Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Best Friends Mom has Liver Cancer

Hi All,

You ladies can bring so much joy into a hurting persons heart with just a card. I have seen it before and can never truly thank you for the smiles you bring. But Thank you for the love you share.
My best friend Jason's mom has been diagnosed with liver cancer stage 4.
She is suppose to get visit's 3 days a week from hospice. The cancer is inoperable and radiation is not an option, but chemo is.
My heart is both heavy for Jason and his mom Carol.
I'm asking for cards for Carol and if you want to make some for Jason I am sure he could use them as well.
Jason lives in a different state from his mom and is doing what he can to get home.
Please place cards in a separate envelope to either Jason or Carol, slip those in an envelope and mail to me, I will make sure they are either sent to Jason or brought to Carol.
I ask if you pray to please keep them both in your prayers during this difficult time
thank you so much in advance.
Kindest Regards to all,

Tania

Please mail to
Tania Consolini
17030 Marmount St SE
Monroe ,WA 98272

I will keep you all posted as time goes on.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

Hi All,

The update has been grim news. They are only giving Carol 4 months to live. I feel so very devastated. It has been a long night with lots of prayers and a heavy heart.
Please help make her smile just a little longer. As many cards as possible would be appreciated
Thank You all
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

All All,

I saw Carol last night and enjoy some soup and lots of laughter, she is in really good spirits and has a great attitude. She knows many are praying for her. I believe God works wonders and prayer is a strong thing.
Today I am going to bring her some dipped strawberries and fortune cookies, she really loves those, I of course will add a twist with chocolate, because who doesn't like chocolate. Will keep you posted as we go along, I am hoping so much for a better outcome.

Hope you all have a blessed day
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

I will try to get a card of encouragement out to Carol within a few days. She and Jason are in my prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated.

~ Rita
Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Rita

Update~ carol has a bit of an infection, the doctors say she can not have chemo. Jason and I don't want her to give up, but the doctors told her not to put anything off, she doesn't have much time. It is really hard on Jason and I. I am struggling to understand how she was so healthy when I last saw her in November, and now she is months away from leaving us. My heart is heavy but I believe God has better plans for her.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Cards for Carol and Jason will be in tomorrow's mail. My prayers are with all of you.

~ Rita
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Hello All,

Thank you Rita I will make sure they both receive your cards, and I appreciate it
I am excited to say my best friend is on a plane headed home tonight, but so sad he is coming home to this. I talked with Carol today and she sounds very good today and is in good spirits.
She informs me she is not scared and everything is going to be ok. Now that is real courage. I just find myself with a plate of emotions and choking down tears.
Today I made some soup and I will bring her some. She is pretty amazing and isn't going to give up on this yet. I believe God works wonders, even if he can't in this situation my thoughts are its because he needs her and has a better plan for her.
I hold my faith pretty close and pray for the best. I don't want her to suffer at all. Right now I have to be that rock for my best friend and that will take a lot from me. But I can do it.

I will be in touch with more updates
Thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers each of you has sent to me.
Tania
Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Rita for the lovely cards for Jason and Carol, I will see them in the morning and I am sure they will be happy to see some good news.

Nothing new to report, Carol was able to eat more this weekend which is a plus.
Many friends have been helping where they can.
I will keep you all updated.

Please pass the word along I would really like see get some cards for Carol.
I thank those for the warm thoughts and prayers.

Tania
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

You're very welcome, Tania. I'm so glad that Carol has such lovely friends to support and encourage her.