Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Card Requests (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-requests-f202/)
-   -   card for 12 year old boy with cancer (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-requests-f202/card-12-year-old-boy-cancer-t551796.html)

etsdas 04-07-2012 08:59 AM

card for 12 year old boy with cancer

[COLOR="Blue "]Please note - sadly JR passed away late this summer. See post #13.
[/COLOR]
I have a request for an encouragement card.
A bit of background... some weeks ago a friend of mine was featured as the TeaPot challenge destination. An acquaintance saw all the awesome cards, and wanted me to see if I could have cards sent to the grandson of her friend. The TeaPot destinations are filled for a while, so I thought maybe some one here would see this.

J R is a 12 year old boy with devastating cancer. He has lost an arm and part of a collar bone, and the cancer is in his lungs. He has lots of interests - the Baltimore Colts is a favorite team. He likes a music group called BIg Time Rush (I have no clue...), animals, 4H, and 4 wheeling - lots of options there!

J R Burnette
P O Box 305
Arrey, NM 87930
(that is about 175 m. south of Albuquerque)

Thank you for whatever you can do.

etsdas 04-18-2012 05:28 AM

Cards would still be welcome!

nancysboy1 04-19-2012 02:10 AM

I will be sending JR out a card today. I spent 20 yrs in Albuquerque, love it!

etsdas 04-30-2012 12:30 PM

Thank you, nancysboy.

cr8iveme 06-28-2012 06:30 AM

How is J R? Are cards still needed?

Mothermark 06-29-2012 02:39 AM

Dorothy.....do you want to put JR in the schedule for sometime in August? We booke through August but I would be happy to schedule him....

cr8iveme 07-02-2012 09:55 AM

Sent my card out for J R today.

Maudhuit 09-23-2012 07:57 AM

Hi there. I teach a class of 32 7th graders who are looking to communicate monthly with someone around their own age. Would JR be up for receiving an onslaught of cards from a class full of 7th graders in the Cleveland, Ohio area? Let me know your thoughts and thanks!

etsdas 09-25-2012 05:19 PM

I will need to check my contact, and I am not sure she is back in AZ for the winter. I will have to do some checking to see what J.R.'s status is right now.
That is some offer and I hope it will work out. I will be back...

Quilling_Queen 10-05-2012 05:40 AM

Are they still accepting cards?

KristiK 10-06-2012 08:58 PM

I would mail a card also if still needed....

etsdas 10-07-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas (Post 19710679)
I will need to check my contact, and I am not sure she is back in AZ for the winter. I will have to do some checking to see what J.R.'s status is right now.
That is some offer and I hope it will work out. I will be back...

So far, I have not been able to obtain more current information.
I do not get on Facebook, but earlier I was able to just view J.R.'s page. Today I am not allowed to do that!
The bottom line is, I will continue to try to update this. I appreciate the renewed interest.

etsdas 10-07-2012 02:47 PM

I have sad news to report. I just had lunch with a friend who is acquainted with the family, and she told me that JR had passed away late this summer.
Thank you to those who have offered to send cards, and to those who sent cards earlier..
A special thanks to DancingRain who spent some time locating a FaceBook page for JR.
As she commented, we know that he no longer suffers and is in a better place.