Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Can You Believe It? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/can-you-believe-f66/)
-   -   I've lost 92lbs in just under 6 months (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/can-you-believe-f66/ive-lost-92lbs-just-under-6-months-t503894.html)

TERRORE3 08-25-2010 12:18 PM

I've lost 92lbs in just under 6 months

I had Gastric Banding surgery back march 9th 2010. I have been on every diet u can think of and lost weight but would always gain it back plus. This time i finally gave in and did the realize band and i'm doing bio-feedback with a therapist to help me go for other things when i'm stressed instead of food to comfort me. I've lost 92lbs and i still want to loose idealy 50lbs more. I feel so much relief, . I was soooooo unhealthy.My knees hurt, my back hurt, i wasn't sleeping much, my breathing was so bad. i was always out of breathe. now i do Zumba and endure right through it. I'm just so grateful I decided to take on this life changing journey and be good to me for a change. Thanks for listening... Terry

whim6915 08-25-2010 12:52 PM

Give yourself a hug! Congratulations on making the commitment to your health!

3dognight 08-25-2010 12:53 PM

Good for you!

I had lapband surgery 33 days ago and have lost 15 pounds. I am so glad I did this. Only regret not doing it sooner.

I hope the biofeedback works for you. I, too, have some difficulty not reaching for food when the stress strikes. Old habits die hard!

Wishing you the very best on your new life choice.

Good luck!

StampingShawn 08-25-2010 01:31 PM

Congrats on your weight loss and your new healthy living!!! It's wonderful that you realized that you may need something more to help out besides the band. Do you think the biofeedback is working?

StampinHappyInCT 08-25-2010 01:41 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Schweeda 08-25-2010 03:33 PM

WOW! That is awesome! I know how hard it is to lose weight.

Karen

pjl-ny 08-26-2010 07:45 AM

WOW!!

StampRev 08-26-2010 09:30 AM

Wow - that's fantastic! Congrats!

br3n 08-26-2010 10:09 AM

congrats on the weight loss.we do strange things from stress.i throw up and cant eat but others reach for comfort foods.i wish you success in your forward goals.
br3n

jor 08-26-2010 11:11 AM

That is awesome. I have similar issues - losing and gaining it back. I'm considering doing something similar. You may have motivated me even further. Congrats and keep up the good work!

53queenbee 08-26-2010 04:19 PM

WOWOWOWOWOW! I am so very proud of you!

rockie1 08-31-2010 07:33 PM

Good for you girl! Give yourself a hug from me. I am very pleased and excited for you. Keep up the hard work. You can do it

deedah 09-10-2010 10:22 AM

you go girl!!!

cflathem 09-10-2010 10:28 AM

WAY TO GO!!!!! Keep your eye on the prize and you will never be sorry you made an investment in yourself.

I have lost 55 pounds in the last year. I went to a nutritionist who kept me on track, but the best investment I have ever made in my life is 6 months with a personal trainer. I go 3 days a week, and it has totally changed my life.

I still have 20 pounds to go, and hope to have that off by March. Then I will have to make a decision about a tummy tuck. Most of my weight was in my belly and hips, so there is a lot of empty skin.

davearmie 09-10-2010 02:23 PM

way to go. I had a gastric bypass 6 years ago and my old life seems so far away now! Congratulations!

bambi64 09-10-2010 03:41 PM

Congrats, girl!! That is awesome to hear. Way to go.

chickers089 09-10-2010 04:45 PM

I have lost 109 pounds with weight watchers in the last year and a half. yes, losing weight changes your life. Congrats to you all!!!!

TNnative 09-11-2010 01:22 PM

Congratulations to you all!

sillyfilly 09-27-2010 08:23 PM

That is wonderful. It is so darned hard to do. I was always too thin until about age 40. Now if I look at food it jumps to my butt, hips and belly. I lost 41 lbs about 5 yrs ago and put it all back on +. I am back at it at WW again. I think their plan is the best because what it really is, is good nutrition. I am a sugar-aholic thus most of my problem. So keep on keeping on. I know you must feel so much better. That's what I am looking forward to.

NoraAnne 09-28-2010 06:58 AM

WOW! Congratulations! I am glad I found this thread, so motivitating! I have been struggling with my weight and am so depressed over it. I feel so unhealthy and unmotivated. Packed a nice health lunch today and am drinking lots of water. Reading this just boosted my motivation too :) Thanks for sharing your success stories!

RubberLady603 09-29-2010 02:11 PM

Wow! You guys are awesome! It feels so much better without quite so much weight. I made lifetime at weight watchers but have gone back up by 20# and need to reel myself back in because for me it would be so easy to get all 60# back. I feel as though I'm one of those who will always fight the weight. You go girls!

curlylocdiva 10-05-2010 10:15 PM

My 5 year lap band surgery anniversary is coming up October 31st. I lost 80lbs and along with it my diabetes, and high blood pressure. It was the best thing in the world I could have done. Congrats to you and your new beginnings.

roxy64 10-18-2010 04:52 AM

Congratulations! My sister-in-law had it done 3 or 4 years ago. She looks wonderful! But even better than that is that she no longer has sleep apnea, and is off meds for BP and Cholesterol, and got her blood sugar under control. Diabetes runs in her family. I'm not sure how much weight she lost,but she's been given a 2nd chance on life and is loving every moment of it.

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingShawn (Post 17214894)
Congrats on your weight loss and your new healthy living!!! It's wonderful that you realized that you may need something more to help out besides the band. Do you think the biofeedback is working?

yes!!
I see the difference now Working with bio-feed back . a while ago i had crap come up and i was angry first and then the anxiety started or should i say the hunger came and today while doing the bio-feedback I realized the anxious stuff is a hunger feel for me. WOW!!! At that moment i knew i wasn't food hungry but wanted comfort. Breathing through it and just letting myself feel and make room for the feelings and being ok with just feeling the feelings instead of stuffing the feelings with food and letting the feelings fester. Not turning to food felt great. Knowing the difference is a major whoa for me. I still have times that stuff will start to get to me but i now go do the bio-feedback and after i don't eat until it is truly time to eat.
Currently I've lost 118 which is 3 lbs more than my daughter and i can't even image carring her around with me everyday. I don't know how i did it to tell you the truth.
I am at the lowest weight i've been at in a very long time. I'm also in a very good mind place that I haven't been in a really long time. This Bio-feedback really works. I'm feeling very relieved and thankful.

Thank you all for commenting. Ps. An important thing i like to remember is that Knowledge is power and if we carry acceptance within us there's nothing we can't accomplish. :)

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfilly (Post 17368533)
That is wonderful. It is so darned hard to do. I was always too thin until about age 40. Now if I look at food it jumps to my butt, hips and belly. I lost 41 lbs about 5 yrs ago and put it all back on +. I am back at it at WW again. I think their plan is the best because what it really is, is good nutrition. I am a sugar-aholic thus most of my problem. So keep on keeping on. I know you must feel so much better. That's what I am looking forward to.

I can't do alot of sugar now after having the surgery. It's been a great thing though. i get a belly ache therefore i'm mindful of how much sugar i eat. I know eatting low sugar has helped me in losing the weight faster.

Thanks for commenting.. lol

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603 (Post 17376453)
Wow! You guys are awesome! It feels so much better without quite so much weight. I made lifetime at weight watchers but have gone back up by 20# and need to reel myself back in because for me it would be so easy to get all 60# back. I feel as though I'm one of those who will always fight the weight. You go girls!

I used to beat myself up badly. We need to be nice to ourselves. Having self acceptance is a tough thing to learn but it's definitely a can do. keep going. check out www.sparkpeople.com too. It's been a wonderful support place for me to go.

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoraAnne (Post 17369722)
WOW! Congratulations! I am glad I found this thread, so motivitating! I have been struggling with my weight and am so depressed over it. I feel so unhealthy and unmotivated. Packed a nice health lunch today and am drinking lots of water. Reading this just boosted my motivation too :) Thanks for sharing your success stories!

ck out www.sparkpeople.com. it's been a wonderful support place for me to go.

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflathem (Post 17290847)
WAY TO GO!!!!! Keep your eye on the prize and you will never be sorry you made an investment in yourself.

I have lost 55 pounds in the last year. I went to a nutritionist who kept me on track, but the best investment I have ever made in my life is 6 months with a personal trainer. I go 3 days a week, and it has totally changed my life.

I still have 20 pounds to go, and hope to have that off by March. Then I will have to make a decision about a tummy tuck. Most of my weight was in my belly and hips, so there is a lot of empty skin.

i went to a Nutritionist every three weeks . I did that for about three months after surgery. It was my choice and it helped me make sure i was on track and make sure to catch any bad habbits before i couldn't stop doing them.

TERRORE3 11-26-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dognight (Post 17214738)
I had lapband surgery 33 days ago and have lost 15 pounds. I am so glad I did this. Only regret not doing it sooner.

I hope the biofeedback works for you. I, too, have some difficulty not reaching for food when the stress strikes. Old habits die hard!

Wishing you the very best on your new life choice.

Good luck!

If I can do it. u can do it. keep going.

TERRORE3 11-27-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxy64 (Post 17457491)
Congratulations! My sister-in-law had it done 3 or 4 years ago. She looks wonderful! But even better than that is that she no longer has sleep apnea, and is off meds for BP and Cholesterol, and got her blood sugar under control. Diabetes runs in her family. I'm not sure how much weight she lost,but she's been given a 2nd chance on life and is loving every moment of it.

It's been a life saver. I too had sleep apnea I wasn't on any meds for BP or cholesterol but i would have i was borderline. . I have diabetes on both sides so i would have had that too someday. So nice to hear success stories. Congrats to you SIL. It has been one of the hardest things to get under control. TFS

jabsmb1997 12-01-2010 06:31 AM

There is a wonderful site that is free that to help people lose weight and get healthy. There are tons of tools to help people reach their goals and the support is amazing-- check it out!

Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

TERRORE3 12-20-2010 07:50 PM

Still going 9 1/2 months and I've lost 123lbs

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERRORE3 (Post 17214609)
I had Gastric Banding surgery back march 9th 2010. I have been on every diet u can think of and lost weight but would always gain it back plus. This time i finally gave in and did the realize band and i'm doing bio-feedback with a therapist to help me go for other things when i'm stressed instead of food to comfort me. I've lost 92lbs and i still want to loose idealy 50lbs more. I feel so much relief, . I was soooooo unhealthy.My knees hurt, my back hurt, i wasn't sleeping much, my breathing was so bad. i was always out of breathe. now i do Zumba and endure right through it. I'm just so grateful I decided to take on this life changing journey and be good to me for a change. Thanks for listening... Terry

Still going 9 1/2 months since Band surgery and I've lost 123lbs
I am so thankful and relieved to have my health back. I do still struggle with the fear of gaining weight back some but i do feel confident i won't. The thought only sneak in once and a while. It's so different this time around. I don't feel the same as when i did Jenny Craig/weight watchers, a matter of fact i don't feel like i'm even on a diet. I don't count calories, I don't feel pulled back like i used to at all. Because of the band i stay mindful and make better choices. there are things that I don't have anymore(carbonation,
hoagies pancakes) which could stretch my stomach but it's been 9 1/2 months since I've even bothered with them that I really don't miss them enough to cave. Still doing bio-feedback and i have about 15lbs to go but if I'm feeling so great that i'm not in a hurry other than i'd love to have a hugh party. If i can retrain my brain anybody can. Stay strong and follow ur heart it will lead u. hugs and thanks for letting me vent my goodness. Merry Christmas too...

deedah 03-07-2011 10:12 AM

lap band is not a covered expense here in Canada.........the full gastric bypass is......I am really interested in Lap band........the cost is approx $18 - $20 thousand........

LisaDRHC 07-15-2012 06:49 AM

I am considering lap band surgery on August 1. Anyone still on this thread with the band or thought about it?