Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #1681
Mad Swapper

Default Thanks for asking

The tea party was a success once again, they are now driving themselves here and this year they were all sitting around the tree visiting and some had not left yet when I had to leave for choir practice! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
And you, me, Martha! I wish I could have sent more, but I would have needed a bigger box!!! I couldn't stuff any more in that one! LOL!

Hugs,
Jane

PS: How did your Tea Party with the girls go???
Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #1682
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Default So Nice!

It's wonderful to spend time with the family!

Have a wonderful Holiday season!!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #1683
Die Cut Diva

Jane

I'm very, very confused....

I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and SU! supports RMHC a great deal. We are encouraged to help at local houses, make cards, have card making events at the houses, etc. but it is done through an approval process at SU! Stampin' Up! appoints a lead demonstrator and there must also be at least 7 supporting demos for the House. Not all RMH's have requested SU! support. I don't know if there is an active SU! representative to any of the Oregon houses.

Anyway, to make a long story much shorter....How are you involved with the RMHC's across the country? I think I noticed in a post somewhere that you helped someone with the contact information for a House.

I'd like to help an Oregon RMHC but don't know where to start.

thanks for your help
Sandra
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #1684
Pearl-ExPert

Sandra-Jane is wonderful with all of her links, when she gets on here she can give specific information...if you look at the first page of this thread it looks like there are 3 houses in Oregon...

Thanks so much for thinking about starting a new house...this is a great group to help you along!

Linda
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #1685
Die Cut Diva

Default Not a Stampin' Up PRoject.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jane

I'm very, very confused....

I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and SU! supports RMHC a great deal. We are encouraged to help at local houses, make cards, have card making events at the houses, etc. but it is done through an approval process at SU! Stampin' Up! appoints a lead demonstrator and there must also be at least 7 supporting demos for the House. Not all RMH's have requested SU! support. I don't know if there is an active SU! representative to any of the Oregon houses.

Anyway, to make a long story much shorter....How are you involved with the RMHC's across the country? I think I noticed in a post somewhere that you helped someone with the contact information for a House.

I'd like to help an Oregon RMHC but don't know where to start.

thanks for your help
Sandra
Hi Sandra,

First of all, I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was away visiting family for the holidays, and promised that I wouldn't go on-line while we were away! Can you tell my family thinks I have an internet problem??? LOL!!!

Second,we are not a Stampin' Up sponsored project, we are just a group of stampers here on Splitcoast, who wanted to do more with our stamping and we all agree that Ronald McDonald Houses are where we wanted to focus our attention.

What we do is help the houses with cards. In addition, some of the girls also gather scrapbooking supplies for their house. Plus, some will also provide little treats for the kids at the house. Some of these are things like card kits that the kids can make, stamped projects like prayer boxes, notebooks with pens and magnets-- just to name a few.

We haven't found too many houses that have been adopted by a group of SU demo's. The way we find out is to call the house that you are interested in adopting and ask them if they would be interested in getting handmade cards for the residents and staff to use. The staff usually use the cards for the residents, for example, giving the family's that stay there birthday cards, anniversary cards, and thinking of you cards. If the house director says that the house has already been adopted, as was the case with the St. Louis, MO houses, then, the person can opt to adopt a house a little further away. This is what happened with Linda, so she decided to just mail cards to the Columbia, MO house, instead of being able to just drop them off. I also have to mail my cards, because there are no houses close to me.

We would be thrilled to have you help with this project. As Linda mentioned, there are 3 houses in Oregon, so it would just depend on which house was closest or would like to get cards. I'm here to help anyway that I can, all you have to do is ask. In addition, all the girls on this thread are very supportive of each other! We usually help others with swaps for their houses, and letting others post or advertise their swaps on any of our swaps or threads. This helps to give all projects more exposure.

I look forward to your help with this project! By posting here, I keep the total of all the cards that have gone to our adopted RMD Houses for all to see! Plus, many of the girls keep their individual totals in their siggy, too!

Jane
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #1686
Die Cut Diva

Jane

I am SO GLAD to hear that you kept your internet addiction under control while visiting your family!

I cannot tell you how irritated I get when my friends (with their smart phones) are always playing with their phones, texting, looking up things on the internet, etc. WHILE I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH THEM!!! I don't have a smart phone so I am very un-sympathetic to their dependence on it. I've also had my own issues with the internet, especially online games like Farmville! I can spend HOURS playing that stupid game. I've gone 'cold turkey' from the games...it wasn't easy.

So, I applaud your restraint & control.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #1687
Die Cut Diva

Jane

OK, now to business....

I'm not sure I'm ready to commit full time to supporting a RMH in Oregon. I send lots of cards to our troops over in Afghanistan (and sometimes other locations) so I feel like I'm maxed out on card support right now.

I would like to send cards to each of the RMH's on your monthly list to support the other ladies. I've already sent some cards to January.

Oh, thanks for the very clear explanation about how you and all your crafters are supporting the RMHC! The Stampin' Up! program is (to me) very complicated with all their requirements, group leader, supporting demos, communicating with house rules, what stamps we can use (current product only), etc. It is just too overwhelming for me.

Different subject: On one of your postings you mentioned card sleeves? What are those? Do you have any that I could buy from you? I'd like to send my cards to the RMH's complete and ready to take to the houses. I don't want the receiving SCS member to have to spend time organizing my cards. I'm sure she has many more things to do!
Thanks!!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #1688
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Jane

I am SO GLAD to hear that you kept your internet addiction under control while visiting your family!

I cannot tell you how irritated I get when my friends (with their smart phones) are always playing with their phones, texting, looking up things on the internet, etc. WHILE I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH THEM!!! I don't have a smart phone so I am very un-sympathetic to their dependence on it. I've also had my own issues with the internet, especially online games like Farmville! I can spend HOURS playing that stupid game. I've gone 'cold turkey' from the games...it wasn't easy.

So, I applaud your restraint & control.
I know just what you mean, Sandra! Most of my time on-line is working with the Ronald McDonald House project and also with the dog rescue that I work with! BUT, it seems that I'm always on line or on the phone! I definitely know how irritating it can be to try to hold a conversation with someone when they look like they are more interested in being on line than in person with you!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #1689
Die Cut Diva

Heart Any and all help is appreciated!!!

Quote:
Jane

OK, now to business....

I'm not sure I'm ready to commit full time to supporting a RMH in Oregon. I send lots of cards to our troops over in Afghanistan (and sometimes other locations) so I feel like I'm maxed out on card support right now.

I would like to send cards to each of the RMH's on your monthly list to support the other ladies. I've already sent some cards to January.

Oh, thanks for the very clear explanation about how you and all your crafters are supporting the RMHC! The Stampin' Up! program is (to me) very complicated with all their requirements, group leader, supporting demos, communicating with house rules, what stamps we can use (current product only), etc. It is just too overwhelming for me.

Different subject: On one of your postings you mentioned card sleeves? What are those? Do you have any that I could buy from you? I'd like to send my cards to the RMH's complete and ready to take to the houses. I don't want the receiving SCS member to have to spend time organizing my cards. I'm sure she has many more things to do!
Thanks!!
Helping with the project in whatever way you can is wonderful! I never even heard about the Stampin' Up program for RMDH before, and that is probably why so many demo's don't do it, because it is just too much to coordinate. The way we do it is we just bring them cards whenever we can. Some of the girls are help their house more, and some less. The point is that if we bring them (or mail them) cards whenever we have some extra's, they have more than they did before!

When one of the girls does a swap, and we can send cards to help, it not only helps the girl holding the swap, it helps everyone at her RMDH!!!

Regarding the card sleeves, they are the plastic card protectors that are on cards when you buy them at the store. It is nice to have them, because it keeps the cards nice and clean, so they don't have a lot of fingerprints or germs. They also keep the embellishments nice and neat, so they don't get torn or bent when looking through the cards.

I buy them in bulk, and get the open ended ones, which to me are the easiest. I sell them to you at cost, which is $2/100 I also get envies in bulk, which are also $2/100. I do charge you the shipping, too, which just depends on how I send it. I have a business mail account, so I get discounted postage. The way I do it is I just send you a PayPal invoice and after you pay it, I mail them out to you. All you have to do is PM me your paypal name and how many you want. If you would rather purchase the envelopes and sleeves yourself, here are the links:

For sleeves: 4 to 5.9 wide, 6 to 10.9 wide items in uniquepacking store on eBay!

For envies: Heinrich Envelope - Creator, Converter and Printer of Envelopes

Thanks for helping out with the monthly swap! By having extra girls help, it gives them more cards for their house, without more work! Also, thanks for helping out with the cards for the troops! I know that they appreciate getting cards, and that way they know someone is thinking about them while they are over there!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #1690
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I know just what you mean, Sandra! Most of my time on-line is working with the Ronald McDonald House project and also with the dog rescue that I work with! BUT, it seems that I'm always on line or on the phone! I definitely know how irritating it can be to try to hold a conversation with someone when they look like they are more interested in being on line than in person with you!!!
I can see why you are online & on the phone so much since you are doing a lot of work for RMHC and the doggies. Work is one thing but people who want to surf the web or text while talking to me.... Drives me NUTS!!

what do you do for the doggies? I donate materials (food, snacks, cleaning supplies, kitten formula, litter, etc.) to our local humane society. I can't volunteer there (tried several times in the past), it's too heart-breaking for me. Those sweet little faces tell me they want to come home with me. I can't take everyone home - even though that would be fun. Luckily the shelter is a 'no kill' facility!! All my animals have been rescued or gotten from people who no longer want their animals. I've NEVER bought from a store.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1691
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Helping with the project in whatever way you can is wonderful! I never even heard about the Stampin' Up program for RMDH before, and that is probably why so many demo's don't do it, because it is just too much to coordinate.

Regarding the card sleeves, they are the plastic card protectors that are on cards when you buy them at the store. It is nice to have them, because it keeps the cards nice and clean, so they don't have a lot of fingerprints or germs.

I buy them in bulk, and get the open ended ones, which to me are the easiest. I sell them to you at cost, which is $2/100 I also get envies in bulk, which are also $2/100. I do charge you the shipping, too, which just depends on how I send it. I have a business mail account, so I get discounted postage. The way I do it is I just send you a PayPal invoice and after you pay it, I mail them out to you. All you have to do is PM me your paypal name and how many you want. If you would rather purchase the envelopes and sleeves yourself, here are the links:

Thanks for helping out with the monthly swap!
Hugs,
Jane
Jane

Again, a great explanation and I'm not in the least confused (I get easily confused).

Yeah, the Stampin' Up! program for RMHC is complex and has a lot of rules! I like your way of doing things much better.

I went to the two websites you listed. I see the clear sleeves. Stampin' Up! sells clear envelopes (similar to the ones sold by the company with the open-ended sleeves) but the price is much more expensive. The sleeves make a lot of sense!

OK, I would like to get envelopes and sleeves. I don't have a PayPal account/name. You aren't the first person to ask about this. I guess I'll just have to get one. Those PayPal people must be making a lot of money! There are thousands of people using PayPal to buy and sell things. I think PayPal has a corner on that market idea. I'll talk to my brother, he knows things like PayPal, and see what I need to do to get an account (like I said, I get easily confused & overwhelmed).

Thanks! Sandra
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #1692
Die Cut Diva

Heart Everyone should adopt from a shelter or rescue!

Quote:
I can see why you are online & on the phone so much since you are doing a lot of work for RMHC and the doggies. Work is one thing but people who want to surf the web or text while talking to me.... Drives me NUTS!!

what do you do for the doggies? I donate materials (food, snacks, cleaning supplies, kitten formula, litter, etc.) to our local humane society. I can't volunteer there (tried several times in the past), it's too heart-breaking for me. Those sweet little faces tell me they want to come home with me. I can't take everyone home - even though that would be fun. Luckily the shelter is a 'no kill' facility!! All my animals have been rescued or gotten from people who no longer want their animals. I've NEVER bought from a store.
That is wonderful, Sandra! If only everyone would adopt instead of buying a puppy! Then, we would put puppy mills out of business!

I foster dogs that come into our rescue, because we are a foster based rescue. We don't have a facility like most humane societies do. I'm also a Representative for the rescue, so I also supervise foster homes and find adoptive homes for the dogs, and I arrange for medical care for those that need it(most do). We are a tri-state rescue that works mostly in IL, IN, and WI, although we also take dogs from other states and we adopt to people in other surrounding states like MN, IA, and MI. It is really almost a full time job in and of itself, but I love working with the dogs and I LOVE finding wonderful, loving homes for them. There is no better feeling than when I get pictures and updates of my foster dogs and how well they are being treated in their new homes! Yes, it is hard to give them up after fostering them, but as you said, I can't keep them all, and every time I get a foster adopted, it makes room to take another needy doxie into rescue!

Last year, we took in 264 doxies in need. The year before, we took in 225 and spent about $110,000 in vet bills!!! SO, another thing I do is plan fundraisers, because we have to find money to pay those vet bills! In addition, we usually hold adoption events where people can meet foster dogs in their area. We won't adopt at this event, but after they meet the dog, they can put in an application to adopt.

It is wonderful that you donate items to your local shelter! They can only survive with outside help! For example, if you noticed we spent about $500/dog that we brought in, on average, but our average adoption fee is only $250. If you want to check out my rescue, we are on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/MidWesDacRe...tream&__req=5k
We'd love it if you "liked" us!!!

and our website is MidWest Dachshund Rescue, Inc. - Available Dachshunds

Thanks for all you do for your local animals! We work with most of the shelters in our area to take in special needs doxies or ones that they are having trouble adopting. A LOT of doxies don't do well in shelters, so we get called quite frequently to take the doxies that do come in!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #1693
Die Cut Diva

Smile you can send me a check, if you prefer!

Quote:
Jane

Again, a great explanation and I'm not in the least confused (I get easily confused).

Yeah, the Stampin' Up! program for RMHC is complex and has a lot of rules! I like your way of doing things much better.

I went to the two websites you listed. I see the clear sleeves. Stampin' Up! sells clear envelopes (similar to the ones sold by the company with the open-ended sleeves) but the price is much more expensive. The sleeves make a lot of sense!

OK, I would like to get envelopes and sleeves. I don't have a PayPal account/name. You aren't the first person to ask about this. I guess I'll just have to get one. Those PayPal people must be making a lot of money! There are thousands of people using PayPal to buy and sell things. I think PayPal has a corner on that market idea. I'll talk to my brother, he knows things like PayPal, and see what I need to do to get an account (like I said, I get easily confused & overwhelmed).

Thanks! Sandra
A paypal account makes it easier, but you can also send me a check, if you would like. Just tell me how many of each you want, and I'll package up and figure out how much shipping will be and let you know the total.

If you do get a paypal account, I suggest that you open up a special checking account just for paypal. Most banks/credit unions offer free checking. I do this and just keep a min amount of money in the account, so that if I get hacked, I don't loose all the money I have in the bank! I would just loose the little I have in this account! I've never been hacked, and I've had a paypal account for YEARS, but I've heard of people who it's happened to. I would rather play it safe, though!

Yes, the paypal people do have a corner on the market with this. They are multi millionaires! One of the original founders just started a PRIVATE space company to put rockets up in space! They figure that if NASA isn't going to do it, instead of paying Russia to bring our astronauts up to the space station, they can make the millions instead! I guess it takes money to make money! I doubt I'll ever be that rich! It seems I'm always giving most of mine away! LOL!

Talk soon!
Jane
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #1694
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I foster dogs that come into our rescue, because we are a foster based rescue. We don't have a facility like most humane societies do. I'm also a Representative for the rescue, so I also supervise foster homes and find adoptive homes for the dogs, and I arrange for medical care for those that need it(most do). We are a tri-state rescue that works mostly in IL, IN, and WI, although we also take dogs from other states and we adopt to people in other surrounding states like MN, IA, and MI. It is really almost a full time job in and of itself, but I love working with the dogs and I LOVE finding wonderful, loving homes for them. There is no better feeling than when I get pictures and updates of my foster dogs and how well they are being treated in their new homes! Yes, it is hard to give them up after fostering them, but as you said, I can't keep them all, and every time I get a foster adopted, it makes room to take another needy doxie into rescue!
Hugs,
Jane
Wow! I repeat myself....you are very busy.

I checked out your website and I "liked" you on your Facebook page. I love all those cute little doxie faces. When I was in college (early 1970's), I rescued a doxie from an owner who didn't want him anymore. Well, I couldn't keep him at my apartment (what was I thinking????). So I asked my boyfriend's parents if they would "take care of my dog" for me. They said yes and my dog very quickly became the father's dog! Boy, no one could go near dad's chair without a growl! Doxies are just so loyal!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #1695
Die Cut Diva

Jane

I'll send you a PM about the envelopes & sleeves. Right now I think I'd like to send a check and look into the PayPal idea at my leisure. Besides, I haven't gotten a hold of my brother for his advice/assistance yet (he sometimes doesn't respond very quickly).

Thanks for the excellent advice about getting a different checking account for the PayPal process. This is why I need advice/assistance, I would never have thought about that! I am pretty sure my bank has a "no frills" checking account that I could open for this purpose. They'd better!!! I've been banking there for about 44 years! The least they can do is accommodate my needs.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #1696
Die Cut Diva

Wink That sounds good!

Quote:
Jane

I'll send you a PM about the envelopes & sleeves. Right now I think I'd like to send a check and look into the PayPal idea at my leisure. Besides, I haven't gotten a hold of my brother for his advice/assistance yet (he sometimes doesn't respond very quickly).

Thanks for the excellent advice about getting a different checking account for the PayPal process. This is why I need advice/assistance, I would never have thought about that! I am pretty sure my bank has a "no frills" checking account that I could open for this purpose. They'd better!!! I've been banking there for about 44 years! The least they can do is accommodate my needs.
I'll talk to you via PM!

Have a great day!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #1697
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Wow! I repeat myself....you are very busy.

I checked out your website and I "liked" you on your Facebook page. I love all those cute little doxie faces. When I was in college (early 1970's), I rescued a doxie from an owner who didn't want him anymore. Well, I couldn't keep him at my apartment (what was I thinking????). So I asked my boyfriend's parents if they would "take care of my dog" for me. They said yes and my dog very quickly became the father's dog! Boy, no one could go near dad's chair without a growl! Doxies are just so loyal!
Yes, that is sometimes how we get dogs into our rescue. Someone gets a dog, but they quickly realize that their lifestyle isn't really right for a dog at this time. I'm glad that you were able to re-home your little rescue! Yes, doxies are loyal and protective, but not all are as protective as that! We work really hard to try to fit the dogs we rescue to the RIGHT family, taking into consideration their lifestyle and family(some doxies shouldn't be with kids-- like the one you rescued).

Have a GREAT day! Thanks for the compliments! I love working with the dogs... and the RMDH project-- especially because I LOVE stamping!

Jane
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #1698
Die Cut Diva

Jane

In general, how do doxies get along with cats??? My Cleo is a Maine Coon. If you know their kind, they are large cats - big ears, big feet, very long tails, lots of long fur. At the moment Cleo is about 13 pounds. She intimidates the heck out of my other sweet little Serenity (a domestic short hair).

Cleo has never been around dogs. I just wonder what she and / or the dog would do to each other.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #1699
Die Cut Diva

Default It depends...

Quote:
Jane

In general, how do doxies get along with cats??? My Cleo is a Maine Coon. If you know their kind, they are large cats - big ears, big feet, very long tails, lots of long fur. At the moment Cleo is about 13 pounds. She intimidates the heck out of my other sweet little Serenity (a domestic short hair).

Cleo has never been around dogs. I just wonder what she and / or the dog would do to each other.
It just depends on the doxie! Some doxies have never been around cats, and have a high prey drive, meaning that they are hunters, which is what they were bred for. We recommend that these dogs don't go to a home with a cat. BUT, other doxies could care less about cats. PLUS, a Maine Coon TOWERS over most doxies and could generally care less about dogs. If a dog starts to bother them, they just give them a swift swat, and sometimes a hiss, and that is usually the end of it.

I use to have a Maine Coon many years ago! Still my favorite cat EVER!!!! He was just the best! They are so laid back, it is amazing. Mine would even go swimming with me! I also have a foster home that has a Maine Coon. He is the head of the household with 3 doxies! BUT, again, I always use caution when first introducing them to each other. I usually keep a leash on the doxie, so I have control.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #1700
Die Cut Diva

Just wanted to share today's weather broadcast with everyone...
Albany, Oregon, January 12, 2013.

"Think Spring"....you can say that again!

I went out this afternoon, at approximately noon it was 36 degrees. On my way home from my afternoon crafting get-together at 4:30 pm it was 32 degrees! You should have seen the beautiful frost / ice crystals on the trees & grass & weeds at noon. Lovely.

frost-1-12-13-004.jpg frost-1-12-13-005.jpg frost-1-12-13-006.jpg

Here's the frost at my house: lavender, Birch tree, dandelion.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #1701
Die Cut Diva

Default BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote:
Just wanted to share today's weather broadcast with everyone...
Albany, Oregon, January 12, 2013.

"Think Spring"....you can say that again!

I went out this afternoon, at approximately noon it was 36 degrees. On my way home from my afternoon crafting get-together at 4:30 pm it was 32 degrees! You should have seen the beautiful frost / ice crystals on the trees & grass & weeds at noon. Lovely.

Attachment 265428 Attachment 265429 Attachment 265430

Here's the frost at my house: lavender, Birch tree, dandelion.
WOW!!! Those pictures are beautiful! I especially love the lavender! So pretty! We've had unseasonably warm temps here in WI for the last few days, but last night the temps started dropping and we are back to seasonally cold! LOL!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #1702
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
WOW!!! Those pictures are beautiful! I especially love the lavender! So pretty! We've had unseasonably warm temps here in WI for the last few days, but last night the temps started dropping and we are back to seasonally cold! LOL!
Happy Sunday everyone!
Jane

I really like the picture of the lavender too. I don't know why it came out with the more frosty line down the center but I think it looks really cool (no pun intended).

My favorite....the dandelion....looks almost like some creature from outer space. All the dandelions looked creepy up close. Unfortunately my camera does not do very close close-ups!

Stay warm!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #1703
Die Cut Diva

Cool Happy Friday!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day and is looking forward to a GREAT weekend!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #1704
Die Cut Diva

Checking in....
Now I'm going to bed; it's 11:05 pm - gosh, to bed early tonight!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #1705
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up 100 more cards

I took 100 cards in to Little Rock Ronald McDonald house yesterday. To see them so excited to get them and to actually have people start to go through them and ooh and ahh while I am still there gives me a blessing that I wish I could share with you all.
Thank you and I will be taking more in the next time we go to Little Rock.
Thank you ladies for helping make this a reality instead of just an idea!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #1706
Die Cut Diva

Heart I LOVE it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
I took 100 cards in to Little Rock Ronald McDonald house yesterday. To see them so excited to get them and to actually have people start to go through them and ooh and ahh while I am still there gives me a blessing that I wish I could share with you all.
Thank you and I will be taking more in the next time we go to Little Rock.
Thank you ladies for helping make this a reality instead of just an idea!
I'm so happy to have you as a BIG part of this project, Martha! You have also been a big part of why this idea of mine has been a success! There is no way I would have been able to get over 12,000 cards to houses around the country! It still amazes me when I say that number!!! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that we would have donated so many cards to these Ronald McDonald houses!!!!

I can't wait to add your total to our count!!!

Big Hugs!!!

Jane
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #1707
Die Cut Diva

thought I would check in with everyone.
Been 'out of sorts' lately and not been on the computer.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #1708
Die Cut Diva

Default It's going around!

I've been out of sorts, too! I'm still trying to get caught up from being out of town for so long. Then, we just lost one of our board members at our rescue. It is really hard on all of us because not only was she a friend, she was a MAJOR part of our rescue work. Plus, I'm unable to attend the funeral because I'm up in MN visiting my daughter for the weekend, so it is bitter-sweet!

Hugs to all,
Jane
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #1709
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I've been out of sorts, too! I'm still trying to get caught up from being out of town for so long. Then, we just lost one of our board members at our rescue. It is really hard on all of us because not only was she a friend, she was a MAJOR part of our rescue work. Plus, I'm unable to attend the funeral because I'm up in MN visiting my daughter for the weekend, so it is bitter-sweet!
Hugs to all,
Jane
Jane

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend....
[I never know what to say after that. I've lost a couple of friends and acquaintances plus both parents. I don't remember anything anyone would say was really helpful. The only helpful/comforting part was if they sincerely meant their words and if they gave me a friendly hug.]
Here's a BIG HUG for you. ((you))
Sandra
Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #1710
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Hugs to all,
Jane

Oh sweetie, so very sorry. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your friend's family. <3
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1711
Die Cut Diva

Thought I would check in. I've not been feeling very well for several days now. Right now I have a BIG, BAD headache. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #1712
Die Cut Diva

Default Sorry it's been so long!

I've spent the last couple of weekend's with my kids! It was a busy weekend before last going up to MN, and then we got snowed in, so we didn't get to leave until Monday! Not that I'm complaining about an extra day with my darling daughter, but I know that she had schoolwork to do, and having a houseful (or should I say- small apt full of family) is not conducive to studying!

Then, on Sunday, we took a drive to Madison to have lunch with my son.

It's nice to take time to spend with your kids, especially when you don't get to see them everyday, anymore!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day today! It's snowing again in WI today! YIKES, I'm tired of winter already!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #1713
Die Cut Diva

Default Sandra and Jen

I FINALLY got my order of card sleeves, so I'll try to get these out tomorrow- if it stops snowing! I try not to go out when it's snowing if I don't have to!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #1714
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I FINALLY got my order of card sleeves, so I'll try to get these out tomorrow- if it stops snowing! I try not to go out when it's snowing if I don't have to!
You have GREAT timing! I am getting very low on envelopes and I was just thinking of sending you a message.

I've been building up my stash of completed cards. Recently I mailed off 150 cards to my troops in Afghanistan. I also have a bunch for the various month RMHC requests.

I don't like to go out when it's snowy or when it is very cold outside. So I understand completely. Take your time and be safe!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #1715
Die Cut Diva

Hello everyone! Just checking in. How's the weather? Not much happening here in Oregon...cool, sometimes rainy but nothing major where I am.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #1716
Die Cut Diva

Default It's cold in WI!

Sandra and Jen,

I had a few emergencies with dogs and rental property, but tomorrow, I promise that I will get your packages put together, weighed and then get you an invoice! Then, they will be ready to go!

I'll hope things slow down a little, but it's not looking too promising! Oh well, I guess at least I can't say I'm ever bored! LOL!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #1717
Die Cut Diva

Cool Birds chirping!

I feel very encouraged that this morning I woke up to birds chirping outside!

This is a sound that I haven't heard in a while and even though they are predicting more snow, I think spring is on it's way!!! I can't wait! It has been a hard winter for me... very gray in WI this year. Usually, it is cold, but we have lots of bright blue skies in the winter. Not so much this year! Not sure why!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #1718
Die Cut Diva

I hope the precious little doggies are doing well!

I'll be "standing by" for the invoice info. Thanks so much for doing this for us!

Quote:
Sandra and Jen,

I had a few emergencies with dogs and rental property, but tomorrow, I promise that I will get your packages put together, weighed and then get you an invoice! Then, they will be ready to go!

I'll hope things slow down a little, but it's not looking too promising! Oh well, I guess at least I can't say I'm ever bored! LOL!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #1719
Die Cut Diva

Wink here's the poop...

Quote:
I hope the precious little doggies are doing well!

I'll be "standing by" for the invoice info. Thanks so much for doing this for us!
I have a commercial account with the post office, and I can get special regional rates. I can mail you 2.5 extra pounds to you for the same rate as to mail you the 200 sleeves and envelopes regular post which is for a 2 lb package, which is 8.90 for both the parcel post envie or the regional rate box.

For example, I'm mailing Jen(cupojafa) 300 envies and 400 sleeves, plus a bunch of cards for her RMDH, I think at least 2 dozen for less than what I'm mailing a regular envelope.

OR I just realized I can put the envies you wanted in a flat rate padded envie for $5.60

I just wanted to give you the options. Let me know what you would rather.

Jane
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #1720
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I have a commercial account with the post office, and I can get special regional rates. I can mail you 2.5 extra pounds to you for the same rate as to mail you the 200 sleeves and envelopes regular post which is for a 2 lb package, which is 8.90 for both the parcel post envie or the regional rate box.

I just wanted to give you the options. Let me know what you would rather.

Jane
Jane,

Oh Good Grief! My poor old brain is completely boggled!

I will go for the commercial, regional rate and the extra 2.5 lbs. of envies & sleeves. More envies than sleeves would be great.

Does that make sense?

I've been going like crazy on cards and I'm almost out of envies.

Thanks so much.
Sandra