Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #41
Cardstock Collector

We are going to continue with this project. They will be to you shortly after Dec. 15th!! This is such a great idea!!! My girls will love it!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #42
Kookie Creator

Wow!!! All I can is is Wow! Kudos to you Keri ~ you rawk! I would love to send you some cards. Better get busy. In the mean time, you take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick update...I just sent 1991 cards downrange with my husband last night!!! About one third of those were Christmas cards WRITTEN TO THE TROOPS!!! I just wanted to say thank you!!!! I also rec'd an email a few weeks back and have posted it and the pics on my blog today! Here is the link if you want to see it!

Thank you thank you!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #44
Cardstock Collector

WOW awesome I know they will love it.
My mom has been able to send quite a bit of stuff from people from her work donating stuff like a Christmas tree it's awesome to see.
Hugs,
Aimee =)

*Proud & Loving Army wife to My Soldier Currently Deployed & serving OUR country*
Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #45
Cardstock Collector

Hi Keri -

My monthly swap group has been making cards (all different kinds, blank inside for the most part, except for maybe a stamped greeting) for the troops for the past few months and we have quite a few (I'm guessing at least 50). A local group that was supposed to send them to the troops did not respond to my attempts to contact them, so just wondering if I could send them to you? I'm in AZ.

Thank you so much,
Lucinda
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lucinda!

Sure you can send them. Please just be sure to follow the guidelines and make sure they each are in their own baggie so that they are kept free from all the dust and dirt over there. My hubby said it was really horrible how bad the dust storms can be...and when I saw the pics I couldn't believe it myself! LOL

Have a great week!

K
Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Hi Keri,

I mailed a package of cards to you today. Hopefully they will arrive there by Friday or Saturday.

Deloris
Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #48
Cardstock Collector

Question: If I'm making a card without a note in it so the soldier can send it home to a loved one, is it o.k. to stamp a sentiment inside &/or decorate the inside - or do I need to leave it completely blank?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

If you are going to stamp a sentiment inside please stamp it on an additional scrap paper and put it inside the baggie facing the back so that the troops can see what is on the inside.

Thanks.

I have a large batch of cards to count and send on Monday! You all are the best!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Keri,

What an undertaking. Thank you. I would love to contribute to your cause which is so close to my heart. I was in the Army when I was younger and my husband's father went ashore or Utah on D-Day spending 32 years active duty. We have much more military personnel in our families' history. I am having an open house on Jan 24 to start my 2009 card club. Will you still be doing this all year? Can we, as a group join?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Gang!

Sorry about not updating! Please read below!

I am still sending cards but only those that follow the guidelines in the post. Those without envelopes or not in baggies will not be sent. I know it sounds harsh but I do not have the time to make sure they are done properly myself, so I will not be sending cards that are not properly packaged as stated in the guidelines. ( I need to update the counter but we have sent over 1000 more since the beginning of Dec!!!)

Thanks for your interest and support!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Just another quick update! We have started off the new year really well and I have yet another batch of cards heading down range this week! My DH is bringing them to the base today! HOORAY!!! This brings our total cards sent to over 27,000 CARDS!!! Can you believe that????

Thank you all for your support and your help in this great endeavor!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #53
Mad Swapper

subbing this thread
-laura s
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #54
Compulsive Stamper

Default cards for soldiers

I have not been stamping recently, but will be back soon. Today as i
> was cleaning up my office i found the stacks of cards and letters my husband wrote from Iraq and remembered i wanted to write again and say thank you to all of those ladies who sent cards to soldiers to send home. For me it was extra special because he did not even write in the ones he sent me. because he knew this was how i send cards to friends so they can tear them apart to copy. so in each wonderful card i had a letter from my dear husband. thank you ladies so much for sending these cards. i do not know which organization sent these cards to them. he said there was just a box of cards and the other men did not understand how special these cards were. This was a wonderful blessing for him to have and he is so grateful. I am extremely grateful that in the midst of war you gave my husband a way of putting a smile on my face which in return puts a smile on his face. I beg you to continue to send these cards to our troops. While i make my own I might also suggest that you donate cards to the women who are here and wanting to send cards to there husbands. as silly as it sounds yes hallmark runs out of good cards and at $3 or $4 a piece it adds up.
> Again, thank you so much and i am sorry i did not know where to place
> this thank you on the site pam petrie www.trooppetrie.blogspot.com it
> is a small site for friends and family that i just started and i have
> no advertisements on there but would love to put a splitcoast button
> on there
Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #55
Rubber Obsessor

I'm very interested in sending blank cards so soldiers can send them back home to friends and loved ones. My question is: do I put stamps on the envelopes? Sorry - couldn't find that in any of the guidelines. Looking forward to doing this and sharing the idea with some of my co-stampers.

Great Job!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:58 AM   #56
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by juters53 View Post
I'm very interested in sending blank cards so soldiers can send them back home to friends and loved ones. My question is: do I put stamps on the envelopes? Sorry - couldn't find that in any of the guidelines. Looking forward to doing this and sharing the idea with some of my co-stampers.

Great Job!!!!!
No need to add stamps to the envelopes coming back to the States from a soldier. they don't pay postage on small envelopes like these.

My blog
My SU! website
Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconstamper View Post
No need to add stamps to the envelopes coming back to the States from a soldier. they don't pay postage on small envelopes like these.

Thanks so much Monica! I have been running around here like a chicken with my head cut off these past few days and so I hadn't had a moment to come pop on here!

On a happy personal note: my DH just put on Captains Rank yesterday and we have two medium sized boxes to bring to the air base next week filled with wonderful handmade cards!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #58
Insane Embellisher

Hearty congrats to both you and DH on is promotion! Being an Army wife myself I know how much the support of the family makes their job easier so kudos to you both. The work your doing with the cards is FABULOUS! Keep up the great work.

Michelle

HOOAH! It's an Army Thing...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks Michelle! I am still so excited for him...not so excited to have to sew new rank on ALL HIS UNIFORMS but hey it is all part of the gig eh?? LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #60
Cardstock Collector

Keri,

I was a military brat growing up. Grew up all over the world. I've been rubber stamping for about 11 years now. Found this thread about two weeks ago and talked to my ladies that get together every Tuesday to craft and we went through and pulled together about 230 + cards that I'll be sending you your way tomorrow.
Susan
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty2stamp View Post
Keri,

I was a military brat growing up. Grew up all over the world. I've been rubber stamping for about 11 years now. Found this thread about two weeks ago and talked to my ladies that get together every Tuesday to craft and we went through and pulled together about 230 + cards that I'll be sending you your way tomorrow.
Susan
Hey Susan!

I just wanted to let you know that they arrived here safe and sound! THANK YOU! I have been so busy getting ready for the baby coming that I haven't even had a chance to open the box yet...I hope to get them all sorted and done this week!

You are all wonderful!

K
Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for doing this! I know it means alot to the soldiers and especially to their families. I know because my husband is currently serving on his 4th combat tour. Are you open to sending cards to other combat addresses?
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Christi [SIZE=2]My Gallery http://christibryant.blogspot.com[/LEFT]
Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InColorCrzyChristi View Post
Are you open to sending cards to other combat addresses?
I only send them via the C-17 Cargo Planes that leave here... I don't ship to a specific address, just get the cards on the jet to get them downrange... Sorry!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

I've just found this site and am interested in sending cards for the troops. I've read through this entire thread and some others, but I just want to confirm a couple of things. I understand that no religious material is to be sent, but is it acceptable to say "You're in my prayers", and/or "God bless you"?

Do the cards have to be stamped, or is the requirement just to be handmade? Is there a requirement that the card be fairly flat, or can embellishments like buttons, etc be used?

I apologize if these questions have already been answered, or they seem to be common sense - I'm a beginner, so it's all new to me! My cards won't be fancy by any means, but I'm looking forward to this opportunity to help & practice at the same time.

Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited by honeycreekMO; 06-23-2009 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycreekMO View Post
I've just found this site and am interested in sending cards for the troops. I've read through this entire thread and some others, but I just want to confirm a couple of things. I understand that no religious material is to be sent, but is it acceptable to say "You're in my prayers", and/or "God bless you"?

Do the cards have to be stamped, or is the requirement just to be handmade? Is there a requirement that the card be fairly flat, or can embellishments like buttons, etc be used?

I apologize if these questions have already been answered, or they seem to be common sense - I'm a beginner, so it's all new to me! My cards won't be fancy by any means, but I'm looking forward to this opportunity to help & practice at the same time.

Thanks for your efforts.
So sorry for the late reply... We are in the process of celebrating the birth of our fourth sweet baby (she was born Tuesday 6/16) and I am still trying to catch up on emails!

As for your questions: the simple well meaning sentiments are just fine. We only have the "religious" requirement to be sure people are not including tracts or other materials that could be considered "over eager and pushy" or seem to be wrongly motivated.

And handmade is great! They do not have to be "stamped" but they must be handmade...no batches of store bought cards please. Thanks so much!!!

K
Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #66
Matboard Maniac

Keri, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! Being somewhat new to the site, I hadn't seen this thread until just now. Let me add my thanks to you for all the hard work you've done to make this project such a success. I've been interested in doing this but didn't know where to start. I'll be sending something to you soon.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #67
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Kerri, I have sent cards in the past. I had my group make Birthday Cards, Miss You, Etc. for the troops to fill out and send to there family back home. Since it is August and Thanksgiving and our other winter holidays are approaching, would you like blank Holiday Cards made for the troops to send back home to theire loved ones? Let me know what you are looking for.

Cheryl
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #68
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I think what your doing is AWESOME!!! My husband has already been over to Iraq, my brother-in-law is there now, and my husband will be going back in the near future. I was just wondering where you went to find out how to send the cards. I would love to send cards to soldiers who are from Kansas and the surrounding areas (no offense to your soldiers) especially once my husband goes over again. If you could email me and we can discuss this further I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Ashley
Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappin Izzy View Post
I think what your doing is AWESOME!!! My husband has already been over to Iraq, my brother-in-law is there now, and my husband will be going back in the near future. I was just wondering where you went to find out how to send the cards. I would love to send cards to soldiers who are from Kansas and the surrounding areas (no offense to your soldiers) especially once my husband goes over again. If you could email me and we can discuss this further I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Ashley
Hi Ashley,

I send them via the Airlift Squadron that my husband is a part of so usually he gets the chore of lugging all the boxes with him! LOL I am not sure who you could talk to but ask your DH if he has any suggestions, perhaps there is something like a family readiness squadron or something like that who could assist you in pursuing it..
Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #70
Rubber Obsessor

Default Cards for the Troops

Hi Ashley,

My upline no longer has the info, however, all she did was contact the military bases in NJ and asked to speak to the person in charge of Family Support. This person gave her all the info we needed to get our cards to them. I believe they sent a messenger to her home to pick our cards up.

I just googled NJ Military Bases, and all of NJ came up. So, you can do the same for the state you live in.

Cheryl

PS I hope this was helpful.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #71
Rubber Obsessor

Kerri, what are you doing about postage? Should the envelopes have stamps on them?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Cheryl!

The troops can mail their letters home postage free So no worries there!

K
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #73
Cardstock Collector

Default cards

I just registered here so that I could inquire about cards for soldiers

I have been in many card swaps and have excess amounts of card fronts to make into cards.

I would like to be able to donate these but not sure if it would be okay as I didn't make all of them.
Please advise.

Thanks Jean
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jean!

If you are able to make them into full cards and then follow the guidelines for sending them we are more than happy to pass them along. I have had FAR TOO MANY boxes coming in these past few months that either a) don't have baggies FOR EACH CARD or b) are not handmade cards. For the first scenario I simply have to put the cards to the side and bag them all as I have time...and with four children of my own, one only a few months old...I don't have that time luxury right now...for scenario B I have had to donate them else where to simply throw them away because we do not send anything but handmade cards...

But the good news is that my DH is leaving today on a trip and is bringing a BUNCH of cards and we have now sent OVER THIRTY THOUSAND CARDS!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

SO thank you all, each and every one of you who has made this happen and has touched a life somewhere "over there"... I thank you....
Old 09-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #75
Cardstock Collector

Default cards

Thanks

They will all be full homemade cards with envelopes and I will put each one in its own baggie.

Most of them will be blank inside so the troops can use them but I may add a couple others. I printed out the do's and don'ts I will try and get them to you within the month as I have other projects going on also.

I have a nephew who has been to Iraq twice and Afganistan once. I think he is back in the US for good now but you never know.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #76
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Just What I Was Looking For!

Your project is just what I was looking for. I was a demonstrator for nine years and have tons of card fronts that I can easily make into cards. I was looking to donate them to the military but didn't have a clue as to how to go about it. My son is a new Marine (8 months) and I have such a soft spot in my heart for our men and women who put their lives at risk for our freedom. I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

This truly is a labor of love. And I thank you kindly as a Marine Mom for making it happen!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #77
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cards for Troops

Hi Keri, You must be "Wonder woman" with all you do...cards, e-mails and family...amazing. I will be happy to send cards (and increase your workload)! Wish I lived near you to help. You are a special person.
Merle
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #78
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Sending Out Tomorrow

I spent most of today going through my card fronts and making cards out of them. Will be putting 150 in the mail to you tomorrow. Be on the lookout.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

I just rec'd an email from a service woman who has nothing but wonderful things to say about our cards!!! Read On - and again, thank you from me...we are making someone smile!!!

Ms. Sereika,

Thank you so much for your kind donation of uplifting & heartfelt cards for the troops. I was lucky enough to receive several boxes of these cards & have already begun distributing them. The response is overwhelming. Troops far from home appreciate not only the sentiments contained in each card, but the thought and care that went into creating each one.

You have no idea how your groupís creativity & kindness have positively impacted members of your Armed Forces.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

V/R
TSgt Jennifer Lyon
379 EFSS/ARC
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
Stamp'n In The Light

Oh good Keri, you're still doing this project! I wasn't sure if you were going to continue with the new baby or not. I have some card fronts to put together for you then. Can we still write notes to the troops too? or not anymore?

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,