Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy queen View Post
Hey-what do you'all think of a TWilight trivia thread??? I was thinking it would be fun with 4 books to choose questions from! Would I post it in the books board?

???
or in fun and games

BTW I know what the 3 bonus tracks are, which 2 I knew already but now I see what the 3 bonus from itunes are. Anyway I have them all now. LOL

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #202
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to CindyLou13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepaul View Post
It is on the soundtrack if you buy from iTunes. They have 3 extra songs on the soundtrack they sell.
Think I can use that reasoning w/ dh so that I can GET an Ipod? LOL!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Look what I made yesterday:

http://inkypapermenagerie.blogspot.c.../twilight.html

Old 12-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #204
Embossing Fanatic

Hey everyone! A loonnnnggg power outage at my house kept me from replying sooner with this info. about when the Twilight soundtrack songs appear in the movie. Sorry about that! Here goes:

Supermassive Black Hole, Muse - Baseball scene
Decode, Paramore - played over end Credits
Full Moon, The Black Ghosts - Bella leaving Phoenix, arriving in Forks
Leave Out All The Rest, Linkin Park - played over end Credits
Spotlight, Mutemath - when Edward and Bella arrive at school together for the first time, when everyone's looking at them
Go All The Way (Into the Twilight), Perry Farrell - when Bella and Edward first arrive at the prom, and go inside
Tremble for my Beloved, Collective Soul - begins after Edward stops the truck, continues as Bella asks Edward what happened
I Caught Myself, Paramore - while Bella, Angela, and Jessica are shopping for dresses in Port Angeles
Eyes on Fire, Blue Foundation - one of the times that Bella is standing near her truck in the school parking lot, perhaps when she's reading?
Never Think, Rob Pattinson - while Edward and Bella are at the restaurant in Port Angeles
Flightless Bird, American Mouth, Iron & Wine - when Bella and Edward are dancing in the gazebo at the prom
Bella's Lullaby, Carter Burwell - while Edward leaps out of the window with Bella, they climb the tree, and then wraps up with Edward playing the piano for Bella

Additional soundtrack songs available on iTunes:
Let Me Sign, Rob Pattinson - when Edward is sucking the venom from Bella's arm
Clair de Lune - Edward and Bella dancing in Edward's room
La Traviata - while the Cullens are cooking for Bella

And a Bonus! A Radiohead song called 15 Step is also played over the end credits.

Twilight Fans! Visit TwilightTuesday.com to participate in our Twilight challenges!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB073 View Post
Hey everyone! A loonnnnggg power outage at my house kept me from replying sooner with this info. about when the Twilight soundtrack songs appear in the movie. Sorry about that! Here goes:

Spotlight, Mutemath - when Edward and Bella arrive at school together for the first time, when everyone's looking at them
Go All The Way (Into the Twilight), Perry Farrell - when Bella and Edward first arrive at the prom, and go inside
Tremble for my Beloved, Collective Soul - begins after Edward stops the truck, continues as Bella asks Edward what happened
I Caught Myself, Paramore - while Bella, Angela, and Jessica are shopping for dresses in Port Angeles
Eyes on Fire, Blue Foundation - one of the times that Bella is standing near her truck in the school parking lot, perhaps when she's reading?
Never Think, Rob Pattinson - while Edward and Bella are at the restaurant in Port Angeles
Flightless Bird, American Mouth, Iron & Wine - when Bella and Edward are dancing in the gazebo at the prom
Bella's Lullaby, Carter Burwell - while Edward leaps out of the window with Bella, they climb the tree, and then wraps up with Edward playing the piano for Bella

And a Bonus! A Radiohead song called 15 Step is also played over the end credits.
it is in Biology when Edward is missing from school after the first meeting.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #206
Pearl-ExPert

You guys freaking rock!!!!!

Now, do we know the song that is playing when Edward follows Bella up into the woods when she tells him she knows what he is?

JMB073-how in the UNIVERSE do you know all of them????? Way to go! And thanks again gals!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

I think that one is just part of the score written for the movie Deanne.

As many times as I have seen this ovie I should know them all, my girls laught at me for it

Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #208
Crimping Master

Quote:
First, daisy you HAVE to read this!!!! Yes Mommies everywhere are in love with this series. I don't know if I can really put into words what it is that I love so much. Maybe it's feeling like a teenager again, going through your first love. Maybe it's the romance and the way SM writes the book. Maybe it's the connection between Bella and Edward. IDK, it's such a story of soulmates and a love connection that shouldn't be! You need to read it, as a gift to yourself!!!!!

Thank you Cindylou. My DD's and I had figured out a few that you had listed but I'm glad you mentioned when Never Think was on. I didn't remember that at all! One of my DD's said that we should go see it for a 3rd time as an excuse to find the rest of the musical sceens! I don't know, we'll see!
And don't forget Bella's Lullabye is when they are jumping through the trees and at his house playing the piano-is that right?

OMG...you hit the nail on the head with the "love" for the book! I have been trying to figure out why I was so obsessed with these books and now I realize why!! Plus SM writes wonderful. I LOVE all the details she put in them!

I have to say I haven't sat down to read a book in 5 years...sahm of 3!! I saw the movie with my neice and the movie ended at 10pm...I was at Walmart buying Twilight at 10:30pm!! I read the first two books in 2 weeks...and yes it is addictive!! I haven't felt this way about anything in a very very very long time!!! I LOVE IT
Old 12-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #209
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks, dairy queen! Honestly, I can't even really say how I know all of that -- I just opened up my iTunes and pieced it all together. That's my Twilight obsession for you, I guess. I can keep track of endless amounts of details that have anything to do with Edward Cullen, but my normal life? Not so much.

You asked about the music during the scene when Edward and Bella head up to the woods from the school parking lot. As Dorinda just mentioned, that music is from the movie's score, and that is something you can buy as well (I got mine from iTunes). I would really recommend it, actually -- there is some great music on there that will REALLY remind you of being at the movie. The titles of the tracks on the score album are so descriptive that you will recognize the scenes they come from. The tracks from that scene are called "I Know What You Are," "The Skin of a Killer," and sigh...."The Lion Fell in Love with the Lamb." Oh, that last one! I'm swooning just thinking about it. That one alone is worth the purchase of the score.

On Amazon you can hear samples of the tracks.

Twilight Fans! Visit TwilightTuesday.com to participate in our Twilight challenges!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:05 AM   #210
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Dorinda and JMBO73!!! I bow to you!

Kerrie, you make me laugh about getting the book as soon as you were done with the movie! I think thats just great!
And I'm just so happy that you GOT it! Especially about you not reading anything for 5 years, but you just knew that you needed to read this series. And then loved it! It's so hard to put in words why people like this book so much and when your recommending it to someone you just think "duh, just open your eyes and read it, then you'll get it". Good for you, it is a gift to yourself!

NOW I created the Twilight trivia post over on the fun and games page. Come on over and lets PLAY!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #211
Compulsive Stamper

I bow to you.

Sorry you were affected by the winter storm and power outage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB073 View Post

Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #212
Hot Mess

Just in case ya'll were worried.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss...n_top_eo/73298
Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #213
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by propecia View Post
I read the statement she posted on her website and the letter the new directer wrote to the fans. I think they have a handle on things.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Dorinda and JMBO73!!! I bow to you!

Kerrie, you make me laugh about getting the book as soon as you were done with the movie! I think thats just great!
And I'm just so happy that you GOT it! Especially about you not reading anything for 5 years, but you just knew that you needed to read this series. And then loved it! It's so hard to put in words why people like this book so much and when your recommending it to someone you just think "duh, just open your eyes and read it, then you'll get it". Good for you, it is a gift to yourself!

NOW I created the Twilight trivia post over on the fun and games page. Come on over and lets PLAY!
I think I have a little bit of a fixation on the stories and movie and music here...it may not be all together healthy

Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #215
Hot Mess

More gossip!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-12-15-tw...n-and-whos-out
Old 12-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #216
Hot Mess

I for one am glad that Jacob will probably be recast. I don't like his character (Team Edward all the way) and I think the kid who played him did a good job (I will always think of him in that stupid movie my nephew made me watch a 100 times) but just didn't look the part IMO.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:27 AM   #217
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah, I think agree propecia. He is VERY easy on the eyes but how in the world are they going to make him look 25 and almost 7 feet tall. Not gonna happen!

I think we are going to have to move the Twilight trivia thread over here or somewhere else. That board moves WAY to fast! How can we do that (since I am uber non-computer friendly!)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:49 AM   #218
Stazon Splitcoast

we can't do it a mod will have to do it. All we can do is bump it to the top and see if we can keep our players interested in participating

Old 12-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #219
Crimping Master

Darn it!! I hate when the characters change during a series...but I am sure they know what they are doing !! Just as long as they dont touch Edward I'll be just fine !!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 AM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

come over and play in the trivia thread that Deanne aka: dairy queen, started for us:

Twilight trivia...who wants to play???

Old 12-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #221
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Sorry I am coming in late on this topic but I have a question.

My dd just turned 11 and is reading the second book right now. My dd teacher helper pulled me aside on Thursday and told me that in book 3 and 4 there is material not suitable for my dd age. She said something about vampire seduction that is pretty lengthy.

So should I have my dd hold off reading book 3 and 4?

Any information would be greatly appericated!

Thanks

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

SPOILER ALERT

the books are about chastity basically....the two teens that are the main characters are in love but do not have 'relations' until after marriage.

I think that I may hold off on the last book especially, but just so you know the act of 'physical love' is not really described in detail. The best way to judge the content is to read it yourself first this is what I did. my girls are 13 and 16 and I read all 4 books before they did so i could make a decision ahead of time.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #223
Crimping Master

Send a message via MSN to ellepaul

My DD is 11 as well. I am letting read book 3 (Eclipse) but I will not let her read book 4 (Breaking Dawn) until she is older. Like 16 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post

My dd just turned 11 and is reading the second book right now. My dd teacher helper pulled me aside on Thursday and told me that in book 3 and 4 there is material not suitable for my dd age. She said something about vampire seduction that is pretty lengthy.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #224
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Thanks
I agree with your DD's teacher helper. I would read them yourself first to judge what your DD is ready for. My DD is 10 and I won't let her read them until she's at least 13 (and probably later for 3 and 4). The first two are OK, but 3 and 4 definitely deal with some older themes. They are not graphic at all, but just bring up issues that my 10 year old isn't even aware of at this point. I just think it would be hard to let her read the first couple and then make her stop, so I'm holding off. Luckily, she's not that interested at this point. HTH.
a*muse|studio consultant #1180
My Blog
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #225
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks
My dd is 11 and I won't let her even read the 1st book. Book 3 and 4 are the problematic ones because there is some serious sexual tension going on and Bella is constantly trying to get Edward to get more physical in book 3. Since my dd gets stuck on a series and I know she'll never be happy reading half of a series and then stopping, I decided to not even let her start reading them. I did take her to see the movie and pretty much told her what happens in the rest of the series just so she won't feel totally left out among her friends who have read them.

I'd like to give your dd's teacher helper a hug for giving you the head's up. That was really considerate of her. Twilight has been mentioned in my dd's "book talks" during class, and I can't help but wonder what makes the teacher think she should recommend this book given the nature of the later books.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

I know my niece who is 10 wants to read these books and my SIL got her book 1 for Christmas and I told her she may want to wait on the rest of the books because they deal with mature concepts and emotions...even though the main characters talk about virtues and chastity, it is still more mature subject material than a 10 yo girl needs to read. The books are targeted at teens. I feel the best way to decide is to read it first, that is what I did and my girls are teens...I needed to know for myself how they were written and what they explored and I had to think how my girls would relate to it. Over all for teens I am thrilled with the story, (for teens) it promotes a lot of 'good' behavior especially in this day and age. My 16 yo DD has asked for a purity ring for Christmas and is even more set in her decision to 'wait' til she is mature enough and for love and marriage before jumping head first into sex. These stories helped all of what she already felt and it romanticized it for her.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #227
Crimping Master

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!

I hope you all have a wonderful happy holiday!!

Take care all of you.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorinda View Post
SPOILER ALERT

the books are about chastity basically....the two teens that are the main characters are in love but do not have 'relations' until after marriage.

I think that I may hold off on the last book especially, but just so you know the act of 'physical love' is not really described in detail. The best way to judge the content is to read it yourself first this is what I did. my girls are 13 and 16 and I read all 4 books before they did so i could make a decision ahead of time.
Thank You for your responce!

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonstamps View Post
My dd is 11 and I won't let her even read the 1st book. Book 3 and 4 are the problematic ones because there is some serious sexual tension going on and Bella is constantly trying to get Edward to get more physical in book 3. Since my dd gets stuck on a series and I know she'll never be happy reading half of a series and then stopping, I decided to not even let her start reading them. I did take her to see the movie and pretty much told her what happens in the rest of the series just so she won't feel totally left out among her friends who have read them.

I'd like to give your dd's teacher helper a hug for giving you the head's up. That was really considerate of her. Twilight has been mentioned in my dd's "book talks" during class, and I can't help but wonder what makes the teacher think she should recommend this book given the nature of the later books.
My 11yr old dd is a major bookworm (she read the 7 harry potter book in less than 1 school year). I did not know she was reading the twlight book 1 untill she was half done. Her girlfriend same age, lent it to her. This girlfriend said there is nothing wrong with these book, her mom let her read them.

I tend to beleive my daughter teacher's helper and all of you.

Thanks for responding!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #230
Glitter Queen

i don't know how i've missed you all. im totally obsessed with Twilight and everything about it. Have you hooked up with the new throw HOt Topic is selling? its Edward. when i get mine i will post a copy. since the movie has come out im kinda lost with what to do with myself, i got hooked. glad i found you. are you still doing twilight tuesday crafts? the movie is moving out of the theaters here so what am i going to do on tuesdays now? CRAFT of course!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 PM   #231
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to stampvamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIWHO View Post
i don't know how i've missed you all. im totally obsessed with Twilight and everything about it. Have you hooked up with the new throw HOt Topic is selling? its Edward. when i get mine i will post a copy. since the movie has come out im kinda lost with what to do with myself, i got hooked. glad i found you. are you still doing twilight tuesday crafts? the movie is moving out of the theaters here so what am i going to do on tuesdays now? CRAFT of course!
Haven't seen that throw but I'll be hopping over there momentarily to look!!

YES!!! WE ARE DOING TWILIGHT TUESDAY CRAFTS!! We're technically on break until Jan. 6 but we are definitely around. And we have tons of stuff planned! We have a new "official" site at:

http://twilighttuesday.com

There's even a spiffy new forum to chat in! We'd be super exited for you to join us!!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #232
Proud Fan Club Member

I just picked up The Twilight Companion, The Unauthorized Guide to the Series by Lois H. Gresh. It's pretty interesting. Gives background information about vampires and werewolves through the ages of myth and lore, and also has some pretty funny quizzes to see if you would be a compatible mate for Edward.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #233
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to grooveyjerseychick

oh, it's my lucky day. I was in the shadows, being a mom of 3 and reading a 'teen romance'. It was recommended to me by a women, my age, in our 'women of the Catholic church' meeting. she described it as 'potato chips for the brain".A true guilty pleasure. I am SO HOOKED! I live in Italy at the moment, and I haven't been able to get Eclipse. I have read Twilight and New Moon, own Breaking dawn..and I have had to use super human restraint NOT to read it out of turn. The movie opens here on Friday ( yes, haven't seen it yet)and I am taking the kids if i can't find a babysitter. I wanted an Edward for Christmas. I lent my copy to my Husbands Grandma( she's his step-grandma, only in her 60's) and she LOVED it. i got her a Team Edward t-shirt for Christmas as sort of a gag..she says she wears it all the time!
As for why i love it at 'my age", I think we never get to old to fall in love for the first time, again. Love at the age of 17 has to be the best. Unconditional.You don't have to worry about what he does for a living, will he be a good father, all the blah blah blah. You just fall in love..and you don't know enough to hold anything back. I remember my first love, I still think I love him a little. This series just makes me feel , for the hours I am reading it, young again, where finding out your hot new boyfriend is a vampire is no biggy.....Just something really cool! Plus I think the whole immortal love aspect is very attractive. You will be young and beautiful and totally in love forever. Plus, vampires are sexy. Hey, and if they sparkle. bonus!! We all want to be the girl whose blood sings for somebody, right?

Last edited by grooveyjerseychick; 01-05-2009 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: miss spell
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast

well said! i agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveyjerseychick View Post
oh, it's my lucky day. I was in the shadows, being a mom of 3 and reading a 'teen romance'. It was recommended to me by a women, my age, in our 'women of the Catholic church' meeting. she described it as 'potato chips for the brain".A true guilty pleasure. I am SO HOOKED! I live in Italy at the moment, and I haven't been able to get Eclipse. I have read Twilight and New Moon, own Breaking dawn..and I have had to use super human restraint NOT to read it out of turn. The movie opens here on Friday ( yes, haven't seen it yet)and I am taking the kids if i can't find a babysitter. I wanted an Edward for Christmas. I lent my copy to my Husbands Grandma( she's his step-grandma, only in her 60's) and she LOVED it. i got her a Team Edward t-shirt for Christmas as sort of a gag..she says she wears it all the time!
As for why i love it at 'my age", I think we never get to old to fall in love for the first time, again. Love at the age of 17 has to be the best. Unconditional.You don't have to worry about what he does for a living, will he be a good father, all the blah blah blah. You just fall in love..and you don't know enough to hold anything back. I remember my first love, I still think I love him a little. This series just makes me feel , for the hours I am reading it, young again, where finding out your hot new boyfriend is a vampire is no biggy.....Just something really cool! Plus I think the whole immortal love aspect is very attractive. You will be young and beautiful and totally in love forever. Plus, vampires are sexy. Hey, and if they sparkle. bonus!! We all want to be the girl whose blood sings for somebody, right?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #235
Proud Fan Club Member

We were all teen-aged girls in love once!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #236
Die Cut Diva

it doesn't hurt that the guy playing Edward is so ..I can't say cute...can't say hot..all too trite...smolderingly beautiful. Ahhh youth.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #237
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveyjerseychick View Post
OMG, Tia!! Sooo glad to hook up with you again on this thread. You have said it beautifully...I am addicted too and for all the reasons you describe. I think my favorites were New Moon and Eclipse...I am sooo jealous that you still have that to look forward to for the first time. I think I've read Eclipse at least 3 times already and I just started on the series on Thanksgiving. My sister and I went totally crazy with the Twilight stuff for Christmas too...She got me the calendar at Borders...YUMMY...I just wish every month had Edward on it. I may have to hunt up another copy and send you one overseas. It was a Borders exclusive. I haven't been on SCS as much lately as my Cullen obsession has taken up all of my spare time. Hope to chat with you soon!
My Blog
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #238
Hot Mess

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2009/...-comes-to-dvd/
Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #239
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAstamper View Post
OMG, Tia!! Sooo glad to hook up with you again on this thread. You have said it beautifully...I am addicted too and for all the reasons you describe. I think my favorites were New Moon and Eclipse...I am sooo jealous that you still have that to look forward to for the first time. I think I've read Eclipse at least 3 times already and I just started on the series on Thanksgiving. My sister and I went totally crazy with the Twilight stuff for Christmas too...She got me the calendar at Borders...YUMMY...I just wish every month had Edward on it. I may have to hunt up another copy and send you one overseas. It was a Borders exclusive. I haven't been on SCS as much lately as my Cullen obsession has taken up all of my spare time. Hope to chat with you soon!
I actually got eclipse yesterday.. so for from about 8 last night until 6 am this morning ( had to quit to get the kids to school) then until 1 pm...read straight thru both Eclipse and Breaking dawn. 15 hours to read both. Just a side, no girl should get 2 hot supernatural beings.So unfair. Eclipse is good. I loved breaking dawn..thought a few parts were drawn out...especially the world according to mongrels, AKA, Jacob etc ( just not into 'doggy style' I guess, I like 'em cold, dead and sparkley)_not enough romance. Would have liked a volturi smack down.I wish Kate got to spark the s#*T out of Jane.At least she never said she wouldn't write anymore.( I hope)
Good to hear from you too!! Sort of got lost here in Italy off the threads.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #240
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by propecia View Post
Ohhh, don't know if I can wait that long!! Thanks for the update!
My Blog