from Sally(animallover) and Sherry(Sherry_Lynn) for my RMD Houses! I posted pics on the multi house swap pages, if you are interested!

Hugs and Blessings to you all!

Jane
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #1766
Die Cut Diva

Heart

Jane

WOW!!! I haven't been checking in with you / this thread for many weeks now. I have really missed a lot of news!

You have a NEW knee? Well...how long is the warrantee? 20,000 miles?

About a month ago I over did the yard work over a 4 day period...I have major pain in my left elbow (tennis / gardeners elbow) now. It hasn't gone away and I'm getting anxious to go clean up the yard & pull more weeds. I know what you mean by "pain" although at least I can just not use my arm whereas no using a leg is much, much harder. My knees hurt a lot when I try to stand up or (heaven forbid) get up off the floor and I frequently worry about them not working for me some day. It would be a MAJOR embarrassment to have my knee give out on me when I'm trying to get up from a table at a restaurant or at the library.

Get better day-by-day!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #1767
Die Cut Diva

Heart

Jane

I forgot why I dropped by the thread in the first place....

I could use some more clear envelopes/sleeves when you have a chance to ship them. Maybe 400 clear sleeves and the same for plain white envelopes too.

I've been making cards for my troops. My Saturday Stampers group has been making cards and my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators in my area have been giving me their card fronts (with retired product on them). So I've collected lots of cards! Need to marry them up with envies & sleeves then ship off.

OBTW - I'll send some assortments to our RMHC's too.
Spread the love.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #1768
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks, Sandra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jane

WOW!!! I haven't been checking in with you / this thread for many weeks now. I have really missed a lot of news!

You have a NEW knee? Well...how long is the warrantee? 20,000 miles?

About a month ago I over did the yard work over a 4 day period...I have major pain in my left elbow (tennis / gardeners elbow) now. It hasn't gone away and I'm getting anxious to go clean up the yard & pull more weeds. I know what you mean by "pain" although at least I can just not use my arm whereas no using a leg is much, much harder. My knees hurt a lot when I try to stand up or (heaven forbid) get up off the floor and I frequently worry about them not working for me some day. It would be a MAJOR embarrassment to have my knee give out on me when I'm trying to get up from a table at a restaurant or at the library.

Get better day-by-day!
I am working really hard to get better, and I am!!! Each day, I can feel myself getting stronger and I'm able to do more and more!!

I was at the point where my knee would give out underneath me, and it did happen one time at a restaurant! I took my daughter and a friend out for dinner and we shared a bottle of wine. So, it was just a little over a glass of wine each, BUT, when I stood up, my knee buckled, and I grabbed the table to catch myself, and the table was on a pedestal, and therefore was not as stable as I needed. SO, you can guess where I'm going with this... the table tipped, and things went flying! I was able to finally catch myself with the chair, so I didn't go down with the table, thank God! BUT, my daughter was embarrassed because the bottle of wine went flying off the table and she thought it looked like we were plastered! DEFINITELY not the best night of my life!!!

I end up getting cortisone shots in my elbows, wrists, knees and fingers for pain and inflammation. At least now, I shouldn't need any in my knee anymore! The good news is that my other knee is good!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #1769
Die Cut Diva

Default No problem!

Quote:
Jane

I forgot why I dropped by the thread in the first place....

I could use some more clear envelopes/sleeves when you have a chance to ship them. Maybe 400 clear sleeves and the same for plain white envelopes too.

I've been making cards for my troops. My Saturday Stampers group has been making cards and my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators in my area have been giving me their card fronts (with retired product on them). So I've collected lots of cards! Need to marry them up with envies & sleeves then ship off.

OBTW - I'll send some assortments to our RMHC's too.
Spread the love.
I definitely can help you with the envelopes and sleeves. I will try to get it together this weekend and get you an invoice as soon as I can weigh the package.

Let me know how many cards you send to RMD Houses!!!

Congrats on all the cards you have been making! It is GREAT that you have so much help!!! That is WONDERFUL!!! You definitely "Spread the Love" which is AWESOME!!!

Hugs and Blessings!
Jane
Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #1770
Glitter Guru

Hi Jane,

Just read that you had surgery, sounds like you are healing well, that is great! A friend of mine got a new hip a year ago, she is so active right now. After the healing and PT hope you will be strong and able to do what you want!

I am finally getting together cards for the RMHs. I've heard back from both of my local houses and they are interested. So I'll spend the weekend, packing and sorting cards. I will let you know if I need to buy some envies and sleeves from you, need to see what I already have first (lol, a bit of a hoarder here!). And will give you totals to add as I get them delivered.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement, this is such a great project!

Oops, forgot to let you know, they are the Long Branch and New Brunswick houses in NJ.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #1771
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I am working really hard to get better, and I am!!! Each day, I can feel myself getting stronger and I'm able to do more and more!!

I was at the point where my knee would give out underneath me, and it did happen one time at a restaurant! I took my daughter and a friend out for dinner and we shared a bottle of wine. So, it was just a little over a glass of wine each, BUT, when I stood up, my knee buckled, and I grabbed the table to catch myself, and the table was on a pedestal, and therefore was not as stable as I needed. SO, you can guess where I'm going with this... the table tipped, and things went flying! I was able to finally catch myself with the chair, so I didn't go down with the table, thank God! BUT, my daughter was embarrassed because the bottle of wine went flying off the table and she thought it looked like we were plastered! DEFINITELY not the best night of my life!!!
Jane
I know this was not funny at the time but I was almost rolling on the floor laughing when I read this. Talk about whatever can go wrong will go wrong! Yes, I can see your daughter just dying of embarrassment from this experience. One little bottle of wine between 3 people is barely enough for a decent taste of wine! But you know how people imagine things. Although I can't drink anymore (due to a variety of medications), this type of embarrassing situation is always in the back of my mind when I get up from a table or even getting out of the chair in a movie theater! Let's hope I have a sense of humor and laugh when it happens to me.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #1772
Die Cut Diva

Jane

I sent 20 cards to Barb (March RMH) and 20 cards to Pam (April RMH).

Don't knock yourself out getting the envies & sleeves to the post office. I have about 125 of each right now and I'm patient. If I don't have envies & sleeves, I just spend the time making more cards. [And, this time of year, doing some gardening in between rainy Oregon days.]

Thanks for ALL you do!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1773
Die Cut Diva

Cool Good to hear from you, Kathleen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Hi Jane,

Just read that you had surgery, sounds like you are healing well, that is great! A friend of mine got a new hip a year ago, she is so active right now. After the healing and PT hope you will be strong and able to do what you want!

I am finally getting together cards for the RMHs. I've heard back from both of my local houses and they are interested. So I'll spend the weekend, packing and sorting cards. I will let you know if I need to buy some envies and sleeves from you, need to see what I already have first (lol, a bit of a hoarder here!). And will give you totals to add as I get them delivered.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement, this is such a great project!

Oops, forgot to let you know, they are the Long Branch and New Brunswick houses in NJ.
Kathleen,

I have plenty of sleeves and envelopes, so just let me know if you need some. I'm happy to hear that you have some time to get some cards together for those 2 houses in NJ! I know that they are going to love them!

Thanks also for your well wishes! I am healing very nicely, and usually see improvement every day. I can't wait to be like your friend, and be able to start all of my activities again! It is a slow loss of function, so little by little you give up things that you love because it hurts too much to do them. I know that the pain I'm experiencing now is temporary, though, and will all be worth it in the end! Even though I still hurt and PT is brutal at times, I still can walk more than I was able to walk before surgery!

I can't wait to hear your totals for your houses! We are creeping slowly towards 15K cards, and with each passing number, I get more and more excited! We are only about 120+ cards away from 14K! It's so close, I can taste it!!! NEVER in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this! AND I have all of you ladies to thank for it! It would never have been possible to do this by myself!

HUGS and HATS OFF to all of you!

Jane
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1774
Die Cut Diva

Default The weather in WI is like OR one min...

Quote:
Jane

I sent 20 cards to Barb (March RMH) and 20 cards to Pam (April RMH).

Don't knock yourself out getting the envies & sleeves to the post office. I have about 125 of each right now and I'm patient. If I don't have envies & sleeves, I just spend the time making more cards. [And, this time of year, doing some gardening in between rainy Oregon days.]

Thanks for ALL you do!
Then, Alaska the next! Our weather has been crazy! We had snow today!!! It really didn't stick to the ground, except in the shade, but it looked like a blizzard all day today!!!

I'm getting some card stuff out and seeing if I can stand sitting at my craft table for a while! Actually, I use my dining room table as a craft table, but whose counting!!! LOL! I'll let you know how it goes!

Hugs!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #1775
Die Cut Diva

Last night I went to the monthly meeting by my Upline for Stampin' Up!....several of the gals had some card fronts and even full cards they gave to me. Turns out, it's a full grocery bag full of parts/wholes for me to work with!

Jane
I may be sending some to you to distribute to your Houses!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #1776
Die Cut Diva

Default That would be GREAT!!!!

Quote:
Last night I went to the monthly meeting by my Upline for Stampin' Up!....several of the gals had some card fronts and even full cards they gave to me. Turns out, it's a full grocery bag full of parts/wholes for me to work with!

Jane
I may be sending some to you to distribute to your Houses!
I'd be happy to have some and share them with other house adopters or just make them into cards and send them to some houses! That's a LOT of card fronts!!!

Thanks,
Jane
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #1777
Die Cut Diva

Cool spring has sprung!

The tulips are finally starting to bloom in WI, which unofficially means that spring has sprung! I hope that means that no more snow will fly! Last year, after the tulips bloomed, we got a HUGE snowfall on top of them! Most of them survived, but it really was a blow to my feeling of spring, especially since it was such an early spring last year! With the late coming of spring this year, I'm praying that this is the end of the white stuff!!!

Hope everyone is having a good spring in their state!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #1778
Die Cut Diva

You're telling ME?! I'm sitting here at my dining room table (my work space) looking at all the card fronts & the table is almost covered and I've only got part of the bag out.

I can send some to you so you can pass them on to houses.

Quote:
I'd be happy to have some and share them with other house adopters or just make them into cards and send them to some houses! That's a LOT of card fronts!!!
Thanks, Jane
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1779
Die Cut Diva

Oh, Jane...

Forgot to ask...

How ARE YOU DOING????

Did you send me the sleeves & envelopes? Have I missed them? Did I forget to pay you for them???

I'm so forgetful these days, I don't remember what I'm doing from minute to minute...and definitely forget things from day to day!

Sandra
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1780
Mad Swapper

I am cleaning out my craft room and have listed a lot of retired stamps on the buy and sell forum, See any you want just let me know!

STAMPIN UP RETIRED STAMP SETS FOR SALE
Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #1781
Die Cut Diva

Red face No memory left...

Quote:
Oh, Jane...

Forgot to ask...

How ARE YOU DOING????

Did you send me the sleeves & envelopes? Have I missed them? Did I forget to pay you for them???

I'm so forgetful these days, I don't remember what I'm doing from minute to minute...and definitely forget things from day to day!

Sandra
OMG! I TOTALLY forgot about the envies and sleeves!!! I will get them packed up for you tomorrow and I'll let you know when they are postal. How many did you want again??? I'll send you a paypal request as soon as I get them packed up for the weight.

I'm doing good, but still hurt in and out of therapy. Par for the course, I hear. I FINALLY made the exercise bike go completely around last week! It has been very hard to just get there, and I've just been rocking back and forth with this for weeks, close, but not there yet! FINALLY! No actually bike riding until I don't have to warm up back and forth, though, according to my therapist! I am getting my bike tuned up and ready to go, though! It's been years since I've ridden! Used to take the kids for rides around the neighborhood on the back when they were babies. We all enjoyed that!

Thanks for checking in on me! I'm also in the process of getting my kitchen remodeled. I've been planning on doing this for years, and it has been put on hold for 10 years in a row, now. I just said that I wasn't going to let my knee let this project go another year, when my cabinets were falling apart, now! BUT, it has been rough, packing up the entire kitchen. They are ripping out our back steps to make the kitchen bigger, too. In this old Victorian I need a bigger kitchen more than I need back steps!

That's what's been going on in my life! What's up with you???
Old 05-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #1782
Die Cut Diva

Heart Beautiful Day in Wisconsin!

another beautiful day in WI! Had a nice day, went out to lunch with a friend and did some window shopping in a nearby small town that still has little dress shops and furniture stores in the downtown! Had a great big salad for lunch, but couldn't resist the peanut butter filled chocolate brownie for dessert!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #1783
Die Cut Diva

Sounds like a lot of FUN and so very relaxing.
I should do this sometime soon.

Quote:
another beautiful day in WI! Had a nice day, went out to lunch with a friend and did some window shopping in a nearby small town that still has little dress shops and furniture stores in the downtown! Had a great big salad for lunch, but couldn't resist the peanut butter filled chocolate brownie for dessert!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #1784
Die Cut Diva

Heart WE ALL SHOULD DO THIS MORE OFTEN!!!

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of FUN and so very relaxing.
I should do this sometime soon.
My girlfriend and I decided that we needed to do this more often as well! What a good way to relax and refresh! We both agreed that we ran around doing way too much, always doing for others, yet we rarely take time to just have a day(or even and afternoon) to relax!

I hope you do take some time to enjoy an afternoon with a friend, soon!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #1785
Die Cut Diva

Heart Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday, and all you mother's got to enjoy some time with your children!

ALTHOUGH, I really think that some mother's(especially stay at home mom's) actually deserve a day of relaxation WITHOUT the kids!!!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #1786
Die Cut Diva

Thought I'd give you guys an update on my little kitty, Serenity - the one with the diabetes....

Things have not been going well. At her check up this past Wednesday, her blood glucose level was 625! We increased her insulin from 2 units twice a day to 3 units twice a day. She had lost 2 ounces of body weight since the previous Wednesday check in. Today her blood glucose was a wonderful 155 but she had still lost another 2 ounces in weight. She is eating meat baby food from jars and seems to like it. She's not eating cat food in cans except to lick up the gravy. She hates anything with vegetables.

Thanks for your concern. Please, keep sending good thoughts her way. We truly appreciate it.
Sandra
Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #1787
Glitter Guru

Sorry to hear your kitty is not doing well Sandra. Hope things stabilize for her soon.

Janie, hope you are healing well.

Just wanted to update, I dropped off 70 cards today to the New Brunswick, NJ house. I have an appt. next week to drop some at the Long Branch, NJ house. Will let you know how many after I take them.

Hope you are all having a good week.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #1788
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up It sounds like you are on the right track...

Quote:
Thought I'd give you guys an update on my little kitty, Serenity - the one with the diabetes....

Things have not been going well. At her check up this past Wednesday, her blood glucose level was 625! We increased her insulin from 2 units twice a day to 3 units twice a day. She had lost 2 ounces of body weight since the previous Wednesday check in. Today her blood glucose was a wonderful 155 but she had still lost another 2 ounces in weight. She is eating meat baby food from jars and seems to like it. She's not eating cat food in cans except to lick up the gravy. She hates anything with vegetables.

Thanks for your concern. Please, keep sending good thoughts her way. We truly appreciate it.
Sandra
I do know that it is hard to regulate blood sugar in dogs, especially at first. I've never dealt with a kitty with diabetes, so I don't know if it is the same, but I would assume so. I found this site on-line that talks about homemade cat food for diabetic cats. I would ask my vet if this sounds like a good diet before starting to feed anything, though there is a lot of info on the web about different types of food for your cat.

Recipes:cat food for diabetes | How to make it! l

I'm keeping Serenity in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to you, too, Sandra!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #1789
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for letting me know, Kathleen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Sorry to hear your kitty is not doing well Sandra. Hope things stabilize for her soon.

Janie, hope you are healing well.

Just wanted to update, I dropped off 70 cards today to the New Brunswick, NJ house. I have an appt. next week to drop some at the Long Branch, NJ house. Will let you know how many after I take them.

Hope you are all having a good week.
I'm doing good with my recovery, thanks for asking, Kathleen. I'm at the point now that I hurt when I overdo, so it is a balancing act! I need to do enough to keep my knee moving, but not so much that I over tax it. I'm also still having some bone pain, but again, I sometimes don't know how to limit myself! I am only taking an occasional pain pill, though, so I think that is a good way to judge!

I'll add your cards to out totals! I'm sure that the New Brunswick House loved the cards that you dropped off!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #1790
Die Cut Diva

Default 101...

That's all we need to get us to 14,000 cards!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #1791
Die Cut Diva

Default Envies & Sleeves?

Jane

I know you have days when you don't feel like you are 100% great, so don't feel any pressure.....

When might you be sending some sleeves & envies? I'm really, really low and have possibly a couple 100 cards to send. [I'll even send a bunch to you!]

Hows the renovation going?
Take care of yourself.

P. S. Serenity goes to vet. tomorrow for a check up on her blood glucose & weight.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #1792
Die Cut Diva

Red face Missed this post!

Quote:
Jane

I know you have days when you don't feel like you are 100% great, so don't feel any pressure.....

When might you be sending some sleeves & envies? I'm really, really low and have possibly a couple 100 cards to send. [I'll even send a bunch to you!]

Hows the renovation going?
Take care of yourself.

P. S. Serenity goes to vet. tomorrow for a check up on her blood glucose & weight.
Sorry, Sandra! I am getting things ready for you today! I'll send you the same amount I did the last time, and so the bill will be the same! I'll send you a PM.

Renovations are still coming along! It takes a lot longer when you are doing a bunch of the work yourself!

Hope everything went good with Serenity's check-up!

Hugs!

Jane
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #1793
Die Cut Diva

Cool 46 cards to a RMD House....

...and we will hit 14,000 cards! Linda, seanryan6, just sent in 55 cards to her house in St. Louis!

Thanks, Linda!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #1794
Die Cut Diva

Default Serenity (my kittie) die Wednesday

Obituary
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013, at approximately 4:45 PM, my little Serenity died. She had been ill, diagnosed with feline diabetes on March 19th, 2013. Since then it was a constant battle to regular her blood glucose with insulin injections. Even being a small kittie, she had lost a lot of weight and the diabetes only exacerbated her weight problems. Her name, Serenity, truly defines the type of kittie she was. Very calm, unassuming and quiet, never causing trouble with my other kitties but always being kind and sweet. Last night she was so weak she could not stand up or walk and at about 4:00 AM, I took her into my arms and simply held her. She laid there on my chest for about half an hour and had a severe convulsive event. Afterwards, I took her to the kitchen to see if she needed some food and she wouldn’t eat. Based on earlier guidance from the veterinarian, I gave her some Caro syrup. That seemed to perk her up and she started looking alert and could walk. Then as today progressed she would not eat, would not move around and did not drink any water that I could see. I took her to the veterinarian at 4:15 PM. Her blood glucose was almost 600, her back legs were barely holding her up, she was dehydrated and lethargic. I made the decision to let her go to God.

Sandra
Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1795
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

Sandra I'm so sorry for your loss. It is a difficult decision to make but you have made the choice that was best for her....I hope the wonderful memories of Serenity will help you heal from this loss.

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 05-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #1796
Die Cut Diva

Default So sorry for your loss...

It is to let one of our little ones go, because we love them so much. I'm sure that she knew how much you loved her, right to the end. I hope your happy memories of Serenity can help to heal the pain of your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this sorrow!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 05-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #1797
Mad Swapper

I am so sorry Sandra. They are family and we miss them! Thinking of you and praying for you during this time of loss!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Obituary
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013, at approximately 4:45 PM, my little Serenity died. She had been ill, diagnosed with feline diabetes on March 19th, 2013. Since then it was a constant battle to regular her blood glucose with insulin injections. Even being a small kittie, she had lost a lot of weight and the diabetes only exacerbated her weight problems. Her name, Serenity, truly defines the type of kittie she was. Very calm, unassuming and quiet, never causing trouble with my other kitties but always being kind and sweet. Last night she was so weak she could not stand up or walk and at about 4:00 AM, I took her into my arms and simply held her. She laid there on my chest for about half an hour and had a severe convulsive event. Afterwards, I took her to the kitchen to see if she needed some food and she wouldn’t eat. Based on earlier guidance from the veterinarian, I gave her some Caro syrup. That seemed to perk her up and she started looking alert and could walk. Then as today progressed she would not eat, would not move around and did not drink any water that I could see. I took her to the veterinarian at 4:15 PM. Her blood glucose was almost 600, her back legs were barely holding her up, she was dehydrated and lethargic. I made the decision to let her go to God.

Sandra

So very sorry Sandra, how terribly difficult for you. Sending much love & hugs.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #1799
Glitter Guru

Sandra, so sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you.

Jane, wanted to let you know that I mailed 100 cards to the Long Branch NJ house this week. Intended to deliver them, but things got chaotic, and I wanted to get them there. Hope your reno is going well, that is always a big job.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #1800
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Jane, hope it is okay to put in a special request for a boy I have been following for several years. Tyler lives in SC however comes to Baltimore for surgery & this surgery is #57 for him which was not successful. Anyway his mom & grandmother are staying at the RMH in Baltimore and asked if cards could be sent to him. Tyler is extremely depressed, tried to pull his tubes out and they have him heavily sedated. The incision is from ear to ear and they could not put the artificial jaw in.

Forgive me, truly do not want to overstep the bounds for this thread, just feel so sad for this kid who has gone through so much in his 12 years.

All cards to be mailed to
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Baltimore, Inc.
Tyler Tucker's Room 203
635 W Lexington St.
Baltimore, MD 21201- 1546

Tyler will be in critical care for a few days. He would love to have cards to look at and hopefully lift his spirits.

CaringBridge / Tyler Tucker / Journal