Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By smhtwin
  • 1 Post By Ldumont999
  • 1 Post By mauiueno
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaBabydoll
  • 1 Post By Ldumont999

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cards for Jayden (age 6)

Hello everyone. I am hoping to flood a little boy with some cards. If you, and anyone or any group you know, would be willing to send some fun cards to 6 year old boy, I would really appreciate it. The young man's name is Jayden. He is six years old, in the first grade (reads very well) and loves anything to do with trucks or race cars. They can be sent to my address and I will see that he gets them.

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Background - A few weeks ago Jayden (age 6), his mom (Sarah), and his little sister (Ella, Age 2 1/2) went to a pumpkin farm with his mom's friend and her two kids (also ages 6 & 2 1/2). To make a long story short, there was a serious accident. Jayden's mom has a broken femur and numerous other injuries to her legs, the other woman has her pelvis broken in four places and his little sister was killed instantly. His mom likely will not be walking for at least six months and will require at least one more surgery to repair damaged muscles and ligaments. Jayden was not at all hurt (physically) but he was only three feet away as his mom got pinned by a van against another car and his sister died. He is actually doing well (all things considered) since the funeral last week, but I would love to flood him with some happy mail. Please send only happy, fun, kid-friendly cards. Nothing Halloween or pumpkin related. And please, no mention of the accident, his sister or that you are sorry for what happened. Just fun, happy, kid-friendly cards that say you wanted to say "hi" and send him a card. Thank you.

BTW - Sarah (Jayden's mom) is the sister of my dear daughter-in-law. Your prayers are also appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cards for Jayden

Bumping....

Hello everyone. I am hoping to flood a little boy with some cards. If you, and anyone or any group you know, would be willing to send some fun cards to 6 year old boy, I would really appreciate it. The young man's name is Jayden. He is six years old, in the first grade (reads very well) and loves anything to do with trucks or race cars. They can be sent to my address and I will see that he gets them.

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Background - A few weeks ago Jayden (age 6), his mom (Sarah), and his little sister (Ella, Age 2 1/2) went to a pumpkin farm with his mom's friend and her two kids (also ages 6 & 2 1/2). To make a long story short, there was a serious accident. Jayden's mom has a broken femur and numerous other injuries to her legs, the other woman has her pelvis broken in four places and his little sister was killed instantly. His mom likely will not be walking for at least six months and will require at least one more surgery to repair damaged muscles and ligaments. Jayden was not at all hurt (physically) but he was only three feet away as his mom got pinned by a van against another car and his sister died. He is actually doing well (all things considered) since the funeral last week, but I would love to flood him with some happy mail. Please send only happy, fun, kid-friendly cards. Nothing Halloween or pumpkin related. And please, no mention of the accident, his sister or that you are sorry for what happened. Just fun, happy, kid-friendly cards that say you wanted to say "hi" and send him a card. Thank you.

BTW - Sarah (Jayden's mom) is the sister of my dear daughter-in-law. Your prayers are also appreciated.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Louise - a big hug to you!

I will send you a card for Jayden and will keep him, his family and the other family in my prayers.....
Ldumont999 likes this post.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Lorraine! I'd love to FLOOD him with cards. So far, not too many people seem interested in doing this. Please pass the word to anyone, or any group who might want to share in this mission. Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:23 AM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping....

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Read more: Cards for Jayden (age 6)
SRC likes this post.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping again.... please consider making a card for this young man. Tks
~~~~~~~~~

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Just finished Jayden's card and found two books for him at B&N today - mahalo for giving me a reason to shop my favorite store! Will get these in the mail tomorrow! Prayers continue for all involved.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone...
Bumping again.... please consider making a card for this young man. Tks
~~~~~~~~~

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Old 11-04-2014, 03:17 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Received SIX cards for Jayden yesterday. YEA!!!! Thank you all so much. I would love to give him dozens and DOZENS of cards. If any of you know of a "group" willing to make cards for Jayden, please pass this along. The family is coming to my house for Thanksgiving, so we have until then to gather the cards. Please, please, PLEASE pass this along and help me get cards for this young man. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cards for Jayden Needed

BUMP
Old 11-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #11
Hardware Hotshot

Louise, I just mailed out uplifting cards to Jayden and to Sarah.

Rita
Old 11-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

I got my MMTPT Teapot Tuesday card made for Jayden today - but I need to take a photo before I mail it. It should get posted out tomorrow, though. What a tragic accident.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please pass the word along... any church groups - anyone... I really want to flood this little guy with cards.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Requesting Cards for Jayden

Bump
Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
Stampin' Fool

Default Will do

I will send this precious little boy a card in tomorrows mail. Bless his little heart. What an awful thing to go through. I hope he is getting help coping. Jill
Old 11-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #16
Stampin' Fool

Just put a card in the mail for Jayden. Maybe he will get it on Monday. Keeping his family in our prayers. What a horrible thing to happen.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #17
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Louise, I'll be sending a card most likely with stickers on Monday to you for Jayden!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Louise, I'm sending a card to you today for Jayden. Pat
Old 11-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #19
Pearl-ExPert

Oh my!!! Keep those cards coming!!! I'm just so amazed at the outpouring of those on SCS - but I guess I should not be. LOL You guys have always had hearts of gold. I'm gathering (not opening) all the cards and packages, etc and will give them to Sarah and Jayden on Thanksgiving when they come to dinner. Seriously... keep them coming. Pass this on to every card making group you know. I hope to flood him with cards. And THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all you've already sent. May God bless you and yours for your generosity.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #20
Pearl-ExPert

Bump!
Old 11-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #21
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my card for Jayden. Keep on Truckin' I need to get a stamp so I can mail it.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping up again...

Thanks for ALL that you've already done. Can't wait to share these cards with Jayden and his mom on Thanksgiving. Keep the cards coming!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #23
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping....

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

10-28-2014 09:16 AM
Ldumont999
Cards for Jayden (age 6)
Hello everyone. I am hoping to flood a little boy with some cards. If you, and anyone or any group you know, would be willing to send some fun cards to a 6 year old boy, I would really appreciate it. The young man's name is Jayden. He is six years old, in the first grade (reads very well) and loves anything to do with trucks, cars or race cars. They can be sent to my address and I will see that he gets them.

Cards for Jayden
c/o Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Background - A few weeks ago Jayden (age 6), his mom (Sarah), and his little sister (Ella, Age 2 1/2) went to a pumpkin farm with his mom's friend and her two kids (also ages 6 & 2 1/2). To make a long story short, there was a serious accident. Jayden's mom has a broken femur and numerous other injuries to her legs, the other woman has her pelvis broken in four places and his little sister was killed instantly. His mom likely will not be walking for at least six months and will require at least one more surgery to repair damaged muscles and ligaments. Jayden was not at all hurt (physically) but he was only three feet away as his mom got pinned by a van against another car and his sister died. He is actually doing well (all things considered) since the funeral, but I would love to flood him with some happy mail. Please send only happy, fun, kid-friendly cards. And please, no mention of the accident, his sister or that you are sorry for what happened. Just fun, happy, kid-friendly cards that say you wanted to say "hi" and send him a card. Thank you.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #24
SRC
Compulsive Stamper

Making a card for Jayden, And putting it in the mail today.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

Suzanne R. Chubb
RAK--SRC
Old 11-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you everyone for the many, many cards, books, stickers etc that you sent. I will be giving Jayden the whole bunch of cards on Thanksgiving - and I'm going to close this thread. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this - and how much I'm sure Jayden and his mom will appreciate the love you've shown them. Blessings to you all.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #26
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
Thank you everyone for the many, many cards, books, stickers etc that you sent. I will be giving Jayden the whole bunch of cards on Thanksgiving - and I'm going to close this thread. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this - and how much I'm sure Jayden and his mom will appreciate the love you've shown them. Blessings to you all.
Louise .... thank you for the opportunity you've given us to bring some cheer and encouragement to this family. It would be lovely if you could post an update after Jayden has received his cards.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #27
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Louise .... thank you for the opportunity you've given us to bring some cheer and encouragement to this family. It would be lovely if you could post an update after Jayden has received his cards.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Of course. I should have thought of that. I will post right after Thanksgiving to let you know how much he enjoyed them - because I KNOW he will. Thank you.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #28
Pearl-ExPert

JCI to send a hug your way!

Looking forward to the update after Thanksgiving
Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
Pearl-ExPert

It's been a while since I've been on the forums so I'm a little behind. I work in finance and with year-end closing upon us, my work life is CRAZY. Sarah was not up to spending Thanksgiving with us, so I was not able to watch Jayden open the many cards and gifts you all sent. But I was able to get a package with all the items in the mail to her and here is her response.

Note From Sarah
Words cannot describe how thankful I am for all you have done and continue to do for Gregg, Jayden & I. I feel so blessed to be a part of your life. Your thoughtfulness and generosity is truly appreciated. I'm sorry for not sending this sooner. I got to open all of the cards with Jayden... he LOVED all of the wonderful cards people sent. They were SO creative and thoughtful (I have to show them to you the next time we get together). PLEASE tell everyone who made the cards, sent books, stickers, gift cards, etc how much we appreciate them. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hope to see you soon. Always thinking of you... miss you and love you!
Sarah xoxoxo
Old 12-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #30
Hardware Hotshot

Louise, thank you for sharing Sarah's note with us. Your caring heart has brought them comfort during this difficult time!

~ Rita
Old 12-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #31
Pearl-ExPert

Louise - thanks for the update and glad to hear they enjoyed everything you helped organize to send to them
Old 03-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #32
Pearl-ExPert

Just thought that some of might like to know that Sarah is engaged and will be getting married in May. Her fiance stuck close by her through the tragic loss of her daughter and has been great in helping Jayden through this as well. Please continue to keep them in your prayers. Thank you all.
GeorgiaBabydoll likes this post.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #33
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for letting us know Sarah has some wonderful plans to look forward to. So glad her fiance has been so faithful through this heartbreaking time.