Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #1521
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Sherry_Lynn Send a message via Skype™ to Sherry_Lynn

Welcome Emily!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #1522
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbmom2 View Post
Jane, do you have a list of all the houses that have been adopted so far?
Amy I found the list in the first post.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #1523
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks, Sherry!

Yes, the first post has most of the adopted houses. BUT, I have to say that not all the houses that have adopters listed are probably still adopted. There are some people who haven't posted since they said that they would adopt a house, and I haven't had time to check with these people to see if they are still bringing their houses cards. One of these days....

That is what I keep saying, anyhow! LOL! Maybe one of these days I won't be rushing to finish up all I need to get done that day at midnight!!! AAHHH to dream!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #1524
Swapper of the Month September 2012

saving my spot for later.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #1525
Mad Swapper

Welcome Emily! Glad you have joined us.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #1526
Pearl-ExPert

Hey janie, Just want to let you know---as of yesterday--i sent off 31 cards from the reverse swap...some were from the package...I used more paper than i thought---others i couldn't really seem to find something that I liked...it was harder than i thought.....

It was fun and an experience all rolled into one...I'll be posting on the other thread as well

Linda
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #1527
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Janie, hope it is okay to go 'off topic' and share this beautiful song for Father's Day. This made me think of my dad of course as well as so many dads who are with their children today at Ronald McDonald Houses/hospitals.

God bless all of you for your willingness to do what you do!!

click link
GodVine
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #1528
Mad Swapper

Just checking in!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #1529
Matboard Maniac

Waving hello to everyone!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #1530
Die Cut Diva

Red face Sorry I've been out of touch!

Hi All!

I hope everyone's doing great! I haven't been on, because we ended up taking off on a surprise cruise! It was a surprise, because we won it, and it came up suddenly! We thought, what the heck, a free cruise doesn't come around too often, so we packed our bags and left!

We left out of the NYC harbour, which we've never done before. It gave us the chance to visit with my 92 yo Aunt, who lives on Long Island, and is still sharp as a tack!

She looks GREAT! AND it was so fun to reminis and catch up!

Thanks for keeping the thread active while I was out of touch!

Jane
Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #1531
Die Cut Diva

Default Happy Belated Father's Day to all of your dads!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Janie, hope it is okay to go 'off topic' and share this beautiful song for Father's Day. This made me think of my dad of course as well as so many dads who are with their children today at Ronald McDonald Houses/hospitals.

God bless all of you for your willingness to do what you do!!

click link
GodVine
Thanks for posting, Cat!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your new avatar!!! Beautiful picture!

Hugs!
Jane
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #1532
Die Cut Diva

Default WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
Hey janie, Just want to let you know---as of yesterday--i sent off 31 cards from the reverse swap...some were from the package...I used more paper than i thought---others i couldn't really seem to find something that I liked...it was harder than i thought.....

It was fun and an experience all rolled into one...I'll be posting on the other thread as well

Linda
You did GREAT! Can't wait to see pictures! did you send them to Sherry or did you send them directly to the house????

Sometimes, these prepackaged things ARE harder than you think they would be!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #1533
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Hi All!

I hope everyone's doing great! I haven't been on, because we ended up taking off on a surprise cruise! It was a surprise, because we won it, and it came up suddenly! We thought, what the heck, a free cruise doesn't come around too often, so we packed our bags and left!

We left out of the NYC harbour, which we've never done before. It gave us the chance to visit with my 92 yo Aunt, who lives on Long Island, and is still sharp as a tack!

She looks GREAT! AND it was so fun to reminis and catch up!

Thanks for keeping the thread active while I was out of touch!

Jane

Sooooo happy for you!! You deserved it!!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1534
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thanks for posting, Cat!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your new avatar!!! Beautiful picture!

Hugs!
Jane

Thanks, Jane, a fellow SCSer saw a picture on facebook, copied it and then said here now you can have a new look.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1535
Matboard Maniac

Welcome back Jane --- glad you won and enjoyed your cruise!

Very pretty pic Cat!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #1536
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation Hope everyone is surviving the heat wave!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone, especially those without power, and those without a/c and are afraid to open their doors and windows because they live in a bad area.

Hugs,
Jane
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #1537
Gabfest Goddess

A couple of years ago I went looking online for information on how to go about this, needless to say I must have looked in the wrong places, didn't get the information and in the meantime with other things it slipped my mind, although I've donated cards to hospital wings.

I'm about 45 mins drive from the Wooloongabba RMH you listed in Australia, go figure! You list Lisha_1988 does this mean I'd have to chat to her? I'd make the cards and send to her or the RMH?
Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #1538
Die Cut Diva

Default You can chat with Lisha, BUT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kduff View Post
A couple of years ago I went looking online for information on how to go about this, needless to say I must have looked in the wrong places, didn't get the information and in the meantime with other things it slipped my mind, although I've donated cards to hospital wings.

I'm about 45 mins drive from the Wooloongabba RMH you listed in Australia, go figure! You list Lisha_1988 does this mean I'd have to chat to her? I'd make the cards and send to her or the RMH?
I'm not sure if she is following through. She posted a few times, but then has never told me that she brought any cards to the house there. SO, I'm not sure if she is doing it or not.

If you would like to get in touch with her and/or the RMD House, and start donating cards, that would be GREAT!!! I just ask that you post to this thread and let me know how many cards you donate, so I can add it to our totals!!

I don't have time to contact everyone who gets on this thread to see how their house donations are coming along. So, when someone comes on the thread and tells me that they want to donate cards to a house near them, I put their name down. Sometimes, that is the last that I hear from them. I try to help out when someone first gets started, but if they are not responding, I can't do much else about it.

I used to send people stuff like envelopes and card sleeves at my own expense, but I just can't do that anymore, because if I send out supplies and then never hear from them, it is stuff that I can't use for my other people who are posting on a regular basis!

That said, I'm here to help you get started, if you have any questions. I'd love for you to contact Lisha to see if she is helping the house out by donating cards, and if she is, great! You can help her. BUT, if she isn't, then it would be GREAT if you would start sending them cards and continue posting on this thread!!!

I package the cards up with an envelope and put it in a card sleeve, so that it stays nice and clean, especially if it is used by or given to a child who is on immuno-suppressive drugs. I have a site on e-bay that I buy the sleeves from, and they offer free shipping to me, but I'm not sure if that would include Australia, but I'd be happy to share that info with you. I also have an envelope company that I buy in bulk from, but they are in the states, and I'm not sure what shipping would be to Australia, either, but again, I'm happy to share that info as well.

Let me know what you think!!! I'd love for you to join us!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #1539
Gabfest Goddess

janiekay I'll send a PM to Leisha_1988 and see what happens.
I can send straight to RMH that is not a problem for me I just need the address that I could not find those years ago.

The plastic sleeves I have as we have a business and hubby buys lots of sorts of bags for things and surprise surprise those lovely card sealing bags are on the list so I buy from there.

As I said I've donated to a couple of different hospital wings but that is for some one elses bulk collection I send to her when she does a call up.

I've also sent several hundred cards to our overseas military so that is where my plastic sleeves came into play. Those cards are generic or christmas and I leave the centres blank.
Do these RMD cards have to have a verse?

I guess my stumbling block is that address and who to send the cards to in RMD and what specific, kids, adults etc cards are needed, although that info is probably somewhere in this thread lol.

Anyhow sunday morning here and I'm off to read the paper, thanks. Kathy.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #1540
Die Cut Diva

Default Here is the address and phone numbers!

Quote:
janiekay I'll send a PM to Leisha_1988 and see what happens.
I can send straight to RMH that is not a problem for me I just need the address that I could not find those years ago.

The plastic sleeves I have as we have a business and hubby buys lots of sorts of bags for things and surprise surprise those lovely card sealing bags are on the list so I buy from there.

As I said I've donated to a couple of different hospital wings but that is for some one elses bulk collection I send to her when she does a call up.

I've also sent several hundred cards to our overseas military so that is where my plastic sleeves came into play. Those cards are generic or christmas and I leave the centres blank.
Do these RMD cards have to have a verse?

I guess my stumbling block is that address and who to send the cards to in RMD and what specific, kids, adults etc cards are needed, although that info is probably somewhere in this thread lol.

Anyhow sunday morning here and I'm off to read the paper, thanks. Kathy.
Kathy,

I do have access to the address, I think this is the one that you said you were closest to, if not, let me know!

Ronald McDonald House Wolloongabba
9 Allen Street
Brisbane, Queensland 4102 Australia

Phone: 011-61-7-3840-8606
Fax: 011-61-7-3846-5597

Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #1541
Die Cut Diva

Heart Woops!

The address didn't copy! It was on the message when I went to post, I'm not sure what happened!

9 Allen Street

Phone: 011-61-7-3840-8606
Fax: 011-61-7-3846-5597

As far as cards go, most of the homes over here in the states want Thank You cards as their top choice. Next comes birthday cards for kids, but I usually send a variety of birthday cards so that the kids can also use the cards for their parents!

I usually send a variety of cards, and then if their is a holiday coming up, and I have the time, I'll send some of those, like Christmas, Easter, ect.

I also like to send a lot of generic blank cards, so that they can use them for whatever they want.

When I call the house, I usually tell them that I want to start donating handmade cards for the kids to use (or for the staff to use for the kids and their families). Then, I ask them if there are any particular types of cards that they would specifically like to have on hand. Then, I try to send them cards on a regular basis.

The only thing I ask is that you post to the thread occasionally and keep us updated on your house and how many cards you donated! I keep a running total of all the houses in my siggy, and some of the girls keep a running total of all the cards they donated in their siggy!

Let me know if you need anything else and how it goes with Lisha!!

Welcome to the group!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #1542
Mad Swapper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are enjoying cooler weather today. We broke all kind of records last week also, finally some rain and more in the forecast!!!!

Worked on Christmas cards last week, completed 35 and a few extras. looking forward to my next workshop and a few new ideas!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #1543
Gabfest Goddess

Janiekay
I've taken those number and the address down and will get onto it.
Thank you for your help, I probably should have made more of an effort on my end of things, sigh.
Yes I'll keep you posted on how I go, cheers
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #1544
Mad Swapper

Where is everyone?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #1545
Die Cut Diva

Default Good luck!!!

Quote:
Janiekay
I've taken those number and the address down and will get onto it.
Thank you for your help, I probably should have made more of an effort on my end of things, sigh.
Yes I'll keep you posted on how I go, cheers
I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #1546
Die Cut Diva

Default I'm around, but not really here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Where is everyone?
I can't seem to keep up with anything in this heat! I'm watering all the time, and everything is still dying!!! We had a slight drizzle tonight, not sure it even registered on the rain gauge!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! My thoughts and prayers go out to all the farmers who are watching their crops die!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #1547
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
The address didn't copy! It was on the message when I went to post, I'm not sure what happened!

9 Allen Street
Let me know if you need anything else and how it goes with Lisha!!
Welcome to the group!
Hugs,
Jane

Janiekay
I've sent you a PM and leishas reply
Cheers Kathy
PS. I may have another hospital lined up .....

Last edited by Kduff; 07-18-2012 at 10:11 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #1548
Hardware Hotshot

do you have anyone donated to the chattanooga, Tennessee Branch? Back in Dec, my Brother in Law had a heart attack and I spend a week in the ICU waiting rooms...the RMH had a room in the hosiptal for ANY to use with someone in an ICU unit...I was able to take a shower! it was the most wonderful thing in the world. Since then I wasn't sure how to go about helping/giving back. While I was there my BIL had a amazing male nurse and I so wanted to give him a thank you card, but couldn't find one....so here I am.

if you can send me the address and numbers to the Chattanooga, TN branch. I will call them and see what supplies they need or cards they may want.....I'm not sure I will get as many out as I see everyone else doing, but I know a little something is better than nothing at all.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #1549
Pearl-ExPert

Janie, just saw your post about the cruise...hope you enjoyed it..what a marvelous surprise...

as for the cards I sent...I sent them to the person---if i remember right it was sherry....but i can't find the thread to look back on to see of the arrival..it was priority mail and that hardly ever gets lost....

started our school supply shopping...once school starts i will be able to get my card supplies together to send another box...just might start a card swap now for RMH....i'll let you now...due date will be Nov 1 and with a holiday theme....

yup that's my plan....i'll let you know the dets....

linda
Old 07-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #1550
Pearl-ExPert

okie dokie...hadn't seen a swap in the card section recently for RMH so i threw one up there...also i placed it in my signature line--you can follow through there as well.....

I am looking forward to school---so that i can get back to major paper crafting....and i do so much love the fall...although this year i don't think the leaves will be changing alot---UNLESS WE GET MORE RAIN!!!

off and running have a great day ladies
linda
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #1551
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Janie, just saw your post about the cruise...hope you enjoyed it..what a marvelous surprise...

as for the cards I sent...I sent them to the person---if i remember right it was sherry....but i can't find the thread to look back on to see of the arrival..it was priority mail and that hardly ever gets lost....

started our school supply shopping...once school starts i will be able to get my card supplies together to send another box...just might start a card swap now for RMH....i'll let you now...due date will be Nov 1 and with a holiday theme....

yup that's my plan....i'll let you know the dets....

linda
Hi Linda - here is the thread for the reverse swap and yes I rec'd your cards AND loved them! I'm also heading over to your swap thread to join in!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #1552
Pearl-ExPert

well here is my short story---was cleaning my craft room...ran into a pile of cards---had to only add some white cardstock to the inside---youknow how people make cards with darker cardstock---they are beautiful but you can't really read if you use black ink....so i had to "doctor' the cards a little....then put with envies and sleeves...i have a total of 25 cards for the house...over next few months i'll get my halloween stuff together and i have a nice package for the RMH---love it when things come together so quickly....
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #1553
Die Cut Diva

Default That is the best surprise!

Quote:
well here is my short story---was cleaning my craft room...ran into a pile of cards---had to only add some white cardstock to the inside---youknow how people make cards with darker cardstock---they are beautiful but you can't really read if you use black ink....so i had to "doctor' the cards a little....then put with envies and sleeves...i have a total of 25 cards for the house...over next few months i'll get my halloween stuff together and i have a nice package for the RMH---love it when things come together so quickly....
I love it when that happens, too! I have to go check out your swap! If the due date is Nov 1, I should have time to finish up some cards!!! MAYBE!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for posting a link to the swap, Sherry, for some reason, my link isn't working!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1554
Mad Swapper

Just checking in to let you know I am going in to take cards to RMH Monday and will post here how many I take.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #1555
Die Cut Diva

Default GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaws29 View Post
Just checking in to let you know I am going in to take cards to RMH Monday and will post here how many I take.
I hope things have cooled off a little for you Martha. We FINALLY had some rain! Almost 3 inches! The first in 2 months! Plus, it's a little cooler!

I'm at GermanFest in Milwaukee for the doxie races! We have a booth and adoption event! If you live nearby, stop by and say HI!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 07-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #1556
Pearl-ExPert

well lo and behold...i was watering my yard, went out to turn off the water and thought hey is it actually raining???? the answer is yes and no---its trying to rain- drizzling..lets pray that it continues....
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #1557
Mad Swapper

Jane, just a note to tell you I carried in 50 more cards today and was met with so much appreciation. One of the cancer patients picked one out for someone while I was there. They spefically asked for thank you cards. May open a Thank you card swap to help fill the need. Thanks for getting me involved in this work!

Last edited by mamaws29; 07-30-2012 at 03:28 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #1558
Matboard Maniac

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report the total cards that I took in last Thursday (60 were from Martha and Linda in the Reverse Swap) --- if I count those too then I took in a total of 80 cards AND like Martha above was also met with fantastic appreciation - the volunteer said these cards were beyond beautiful --- love it!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #1559
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_Lynn View Post
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report the total cards that I took in last Thursday (60 were from Martha and Linda in the Reverse Swap) --- if I count those too then I took in a total of 80 cards AND like Martha above was also met with fantastic appreciation - the volunteer said these cards were beyond beautiful --- love it!
Sherry, you count all you carry in. Awesome!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #1560
Die Cut Diva

Default I can finally tell it's rained here!

Quote:
well lo and behold...i was watering my yard, went out to turn off the water and thought hey is it actually raining???? the answer is yes and no---its trying to rain- drizzling..lets pray that it continues....
Our ground is actually wet, and I MIGHT have to cut the grass! It is amazing how quickly the grass greens up after it gets some water!

Praying the rain continues down there, Linda! I know they count on the corn, soybeans and sorghum (we don't grow sorghum up here, though) in MO as much as they do up here!

Hugs!
Jane 80)