Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Heart Cards Wanted for American Cancer Society Fundraiser!

Hi Everyone~

Hi! I need 500 cards by December 2nd!!! I am reaching out to fellow card makers to help me with a fundraising project for the American Cancer Society.

My mother is the Chair for the American Cancer Society's Re-lay this April! She is in charge of the Orlando relay (East Orange County.) It
is one of their largest fundraisers. It is a beautiful event actually. It lasts 24 hours. This event is to help people with any type of cancer...and they also promote awareness.

The first lap they have the Survivors...which includes both of my parents...walk. The second lap the caretakers and family walk. Then, they
have everyone walk a lap. The lap is a mile. There must be someone walking at all times! This is being held on a high school's track...which has
this special component in it. The track absorbs the impact of each step.

My mother has met with the different clubs of this high school and the kids are participating by sleeping over...and walking when there is a
spot without someone walking...perhaps at 2:18 in the morning!

My mother was assigned an area of 2 miles where she can go to businesses and ask for donations. Sadly, her area has about 5 businesses only. A
Dollar Store, a pawn shop and I don't know the others. She needs to raise money for tents...12 -I believe, tables, food, water, Gatorade, table
cloths and more. Everything that they need for that day...they need to raise money to buy the items. The American Society does not provide them.

I offered one fundraising idea of making baskets with cards, note cards, envelopes, pen, stamps...and sell them. She would rather...and I have
accepted...that I sell sets of stamped cards. I am putting 10 cards in a set, with envelopes, and tying them together with ribbon. I have 2
opportunities to sell the cards...One is the end of the 2nd week in December! The other is at the event in April. I need to have 50 sets of cards by the 2nd of December. I need another 100 sets by mid-March. I sat down and started making cards...there is no way I can make those cards on my own! ! Duh!!

I need help! So, I am asking friends, and some of the stamp blogs that I love...to please donate as many cards as they can. Every cent will go to the American Cancer Society. The sets can be made of the same card, or an assortment. If you were to send individual cards, I may put them with other similar cards from someone else.

I am asking you, if there is anyway your you and your friends could be asked to help out...if they would like to help! I thank you for
even considering helping out. Stopping cancer is close to my heart. Please let me know what you think. And, just to be clear...this has nothing to do with my blog-- He IS Able!

Thank you, I would be happy for even one card...although a set of 10 is even better! More would be a miracle! If you could please put them in plastic envelopes to avoid people getting oils from their hands on the cards. When you send cards, please be sure they are in a plastic bag. We get lots of rain in FL. If you have any questions, please pm me. Thanks for considering this very worthwhile charity!

He IS Able,
Traci Starkweather

Traci Starkweather
116 Colyer Drive
Longwood, FL 32779
USA

You can send me a message at "Traci S." or TraciStarkweather@gmail.com

Last edited by Traci S.; 12-09-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: My email changed. Thanks so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Insane Embellisher

Smile 500 cards needed by 12/2!!

I hope you have read the thread to see why I need help getting 500 cards together by December 2nd, and another 1,000 by the second week in March.

Please help by sending an above mentioned set, or a few individual cards. Every card helps!

Thank you so much for helping out!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Crimping Master

Hi Tracy,
I mailed you some cards today Priority from TN, so they should arrive by Friday
Karen S
Old 12-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
Crimping Master

Traci,
Did my cards arrive in time?
Karen S
Old 12-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Karen~

Thank you so much for the beautiful cards! The sale of the cards
will bring help to the American Cancer Society which helps people with
any type of cancer. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

God Bless!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Crimping Master

Glad you liked them.
Thanks for letting me know they arrived safely.
Karen S
Old 12-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Insane Embellisher

Heart Still hoping for my cards...American Cancer Society Fundraiser!

I just wanted to let people know that we are still hoping to get 100 additional cards sets (10 cards/envelopes,) to sell at the April Re-Lay for Life 24 hour Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society!

We are happy to receive your matching cards as a set...or if you send additional cards we will make sets by theme to sell. Every cent goes to the American Cancer Society Fundraiser!

We are so grateful for all of the cards we have already received, and are currently selling at all meetings and mini-events!

Please read the message above if you are interested in helping out. We are very thankful for whatever you can do.

He IS Able,
Traci Starkweather

p.s. Holiday cards of any type are welcome-as well.

Mail cards in plastic sleeves if possible (keeps hands off of your beautiful art) with envelopes to:

Traci Starkweather
116 Colyer Drive
Longwood, FL 32779
USA

Please put everything in a plastic bagas as it rains here quite a bit!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Crimping Master

Hi Traci,
I received a lovely card from your Mother thanking me for the cards I sent.
It was a lovely surprise.
Thank you
Karen S