Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #321
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to CindyLou13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAstamper View Post
Yup, it's crazy. I just finished New Moon for the 3rd or 4th time...I lost track!! I love that one. Going to start Eclipse again tonight.
New Moon is my least favorite. I just finished Twilight for the 4th time. I will re-read New Moon, but it will take me forever.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #322
Crimping Master

I will let you know about The Host. I just started last night and I will read some more tonight. But I will keep you girls posted!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #323
Crimping Master

New Moon was my least favorite too. Not enough Edward, IMHO. I kept reading it (and crying huge tears the whole time), thinking, "where is Edward?" I knew if I kept reading that he'd come back into the story eventually, but it was kind-of torturous in the meantime. I understand why Stephenie Meyer did it... to set the scene for the wereworf side of the story, but in my opinion there was too little of Edward. I'm almost finished with my 3rd time through Twilight. Eclipse was my favorite one I think.

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyz2988 View Post
New Moon was my least favorite too. Not enough Edward, IMHO. I kept reading it (and crying huge tears the whole time), thinking, "where is Edward?" I knew if I kept reading that he'd come back into the story eventually, but it was kind-of torturous in the meantime. I understand why Stephenie Meyer did it... to set the scene for the wereworf side of the story, but in my opinion there was too little of Edward. I'm almost finished with my 3rd time through Twilight. Eclipse was my favorite one I think.
I felt the saME WAY! I cried each time I read New Moon, it was devastating when Edward left..LOL It was better the third time around though, easier to tolerate...LOL

Old 01-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #325
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorinda View Post
I felt the saME WAY! I cried each time I read New Moon, it was devastating when Edward left..LOL It was better the third time around though, easier to tolerate...LOL
LOL...I agree. I definitely haven't read it as many times as the others, but it is growing on me. It always makes me cry, and I am just SO happy when he returns. I just love when a book can draw that kind of emotion out of you.
a*muse|studio consultant #1180
My Blog
Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #326
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Yeah, I think I rememeber Stephenie Meyer saying somewhere that she wanted her fans to read NM twice. She knew they would be devastated when Edward left and just waiting for him to come back. I think you really learn more about the characters when you read it again. Eclipse is probably my favorite too if I had to choose...but NM is right up there...
My Blog
Old 01-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #327
Stazon Splitcoast

seriously I just really enjoy the whole series...I would love for her to finish Midnight Sun and maybe do more like it, I am not ready to put them all to rest LOL

Old 01-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #328
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
seriously I just really enjoy the whole series...I would love for her to finish Midnight Sun and maybe do more like it, I am not ready to put them all to rest LOL
DITTO! I LOVED Midnight Sun...what there was of it. I really hope she finishes it too.
My Blog
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #329
Polyshrink Goddess

Me too! I did read somewhere that she had already over 300 pages written. I sure hope she finishes soon. I can't wait to read it and I hope is over 700 pages so that I'm satisfied. LOL!
Quote:
DITTO! I LOVED Midnight Sun...what there was of it. I really hope she finishes it too.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 AM   #330
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning twilighters!
My Blog
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #331
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies, do you believe it-I completely forgot about this thread!!! I've been so wrapped up in the twilight trivia thread! So I'm back-yay!!!

Ok, so first of all, I didn't know that there was a "real" Volterra in this world??? That is sooooo cooool! I'm so dense
Second, I have to go check out this cafe press cause the only shirt I found around here was at Spencers at the mall that says I love Edward. Which OF COURSE I bought, but I want something cooler!
Third, so I heard that Dakota Fanning was pretty much in the movie, on the E channel last night and the only person I could think that she would play would be Jane. Is that right?????

So, I'm almost done with BD and then I will start with Twilight again for the 3rd time around. I just found out about this series at Thanksgiving and I'm totally hooked! My girls and DH just look at me and roll their eyes. They say I need help! But they like it too, just not as much I am also a HP fanatic and I feel a little guilty for dropping him for Edward, but I jsut can't help it. Thats what they get for pushing back the movie I guess!
My DD's birthday is 3/19, so were planning a Twilight watching party on the 21st for about 25 girls!!!! And moms too!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #332
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, I'm totally team Edward and NM was my least fav. I cried a lot too! BUT, I also have a growing crush on Mr. Emmett!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #333
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy queen View Post
Hi ladies, do you believe it-I completely forgot about this thread!!! I've been so wrapped up in the twilight trivia thread! So I'm back-yay!!!

Ok, so first of all, I didn't know that there was a "real" Volterra in this world??? That is sooooo cooool! I'm so dense
Second, I have to go check out this cafe press cause the only shirt I found around here was at Spencers at the mall that says I love Edward. Which OF COURSE I bought, but I want something cooler!
Third, so I heard that Dakota Fanning was pretty much in the movie, on the E channel last night and the only person I could think that she would play would be Jane. Is that right?????

So, I'm almost done with BD and then I will start with Twilight again for the 3rd time around. I just found out about this series at Thanksgiving and I'm totally hooked! My girls and DH just look at me and roll their eyes. They say I need help! But they like it too, just not as much I am also a HP fanatic and I feel a little guilty for dropping him for Edward, but I jsut can't help it. Thats what they get for pushing back the movie I guess!
My DD's birthday is 3/19, so were planning a Twilight watching party on the 21st for about 25 girls!!!! And moms too!!!!!
Ohhh - that party sounds like fun! Unfortunately, my DD is still a bit young for Twilight. DH has been very tolerant of my obsession and even bought me a few Twilight-related goodies. I started the series on Thanksgiving and I think I've gone through the whole thing 3 times and then read Twilight and Eclipse maybe an extra time or two...Crazy!!! And did I mention that I've seen the movie 5 times??

Yes, Dakota is slated for the role of Jane as far as I know...
My Blog
Old 01-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #334
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Oh, I'm totally team Edward and NM was my least fav. I cried a lot too! BUT, I also have a growing crush on Mr. Emmett!!!!
DITTO!! I'm totally Team Edward, but I am liking Jacob more and more too. I guess all the guys in Forks are just irresistible!
My Blog
Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #335
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to grooveyjerseychick

Quote:
Ohhh - that party sounds like fun! Unfortunately, my DD is still a bit young for Twilight. DH has been very tolerant of my obsession and even bought me a few Twilight-related goodies. I started the series on Thanksgiving and I think I've gone through the whole thing 3 times and then read Twilight and Eclipse maybe an extra time or two...Crazy!!! And did I mention that I've seen the movie 5 times??

Yes, Dakota is slated for the role of Jane as far as I know...
I am going to see twilight at the theater again ( #4) on Sunday. I am beyond all help. (and I really don't want any either.)
Eclipse is my favorite, mostly cuz my Jasper is a STUD in that one....but I have to say, i find NM so PAINFUL, I can just imagine someone I love just leaving like that. it's great to get SM's werewolf lore, but hey, flash to Edward sometime or another. I think he is sort of 'missing' in BD too. With that whole Jacob section. Maybe that is what gave her the idea of writing Midnight Sun, we get into Bella and Jacobs head, but never Edwards. I found the small part of MS SO SATISFYING. It was like a whole new book.
Don't even say Cafe Press around my house, I am is TROUBLE!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #336
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I guess Dakota could be Jane. She is described as small and fair.. I saw her in the preview for Push, she is growing up! But can she be MEAN?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #337
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveyjerseychick View Post
I am going to see twilight at the theater again ( #4) on Sunday. I am beyond all help. (and I really don't want any either.)
. . . .
I must admit that I've bypassed Cafe Press after my first purchase. I had some t-shirt transfer paper, made my own transfers and ironed them onto some $6 t-shirts I bought at Wal-Mart. Does that make me a cheater -- or thrifty?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #338
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Eclipse is my favorite, mostly cuz my Jasper is a STUD in that one....but I have to say, i find NM so PAINFUL, I can just imagine someone I love just leaving like that. it's great to get SM's werewolf lore, but hey, flash to Edward sometime or another. I think he is sort of 'missing' in BD too. With that whole Jacob section. Maybe that is what gave her the idea of writing Midnight Sun, we get into Bella and Jacobs head, but never Edwards. I found the small part of MS SO SATISFYING. It was like a whole new book.
Yeah, your right. NM is painful, that is a very good description. It's good in it's own way, but your right in the thinking that we could have had more of a story on what Edward was going through without Bella! I can't believe you guys are still going to see Twilight. It has been gone around us for about 3 weeks now! Soon as Christmas break was gone, so was Twilight! Now I saw it 2 times, and THATS saying something. I'm cheap and I have NEVER paid a movie theater to see the same movie twice!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #339
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
I must admit that I've bypassed Cafe Press after my first purchase. I had some t-shirt transfer paper, made my own transfers and ironed them onto some $6 t-shirts I bought at Wal-Mart. Does that make me a cheater -- or thrifty?

Good for you! No cheating at all! I just don't have the time. I thought about contacting our local embroidery store, but that can get expensive! I e-mailed cafe press to see if you can pay with a prepaid visa card and you can! WOOOHOOO (I don't have a credit card-to dangerous!!!)
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #340
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I guess Dakota could be Jane. She is described as small and fair.. I saw her in the preview for Push, she is growing up! But can she be MEAN?

Yeah, I can see her in this role. She's in a new movie right now, that I actually saw a trailor for at *twilight*, that seems to be a totally different role for her.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #341
Crimping Master

Quote:
Yeah, I can see her in this role. She's in a new movie right now, that I actually saw a trailor for at *twilight*, that seems to be a totally different role for her.

Me too!! I do think that is a good part for her. I like her as an actress. But boy has she grown up...fast! She will be a good Jane, she can have some mean eyes when needed!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #342
Crimping Master

Can you believe that I never went to see the movie? I'll get it when it comes out on DVD, but I just didn't want to ruin the Edward I was seeing in my head. Don't get me wrong, Rob Pattison is totally hot... but not MY Edward. I just couldn't bring myself to mess with that image in my head... yet...

Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #343
Crimping Master

Oh yeah... I think that while I was reading I was picturing Jane to look very similar to Dakota Fanning. I think it will be a good role for her. Something very different from her usual roles.

Don't throw tomatoes here... .but I didn't think that Vanessa Hutchins would be a bad Leah either. She can't be a Disney girl forever, right? But I guess that rumor was totally false, even though it was on tv too.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #344
Crimping Master

Quote:
Can you believe that I never went to see the movie? I'll get it when it comes out on DVD, but I just didn't want to ruin the Edward I was seeing in my head. Don't get me wrong, Rob Pattison is totally hot... but not MY Edward. I just couldn't bring myself to mess with that image in my head... yet...

Thats okay I only seen it once....until I get that dvd in my hands! Now, I did like the movie but...I can tell you that the book is 10x's better!!! I have to say I really loved the characters they picked...Alice was probably my favorite, even in the books! I totally pictured her like that! She is sooo sweet!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #345
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
OMG, did I write this? LOL!
The first time I read it, I was a mess. When he left her in the woods and the next pages were empty except for the month....my gawd, my stomach just dropped and I bawled.....I came to that part today at work(reading at lunch listening to the soundtrack on my ipod - yeah, I'm a nerd). I held the tears off, I do have a reputation to uphold and tears wouldn't be a good thing.

As far as my favorite, I'm not sure which it would be.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #346
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I'm right there with you!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #347
Pearl-ExPert

I'm finishing up BD right now and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see just one more book. In my mind, it would be all about how everyone gets together to overthrow the volturi! I can't imagine how it would happen, or who would die, or who would be involved or anything else, but I want to see those ickie things taken down!!! What do you think? And what would we call it?
hhhhhmmmm.....

FORCE
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #348
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
Ohhh, I say thrifty. Good idea! With all the twilight fonts you can download for free, it shouldn't be too hard to make your own. Plus you can buy a shirt that you know will fit you right.
My Blog
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #349
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Yeah, your right. NM is painful, that is a very good description. It's good in it's own way, but your right in the thinking that we could have had more of a story on what Edward was going through without Bella! I can't believe you guys are still going to see Twilight. It has been gone around us for about 3 weeks now! Soon as Christmas break was gone, so was Twilight! Now I saw it 2 times, and THATS saying something. I'm cheap and I have NEVER paid a movie theater to see the same movie twice!!!!
Ah, but see, i am overseas military, we get movies later..it didn't get here until January ( when yous were DONE with it)but it also only costs us $3 to see it on base. So I can see it 5 times for the price of a ticket in NYC.since it wasn't a mega movie, we don't get them until they are finished in the states, but we get big ones the same time. Like we will get Harry Potter when you guys do.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #350
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I'm finishing up BD right now and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see just one more book. In my mind, it would be all about how everyone gets together to overthrow the volturi! I can't imagine how it would happen, or who would die, or who would be involved or anything else, but I want to see those ickie things taken down!!! What do you think? And what would we call it?
hhhhhmmmm.....

FORCE
i was quite miffed that there wasn't a Volturi smackdown too.Who cares if Jane gets her feelings hurt. i'm with the Romanians..We got talent too, ya big meanies.leave that poor baby alone, isn't her name enough of a cross to bare?(sorry, not a huge fan of renesme)She probably didn't want to lose any of her characters to a battle, but da*n, we have like 15 werewolves now!! we could take 'em. I want to be kate.At least she tried to take 'em.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #351
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
i was quite miffed that there wasn't a Volturi smackdown too.Who cares if Jane gets her feelings hurt. i'm with the Romanians..We got talent too, ya big meanies.leave that poor baby alone, isn't her name enough of a cross to bare?(sorry, not a huge fan of renesme)She probably didn't want to lose any of her characters to a battle, but da*n, we have like 15 werewolves now!! we could take 'em. I want to be kate.At least she tried to take 'em.
I agree. Everything seemed to end without a climax. BD was my least favorite -- very anticlimatic.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #352
Pearl-ExPert

oh i SOOOOO want jane to go down!!!! her and caius need to be the first to go.

got to go for the morning, but be back later to chat with you fellow *twilighters*
Old 01-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #353
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
the Edward in my head when I was reading was different too, even on my third reading of the series I am still not seeing Rob Pattinson, I don't dislike him in any way he is a very good looking young man but not what I imagine while reading.....I have no idea why that is but its just the workings of mind I guess...LOL

Old 01-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #354
Die Cut Diva

I was thinking Edward would look different, but I think Rob is awesome. he's not a generic looking kind of handsome. although I thought the makeup on some of the vampires was comical at times, I think they did a great job with Rob.He has a great smile.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was thinking Edward would look different, but I think Rob is awesome. he's not a generic looking kind of handsome. although I thought the makeup on some of the vampires was comical at times, I think they did a great job with Rob.He has a great smile.
agree

Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #356
Proud Fan Club Member

I think it would have been almost impossible to find an actor as perfect as Edward is described in the book. Rob works just fine. I'm anxious to see how Taylor Launter looks as Jacob in the second movie. I think there's going to be a lot of CG going on. But they couldn't change the actor! He's perfect.

Last edited by Clownmom; 01-24-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #357
Pearl-ExPert

I'm VERY interrested to see how they're going to make TL look 25!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #358
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I'm VERY interrested to see how they're going to make TL look 25!!!!!!
You need to post a link to a bigger picture of your avi... Pretty please??
My Blog
Old 01-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #359
Pearl-ExPert

well sarah, i just found it on line somewhere. just type in emmett cullen, and this was one that came up. sorry i can't help you more!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #360
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
well sarah, i just found it on line somewhere. just type in emmett cullen, and this was one that came up. sorry i can't help you more!
Thanks Deanne! Will do that...
My Blog