Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #402
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday Stampin evening!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #403
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole

I don't have a house around me, but I'd love to donate some cards! Where do I send them?
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #404
Pearl-ExPert

Default Great!

Hi Jessica!

I'd love it if you could send them to Kate in Bismark! She's been having trouble getting cards for her house! I'll pm you with her address!

She needs anything that you are willing to part with! Cards, envelopes, stamping supplies, whatever!

Thanks so much for offering to help! I checked to see if there were any homes in neighboring states, and I found one in Las Vegas, but I think that is the closest one to Southern Utah! I guess that is a good thing, because where ever you find a RMD house, you find a lot of sick children. Salt Lake City has 3 houses. I know that they do a lot of brain research there!

Jane

Jane
Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #405
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole

THanks for the info!! I'm 2 1/2 hours away from Vegas and go down there, or pass through there often. I will make a few cards and send some extra supplies I have her way.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #406
Pearl-ExPert

Default That is not so far!!!

Do you want to adopt one of the Las Vegas houses???
Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #407
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Do you want to adopt one of the Las Vegas houses???
Sure!! Would it be okay if I mailed the stuff I collected to them then? If I go down there again soon, I'd gladly drop it off. I was just down there in February. I might go for my bday in June.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #408
Pearl-ExPert

Talking That would be great!

I'll tell Kate that I talked you into adopting your own house! I do have cards for her, so it's OK!

Do you want to contact the house about the cards or would you like me to contact them??? I'll look up the addresses and phone numbers of the houses, so you can decide which one you want to start with! LOL!

I usually ask all my stamping friends if they have extra cards that they want to part with a few times a year, and usually someone comes up with cards for me. I also ask all the demonstrators that I know if they want to donate any of the discontinued stuff that they have for RMD. I even take card fronts, and make them into cards when I have a chance!!!

I'm off to bed, so I'll talk to you more about this later!

I'm doing the HAPPY dance!!!

Jane
Old 05-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #409
Pearl-ExPert

If you dont mind getting the info for me, that would be great! I'm excited and glad I can help!!! I have a bunch of scrapping friends I'm sure wouldn't mind donating a few cards for me to send down there! What a great cause
Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #410
Pearl-ExPert

Talking There are 2 houses in Vegas

Here is the info about the 2 houses. I just usually call the house and ask to talk to the house director or the director of volunteers. I explain that we are a group of online stampers that want to help the families that are staying at RMD houses. Basically someone adopts a house, and then tries to keep the house supplied with cards and/or scrapbooking supplies for the families to use. I usually tell them that we have already adopted homes in WI, MT, ND, MN and our goal is to adopt every house in the USA! I only had one that told me no, not now! She said they were in the middle of a HUGE renovation project, and could I wait until summer to start donating cards!

I can send you some plastic sleeves to put the cards in to start you out. I usually buy them on e-bay, because they are much cheaper than buying them in a craft store. For example, I used to buy a package of 100 for $9.99. Now I get 1,000 for around $20. I'll send you a link to the website. I can also send you some cards to start the house out, too. I ALWAYS ask my stamping friends to help out with the project a few times each year! I just send out an e-mail to all my friends asking them if they have any extra cards, card fronts, stamping supplies that they would like to donate to the Ronald McDonald house. It seems with each e-mail, a new friend has just cleared out their stash and has cards for me! I've also organized workshops at my house where all the cards made go to RMD. It is usually a fun time to get together, eat, drink, and stamp!!! What more could anyone want, RIGHT???

Let me know if you need anything else or want me to call to get the ball rolling. WELCOME to our group and THANKS in advance for helping with this project!

Jane

• Ronald McDonald House in Las Vegas
    2323 Potosi Street
    Las Vegas, NV 89146 USA

Phone: 702 252-4663
    Fax: 702 252-7345

Map
  • Ronald McDonald House in Reno
    323 Maine Street
    Reno, NV 89502 USA

Phone: 775 322-4663
    Fax: 775 322-8670

Map
Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #411
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!! If you don't mind calling since I'm kinda shy lol I'll take care of it after that and get some cards their way! When I googled them last night I notices they also collected pop tops from the soda cans and I was planning to send those too. What kind of cards do they need most? How exciting! I can't wait to get started. I'll take the house in Vegas since Reno is farther away. I might even be able to swing by next time I'm there
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #412
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jane!
I was feeling so good last night from our day that I started another box now for supplies for the Minnesota house or for whereever they are needed!
I found much more DSP for you also that I forgot I had. I also talked to my neighbor (our boys are best buds) and she is a scrapbooker that has LOTS of stuff for us. SHe just has to get time to go through it and pull it out. ( she has 4 boys! twins age 8 - a 12 and 14 yr old so they keep her movin!!!LOL)

I also have a BOX of stamped images from Wish Rak. I will send you a PM on that. Its actually fun. When I have no idea what do create or in an iffy mood if I want to stamp or not - I grant wishes and then I am in the mood to create so its a good thing!!!
I just use the Georgia Pacific cardstock from Walmart as its 250 sheets for $5. Can't beat that.

Well today I am listing more things on ebay for stamping money. That way I get to buy new supplies/stamps/cardstock to keep me going!!

I would love to get together again soon at the coffee shop. I was thinking and with the other 2 places closed on us yesterday - It feels like we were suppose to find the coffee shop for us meeting and working on this. The owner was very nice also!

Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #413
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJessicaNichole View Post
Thank you!! If you don't mind calling since I'm kinda shy lol I'll take care of it after that and get some cards their way! When I googled them last night I notices they also collected pop tops from the soda cans and I was planning to send those too. What kind of cards do they need most? How exciting! I can't wait to get started. I'll take the house in Vegas since Reno is farther away. I might even be able to swing by next time I'm there
For the pop tops - are they the little tabs??? If so I can save mine for you also!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #414
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning everyone!!!
I also started a blank card swap and all +1 will be donated to the RMH!!

5+1 BLANK ALL OCCASION CARD SWAP!! DUE 7/15
Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #415
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by meluvstampin View Post
For the pop tops - are they the little tabs??? If so I can save mine for you also!
Yup! Exactly right! My dad said he would save his also! I plan on sending them down there with the cards.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #416
Pearl-ExPert

Default I think most of the houses collect the pop tabs!

That's wonderful girls!!! Most of the houses collect pop tops, I think. Most of the houses also have a website with a wish list. A lot of times, the things on the list are really easy things, like individually packaged snack foods, or shampoo, conditioner, bath get, soap, etc. from hotels, toothpaste, dental floss samples and toothbrushes from the dentist.

Jessica,

I'll call the LV house for you! I'll try to do it tomorrow! If you don't hear back from me about it before the end of the week-- remind me!!! Sometimes, I get caught up in my to do list for the day, and forget to write a list!!! LOL!!!

Tina,

You sound just like me! I try to involve everyone I know!!! There are so many people who want to help, but just don't know what to do. Like the friend who travels a lot, ask them to collect the soap and stuff for RMD!!!

I'd say we are cooking with gas on this project!!! THANKS to EVERYONE!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #417
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
That's wonderful girls!!! Most of the houses collect pop tops, I think. Most of the houses also have a website with a wish list. A lot of times, the things on the list are really easy things, like individually packaged snack foods, or shampoo, conditioner, bath get, soap, etc. from hotels, toothpaste, dental floss samples and toothbrushes from the dentist.

Jessica,

I'll call the LV house for you! I'll try to do it tomorrow! If you don't hear back from me about it before the end of the week-- remind me!!! Sometimes, I get caught up in my to do list for the day, and forget to write a list!!! LOL!!!

Tina,

You sound just like me! I try to involve everyone I know!!! There are so many people who want to help, but just don't know what to do. Like the friend who travels a lot, ask them to collect the soap and stuff for RMD!!!

I'd say we are cooking with gas on this project!!! THANKS to EVERYONE!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Oh really?! I have a million shampoo samples from hotels. My dad is pitching in to get me supplies for cards He said it sounded like a great cause.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #418
Pearl-ExPert

Default that sounds good!

Your dad sounds like a great guy! When I call the LV house, I'll ask if they are collecting shampoos and stuff and let you know. Most of them want them, though, because if someone forgets something, they can just pick up a sample.

I'll talk soon!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #419
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Your dad sounds like a great guy! When I call the LV house, I'll ask if they are collecting shampoos and stuff and let you know. Most of them want them, though, because if someone forgets something, they can just pick up a sample.

I'll talk soon!
Thank you!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 AM   #420
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning
Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #421
Pearl-ExPert

Default Got mail sent!!!

And got cards in!!!

I got more cards in today from stampingmamoo! She sent a whole bunch of extra thank you and birthday cards for the houses! She is also donating all her cards from the swap to RMD!!! YEAH Iris!!! THank you so much!

Kate, I got a package out to you today, priority flat rate! You should receive it in a few days. I sent some card fronts and some neutral and colored cardstock for you as well. I also sent some envies to you.

Linda, I got a package out to you today, as well. I think it only takes 2 days to get to St. Louis, but I guess time will tell!!! Let me know when you get it!

I'm also checking in with all the other adopters out there. I want to send everyone cards and envies to get this project rolling!!! So, keep the cards coming in!!! Yuli and Tina have already started swaps with the +1 going to RMD!!! This seems to be a great way to get the flow of cards coming in to you!!!

Everyone, please keep Tina-meluvstamping in your thoughts and prayers. She went to the doctor today, and got some not so good news. She is going to need to go in for surgery. Warm caring thoughts from all of us to you Tina!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #422
Pearl-ExPert

Oh no! Tina will be in my thoughts!

Not to be pushy, did you get a chance to call the LV house yet? No rush if you haven't have a good day everyone!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #423
Pearl-ExPert

Default Donating Swapped Cards & Other Stuff.

Just found this thread. I'll see what I can put together to send early next week. I have some card stock, ribbon and some other "stuff" that I'd be happy to donate. Also have a ton of beautiful cards from swaps I'll donate. It seems that my family and friends don't want cards that were made by other people (even if they are beautiful) because they sort of expect me to be making the cards personnally. I've stopped doing swaps but still have a ton of lovely cards I'd be happy to donate to such a worthy cause.

Didn't see the addy to send them. Please supply.

~Blessings,
Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #424
Pearl-ExPert

Default Found One

Found an address in the first post (sorry, should have looked there first). Is this still good?
Jane Newton
PO Box 403
Brandon, WI 53919
~Blessings,
Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #425
Pearl-ExPert

Default Still good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
Found an address in the first post (sorry, should have looked there first). Is this still good?
Jane Newton
PO Box 403
Brandon, WI 53919
~Blessings,
Thanks so much, Louise!!! That is still the address! I'm glad that you found our little thread! You must spoil your family with beautiful cards, so that they can be particular!!! I can't wait to take a look at your gallery!

I'll take anything that you are willing to part with, we just keep collecting stuff and when we have enough for a house to start a stamping/scrapbooking program, we give it to them. Then we just start collecting for another house!!!

PLUS, we ALWAYS need more cards!!! We even take card fronts from people and we make them into cards for RMD houses! Extra envies, card sleeves, scraps, whatever!

Thanks soooo much for helping this cause! All of the homes we have donated to so far are soooo grateful for the things we provide! It is nice to be able to help in some manner, no matter how small!!!

Hugs and Blessings to you also!
Jane
Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #426
Pearl-ExPert

Default Got the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJessicaNichole View Post
Oh no! Tina will be in my thoughts!

Not to be pushy, did you get a chance to call the LV house yet? No rush if you haven't have a good day everyone!
Hi Jessica,

I just finished talking to Dottie Scott at the Las Vegas home. She is thrilled that we are including the LV house in our program!!! The home is only 12 rooms but I don't know the average length of stay or occupancy rate. Dottie had to grab another line before we got to that. BUT, she is expecting your call! Her e-mail address is: dottiescott@rmhlv.com
and the number at the house is: (702)252-4663.

So, another house is ready to go!!! We'll start with cards first, and then you can talk about a scrapbooking program when/if you are ready to start collecting things for the house!

Thanks for reminding me to contact them! As I said, I get busy with so many things, that there is just not enough time in the day!

Thanks again for your help on this project!

Could you pm me your full name and e-mail address so that I can send it to Dottie???

Thanks,

Jane
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #427
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone!!!
Just poppin in to say hello
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #428
Pearl-ExPert

thank you! I pm'd you the info!

Quote:
Hi Jessica,

I just finished talking to Dottie Scott at the Las Vegas home. She is thrilled that we are including the LV house in our program!!! The home is only 12 rooms but I don't know the average length of stay or occupancy rate. Dottie had to grab another line before we got to that. BUT, she is expecting your call! Her e-mail address is: dottiescott@rmhlv.com
and the number at the house is: (702)252-4663.

So, another house is ready to go!!! We'll start with cards first, and then you can talk about a scrapbooking program when/if you are ready to start collecting things for the house!

Thanks for reminding me to contact them! As I said, I get busy with so many things, that there is just not enough time in the day!

Thanks again for your help on this project!

Could you pm me your full name and e-mail address so that I can send it to Dottie???

Thanks,

Jane
Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #429
Pearl-ExPert

Default Hey Girlfriend!

Quote:
Hello everyone!!!
Just poppin in to say hello
Hope today was a good day for you! How many cards did you make???

I had a GYN appt this morning and an appt with the dentist in the afternoon, so no cards for me today! I'm packing up a box of cards for Jessica and her new house in Las Vegas tonight to hopefully get it out in the morning!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #430
Hardware Hotshot

Just stopping by to say hi.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hope today was a good day for you! How many cards did you make???

I had a GYN appt this morning and an appt with the dentist in the afternoon, so no cards for me today! I'm packing up a box of cards for Jessica and her new house in Las Vegas tonight to hopefully get it out in the morning!!!
I made about 18 cards so far. More tonight and tomorrow.

Can you all do me a favor and say a prayer for my FIL? He has been very ill and is in kidney failure and severe dementia that came on suddenly and now has an unknown widespread infection.
There was a family meeting yesterday and if he is not improved by Sunday they are putting him in Hospice and withdrawing all dialysis and everything else to let him go.
We keep thinking of the saying - "God does not give us more than we can handle" and that has become a comfort to us.

Back to a happier note. I got a NEW stamp set sent to me from a fellow SCSer and it is perfect for kiddie birthday cards! I am going to open it tonight after work and create.
I will post cards in my Gallery when i get them finished.

Jane - I did talk to my neighbor last night. She is going to start going through her stuff to give to us. She has oodles and oodles of printed scrapbook papers for us!! And I mean LOTS!!!
She also has embellishments she will go through and give to us.
Woohoo!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #432
Glitter Guru

Hey everyone...long time here from me. I hope all is well with you Tina!

Jane I got your box today, but the note inside is to Linda...I wonder if I got the wrong box?? Let me know please. One of my SU demonstrators will be donating a fresh stock of cards the end of this month and I have plenty of my own supplies to replenish them with so we should be good for awhile.

Keep up the great work!!
Kate
Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #433
Pearl-ExPert

Default Oops!!!

No, I probably put your note in Linda's box, but they both said basically the same thing!!! LOL

Sorry!

I also put the candle catalogs in there, so if you both want (PLEASE don't feel like you HAVE to do this, I'm only offering it if you want to do it, but it is a good deal for you to defray costs!!!), you can earn money for the project to cover your expenses with a catalog show. Basically, it would be just like a home party, except you just ask friends and family to buy something, and instead of me giving you candles, I'll just give you the hostess dollars in DOLLAR$!!!!! Basically, I'm giving you my profit as well, because with hostess dollars, you usually get 10% of the party sales. It is just my way of helping to keep the project successful. Basically, I figures that if the project is too expensive for people with the purchase of envelopes, card sleeves, card stock, mailing expenses, and even stamping supplies, that house adopters might not continue the project. By doing this, I am giving each adopter a way to fund those expenses by selling a few candles a month. For example, if you need to order card sleeves, you can sell 2 candles and earn $12 to buy them. Does that make sence??? All you have to do is sell a couple of candles, collect the money, make out a check, keeping the $12 for yourself and mail me or send me a paypal payment and an e-mail or pm with the order, and I will mail you out the candles!

If you have any questions, pm me!

Jane!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #434
Pearl-ExPert

Default Will do!

Quote:
I made about 18 cards so far. More tonight and tomorrow.

Can you all do me a favor and say a prayer for my FIL? He has been very ill and is in kidney failure and severe dementia that came on suddenly and now has an unknown widespread infection.
There was a family meeting yesterday and if he is not improved by Sunday they are putting him in Hospice and withdrawing all dialysis and everything else to let him go.
We keep thinking of the saying - "God does not give us more than we can handle" and that has become a comfort to us.

Back to a happier note. I got a NEW stamp set sent to me from a fellow SCSer and it is perfect for kiddie birthday cards! I am going to open it tonight after work and create.
I will post cards in my Gallery when i get them finished.

Jane - I did talk to my neighbor last night. She is going to start going through her stuff to give to us. She has oodles and oodles of printed scrapbook papers for us!! And I mean LOTS!!!
She also has embellishments she will go through and give to us.
Woohoo!!!
Tina,

Both you and your FIL are in my thoughts and prayers!!! It sounds like your FIL is in the end stages of renal failure. It is harder on the family than on your FIL, because with the dementia, he probably is not in any pain. I really feel like God works in strange ways, because I think that sometimes people pray, and they don't think God hears them, because they are not seeing the big picture. Maybe the dementia is God's way of easing your FIL's pain and suffering, because he probably is unaware of most everything! Again, maybe the family isn't quite ready to let your FIL go, so God is giving them the time they need to adjust to the fact that God is calling him home.

Just my thoughts about God and illness.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jane
Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #435
Pearl-ExPert

Tina- Your FIL is in my thoughts.

I'm thinking of hosting a card making party at my local library, and get people around town to come and help me make cards to donate to the Las Vegas house. Though I'm not sure how in the world I'll get people to know about it LOL but I did mention it on facebook. Our library has rooms to reserve and most of the time they are empty.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #436
Pearl-ExPert

Default That is a GREAT idea!

Make up a flyer and ask them to post it on the library bulliten board or put it by the front desk! You can also call all the churches and ask them to post it in their bulliten. PLUS, send an e-mail to all your contacts! Make up an event posting and invite all your FB friends to the event!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #437
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tina,

Both you and your FIL are in my thoughts and prayers!!! It sounds like your FIL is in the end stages of renal failure. It is harder on the family than on your FIL, because with the dementia, he probably is not in any pain. I really feel like God works in strange ways, because I think that sometimes people pray, and they don't think God hears them, because they are not seeing the big picture. Maybe the dementia is God's way of easing your FIL's pain and suffering, because he probably is unaware of most everything! Again, maybe the family isn't quite ready to let your FIL go, so God is giving them the time they need to adjust to the fact that God is calling him home.

Just my thoughts about God and illness.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jane
Thank you so much for these words.
My FIL passed away while he was sleeping at about 7pm last night.
It was sudden but quiet. Everyone was there visiting him so he was not alone.
We are comforted by he is not suffering any longer and he is now with my MIL.

last nightr I worked on gathering my cards and packaging them for the RMH.
I have one stuff box ready to roll! I will be making more today after and a run the Walmart/Michaels. I am completely out of tape runners
Old 05-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #438
Pearl-ExPert

Default Prayers and Thoughts of comfort...

...are coming your way Tina. I'm glad that the whole family could be there. Your FIL is probably smiling down on them as he sits and rocks with the love of his life!

Hugs!
Jane
Old 05-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #439
Pearl-ExPert

Tina- good thoughts are going your way.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #440
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Make up a flyer and ask them to post it on the library bulliten board or put it by the front desk! You can also call all the churches and ask them to post it in their bulliten. PLUS, send an e-mail to all your contacts! Make up an event posting and invite all your FB friends to the event!!!!
Oh! I always forget about the events I can post!! My friend said she'd love to do it, so even if it's just her and me we can get some made!