Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default entering multiple challenges

I started playing along with a few challenges recently. When I look at other entries, a lot of the people enter their cards in multiple challenges. And most of them are for 5 or more at a time. Sometimes like 15 challenges. I'm not against it, but was just wondering why people do this. Is it for a better chance to be picked as a winner in random drawings? I seem to make a card for each challenge. Most of the time, the site having the challenge, wants to have their stamps or products used. If anyone who participates (and submits a card to multiple challenges) could let me know their reasons. My inquiring mind is just curious.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I've never managed to make one single card for 15 Challenges, but I like to challenge myself to combine multiple challenges (3 or 4). Some of them even encourage you to do so, like Pile it on: pile it on
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

My guess would be that it draws more viewers to your blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I am guilty, recently I had a card that qualified for about 50 because of the Valetine's theme (there are a lot of these). But I don't know if the ease of qualifying for so many makes any difference if I am using digital stamps and elements since that's where my addictions lie.

I keep a running list of challenges in Excel with the week's theme and additional rules. Sometimes it requires the blog's images but many challenges are using any image and are promoting a sponsor. I use the list mostly to challenge myself and try techniques or elements I may not have tried before.

I just started entering challenges about 2 months ago and I am obsessed. I admit, the prizes are pretty nice to win and I often go back to the store where I've won, and I love badges for Top Picks even more. I use the badge links on my blog to remember where I've been and try to frequent those sites most. I have not considered that challenges are a way to promote my blog since the only thing I have to offer on mine is a history of cards and challenges I've entered them in.

Some of my cards take about 2 or 3 hours to make. If I was making one card per challenge, I don't think I would put as much effort into them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg TView Post
I started playing along with a few challenges recently. When I look at other entries, a lot of the people enter their cards in multiple challenges. And most of them are for 5 or more at a time. Sometimes like 15 challenges. I'm not against it, but was just wondering why people do this. Is it for a better chance to be picked as a winner in random drawings? I seem to make a card for each challenge. Most of the time, the site having the challenge, wants to have their stamps or products used. If anyone who participates (and submits a card to multiple challenges) could let me know their reasons. My inquiring mind is just curious.
I don't think I could ever manage to create a card for more than 2 or 3 challenges (maybe 5 at the most). It just never works that way for me and I when enter a card into a challenge I try to make it specifically for that challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
I don't think I could ever manage to create a card for more than 2 or 3 challenges (maybe 5 at the most). It just never works that way for me and I when enter a card into a challenge I try to make it specifically for that challenge.
LaLatty, I joined your challenge blog and hope to join in your challenge next week. I may try combining it with another challenge if I can. It will be a first. Thanx for all the replies everyone so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg TView Post
LaLatty, I joined your challenge blog and hope to join in your challenge next week. I may try combining it with another challenge if I can. It will be a first. Thanx for all the replies everyone so far.
That's wonderful, thank you so much! We'd love to have you play along with us! Participating in blog challenges is a great way to visit new blogs too Our next week's challenge is an easy one so I'm sure you'll be able to play along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I run a challenge on my site. I keep it simple so everyone will feel comfortable playing along - all skills levels. Hopefully, it just offers inspiration. When I see that someone has entered along with 20 some other challenges, it does feel a little like getting spammed, but, hey, I don't mind. It's all just for fun. Some challenge sites do limit the number of challenges you can enter along with theirs. I just don't because I like to keep it easy and fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I've been looking for a blog that lists challenges.

I noticed that The Daily Dare most not be running anymore since the last time they seemed to update was in February.

Right now I just do one challenge blog at a time. But it's kinda cheating because I'm on the DT teams so I do get a bit longer to think about my project and play.

I did notice that Pile it On has a list of other blog challenges in their side bar, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Here are a few resources you might find helpful:

Stampin' When I Can - displays sketch challenges

Feline Playful - lists all kinds of challenges - and the winners
Reply With Quote Likes