Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #1561
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Thumbs up 80 is your count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn View Post
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report the total cards that I took in last Thursday (60 were from Martha and Linda in the Reverse Swap) --- if I count those too then I took in a total of 80 cards AND like Martha above was also met with fantastic appreciation - the volunteer said these cards were beyond beautiful --- love it!
Martha and Linda's cards count as cards towards your house, so your total is 80! YEAH!!! That is more than double what you brought in last time! I LOVE seeing their faces when they look through the cards brought in! That is something that I miss when I mail them!

Hugs,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #1562
Die Cut Diva

Heart That is the best surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Jane, just a note to tell you I carried in 50 more cards today and was met with so much appreciation. One of the cancer patients picked one out for someone while I was there. They spefically asked for thank you cards. May open a Thank you card swap to help fill the need. Thanks for getting me involved in this work!
I've never seen the face of one of the patients picking out a card, I think I would have cried! I did see some of the patients making scrapbook pages with some of the supplies that I've brought to the Milwaukee house, though! It was wonderful to see them enjoying the stuff!

What a blessing! Thank you cards are the ones that are requested, by far! I like to also send a lot of blank all occasion cards, too, that can be used as thank you, birthday, need a lift, or any other thing they might need!

Hugs!

Jane

I can't wait to change my totals!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #1563
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hi Jane--it has been a long time since I posted anything in this thread................

Sounds like a fun surrpise to win a cruise--where did you go?

I hope you had fun at German Fest. We did not go this year--went to the Brewer game on Saturday with my family and we had a church picnic on Sunday.

I have three large bags full of stamping supplies for the Tosa House--a few SCS'ers have sent me things in the past few months and I added some of my own. I also have a huge box of cards--I will count them and let you know how many when I take them over. I will also make a set of treat bags. The last time I was there, there is a new person named Jessica that I worked with. When I get all of this organized, I will post here all of the totals.

Thanks for all you do!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #1564
Die Cut Diva

Default Good to hear from you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Hi Jane--it has been a long time since I posted anything in this thread................

Sounds like a fun surrpise to win a cruise--where did you go?

I hope you had fun at German Fest. We did not go this year--went to the Brewer game on Saturday with my family and we had a church picnic on Sunday.

I have three large bags full of stamping supplies for the Tosa House--a few SCS'ers have sent me things in the past few months and I added some of my own. I also have a huge box of cards--I will count them and let you know how many when I take them over. I will also make a set of treat bags. The last time I was there, there is a new person named Jessica that I worked with. When I get all of this organized, I will post here all of the totals.

Thanks for all you do!
WOW!!! That sounds wonderful! I do remember you telling me that they had a new person at the house. When I first started working with the Tosa house, I gave them BOXES and BOXES of scrapbooking stuff! BUT, they have so many people that stay there, and they have an art therapy person who works with both the patients and any siblings of the patients at Children's. I think it is WONDERFUL that we are able to help them with stuff! If they need anything else or WANT anything else specifically, let me know. I still have stuff here that I have to send to a house. I don't usually send it, unless I have enough stuff for a complete scrapbooking program, but I know that I have ink pads, which is something I think we didn't have a lot of when I started the Tosa program. Let me know!

ME???? Thanks for all YOU do!!!! You are amazing girl!

GermanFest was wonderful this year! It was a beautiful day on Sunday, a nice breeze off of the lake ALL day, and temps in the 80's!!! Last year, I had heatstroke after the event! It was around 100 degrees with no breeze--- just HORRIBLE- so this year was a nice change!!!

The cruise left out of NYC harbour, right where the plane had an emergengy landing in the Hudson River a few years ago! It was the first time we left on a cruise out of NY, so it was GREAT! Got to see the new tower after it became the tallest building in NY. We didn't get a chance to go to the Memorial Park, though, which I would have liked to do. I was able to go out on Long Island to see my 92 year old Aunt before we came home though, so that was wonderful! I hadn't had a chance to visit her in 10 years! Our first port of call was Cape Canaveral, which was another port we never have been to! That was a great port for us, because my family is all in the area, and I got to spend the day with them! The other 2 ports were in the Bahama's. It was a great trip, all in all!

What have you been doing with yourself this summer???? It's good to hear from you!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #1565
Mad Swapper

I am getting ready for a yard sale. My Mom died Jan, 2011, and I still have things to get rid of. We have all gone through and gotten what we want, so I decided to combine things I no longer loved with her things an have a big yard sale. No one warned me how much work this would be, so for the most part, my cardmaking in on hold this week.

My card making friend who got me hooked on this addiction called last night and told me she had been working on some cards for me to take in to Ronald McDonald House! I can't wait to take her in to see the house and what they do there.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #1566
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I am getting ready for a yard sale. My Mom died Jan, 2011, and I still have things to get rid of. We have all gone through and gotten what we want, so I decided to combine things I no longer loved with her things an have a big yard sale. No one warned me how much work this would be, so for the most part, my cardmaking in on hold this week.

My card making friend who got me hooked on this addiction called last night and told me she had been working on some cards for me to take in to Ronald McDonald House! I can't wait to take her in to see the house and what they do there.

Martha, my sincere sympathies to you as you mourn your Mom. My mother passed away several years ago and we decided to take many things to an local auctioneer to sell which made it much easier for us. Was quite surprised at the amount of money we received from the sale and they did all the work.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #1567
Die Cut Diva

I sent 200 cards with a friend of mine to the Rochester, MN house this past weekend. My girlfriend's son and DIL live there, and she went up to visit the grandkids!

What a great idea, Caterina! I'm actually thinking about having an auction just to get rid of some of my stuff! I have WAY too much stuff!

Martha, good luck with the sale. My parents died in 2002 and 2004, and it took me a long time before I could go through the stuff without crying. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #1568
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to sekerosiris

thanks so much for all the help recently for the mc house in wichita... thanks everyone this pic is a test.... im trying to learn to load pictures
Attached Thumbnails
img_0280.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #1569
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekerosiris View Post
thanks so much for all the help recently for the mc house in wichita... thanks everyone this pic is a test.... im trying to learn to load pictures
You are so welcomed! Picture-you got it!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #1570
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up You did it!!!

That is great, Jodi!!!

The next batch of cards from the reverse swap is also going to go to your house! If you want to subscribe to the thread, it is in my siggy. Just click on that link, and post to the thread, and you will be subscribed. Then, you will get updated on who is participating and when they send the cards to you, so you can keep an eye out for them.

Also, did you want me to send you 300 card sleeves and white envies??? That would be about $12 plus shipping.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #1571
Insane Embellisher

Hello Janie!

I recently completed 100 cards in 100 days and I have way too many cards in my box - how do I go about sending them to you? Are there any rules? Do I put them in individual sleeves with envelopes?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #1572
Die Cut Diva

Heart That is quite an accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
Hello Janie!

I recently completed 100 cards in 100 days and I have way too many cards in my box - how do I go about sending them to you? Are there any rules? Do I put them in individual sleeves with envelopes?

Thanks!
I always put the cards in sleeves with envies for the RMD houses, so if you would like to help by providing those in addition to your cards, that would be AWESOME!!!

There really are no other rules! When you send me cards, I will send them out to one of the houses that we help with cards, but we have sent cards to one of the houses in MD, so if you would like to send the cards to that house, that would be GREAT! I usually have people send the cards to me, though, if they don't have envelopes or sleeves for the cards, that way I can package them up before sending them to the house. I can't remember which house in MD, but I'm thinking it was the one in Baltimore. I'll have to check to be sure! BUT, again, if you are providing sleeves and envies, and you would like to send them to a house closer to you, I can find out the address of where you need to send them!

Let me know which way you would like to go! If you do send one of the houses some cards, and want them to be included in our totals to RMD Houses across from this thread, just let me know the total that you send!

Thanks for the offer to help! I LOVE people who would like to help with this project!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #1573
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Sherry_Lynn Send a message via Skype™ to Sherry_Lynn

WOW 100 cards in 100 days that is very cool --- maybe when winter sets in here I'll try to do that!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #1574
Crimping Master

Palo Alto - RMHC is adopted by a group of crafty ladies from SU. We volunteer monthly to have projects ready for the families to make. I don't believe our leader of the house is on this forum but just wanted to let you know
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #1575
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn View Post
WOW 100 cards in 100 days that is very cool --- maybe when winter sets in here I'll try to do that!
I actually did it in more like 55 days! It really got the creative juices flowing. The thread is on Blogging Groups.

I'm not sure I have enough envelopes Janie so could I send them to you first? Thanks!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #1576
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp245 View Post
Palo Alto - RMHC is adopted by a group of crafty ladies from SU. We volunteer monthly to have projects ready for the families to make. I don't believe our leader of the house is on this forum but just wanted to let you know
That is WONDERFUL!!! I'd love it if you would update me with totals of cards that they donate to the house, so we can really see our totals grow!!! I'll put that house down as adopted by some SU demos!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #1577
Die Cut Diva

Heart That is just perfect!

Quote:
I actually did it in more like 55 days! It really got the creative juices flowing. The thread is on Blogging Groups.

I'm not sure I have enough envelopes Janie so could I send them to you first? Thanks!
I'm happy for you to send them to me! I will send them out to a house that needs them after I package them up!

My address is:

Jane Newton
PO Box 403
Brandon, WI 53919

Thanks so much for your help with this project!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #1578
Insane Embellisher

I hope they make the cut - I'll pop them in the post this afternoon, baby permitting!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #1579
Die Cut Diva

Wink I'll let you know when they arrive!

Quote:
I hope they make the cut - I'll pop them in the post this afternoon, baby permitting!
Thanks so much for helping with this project! I'm sure that your cards are beautiful! I can't wait to see them!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 08-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #1580
Pearl-ExPert

Well i had been in the craft room trying to get some of my halloween cards ready for RMH--and then i was going through my drawers...the one that i had placed some of the card candy from last year...(had to put away some because of the great response) I now have 50 halloween cards, then i found some card fronts that i had placed in a box for RMH starting playing with those...and the found some digistamps on line that i wante to play with....upshot of this long winded story---100 cards ready to be shipped this week...THEN i have my othr swap box that will be going out in November...and the responsei had gotten was a nice one...so that will be a nice box as well...

I had been thinking of wt to do for my thanksigivng card...that is such a neglected holiday.. anyway I had a leaf punch in my room...starting playing with that...like it on the card alot...punching out the card front different was with the leaf punch really makes it look unqiue...then topping it off with my thanksgiving stamp and embossing the stamp...i think that will be awesme...second card i'm working on is coloring with my prisma pencils...its the pumpkin wheel...oh and i have a thanksgiving wheel as well...might do the thanksigivng wheel on the otuside and run a line of the pumpkin wheel along the top of the inside and color that...ooohhh that sounds different too doesn't it..PLUS i have some leftover fall leaf brads....PERFECT. now i have to remember to come here and re-read what i had posted so i can re-create my cards....

hope all are having a nice weekend, thank goodnss the oppressive heat has finally lifted
Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1581
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Sherry_Lynn Send a message via Skype™ to Sherry_Lynn

OK, so I'm reading about Halloween Cards --- I never thought about doing these for the RMH, are there examples that I can see?

Linda I love Thanksgiving (and definitely agree with you that it is very much neglected) --- so I'll head on over to you thread and sign up for a slot for that one too! You also make these for the RMH?

I see I still have an awful lot to learn
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #1582
Die Cut Diva

Heart WOW! You've been busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
Well i had been in the craft room trying to get some of my halloween cards ready for RMH--and then i was going through my drawers...the one that i had placed some of the card candy from last year...(had to put away some because of the great response) I now have 50 halloween cards, then i found some card fronts that i had placed in a box for RMH starting playing with those...and the found some digistamps on line that i wante to play with....upshot of this long winded story---100 cards ready to be shipped this week...THEN i have my othr swap box that will be going out in November...and the responsei had gotten was a nice one...so that will be a nice box as well...

I had been thinking of wt to do for my thanksigivng card...that is such a neglected holiday.. anyway I had a leaf punch in my room...starting playing with that...like it on the card alot...punching out the card front different was with the leaf punch really makes it look unqiue...then topping it off with my thanksgiving stamp and embossing the stamp...i think that will be awesme...second card i'm working on is coloring with my prisma pencils...its the pumpkin wheel...oh and i have a thanksgiving wheel as well...might do the thanksigivng wheel on the otuside and run a line of the pumpkin wheel along the top of the inside and color that...ooohhh that sounds different too doesn't it..PLUS i have some leftover fall leaf brads....PERFECT. now i have to remember to come here and re-read what i had posted so i can re-create my cards....

hope all are having a nice weekend, thank goodnss the oppressive heat has finally lifted
I'm thrilled the heat has quit too! We also finally got some much needed rain!

Linda, it sounds like you are on top of things! I forgot about the card candy for halloween, too! I still have it in my drawer! I guess it's time for me to pull it out, too! I finally got in my craft room today, and at least straightened it out so I can find some things! Now I'll be able to get stuff together for the Reverse Swap for the Kansas City house!

I had a high school girl visiting, and she spent all day today making cards for RMD Houses! I think she made 13 cards!

Here is a pic of her cards!
Attached Thumbnails
img_1693.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #1583
Die Cut Diva

Default More cards!

I also got a package from Rebecca (LancasterLurker)! She sent a BUNCH of beautiful cards! Thanks, Rebecca!

Here are some pictures of Rebecca's cards!
Attached Thumbnails
img_1694.jpg   img_1699.jpg   img_1701.jpg  
Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #1584
Pearl-ExPert

Sherry--I usually send the "holidays" to the house...along with b-day, just cause, HI, sympathy, get well and all occasion/blank front--just decorated no theme--those are the major theme...

Janie---I had a drawer with some left over candy...and then when cleaning out my craft room (still in process---major distaster) I found my drawer from my other card cand swap--for cooking---AND i realized i have to get my recipe cards going again....its fun to pull them out and look at the candy and see all of the talent that went into them
Old 08-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #1585
Mad Swapper

I took 84 cards in to the Little Rock House Friday. As usual, they were so glad to get them!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #1586
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to stop by to again thank all of you for your dedication to this project. You are all truly a blessing!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:26 AM   #1587
Mad Swapper

Good morning friends!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #1588
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks for letting me know, Martha!

Quote:
I took 84 cards in to the Little Rock House Friday. As usual, they were so glad to get them!
I'm happy that they were happy!

HUGS!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #1589
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation tomorrow is a big day...

I take my son to college! It is move in day for him. I'm excited for him, but I know that I'm going to cry my eyes out when I drive home tomorrow night! Thanks goodness he will only be an hour away! Although he says he'll see us at Thanksgiving! Let's hope he is home before that!

Where has this summer gone?????
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #1590
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

Oh my goodness Janie..praying and sending hugs...I know how hard this is...it has been awhile but I still remember taking my dd to college...it was a long tearful ride home...

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #1591
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks, Carol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcgw View Post
Oh my goodness Janie..praying and sending hugs...I know how hard this is...it has been awhile but I still remember taking my dd to college...it was a long tearful ride home...
I'm actually going to bring him some things he forgot today! He is actually better than my daughter about keeping in touch, but I'm sure that will change as he gets more involved with activities and classwork!

The good news is that he is only an hour away! He does't get a good signal in his dorm room, as he is in one of the oldest dorms at UW, so he is Skyping us! I LOVE IT!!! Not only do I get to hear his voice, I get to see his face! It is wonderful!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #1592
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I take my son to college! It is move in day for him. I'm excited for him, but I know that I'm going to cry my eyes out when I drive home tomorrow night! Thanks goodness he will only be an hour away! Although he says he'll see us at Thanksgiving! Let's hope he is home before that!

Where has this summer gone?????

Oh sweetie, it is a double edge emotional sword. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #1593
Die Cut Diva

Default THanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Oh sweetie, it is a double edge emotional sword. Sending much love and hugs.
I'll take all the love and hugs I can get! At least he is not toooo far away! His next door neighbor is from Texas, the other is from South Korea, and then he has a couple of guys from China across the hall! It is definitely going to be a multicultural experience! The guys from China speak English pretty good, but the guy from South Korea is pretty quiet! I don't think he speaks much English. I told Dallas he should learn how to say hello in Korean!

Hugs back!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #1594
Pearl-ExPert

just wanted to let you know i sent 100 cards off 3 days ago to my house...RMH-columbia MO
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #1595
Die Cut Diva

Heart Wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
just wanted to let you know i sent 100 cards off 3 days ago to my house...RMH-columbia MO
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I have been suffering with vertigo for the past couple of weeks!!! It has really thrown me for a loop! Not fun when for no reason, the room starts spinning!

It's been crazy!

Thanks for sending cards to your house! I'll update my totals. I'm also bringing some cards to the Madison RMD House on Friday when I pick up my son from school!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #1596
Die Cut Diva

Cool Hi All!!!

I think I'm finally feeling better! Hope to be on here a little more often, but now I have to get caught up on all the other things I've fallen behind on!

I think I'm going to start a new reverse swap or something in a few weeks, because I just haven't been able to keep up with the one started by Darloudasha! I still have to contact a few people who haven't turned in the sets from the first mail out!

Talk soon!

Jane
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #1597
Die Cut Diva

Smile Just a bump!

It is a B-E-A-U-tiful day here in Wisconsin! Hope you are having a beautiful day where you are!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 09-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #1598
Die Cut Diva

Cool Great Impressions Blog Hop THIS WEEKEND for RMD House in Wauwatosa, WI!

a while ago, I got a message from Jenny about a blog hop that she wanted to organize for the RMD House in Wauwatosa, WI- (which is a suburb of Milwaukee). I had NO IDEA what a blog hop was, but now I do! If you would like to join in, here is some info! It sounds like a lot of fun!!! PS: you don't have to have a blog to join in the fun!!!

Love it if you joined us this weekend, Friday Sept. 28th 8:00 a.m. through Sunday Sept. 30th 11:59 p.m. for The Great Impressions Stamps Hop for The Ronald McDonald House. You were the inspiration for this hop so I'd love for you to hop with us. You don't need a blog

Just go to www.greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com anytime this weekend and instructions will be there. Basically, you "hop" from blog to blog leaving comments on the cards you see. You will also be eligible for some stampin' prizes!

You will be happy to know that many of the participants will be sending me several cards, and some church groups and craft classes will be also sharing their cards for The Ronald McDonald House. I'm touched by the response and kindness from the paper crafting community!

Hope to "see" you this weekend at the hop! And thank you so much for all your help!

Hugs,

Jenny

Last edited by janiekay; 09-26-2012 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: added a PS
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #1599
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

checking out the blog hop this weekend!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #1600
Die Cut Diva

Default Just a reminder!!!

Today is the last day for the blog hop this weekend! Check out the hop, make comments and maybe win some prizes! PLUS- help the Wauwatosa, WI Ronald McDonald House in the process!!!

Great Impressions

Thanks to Jenny Stucky for organizing this event for one of our houses!!! I'd LOVE to see more of these kinds of events for Ronald McDonald Houses all over the country! What a fun way to collect cards for the houses!

Hope everyone takes a look at the beautiful cards!!!