Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Card Requests (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-requests-f202/)
-   -   Hunter Is Home & Would Love Some Cards! UPDATE! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-requests-f202/hunter-home-would-love-some-cards-update-t551748.html)

Stamping Servant 04-06-2012 11:35 AM

Hunter Is Home & Would Love Some Cards! UPDATE!

I am requesting cards for Hunter Rozier, a 17-year-old high school junior recovering from a very serious car accident. On April 2nd, he hit a tree on his way to work leaving him with a fractured skull, a broken scapula, a broken jaw, a fractured rib and a partially collapsed lung. Hunter is a home-schooled Christian young man who loves to learn and loves baseball.

If anyone would like to encourage Hunter and his family by sending a card, this is his address:

Hunter Rozier
199 Goshen Road
Cumberland, VA 23040

Hunter's family is requesting prayers for his complete recovery. This is his Caringbridge site:

CaringBridge / Hunter Rozier / Journal

APRIL 20TH - HE'S HOME! - The discharge plans are finalized and Hunter will be home on Friday afternoon. Praise God for what He has accomplished! God has been Hunterís strength and help, and God has upheld him with his right hand (Isaiah 41:10). He has done the same thing for the rest of our family. It has been a three week period like no other in our lives, and we thank God that He has met us and provided faith at each stage. There are many steps that still need to be taken, but there is something special about being able to have your son at home and able to sleep in a regular bed (no more tubes, no more restraints, no more neck braces, no more vital sign checks throughout the night, no more heavy medications, and the list could go on). We have to pinch ourselves. This is really happening!

The last two days have remained busy with therapy, but now we also been busy having meetings and planning for the transition home. On Wednesday, we met with most all of the doctors and therapists involved with Hunterís care. Hunter is able to do so many things that will be needed for him to function at home so that is an amazing blessing. He is able to walk and has been cleared to use our stairs with direct supervision. He is able to perform all the main activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, etc. that we all take for granted. On Thursday, he actually baked cookies in the Occupational Therapy kitchen. The speech therapist told us on Thursday that Hunter is functioning well on the assessments they gave him with his scores being indicative of the functioning level of a person who is 16 years and 5 months old. Hunter is 17 years and three months old. This is remarkable for the time period after his injury. The speech therapist says that he has most of the functioning he had before, but it has been depressed by the accident. With time, she believes it will all come back. She made the statement that it is likely that in two years we wonít be able to tell he even had this accident. We would be grateful for that, but God seems to be working on an even faster time line. Whatever the time line, we believe that Hunter will be completely healed.

That being said, Hunter still does have memory and sight challenges from the brain injury, and he will still receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy on an outpatient basis.

We thank you all for your tireless prayers and petitions to our heavenly Father, and for the unity of love and purpose for the healing of our son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The above CaringBridge post by Hunter's family really says it all. If anyone would like to send a card to Hunter while he continues his therapy, I know he would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Rita

Stamping Servant 04-10-2012 04:46 AM

Bumping for Hunter!

Stamping Servant 04-16-2012 11:16 AM

Please consider sending Hunter a card to encourage him in his recovery.

Thank you!

Rita

craftymomto2 04-16-2012 07:05 PM

Rita I would love to send him a card but I'm at a loss as to what to send. I don't have any stamps for a teenager. Any suggestions?

Stamping Servant 04-17-2012 02:59 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2 (Post 19358759)
Rita I would love to send him a card but I'm at a loss as to what to send. I don't have any stamps for a teenager. Any suggestions?

Hi Mary .... thank you so much for asking. I'm always in the same situation when it comes to teenage boys! What I did for Hunter was to make a card with a lighthouse theme using lighthouse and anchor images. I also computer-generated a stanza of the sailor's hymn, "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me" and added that along with a Bible verse because I understand that he loves to study the Bible and would be encouraged by scripture. If you have any nature images .... trees, birds, animals, etc., they would be appropriate for him.

Thank you so much, Mary!

Blessings .... Rita

nancysboy1 04-19-2012 02:07 AM

I will send Hunter out a card today!

Stamping Servant 04-19-2012 03:09 AM

Many Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancysboy1 (Post 19364798)
I will send Hunter out a card today!

Thank you so much!

~ Rita

Stamping Servant 04-21-2012 08:56 AM

Bumping for Hunter .... Please see the original post to learn how well Hunter is progressing. I know it would brighten his day to receive some happy mail!

~ Rita

craftymomto2 05-05-2012 05:24 PM

Many apologies Rita, but I FINALLY got a card made and put it the post office box in the morning.

Stamping Servant 05-06-2012 02:55 AM

Mary .... thank you so much!

~ Rita

craftymomto2 05-06-2012 09:15 AM

Anytime...:)

bensarmom 08-04-2012 06:17 PM

Are cards still needed?

Stamping Servant 08-05-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensarmom (Post 19598427)
Are cards still needed?

Thank you for asking .... I'm sure Hunter would love to receive more cards. He is making great strides in his recovery, but is still healing from the head trauma and is undergoing intense physical therapy. I'm sure your card would be a great encouragement to him and his family.

~ Rita