Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #1721
Mad Swapper

Jane, just a note to tell you I took 140 cards into Little Rock Saturday to the Ronald McDonald House. I met 3 different workers and received gracious appreciation for all the work we do. Thanks to all the ladies who helped to make this possible.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #1722
Die Cut Diva

Jane

How are you? Is everythink OK? Haven't seen any chatter from you. Of course, I've been off the computer for a few days. Haven't been able to eat...got some kind of stomach bug. YUCK! I try to sleep in between visits to the "little girls room."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #1723
Pearl-ExPert

Red face I've been sick with migraines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jane

How are you? Is everythink OK? Haven't seen any chatter from you. Of course, I've been off the computer for a few days. Haven't been able to eat...got some kind of stomach bug. YUCK! I try to sleep in between visits to the "little girls room."
Sandra,

Sorry to hear that you have been sick, too! I think the weather has been affecting my migraines. I've had a rough week or two. As much as I hate headaches, I'm glad that I haven't been throwing up! Sometimes my migraines get so bad that I'm sick to my stomach, so I feel for you! I guess it is just that time of the year!

I finally have the sleeves and envies packed up and ready to go! I'll send you a pm with the details!

Feel better...

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #1724
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks for all you do, Martha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Jane, just a note to tell you I took 140 cards into Little Rock Saturday to the Ronald McDonald House. I met 3 different workers and received gracious appreciation for all the work we do. Thanks to all the ladies who helped to make this possible.
It is so nice that you are able to drop the cards off in person! It is gratifying to see how much the cards are appreciated! I can sometimes drop them off in person, but most of the time, I mail them. I feel great about getting the cards out to the houses in the mail, but it isn't as gratifying as when you drop them off in person!

I'll get those cards added to my totals!

Hugs,

Jane
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #1725
Die Cut Diva

Jane

I'm back amongst the living!!!!
I just sent you a PM about the envies.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #1726
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up TGIF!

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better, Sandra! This has been a rough winter for flu! I'll check out your pm!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #1727
Die Cut Diva

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm dashing off to Michaels (next town over from me) to pick up some refills for my Xyron adhesive machine. Making lots of cards and running out of this sticky. Gotta get it while I have a current coupon.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #1728
Pearl-ExPert

Default can you post some pictures?

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm dashing off to Michaels (next town over from me) to pick up some refills for my Xyron adhesive machine. Making lots of cards and running out of this sticky. Gotta get it while I have a current coupon.
of the cards that you make with your Xyron? I have one, and NEVER use it! Maybe I need a tutorial for using it! I used it once for some lettering that I wanted for some cards, and then never used the letters on the cards, because I did them a different way!

Oh Well! It's not the first time I've not used something I've purchased! I have a Craft ROBO which is the original Silhouette/cricut computerized cutting machine.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #1729
Die Cut Diva

I had my Xyron machines (3 sizes) for several years before I actually started using them. Now I can't put them away! Now that I make lots & lots of cards, I don't like using those tape dispensers that put only a narrow line of sticky down the card at each pass. I like lots of sticky because I've gotten cards that have "come unglued" due to not enough sticky.

I bought 1 adhesive cartridge at Michaels with a 50% off coupon then I went over to Joann's and bought 2 of the 5" wide cartridges and one 2.5" cartridge. Joann's had them on sale for 40% off! That should keep me busy for a month or two!

Lettering would be difficult because of the (usually) small sizes of the letters! I think letters are very tedious to do. The only letters I use are at least 1.5" tall and then I use the little "X" Xyron for the adhesive.

What size Xyron do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
of the cards that you make with your Xyron? I have one, and NEVER use it! Maybe I need a tutorial for using it! I used it once for some lettering that I wanted for some cards, and then never used the letters on the cards, because I did them a different way!

Oh Well! It's not the first time I've not used something I've purchased! I have a Craft ROBO which is the original Silhouette/cricut computerized cutting machine.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #1730
Linking Queen

Default Xyron Adhesives

I love my Xyron machines (an X, a 500 and a 250). The best regular price I've found is at Walmart (works out to the price at the chain craft stores less 40% so the coupon could be used for something else). If I can't find the size I need I will often order it as ship to store to avoid shipping fees.

Not sure if this holds true for everyone's location but it's something to consider. And many national drugstores have craft items (online only) so if you shop online it's another source to consider (it can be added to the household budget vs the craft budget )

I try to remember to run my cs/paper thru the Xyron before dry embossing or diecutting so the adhesive will be in the nooks and crannies. Sometimes I forget but I'll choose my Xyron.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #1731
Die Cut Diva

Tina

I have the same 3 sizes as you have!
I will have to check our Walmart and see what their prices are. I really don't like the business practices (how they treat their people, etc.) but I have to admit they frequently have good prices! And, I've bought a couple of things online and the free shipping to the store is a great $$$ saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
I love my Xyron machines (an X, a 500 and a 250). The best regular price I've found is at Walmart (works out to the price at the chain craft stores less 40% so the coupon could be used for something else). If I can't find the size I need I will often order it as ship to store to avoid shipping fees.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #1732
Linking Queen

Quote:
Tina

I have the same 3 sizes as you have!
I will have to check our Walmart and see what their prices are. I really don't like the business practices (how they treat their people, etc.) but I have to admit they frequently have good prices! And, I've bought a couple of things online and the free shipping to the store is a great $$$ saver.
I love all the sizes I have but would love to someday have the larger one that fits 8.5x11 paper, etc. However, those cartridges are waaaay out of my budget so even if the machine was free I would rarely use it. I tried the cheetah so I could get the same coverage on different sized items but found it hard to use. Most of the time the paper (and even sturdy cardstock) ended up wrinkled. It worked well enough for smaller things but one of my "crank" Xyrons cover those sizes.

BTW, I don't usually see the 250 at Walmart but haven't looked for it online.

And do consider looking at the websites for various chain stores. It's amazing what they carry online that you never see (or would expect to see) in the store. My DH got me Archival Mist and the Ranger/Tim Holtz spinner rack (to hold the handles for applying ink etc.). I haven't compared prices to other sources but he usually has to get something or other for his father so if it's easier for him to shop the more likely I'll get crafty stuff, kwim.

Happy Crafting!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #1733
Pearl-ExPert

Default I think that is my problem!

Quote:
I love all the sizes I have but would love to someday have the larger one that fits 8.5x11 paper, etc. However, those cartridges are waaaay out of my budget so even if the machine was free I would rarely use it. I tried the cheetah so I could get the same coverage on different sized items but found it hard to use. Most of the time the paper (and even sturdy cardstock) ended up wrinkled. It worked well enough for smaller things but one of my "crank" Xyrons cover those sizes.

BTW, I don't usually see the 250 at Walmart but haven't looked for it online.

And do consider looking at the websites for various chain stores. It's amazing what they carry online that you never see (or would expect to see) in the store. My DH got me Archival Mist and the Ranger/Tim Holtz spinner rack (to hold the handles for applying ink etc.). I haven't compared prices to other sources but he usually has to get something or other for his father so if it's easier for him to shop the more likely I'll get crafty stuff, kwim.

Happy Crafting!
I have the big one that fits the 8.5 x 11 paper. That is the only one I have! I think I saw the cost of the cartridge, and I feel like I better have enough stuff on the page so that it is worth the cost of the cartridge. I'm not sure how long a cartridge will last, but I guess it is just wasting money if I don't start using it! I have an extra cartridge, too, that I got at half off or maybe even more. I'm a sale shopper, so I only buy things that are really marked down!

I have some textured paper that I got at Michaels, and I love the way it looks, but the last cards that I made the big background piece didn't stay on very well with my adhesive strips. Next time I use it, I may have to try running it through the xyron. Maybe that will start me using it so it doesn't just sit in my drawer!

Thanks for all the input! If I start using this one on a regular basis, maybe I'll have to invest in one of the smaller machines! I think another problem is that I don't have it sitting out on my desk or even on my shelves. I have it in a drawer with my less used equipment! That is why I don't use it too much! I need to set up a desk, and that way I can leave it out where I will see it and that way I will think about using it more!

Have a great day!

Sandra, your package will go out tomorrow! I forgot they changed the hours of our little post office, and it is only open from 9 am until 10:30 am on Sat!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #1734
Die Cut Diva

Jane

If you are going to put adhesive on small thing, you may want to consider getting the smaller Xyron that's 2.5 inches. It's a HUGE waste of $$$ to use the big machine to do small items. Plus, I think it's much easier to put the small items into the smaller Xyron than to try to line them up properly in the big machine. That's why I have 3 machines....various sizes based on the item I want the adhesive on. Check your sales!

Going postal on Monday! Yippie! Our post office is closed on Saturdays!! We have over 50,000 residents, I would think that would be enough to keep the P.O. open at least for half the day!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #1735
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

As a volunteer for Coles Foundation, wanted to truly stop by again to thank you so much for the blessing you continuous give to RMH all over the country. It means a great deal to the kids and their families.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #1736
Linking Queen

Janiekay,

Since you already have cartridges and the large machine perhaps it would be worthwhile to run full sheets of cardstock (and expecially specialty papers, like textured or emboossed designs) through it and then cut/punch/diecut when ready to design a card.

Xyron gives the best coverage (imo) because it easily covers the entire surface being adhered. I have tape runners that I love but sometimes I don't get it along the entire edge (I rarely do anything in a straight line even if I want to LOL) and then I have to go over the spots I missed and that usually means going over the edge and getting rid of the excess adhesive or using a toothpick and wet glue in the spots I've missed.

Having the machines (and any craft tool) handy makes a huge difference in how frequently it is used. When I first got my diecut/embosser (a purple Wizard by Spellbinders) the only place for it was on top of a high bookshelf. I kept it in the box so it wouldn't get dusty so whenever I did take the energy to find the step stool to get it down I had to wipe off the box and unpack it. It only got used for Christmas cards.

When I finally was able to keep it out on a table I started it using it much more frequently and actually had to replace the cutting pads twice. BTW, at the time I bought them the best price was online at Walmart (and I looked at Spellbinders site for a benchmark price).

So, I hope we all have fun shopping and crafting and get good bargains so we can continue shopping and crafting (budgets are pesky little things that get in the way of all this fun sometimes).

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1737
Die Cut Diva

Heart

Woo Who!!!
Jane has mailed me the envelopes and sleeves! Now I'm going to fast track my card making and do bunches of cards for the various RMHC's on the monthly list and bunches for my troops in Afghanistan.

I mailed out about 75 Easter cards to my troops. Now I want to work on Mother's Day and Father's Day. Holidays come so fast this time of year.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #1738
Glitter Guru

I think it's time I jumped in here, lol. I've stalked for quite a while and thought about it, but need to make a commitment I think.

I'm in NJ. Probably closest to the Long Branch or New Brunswick house (will check on that). I have a million (maybe a little exaggeration) cards just sitting, so I want to sponsor one of these houses. Janie, what is the first step, do I email or call them to see if they are interested? Then, if you have advice on the best places to buy the clear envies for packaging my cards, that would be great. It will probably take me a few weeks to organize a first delivery, I need to sort through and make sure they are good for this time of year, etc. Lastly, when you get together a box, do you sort according to birthday, thinking of you, get well, etc?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me!

Kathy
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #1739
Pearl-ExPert

Default I feel BLESSED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
As a volunteer for Coles Foundation, wanted to truly stop by again to thank you so much for the blessing you continuous give to RMH all over the country. It means a great deal to the kids and their families.
Caterina,

I feel soooo thankful for ALL of the ladies that help out with this project! NEVER in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we would have sent out over 13,000 cards to RMD houses all over the country! I'm still in AWE when I think about it! I started this thread on a whim in 2008, when I was cleaning out my card boxes and realized that I had over 600 cards and thought that there must be something that I can do with so many cards, because I would NEVER be able to use that many cards! Now, here it is 5 years later, and WOW, I'm so impressed that we are still posting and sending cards out to the people who are staying at RMDH.

I know that it is a blessing to them! AND, it is a double blessing for me, because I LOVE to make the cards and it makes me feel so good to be able to help!!!

Hugs and Blessings to everyone who is helping out!

Jane
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #1740
Pearl-ExPert

Default YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
I think it's time I jumped in here, lol. I've stalked for quite a while and thought about it, but need to make a commitment I think.

I'm in NJ. Probably closest to the Long Branch or New Brunswick house (will check on that). I have a million (maybe a little exaggeration) cards just sitting, so I want to sponsor one of these houses. Janie, what is the first step, do I email or call them to see if they are interested? Then, if you have advice on the best places to buy the clear envies for packaging my cards, that would be great. It will probably take me a few weeks to organize a first delivery, I need to sort through and make sure they are good for this time of year, etc. Lastly, when you get together a box, do you sort according to birthday, thinking of you, get well, etc?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me!

Kathy
I'm so happy to have you join us, Kathy!!! That is EXACTLY why I started this project! I had so many that I knew I would never use!

I usually call the house to tell them I want to start donated cards to them because they don't usually answer the e-mails very quickly, if at all! I think that the house director is just too busy and an e-mail about someone wanting to donate cards is not high on the priority list when dealing with family's that have very sick children!!! BUT, they will usually take the time to talk to you when you call! It is usually the house director that you deal with, but in some of the bigger houses, then you will possibly deal with a volunteer coordinator or something like that.

I usually don't sort out the cards, but I usually do try to send holiday cards shortly before the holidays and I also try to send a nice variety of cards. BUT, I think they are happy with whatever cards they get! I think the most used cards are Thank You cards, and I like to make sure to send them kids birthday cards, so that they can send a bunch of cards to any kids that are spending their birthday at the RMD House.

I get my clear plastic sleeves on e-bay from this dealer:

4 to 5.9 wide, 6 to 10.9 wide items in uniquepacking store on eBay!

BUT, if you are interested, I buy the sleeves and white envies in bulk to get the best price and can send them to you at my cost, which is $2/100 for either one. I just mailed Sandra 400 envies and 400 sleeves, plus some extra cards for her troops project for $25, including shipping. It is easy if you have a paypal account, but if not, you can send me a check.

Welcome to our group!!! Let me know which house is best for you! Thanks for stalking us, and thanks even more for finally stopping by!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #1741
Die Cut Diva

Yeah!
I just got my box in the mail!! Yippie. I'm not stocked up to make hundreds more cards for my troops.

Jane - thanks for the cards for my troops! There are so many cute cards in the box. I kinda want to keep them all.....but I won't.

Jane's prices for envies & sleeves is a steal! As long as she is offering, I think we should take advantage of her kindness.

Quote:
I'm so happy to have you join us, Kathy!!! That is EXACTLY why I started this project! I had so many that I knew I would never use!

BUT, if you are interested, I buy the sleeves and white envies in bulk to get the best price and can send them to you at my cost, which is $2/100 for either one. I just mailed Sandra 400 envies and 400 sleeves, plus some extra cards for her troops project for $25, including shipping. It is easy if you have a paypal account, but if not, you can send me a check.

Welcome to our group!!! Let me know which house is best for you! Thanks for stalking us, and thanks even more for finally stopping by!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #1742
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I usually call the house to tell them I want to start donated cards to them because they don't usually answer the e-mails very quickly, if at all! I think that the house director is just too busy and an e-mail about someone wanting to donate cards is not high on the priority list when dealing with family's that have very sick children!!! BUT, they will usually take the time to talk to you when you call! It is usually the house director that you deal with, but in some of the bigger houses, then you will possibly deal with a volunteer coordinator or something like that.

I usually don't sort out the cards, but I usually do try to send holiday cards shortly before the holidays and I also try to send a nice variety of cards. BUT, I think they are happy with whatever cards they get! I think the most used cards are Thank You cards, and I like to make sure to send them kids birthday cards, so that they can send a bunch of cards to any kids that are spending their birthday at the RMD House.

I get my clear plastic sleeves on e-bay from this dealer:

4 to 5.9 wide, 6 to 10.9 wide items in uniquepacking store on eBay!

Hugs,
Jane
Thanks for responding. Right after my post my grandmother took ill. Unfortunately she passed away on Tuesday, so I've been in a bit of chaos this last week. I will get in touch with one of the houses and see if they are interested and let you know. I need to check my envelope and sleeve situation and will let you know if I want to order some through you. I have a bit of a stash from OWH, just need to sort and see what I've got. Will post as things progress. Thanks for you help!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1743
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Sorry for your loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Thanks for responding. Right after my post my grandmother took ill. Unfortunately she passed away on Tuesday, so I've been in a bit of chaos this last week. I will get in touch with one of the houses and see if they are interested and let you know. I need to check my envelope and sleeve situation and will let you know if I want to order some through you. I have a bit of a stash from OWH, just need to sort and see what I've got. Will post as things progress. Thanks for you help!
Kathleen,

I'm so sorry for you about the loss of your grandmother! It is hard when someone you love passes so quickly! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this chaotic time.

Please feel free to take time if you need it to grieve and take care of things with your grandmother, if you need it, before you jump in to working on this project. Sometimes it is good to have things to occupy you during this time.

Hugs,
Jane
Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #1744
Pearl-ExPert

Talking took cards to Madison, WI RMD House

I had some card kits that I wanted to give to the Madison Ronald McDonald House, so I dropped off some extra cards that I had too.

The Marshfield house is mainly for families of premature babies, so they wouldn't use these kits, and it was too big a box to mail to MN!

200 cards

Plus

80 card kits for the kids!

Hope you don't mind that I helped out your house, LJ!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1745
Die Cut Diva

Been working on cards for my Troops and to support the monthly Ronald McDonald Houses. Thanks to the box of envelopes & sleeves (and some already finished cards for my troops), I have about 300 cards ready to ship off to places far & wide.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #1746
Pearl-ExPert

Default That is so fantastic!

Quote:
Been working on cards for my Troops and to support the monthly Ronald McDonald Houses. Thanks to the box of envelopes & sleeves (and some already finished cards for my troops), I have about 300 cards ready to ship off to places far & wide.
WOW! Doesn't that make you feel good??? Thanks for your support! Not only for this project, but also for the support for the troops!!!

Glad that the envies and sleeves are working for you!

Jane
Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #1747
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks for the great advice, Tina!

Quote:
Janiekay,

Since you already have cartridges and the large machine perhaps it would be worthwhile to run full sheets of cardstock (and expecially specialty papers, like textured or emboossed designs) through it and then cut/punch/diecut when ready to design a card.

Xyron gives the best coverage (imo) because it easily covers the entire surface being adhered. I have tape runners that I love but sometimes I don't get it along the entire edge (I rarely do anything in a straight line even if I want to LOL) and then I have to go over the spots I missed and that usually means going over the edge and getting rid of the excess adhesive or using a toothpick and wet glue in the spots I've missed.

Having the machines (and any craft tool) handy makes a huge difference in how frequently it is used. When I first got my diecut/embosser (a purple Wizard by Spellbinders) the only place for it was on top of a high bookshelf. I kept it in the box so it wouldn't get dusty so whenever I did take the energy to find the step stool to get it down I had to wipe off the box and unpack it. It only got used for Christmas cards.

When I finally was able to keep it out on a table I started it using it much more frequently and actually had to replace the cutting pads twice. BTW, at the time I bought them the best price was online at Walmart (and I looked at Spellbinders site for a benchmark price).

So, I hope we all have fun shopping and crafting and get good bargains so we can continue shopping and crafting (budgets are pesky little things that get in the way of all this fun sometimes).

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Sorry it took so long to respond! I was in the middle of answering everyone the other day and ran out of time! It's been hectic getting ready for my surgery! Running in to get x-rays, a pre-op physical, bloodwork, and of course a visit to my cardiologist for a sign off!

I love the idea of just running a full sheet through and then cutting images from there! I'm pretty frugal with my paper, and can really fit most diecuts on a piece of paper to get the max number of images! I TOTALLY believe that things that are easiest to get to are the ones that are used most of all! I forget about things that I can't see!

I'm getting my hubby and son to build me a new set of shelves for my craft room. I want a wall of cubbies. I saw one on the DIY channel or maybe it was HGTV, but I digress! It was basically a wall of cubbie holes for baskets. BUT, I want to use those clear shoe boxes that you get at the dollar store, because that is what I keep most of my stuff in, and you can see through the containers to see what you have in there! OR you can label them. You can also just put paper on the shelves or have a special box for it. Kind of like this for the whole wall!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #1748
Pearl-ExPert

Default more storage ideas...

this is the "whole wall look" that I want! But, I like the desk that is built in to the other one!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #1749
Pearl-ExPert

Default check this out!

When I was trying to find a picture of the cubbie shelves and I found these cool ribbon holder ideas!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #1750
Linking Queen

Cool storage ideas, Jane. Thanks for sharing them. I hope my tip lets you get the most of your Xyron and cartridges.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #1751
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Cool storage ideas, Jane. Thanks for sharing them. I hope my tip lets you get the most of your Xyron and cartridges.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
I dream of a better organized/better planned craft area all the time. My biggest problem is that I buy containers on sale, so none of my stuff matches!!! Maybe one day, I'll buy all the same and then I can use the other things in other areas of my house or sell them in a garage sale!

I'm praying that I'm back on my feet quickly! Hope everyone can help me keep the thread active while I'm recovering!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #1752
Linking Queen

THU afternoon bump
Old 03-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #1753
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Sherry_Lynn Send a message via Skype™ to Sherry_Lynn

I delivered 85 cards to my Bangor, Maine house on Thurs.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #1754
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn View Post
I delivered 85 cards to my Bangor, Maine house on Thurs.
Thanks for letting me know, Sherry! I added them to my totals!

I also sent 200 cards to the Marshfield house on Friday!

Ladies, we are inching so close to 15,000 cards, I can almost taste it!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #1755
Pearl-ExPert

Default got a card of thanks!

Madison, WI Ronald McDonald House just sent a note of thanks to everyone who made cards in the box that I dropped off!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #1756
Pearl-ExPert

Janie--hoping you are recovering nicely from the surgery. take care and just plow through the physicial therapy afterwards....
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #1757
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Happy Easter, everyone!!!

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter celebration and safe travels for all those who are driving this holiday weekend!

I'm 2 weeks out of surgery, tomorrow, and doing very good! I still have some good days and bad days, but it seems like the good are outweighing the bad, now!!! YEAH! I'll try to get on here and post a little more often, but am still not getting on the computer everyday, yet.

I got a card of thanks from the Marshfield RMD House this past week! They loved all the cards and wanted to thank all who helped make them!

HUGS,
Jane
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #1758
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Wishing each of you a Blessed Easter!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1759
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hope everyone's doing good!

AND keeping busy! Life seems like it never slows down, even thought you are supposed to be taking it a little easier! I've slowed way down these past few weeks, but it seems as the days pass, I'm doing more and more each day! I had a very hectic day with some dog emergencies with my rescues the other day, and it wore me out! I took a LONG nap later that afternoon, and woke up tired, still!

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things! Still not home yet, technically I opted to stay in our garage apt that we built for my husband's mom, because it is all handicapped accessible. She comes and spends summers with us. It is right behind our house. I live in an old Victorian, and have stairs everywhere. I'm just happy we had this option, because the other option would have been a nursing home. I didn't think I was ready for that, but I tell you, knee replacement isn't a surgery for wimps! Rehab is brutal, too! BUT, each day, I feel myself improve, even with all the setbacks. I went into the doctor on Monday because I had a hotspot on my knee, and found out I had a hematoma on the front of my knee and a baker's cyst on the back! I guess I'm just the lucky one! Really, I am, though, because the hematoma is already resolving, and sometimes these take a long time to resolve.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Jane
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #1760
Pearl-ExPert

Default Happy Friday!

Spring has finally sprung in WI!!! YEAH!!! This is exciting enough, but to top it off, I'm able to start walking outside by myself!!! Yesterday, I did 2 laps around my house! I live on a corner, and my driveway goes behind my house from one road to the other, so I have a nice easy way to do laps and check my progress!!!

I also did stairs today, so that I was able to go into the big house! Maybe I'll be up to going back to stay over there on a regular basis soon! The only thing that makes me nervous is the dogs. I don't want to trip over one of them and I don't want to trip over the gates I have to contain the dogs in the kitchen area. I actually have gates all over my house, because I need to be able to separate the dogs when I'm not home. My old man is grumpy and doesn't like to be bothered by the other dogs, so it is best if he is in a room to himself when we're not home. PLUS, I have a big dog that plays too rough with the little ones, so I like to put her in her own space when I'm not around to supervise.

So much for my days, how has everyone else been??? Anyone bring any cards to their RMD House lately??? I'm getting antsy to get that number up to 15,000!!!!