In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree53Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #481
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Jane
If you want I can send you a few sheets of PTI to play with. Just PM your address.
Also if there are any certain colors you want to try or I will just send samples of them all.

My BIL's girlfriend just called me. She lives an hour away from me so I never get to see her much. Anyway at the funeral we were talking and I told her all about the RMH cards I do now and that I still stamp every weekend.
So she is bringing her son up and some stamps to create cards for RMH with me.

It will be a nice stampin night!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #482
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default How fun!!!

That sounds like a fun night, Tina! I like to stamp when I'm alone, because I can let my creative mind flow! BUT, I also like to stamp with friends, because you can get sooooooooo much done, and it seems like you just started and 5 hours have past!

That sounds good! I'd like to try the paper tray paper. I'll also send you some of the paper I have, and next spring, when my girlfriend takes orders, if you want some, I can get some for you. The envies that I gave you that have the square flap, not the triangle flap are the envies that I get from her also. I pay about $12 for a box of 250. She can get birch, kraft and white! Actually, I wonder if they actually make the paper up by you??? I thought she got it in Appleton/Neenah/Manasha area.

I'm going to Oshkosh tonight, because I'm making some votive flowers for a fundraiser next weekend. My husband's nurses husband has brain cancer and they have given up on traditional medicine and are doing some experimental treatments, and of course insurance is refusing to pay!!!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #483
Pearl-ExPert
 
MissJessicaNichole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 2,701
Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole
Default

Hello everyone! I sent my friend home with some card supplies today! I told her about the rmhc and she wanted to make a few . I hope all is well! The bday party was great and I'm exhausted! Good night
__________________
Jessica Nichole!! Mommy to 1 little boy!
MissJessicaNichole is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 AM   #484
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
That sounds like a fun night, Tina! I like to stamp when I'm alone, because I can let my creative mind flow! BUT, I also like to stamp with friends, because you can get sooooooooo much done, and it seems like you just started and 5 hours have past!

That sounds good! I'd like to try the paper tray paper. I'll also send you some of the paper I have, and next spring, when my girlfriend takes orders, if you want some, I can get some for you. The envies that I gave you that have the square flap, not the triangle flap are the envies that I get from her also. I pay about $12 for a box of 250. She can get birch, kraft and white! Actually, I wonder if they actually make the paper up by you??? I thought she got it in Appleton/Neenah/Manasha area.

I'm going to Oshkosh tonight, because I'm making some votive flowers for a fundraiser next weekend. My husband's nurses husband has brain cancer and they have given up on traditional medicine and are doing some experimental treatments, and of course insurance is refusing to pay!!!
Yes let me know when you do the buy again! Yes the Wausau Paper plant is here but I think they do have another plant near Appleton.
I will get the cardstock together for today and mail it out tomorrow.
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 AM   #485
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Oh Jane I forgot to tell you!
A fellow SCSer contacted me as she seen my swap. She has a bunch of cards from swaps and she wants to get rid of them so she is going to send them to me.

There are also a couple of others that are sending in extra cards that they want to donate.
If any of the other houses needs some cards for their houses I will be happy to share them. Just let me know.

When I am done with everything and able to drive to Waupaca again I think we should another Coffee Shop meeting!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #486
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,954
Default

Hi Tina, I will hop over to your blank card swap and join.
__________________
**June K**
Stamper for fun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #487
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Hi Tina, I will hop over to your blank card swap and join.
THANK YOU so much!!!!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #488
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Wonderful news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meluvstampin View Post
Oh Jane I forgot to tell you!
A fellow SCSer contacted me as she seen my swap. She has a bunch of cards from swaps and she wants to get rid of them so she is going to send them to me.

There are also a couple of others that are sending in extra cards that they want to donate.
If any of the other houses needs some cards for their houses I will be happy to share them. Just let me know.

When I am done with everything and able to drive to Waupaca again I think we should another Coffee Shop meeting!
This is just thrilling news for me!!! I'm so greatful for all of the excitement going on here on this thread and with all of our new adopters! Several of the houses haven't received anything. I actually ordered more card sleeves, because I'm almost out, but I was actually planning on sending everyone a "starter pack"!!!

I can't wait to get together for coffee again, Tina, so "speedy recovery" has been added to my prayers for you!

Jane
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #489
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default That's the way to do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJessicaNichole View Post
Hello everyone! I sent my friend home with some card supplies today! I told her about the rmhc and she wanted to make a few . I hope all is well! The bday party was great and I'm exhausted! Good night
Sounds like you are rolling right along, Jessica! The more people you get to help, the more people WE get to help!!!

Finally, we have some beautiful weather in Wisconsin! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL sunny Sunday!!!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #490
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Another couple of boxes!

I got in another box of cards from June! Sooooo Thankful for the beautiful cards!!!! Another medium flat rate filled to the gills!!!!

I also got in a box from Pianolady1026. More beautiful cards, Judy.
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Good Morning!
Well I worked on stamping images last night so I can color them on Thursday or Friday after my angio. I can't do much else but sit so i might as well try to be productive.
I am planning a 4 day stamping marathon with myself.
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #492
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default You are soooo organized!!!

WOW, Tina!!!!! That is amazing! You definately know how to make the time go by fast! I can't even imagine how many cards you will make when you are really working on it!

Talk soon!

Jane
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #493
Hardware Hotshot
 
griperang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,706
Default

Joan - sorry I have not posted - my parents are here from Florida but I wanted to let you know that I took the box of cards to the Sioux City RMH and they were very happy - I also passed the supplies you sent to the lady that is going to take over for me. I am hoping she comes on here soon. I gave her a link and told her to join. We shall see.
griperang is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #494
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default sounds good, Angela!!!

I hope to hear from her soon! If she wants to e-mail me in the meantime, she can. My e-mail is: janesjunque@yahoo.com

For some people, that is easier. especially since she is not already on here!!!

Jane
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #495
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 47,344
Default

Jane--I have a box of 100 cards to take to the Tosa house next Monday. I also thave the components to make up 38 tray treat bags and will take them too. I am leaving on Tuesday for a week in Colorado and Taos, NM, so I need to drop them off before I leave. Do I need to call anyone first, or just drop by the house?
__________________
Barb's Inky Blog {PIN}Spirational DT MelonHeadz DT The Crafter's Café DT
I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Whipper Snapper and/or Penny Black Cards ~ Due November 7th ~ With Prizes
New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast
 
darloudasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 10,872
Send a message via Yahoo to darloudasha
Default

hey guys! there are four RMD houses in Michigan... since I live an hour from one and my neice lives in the same city as one I thought I might start collecting my own swap cards to pass along to them... do I just send them? or do I need to write someone and let them know/get permission first or what?
darloudasha is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #497
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Here's the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Jane--I have a box of 100 cards to take to the Tosa house next Monday. I also thave the components to make up 38 tray treat bags and will take them too. I am leaving on Tuesday for a week in Colorado and Taos, NM, so I need to drop them off before I leave. Do I need to call anyone first, or just drop by the house?
Since I've been working with that house for 2 years, they are used to the cards arriving! That being said, I usually e-mail Marilyn and let her know that I will be dropping off cards. I will send her an e-mail and tell her that you will be taking things over, and give her your info. Can you PM me your info, including your e-mail address. That is usually how I contact her!

Thanks, Barb! That sounds GREAT! You have just gone to town on this project! Do you need help putting the treat packs together??? I can call my girlfriend who lives in Oak Creek and see if she could help. I also know that she has a bunch of cards for the Tosa house too!

Have a great trip! Can you take a picture of the cards and treat bags and post them on the thread??? We'd love to see what you are giving them!!! I'm also adding your 100 cards to my totals! I also boxed up 125 for Yuli, and need to add the cards that I sent to everyone else!

Wahoo!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #498
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Talking That sounds GREAT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darloudasha View Post
hey guys! there are four RMD houses in Michigan... since I live an hour from one and my neice lives in the same city as one I thought I might start collecting my own swap cards to pass along to them... do I just send them? or do I need to write someone and let them know/get permission first or what?
I will get you the info on the MI houses, and you can call. Or if you would prefer, I can call them! I usually just tell them that we have a group of online stampers that make and donate hand crafted cards for RMD houses across the country! AND that you would llike to start donating cards to their house. You can also ask them if they would like to start a scrapbooking/stamping program, and if they would, we can start collecting things for the house.

Let me know if you want to call or if you want me to. I usually talk to the House Director, the Volunteer Coordinator, or whoever they think the project fits under!!! LOL!!! Each house is different! I'll look up the info tomorrow!!!

YEAH!!!! Welcome to the club, Heather!!!!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast
 
darloudasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 10,872
Send a message via Yahoo to darloudasha
Default

EEK Okay, I admit I'm kind of shy (off line) would you mind doing it? I know you are already doing a lot... I can't "take on a project" for them as I just haven't the time ... I just want to send them cards as I get them!! Is that okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I will get you the info on the MI houses, and you can call. Or if you would prefer, I can call them! I usually just tell them that we have a group of online stampers that make and donate hand crafted cards for RMD houses across the country! AND that you would llike to start donating cards to their house. You can also ask them if they would like to start a scrapbooking/stamping program, and if they would, we can start collecting things for the house.

Let me know if you want to call or if you want me to. I usually talk to the House Director, the Volunteer Coordinator, or whoever they think the project fits under!!! LOL!!! Each house is different! I'll look up the info tomorrow!!!

YEAH!!!! Welcome to the club, Heather!!!!
darloudasha is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 AM   #500
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 47,344
Default

Jane--sent you a PM with my info.

Thanks for all you do--Barb
__________________
Barb's Inky Blog {PIN}Spirational DT MelonHeadz DT The Crafter's Café DT
I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Whipper Snapper and/or Penny Black Cards ~ Due November 7th ~ With Prizes
New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #501
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default That's what the house adopters do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darloudasha View Post
EEK Okay, I admit I'm kind of shy (off line) would you mind doing it? I know you are already doing a lot... I can't "take on a project" for them as I just haven't the time ... I just want to send them cards as I get them!! Is that okay?
Don't worry, that is all the adopters do! Coordinate cards to the houses. I will call them and set it up! You don't have to do anything but send cards when you have them, unless you want to and have time for it!!!! I will send you some card sleeves and envelopes in the mail, so that you can put the cards you donate in the sleeves with envelopes. I will also send you some cards to get you started. That will give you time to package up your cards. It doesn't take long to put them in the sleeves, and they will stay much nicer, and not get ruined as people flip through the cards to find the one they want!

Does that sound OK???
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #502
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default No, thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Jane--sent you a PM with my info.

Thanks for all you do--Barb
HEHE, I just sent you a copy of the e-mail I sent to Marilyn, the House Director for the Tosa house!!!

Thanks so much for agreeing to do this, Bard! I see from your siggy that you are already doing quite a lot with BRAK!!! It's the people who do the most, that get the most done!!!! RIGHT????

My DH loves the show how it's made, and he was watching last night. They had a show about how they make rubber bands. They highlighted these 2 brothers who spend up to 11 hours each day stringing rubberbands together and rolling them into a ball so that they can have the biggest rubberband ball and be in the Guiness World Book of Records. I thought to myself, WHAT A WASTE!!!! All I could think about was if they used their time to do something more productive, and geared to helping others!!!!! They would be able to help soooooo many people in need. I'm just shaking my head!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #503
Stazon Splitcoast
 
darloudasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 10,872
Send a message via Yahoo to darloudasha
Default

Oh you so rock!!! I can supply envies... they are cheap and I'm a secretary so I get them at our discounted rate

Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Don't worry, that is all the adopters do! Coordinate cards to the houses. I will call them and set it up! You don't have to do anything but send cards when you have them, unless you want to and have time for it!!!! I will send you some card sleeves and envelopes in the mail, so that you can put the cards you donate in the sleeves with envelopes. I will also send you some cards to get you started. That will give you time to package up your cards. It doesn't take long to put them in the sleeves, and they will stay much nicer, and not get ruined as people flip through the cards to find the one they want!

Does that sound OK???
darloudasha is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #504
Pearl-ExPert
 
MissJessicaNichole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 2,701
Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole
Default

Hello everyone!!!
__________________
Jessica Nichole!! Mommy to 1 little boy!
MissJessicaNichole is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #505
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 47,344
Default

I have not heard from her yet--if I do not hear by Friday, I will contact her.

Thanks, Barb


Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
HEHE, I just sent you a copy of the e-mail I sent to Marilyn, the House Director for the Tosa house!!!

Thanks so much for agreeing to do this, Bard! I see from your siggy that you are already doing quite a lot with BRAK!!! It's the people who do the most, that get the most done!!!! RIGHT????

My DH loves the show how it's made, and he was watching last night. They had a show about how they make rubber bands. They highlighted these 2 brothers who spend up to 11 hours each day stringing rubberbands together and rolling them into a ball so that they can have the biggest rubberband ball and be in the Guiness World Book of Records. I thought to myself, WHAT A WASTE!!!! All I could think about was if they used their time to do something more productive, and geared to helping others!!!!! They would be able to help soooooo many people in need. I'm just shaking my head!
__________________
Barb's Inky Blog {PIN}Spirational DT MelonHeadz DT The Crafter's Café DT
I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Whipper Snapper and/or Penny Black Cards ~ Due November 7th ~ With Prizes
New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #506
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Hi everyone. Just stoppin in to say hello.
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #507
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Hi Jane
I will be mailing the PTI cardstock out on Friday.
I have it all set to go but forgot to get stamps this week.
I am pretty all set to go tomorrow morning. So tonight I am just playing on the computer.

I love our warm weather! It is so nice. It will be a nice weekend to open the window by my stampin chair while I relax, recover and create!!!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #508
Stazon Splitcoast
 
LauraJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm on a payphone trying to call home...
Posts: 43,313
Default

Just stopping to say hello ~ Have not forgotten about RMH Madison Work has been a little crazy this week ~ Looking forward to the weekend as I am meeting up with Barb to go to a Stamping/Scrapbooking show
__________________
Laura Jean ~ LJ
My blog: Bucky Girl
"I have friends in low places....." ~ 9/5/2014 Chicago
LauraJean is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:43 AM   #509
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Good Morning
Jane - I found these card bins for $2 each - they would be perfect for housing cards at the RMH!!!
I am going to buy some soon.
If you order more than 1 you need to email the owner as the shipping is different for them.
for 10 Card Bins: Priority Flat Rate- $10.70

These are at THERE SHE GOES STAMPS
https://www.thereshegoesclearstamps..../products.html
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #510
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Sooooo Cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meluvstampin View Post
Good Morning
Jane - I found these card bins for $2 each - they would be perfect for housing cards at the RMH!!!
I am going to buy some soon.
If you order more than 1 you need to email the owner as the shipping is different for them.
for 10 Card Bins: Priority Flat Rate- $10.70

These are at THERE SHE GOES STAMPS
https://www.thereshegoesclearstamps..../products.html
They would look so nice for all the houses!!! We should have a WI get together to alter the boxes for the houses!!! Then, I can ship them out to all the houses full of cards!!!

Speaking of cards-- I just finished swapping out all the cards from my 2 swaps that I held. Between the +1's, and the cards that people donated, the local swaps that I've done this year, and the Stamp-a-Thon that I did before Easter, I have over 1,000 cards for RMD Houses!!!!!!

Can I hear a BIG WAHOO!!!!

A special THANK YOU goes out to Tina(meluvstampin) and June(stamper for fun)! More than half of the cards that I collected were donated by these 2 wonderful women!!!!

Other top donaters of both cards and stamping supplies were Traci(traci2944), Sandye(sgc), Carol from TN, Marci from GA, and I'm sure that I'm missing several, but after swapping out all those cards, packaging up other cards to try to keep up, organizing the supplies that I got in, and mailing packages out to some of our house adopters, and also to the people in the swaps who wanted to receive cards back, I am wiped out!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #511
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 47,344
Default

Here is a picture of the two boxes that hold the 38 treat bags and 100 cards that I am taking to the Tosa house. The treat bags have a bottle of bubbles, a mechanical pencil, some Smarties, some Peanut Butter Cups and some hard candies that are Baskin Robbin's flavors. They are tied with a red, white and blue ribbon.

Jane--I have not heard from the house yet--can I just go on Monday or should I call first?
Attached Thumbnails
rmh-may-2010.jpg  
__________________
Barb's Inky Blog {PIN}Spirational DT MelonHeadz DT The Crafter's Café DT
I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Whipper Snapper and/or Penny Black Cards ~ Due November 7th ~ With Prizes
New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #512
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default You can drop them off anytime!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Here is a picture of the two boxes that hold the 38 treat bags and 100 cards that I am taking to the Tosa house. The treat bags have a bottle of bubbles, a mechanical pencil, some Smarties, some Peanut Butter Cups and some hard candies that are Baskin Robbin's flavors. They are tied with a red, white and blue ribbon.

Jane--I have not heard from the house yet--can I just go on Monday or should I call first?
I'm sorry if I got you confused, Barb! Marilyn is really busy, and I just wanted to let her know that you are coming. When I bring cards, I usually just e-mail the house director or the volunteer coordinator or whoever my contact is at the house to let them know that I'm dropping off cards and/or goodies. So, I pass the baton to you, and next time you are ready to bring some more cards or whatnot, you will have her e-mail addy to just let her know to keep an eye out for the cards, so that they don't get lost in the shuffle!!!

The treat bags look really cute!!! I can't believe how quick you just whipped that all together! You are a Wonder Woman!!!! Have a great time on your trip!!! I hope the weather is good for you!

I also just mailed Yuli 125 cards today, so I need to update my card total in my siggy!!!! YEAH!!!!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #513
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Have Fun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Just stopping to say hello ~ Have not forgotten about RMH Madison Work has been a little crazy this week ~ Looking forward to the weekend as I am meeting up with Barb to go to a Stamping/Scrapbooking show
Is the show in madison??? Sounds like fun! I'm sure that Barb will get you involved before she makes up the next treat packs. She was just in a hurry to get them done, because she wanted to be able to enjoy the show with you, and she's leaving for VACATION!!!! I'm only about 45 min to an hour away, so when Barb gets back, we'll have to get together for lunch!

I'm busy this weekend with a fundraiser for a friend of the family who has stage 4 brain cancer that has not been responding to chemo or radiation. He already had surgery, and is having major left side problems because of where the tumor is located. He is a 35 yo father of 3. His oldest is 7, and the youngest is 2, and his one doctor told him that he can't do anything else for him. They are now in an experimental program, and their insurance company has refused to pay for any further treatment. SOOOOO SAD!!!!

I would be so appreciative if everyone could keep Aaron in their prayers. Also if anyone wants to send a card, you can send it to me, and I'll make sure that he gets it!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #514
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Hi everyone. I just got home.
I was all set to come yesterday until the pain started. Turns out I started bleeding in my thigh area inside.
They had to stop it and I had to stay in the hospital to make sure it stopped.

I will post more tomorrow.
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #515
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,954
Default

Tina, I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you are home.
__________________
**June K**
Stamper for fun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #516
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Hello everyone.
I am now home and so glad to be.
As you know I had my angiogram on Thursday morning. All went well and I was out at 10am. I then had to lay flat until 2pm to let the vein heal so it would not bleed.
Well I drank a Pepsi first thing at 2pm and then ate lunch. Got up to walk and all was fine.

At 3pm I was allowed to go home. So while I was getting dressed I had a sudden cramp that did not go away and got worse very fast. DH went to get the nurse and next thing they were putting me back in bed and holding pressure on the vein and that hurt!!
They had to hold for 1/2 hour. During this time they got my neuro doc and he said I ended getting a bleed inside and I had to get an CT scan immediately and then be admitted to the cardiac unit. It was my vein bleed so thats why I was put on this floor.

So the CTR scan did indeed show a bleed into the surrounding tissues of my groin and thigh. The good thing is that it bled here and not into my stomach.

So I was back on bed rest til this morning. Then I had to walk here and there today to make it would not bleed again. I got home about 6pm tonight.

SO now I am here recovering and very sore.

Thank you for all the well wishes! I really do appreciate them.
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #517
Stazon Splitcoast
 
LauraJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm on a payphone trying to call home...
Posts: 43,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Is the show in madison??? Sounds like fun! I'm sure that Barb will get you involved before she makes up the next treat packs. She was just in a hurry to get them done, because she wanted to be able to enjoy the show with you, and she's leaving for VACATION!!!! I'm only about 45 min to an hour away, so when Barb gets back, we'll have to get together for lunch!
It's in Milwaukee near the airport. I am taking a bus early in the morning to Waukesha and meeting Barb there. Which reminds me, I need to get to bed soon. I have to get up at 5:00AM. LOL~
__________________
Laura Jean ~ LJ
My blog: Bucky Girl
"I have friends in low places....." ~ 9/5/2014 Chicago
LauraJean is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #518
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 15,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
It's in Milwaukee near the airport. I am taking a bus early in the morning to Waukesha and meeting Barb there. Which reminds me, I need to get to bed soon. I have to get up at 5:00AM. LOL~
HAVE FUN!!!!!
I love going to stamp shows. The next here is in June and I cannot wait!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #519
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,016
Default Glad to have you back, Tina!

Glad that you are feeling better!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #520
Mad Swapper
 
lvpj2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,852
Default

Hey all, I just filled the first shoe box up with cards to donate to the Twin Cities Ronald McDonald House. Please help me fill 2 more shoe boxes. Please help spread the word!!!!
Much appreciated!
__________________
SU Demonstrator
Gift Card Holder Swap Due 10/27
lvpj2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off