Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Please can you donate a card and a prayer for Jack

Sadly Jack passed away last night.
www.jackbrownappeal.org

UPDATE BOTTOM OF PAGE 3

I would like to tell you about Jack Brown who is the 6 year old son of DS Yvonne Brown and DC Dick Brown, both officers in the Metropolitan Police and whom I used to work on cases with, he is a lively lovely boy who just wants to survive. Jack is suffering from Neuroblastoma, a rare form of cancer that affects less than 100 children a year in the UK. This cancer currently has no direct form of funding from the UK government for treatment beyond the first stage.
The treatment Jack that is now receiving, which could save his life, is only available in America at a cost of already more than $750,000. Yvonne and Richard are trying to raise the funds to enable him to have continue treatment and have come to the half way point almost, but it has been a long hard struggle and Yvonne and Richard besides raising funds are caring for their 2 other children, as well as dealing with Jack’s treatment and all of his highs and lows. Jack’s parents don’t have the access to health insurance as many families in the USA would and they don’t have the free care of the NHS in the UK so every cent of Jack’s treatment and care must be met by them. Jack’s parents meet all of the family’s other expenses out of their pocket.

Please can you send a card for sale to help, each of us who donates a card for sale may well HELP SAVE JACK’S LIFE. The cards are sold to help pay for Jack’s treatment in America.
My goal has always been to help Jack by reaching out to others who can help. Starting an appeal for cards meant that so many people could multiply their donation from the cost of making the card to the amount raised from it’s sale, everyone who tells someone who donates for Jack helps to fund his life saving treatment. Please help to continue this chain of help and hope for his family by sending in some of your beautiful cards
You could help Jack by making cards of ANY design or nature, for Jack’s family to sell This is an appeal I began in England nearly 1 year ago, and the response was fantastic. What touches Jack’s family is the time and effort everyone puts into their contribution, and all of the notes of good wishes that accompany the cards.

For more information on the Jack Brown appeal visit www.jackbrownappeal.org
Also see him on the BBC news website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6427685.stm
UPDATE
Jack will be able to return to the UK shortly for the first time since November, when he was rushed over to the USA with literally weeks to live, if the tumour growing in his brain remained untreated. He had been undergoing not only the treatment programme but brain surgery and radiotherapy. The Brown family still have to raise a lot of money for Jack's future treatment, and even one card will be gratefully received
Jack will have to return to the USA regularly and the cost of his treatment continues to grow, for now could you please send cards to his UK address
Should anyone else like to send cards, the address is :

[B]The Jack Brown Appeal
42 Bedford Avenue
BARNET
Herts EN5 2EP
[/B]

Last edited by coffeeaddictsam; 05-04-2009 at 01:53 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6427685.stm
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Gallery Gazer

bump for more thoughts for Jack.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Old 05-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Beth thanks for the bump
Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I now live in Flin Flon, MB Waaaaaaaaaaaaay up north.
Send a message via MSN to mustardseed Send a message via Yahoo to mustardseed Send a message via Skype™ to mustardseed

Hi there,

I am an artist and have a large framed painting that I did of Central Park. My DH and are moving soon and can't take it with us so I was planning on selling it. Since they are in NYC it would be perfect to sale there to help earn money for their son. This isn't the best photo of it but you can see it here.http://virb.com/mustardseed/photos/126818 If they would like I would love to donate it to them to help them help their son. Let me know.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:32 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to mustardseed Send a message via Yahoo to mustardseed Send a message via Skype™ to mustardseed

I have a dear friend who wants to donate a hand made hook rug I'm goign to post on my blogs and on another site I'm on asking people for donations of their talents and creations.

Last edited by mustardseed; 05-08-2007 at 06:45 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardseed
I have a dear friend who wants to donate a hand made hook rug I'm goign to post on my blogs and on another site I'm on asking people for donations of their talents and creations.
Thanks Mustardseed.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #8
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to rcmarroquin

I would be more than willing to donate a bunch of cards to help them out. This story tugs at my heart strings big time because my nephew was diagnosed with neuroblastoma when he was 14mos. old. We were lucky that they found it in time because he is now a happy, healthy 4 yr. old. I'll go through my card stash to gather up the ones to donate to the family. TY so much for posting about this family.

Hugs,
RC
Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
I would be more than willing to donate a bunch of cards to help them out. This story tugs at my heart strings big time because my nephew was diagnosed with neuroblastoma when he was 14mos. old. We were lucky that they found it in time because he is now a happy, healthy 4 yr. old. I'll go through my card stash to gather up the ones to donate to the family. TY so much for posting about this family.

Hugs,
RC
Thank you so much for offering to help. I am so glad your nepher got through this-every survivor offers hope to every family faced with the news.

Sam
Old 05-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #10
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Guys

Jack's mum had a card sale at the Ronald Macdonald House last Friday and the cards went really well- people just keep asking for more- so please help if you can.

Also can you please pray for my aunt who is having major surgery tomorrow to remove a tumour from her spine.

Sam
Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
Pearl-ExPert

I found a way to get the painting to them. I'm so excited. I've been praying so hard. We have some friends who live in Quebec City who were here for church today. They go to NYC every summer so they are going to take it to them for me.

BTW I'm still wating to hear from you with info from Yvonne. THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddictsam
Hi Guys

Jack's mum had a card sale at the Ronald Macdonald House last Friday and the cards went really well- people just keep asking for more- so please help if you can.

Also can you please pray for my aunt who is having major surgery tomorrow to remove a tumour from her spine.

Sam

Last edited by mustardseed; 05-13-2007 at 04:42 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 04:59 AM   #12
Gallery Gazer

Another bump and more positive thoughts for Jack.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Moving up for Jack
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone for being so supportive over this appeal. There are so many heart warming stories on here- but I know that any or all of you who met Jack would really think he is a great kid and that's why I am asking you all for help.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #15
Pearl-ExPert

I have been reading everyone on here's messages, and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sam
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

sending a package of cards out this week... hope they help...
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #17
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinupconsultan View Post
sending a package of cards out this week... hope they help...
Thank you so much they really will help, and Jack's brother and sister get so excited opening the packages and looking at the cards before they are sold. It really is great that with everything so tough for the family they get this treat.

Sam
Old 05-31-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Crimping Master

coffeeaddictsam~
Are there any types of cards that are selling better than others (B-day, baby etc?)

My DD will be getting more tests for neuroblastoma on 12 June so I can only imagine what they are going through right now.

I guess this is a good excuse to use my new Giga scalloped oval punch!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi's Mommy View Post
coffeeaddictsam~
Are there any types of cards that are selling better than others (B-day, baby etc?)

My DD will be getting more tests for neuroblastoma on 12 June so I can only imagine what they are going through right now.

I guess this is a good excuse to use my new Giga scalloped oval punch!
Thank you so much for offering to help. If you read Jack's story on www.jackbrownappeal.org you will see it took a long hard fight for his mother to get a diagnosis.
I wish your DD well, if you need any additional info Sloane Kettering as I understand it is the place to begin your research, but luckily the USA is strides ahead of the UK when it comes to this disease. I'll remember you and DD in my prayers

All cards sell-birthdays and births are the ones people always want to buy special cards for. .

Sam
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #20
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Sending some cards out today. Hope this address is still current for Yvonne.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Sending some cards out today. Hope this address is still current for Yvonne.

Thanks Shirley- All of the cards really do help. As does everyone's best wishes and hard work that shine through in the cards that are donated.

Sam
Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Jack's mum has had several requests for graduation cards-so I was wondering if those of you in the USA could maybe put together some congratulations on graduating cards in the next few days, as these would be very popular and probably get there much faster than the ones I shall be sending from England.

Many Thanks
Sam
Old 06-11-2007, 05:33 AM   #23
Pearl-ExPert

I hope nobody minds if I keep this bumped up? It's just the cards to sell and the prayers are 2 things that really give Jack's mom a boost.

The whole family are always touched by just how much effort goes into these cards, so that they can be sold to pay for Jack's treatment.

Sam
Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

Please help Jack's family if you can/ the cards cheer up his siblings as they sort them, and the fact that people show they care by donating cards is a real boost to his mom and Dad.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

BTTT
Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #26
Glitter Guru

Have a pack of cards ready for the mail in the morning. My prayers are
with Jack and his family.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the
righteous run to it and are safe."
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #27
Matboard Maniac

Sticking some in the mailbox this morning.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
Cardstock Collector

hi, i'm new to SCS and just found this thread. I am wondering are Jack and his family still at Ronald McDonald house? i live in the New york City area and will absolutely make cards and want to know do they need anything else? stuff for the siblings like markers, toys? clothes? a visit? i want to help however i can! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #29
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping for Jack
Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #30
Pearl-ExPert

Judy and Kristen Thank you so much for the cards!

Mustardseed thanks for the bump.

Misteri1 the family are still at Ronald McDonald House- and am sure anything you could do to help would be gratefully received. I will email Jack's mom and send you a PM. Sam
Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
Pearl-ExPert

Just a bump keep Jack and his family in your prayers.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #32
Forum Fanatic

bump
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #33
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post
bump
Thanks Blue Bear
Old 08-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #34
Pearl-ExPert

Bumpin Up
Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm new to SCS and would like an update on Jack and his family. I would also like to send cards. Please PM me and let me know...My prayers are with Jack and anyone who loves him

My BLOG: http://dolcedebsdesigns.blogspot.com/ please visit...thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #36
Forum Fanatic

Is the address still the same...I'll put together a packet this weekend.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #37
Pearl-ExPert

Address still the same, for now I will update when he comes back for a break but he'll be back in New York soon enough. thanks everyone!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #38
Pearl-ExPert

Please keep Jack in your thoughts as he prepares for some minor surgery, and keep his family's fundraising in your prayers as the cost of their medical bills has just hit the 1million mark.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #39
Pearl-ExPert

I have ammended and so now I shall bump.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #40
Die Cut Diva

How sad. Any limit to number of cards in one mailing? Include envelopes?

My Gallery