Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Its so nice to have SCS to come to when other's need some love, support, prayers, kind thoughts and a reason to look forward to getting the mail!!!
This is my story!
1. The office I work in has an adjoining office where a friend of mine (Carla) spends her days. About 2-3 weeks ago, Carla did not come in as she was taking her 22 year old daughter to the doctor.
2. Her daughter (Lindsay) and her husband just moved back to Fort Collins Colorado to look for work and start their family. It wasn't too long ago (around Christmas) that Carla was bouncing off the walls at the announcement that her daughter was pregnant and she was gonna be a first time grandma! Lindsay is 4 months along now.
3. Carla took Lindsay to the doctor about 2 weeks ago because Lindsay's lympnodes were swolen and a biopsy had been recommended. They went in early in the morning and by that afternoon had a pretty good indication that the Lindsay's pregnancy was going to change from one of the happiest times in her life to one of the scariest, worrisome, and challenging times in her life.
4. She was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and by Thursday (3 days later) began Chemo. Lindsay has to have Chemo every 2 weeks for the next six months which will take her beyond her delivery. The doctors told them that had she been in her first trimester, they would have recommended aborting the baby but because she is in the second trimester, the baby would be protected from the Chemo by the placenta.
5. Last week on Thursday night Lindsay shaved her head (as well as some of her family members) and as you can imagine, for a 22 year old, that was quite tramatic! At 22 years of age, Lindsay has a long road ahead as does her young husband and family.
6. My request today is cards for Lindsay. I asked Carla if she would enjoy receiving some cards of encouragement and love from some of my card making buddies and Carla just beamed with joy at my suggestion. She said Lindsay has always enjoyed seeing my cards and would absolutely love the happy mail!
So here I am again making a request for cards for a unfortunate situation but I am so pleased that I have this avenue to turn down to bring Lindsay some love! As you can imagine her and her young husband are numb from this!
Please pm me for the address as I would prefer not to post it in a public forum.
Cindy, I am sending you a pm. I will be more than happy to send a card to Lindsay.
Thank you so much Kheila! I just got it off to you.....for some reason my pms are moving very slowly...you know...sitting here watching that arrow thingy go in circles! Snort! Thank you so so much!
Oh, Cindy. This is such a touching story. My heart goes out to this young couple. I have had many cancer incidents in my own family, but none as difficult as this. It is a good message we can send to them to be positive and to be brave enough to believe that their future can still be bright. I am off to create for them.
Hi Kathy......thank you so much! I pmed you the address.....You rock girlfriend!
And Metalcharm (sounds so funny to call you that - Tee Hee!).....That would be awesome if you send another down the road a little! And I most certainly will keep you all informed of Lindsay's progress.....I know all of you will be thinking of her, praying for her, sending her happy thoughts!
Thank you Cathy, Pat and Sabrina! I have pmed Pat and Cathy, Sabrina, I will send you her address right now! How fun to receive a card from Ireland, Happy Cow Country and Brrr....Minnesota! You guys are the best! Thanks so much!!!
Cindy, I will send you a PM for the address. I can understand the shock and pain. My SIL...he was 38... had HL 2 yrs ago and fortunately all PET scans have been clear so far. HL is one cancer that has the highest success rate with treatment. Yes, chemo is rough...very rough. Let's hope Lindsey and her baby come through this with the same results my SIL did.
I've been "lurking" on the TPT challenges for weeks now (been following your glob in Feedblitz for over a year, too), but haven't quite jumped in yet. This looks like when I need to motivate and play along! Pm'ing you now...
I'm blogging again: random.on purpose.
Within you there is a solitude and peace to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself...
OMG! Thank you all! I think I have sent everyone a pm here...but please let me know if I missed you! Thanks for the words of encouragement....for your awesome willing to take part...for the wonderful cards that Lindsay will receive!
Sue.....I can't wait until you join us at a teaparty...we are a goofy group..I would love to see you at our parties.....whisper...we are just a bunch of innocent, wannabe wild and crazy partiers who pretend there is something in the tea! Bwahaha!
I have a dear friend that we have been buddies for many years. I use to live 2 doors from her. She has cancer, and there is nothing more that they can do for her. She is home on Hospice. She also has Parkinsons Disease, and she is a diabetic. She is such a brave person too, through all this. I really would appreciate it if you ladies could send her a card too. You can pm me for her name and address.
Thank You soooo much
Ruth....so happy that you are with us.....14 years! Wow, congrats to you! I pmed you the address......I am sure this one is *close to your heart*......
Snosnertiesnot...you you calling goofie????
Thank YOU all..I am tempted to thank you all individually but yikes, just can't do it! I hope that I got everyone the address...please yell at me if you didn't get it and I will jump on it pronto...remember...I am old! Giggle! and getting older!!!!