Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #121
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasa View Post
I would love some helpful criticism if anyone cares to take a look at my blog. I still seem to be tweaking it a bit everyday, but I would like to know what is bothersome to other people!

Thanks in advance!

Creative Reflections
Ah doll, there's not a thing I would change. You have it all. Valuable tid bits, like that incredible frugal storage ideas, enough about your personal life to let us feel like we get to know you, fabulous projects, valuable resources like the SVG files . . . it rocks! I can tell you've put a lot of work into it - doing a lot of best practices.

It's not really an objection . . . just a thought. You might put either your name or some sort of little statement with your title - just to help set you apart. Like Creative Reflection in large print and "by Dana Last-name." See, after spending time on your blog, I still don't know what your last name is. On mine I have Catered Crop in big print and "recipes for paper crafting" in small print.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with Lupus. I hope the new infusion is working!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #122
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPunchScissors View Post
Please feel free to give me some constructive feedback on both the blog and card designs.

Summerwalk Designs
Oh my goodness gracious gravy . . . your art is just stunning. I love that your blog style matches the classic style of your art. Thank you for the big pictures, too for this old-age eyes. Your art is so incredible, that the big pictures help me see all the wonderful details. Your words are very uplifting, too. There are so, so many things to love about this blog and your art.

My only suggestions - not criticisms, just suggestions.
- Look at the order of the things you have in your sidebar and think about what your want your readers to know most. I'm thinking the thing you want them to know the most and act on is subscribing to your blog. So, you might reorder things a bit there.
- Your blog heading, while beautiful, is big. It takes up the full screen when you first load up your blog. You might make it less deep if you can so we can sneak peak your project without scrolling down.
- And lastly, the only thing with your last name on it is your watermark on your cards. Some people prefer to be anonymous that way. But, honey, your blog and art is so pretty, I'd sign it with my full name. Just sayin . . .
Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #123
Mad Swapper

I think I'm all caught up now. If you've asked for feedback and no one's given it, let us know.

If you haven't noticed from my feedback . . . not seeing a full name on a blog is kind of a pet peeve of mine. That's because I run a challenge site, and I hate having to search all over the blog to find the name to announce the winner. Shoot, sometimes I'll just pick someone else if I can't find the name.

But, also, so work so hard on your blog and your art, don't you want to sign it? For me . . . . I would love to be the next big name in the craft . . . the next Debbie Olson or Beatte Johns. That's kind of crazy, but in the end, wouldn't it be lovely to at least be a B celebrate in the crafting world. Name recognition would be a wonderful thing.

Okay . . . enough of my soapbox.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #124
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd love some feedback on my blog.
I feel like I'm going off in too many different directions and not enough actual art on there.
Right now I'm dealing with my DD moving home from university and moving out again on May 1, my DS who is a busy busy busy 11th grader who doesn't yet drive and the disorganization of my craft space (well actually my whole house right now).
I just uploaded a new template to my blog - had to tweak the HTML myself to make it work for me - but I'm not sure I'm loving it.
Right off the bat I want to say that I'm trying to fix the date stamp on posts - it only shows time for some reason - so don't comment on that!
Thanks in advance for positive critism and feedback!
Marie
Marie Loves to Stamp
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #125
Forum Fanatic

I like your blog-no issues here. I would love to see more of your projects but the organizing and thrifting/repurposing posts are favorites of mine too. I'm following you now!

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #126
Mad Swapper

Marie - No issues here either on the blog design. It's really nice without being distracting. Your side bar is prioritized nicely. You have your name front and center (thank you!). I love your organization tips.

To the savvy blogger it's obvious it's a template without a lot of your own personality built into it. Maybe you could come up with a nice signature icon or something that just uniquely represents you but that you can still incorporate into this blog design.

Be sure to "link with love." It looks like you have some photos from some other sites (e.g., the magnetic Stickles storage). Be sure to give photo credit when it's not yours. Could get you in some trouble some day. If you take the "Link with Love" pledge, you can put this cool blog button on your sidebar. Just sayin . . . . LINKwithlove
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #127
Forum Fanatic

I guess I'm still in the old mindset of privacy on the intenet-which is why I don't use my full name on anything. I'm not conducting business or selling anything and there's about a .00000000001% chance I'll ever need name recognition based on my projects so why isn't just a first name enough?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #128
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Linda and Gale for your feedback! I have gone through the latest posts where I grabbed stuff from Pinterest and made sure that I mentioned that or credited the originator.
That magnetic storage idea is from Shannon Bogan but on one site I followed it was actually credited to the wrong person!
I will try and "link with love" where I can.

As for the signature line - I used to have one but it stopped working. I'll make a new one for future posts.

Thanks again for the help!
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/
Old 05-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #129
Crimping Master

Cool Finally

Hello all,
I finally got a card posted to my blog. so for its just a basic template offered by blogger. i tried the 3 column thing but then i lost all i had already done. so i went back to basic.it actually did some good. my blogger badges were all going on the bottom when i first added them. after the attempted triple column, they were moved to the right side bar (i guess thats what you call it). i guess it was a fringe benefit to a boo boo.

i only ask one thing if you make a suggestion please either explain how to do so or link me to where I can

have a look and tell me what you think. and feel free to share the love

thanks

ibalady12
ibalady.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #130
Glitter Queen

Ok. I started this blog a month ago and I'm getting very little to no traffic. I'd like some feedback on what I can change. Or help on how to get it out there for people to see. I haven't made many projects lately and posted because I just feel like no body is looking. So I know that the first thing I'll be changing is adding more projects.
Be gentle
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #131
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiover7 View Post
Ok. I started this blog a month ago and I'm getting very little to no traffic. I'd like some feedback on what I can change. Or help on how to get it out there for people to see. I haven't made many projects lately and posted because I just feel like no body is looking. So I know that the first thing I'll be changing is adding more projects.
Be gentle
I guess it would help if I actually posted the blog name. OOPS!

My Stampin Closet
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #132
Glitter Queen

I am also new but I read that one should start with 5 posts, which is what I did. My birth date is January 1, 2012 and I post twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays - almost always with a new project. I have 101 followers and I would love to have a larger following.
Some posts just generate tons of responses but others are lemons. I try to just plug along knowing that popular bloggers have been at it for years. FYI my blog is
The Womens Waiting Room
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #133
Crimping Master

Smile bumping

not that i know how to "bump". can someone bump my prior post ?

TIA
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #134
Mad Swapper

ibalady - I'm sorry no one's gotten to you sooner. I don't use blogger, so I can't help with your technical issues. I can address the content, though. I have to tell you, your very first line on your page is very off putting. "welcome fellow stampers. come visit , comment, say hi , whatever as long as its clean, not profane or disrespectful to anyone or anything." It's almost like we have to get permission to visit and you don't trust your readers. You can always delete a comment you don't like. But, honestly, in the five years I've been blogging, I've never had an offensive comment (other than the occasional spam that you just really can't control). Also, respect your readers by using good grammar. I'm sorry I don't have more positive feedback.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #135
Crimping Master

Default Update

catered crop---thank you for the suggestions.i think i have gotten the description fixed. regarding grammar, i'm not sure to what you were referring. sorry. I have posted more pics with tags. there are still some badges i'd like to add. still havent got that 3 column thing working . those are my next tasks.

thanks again for your comments and suggestions. any additional would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #136
Mad Swapper

Much better.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #137
Crimping Master

thanks, Linda. anyone else besides me use blogger? I am trying to place a small graphic in front of the header and description, only the image is coming out giant. not what i had in mind . the one im playing with is not the one i ultimately want to use, it was handy for just playing with . I'll post on the blogging questions page too

thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #138
Insane Embellisher

I would love to get some feedback on my new blog please. I have just started and I'm still learning my way around, would love any suggestions you might have. Thank you!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Old 05-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #139
Forum Fanatic

I think it looks great! And I'm thrilled that you put "wrought iron" instead of the more common "rod iron".

Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #140
Insane Embellisher

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #141
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Can I get some feedback for my blog?
I am still learning and recently overhauled it to make a sidebar which I think was needed and lacking before. I am still learning...I need to make a gadet?? to my SU store but not sure how to do that. Thank for any advice!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #142
Forum Fanatic

Looks great. I think my monitor is old style because so many blogs are wider than it is and I have to scroll side to side. Your header is so cute-not centered though. If you want that centered try this link: Center or right align header image and title on Blogger (not sure if it works on the current blogger so preview first). Adding a widget for your store should be easy enough. I would use an html widget and add the link or image. Or an image that links to your store. Just go to your design layout and click on add widget and go from there. If you need the html for a clickable image, it goes like this (use the < and > instead of the { and })
{a href="http://www.yourstampinupsite.com"}{img src="http://www.yourimageurl.jpg"}{/a}

Old 07-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #143

OMG!!! Thank you so much Gale!!!!! I hated that when I changed my LO last night it pushed my title to the side! You are amazing!!! One post and you fixed it!!!!! Going to try and add the widgets!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #144
Forum Fanatic

I see the text about your store but it isn't clickable. Are you still working on it? If you need the code try this:

{a href="http://www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net"}Shop Online 24/7 at my Stampin' Up! Store{/a} (use the < and > instead of the { and } )

Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #145

still working on the clickable link....I got the X to click but not sure why my image isn't showing up just an X....I think my eyes are crossed!!!! LOL!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #146
Forum Fanatic

What image are you trying to link? Is it the general SU logo from your DBWS?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #147

I am trying to make a clickable link to my store....I get the X to be clickable and it does take me to my store but not sure why an image isn't showing up. Does that make sense....and I have another question.....Gale- are you by any chance a fishie?????
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #148

I figured it out!!!! OMG....now don't ask me how to do it again!!! LOL!!!!! Thanks for all your help Gale...and I might be totally late but I just put two and two together!!!!! I can't believe I didn't realize you were a fishie!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #149
Forum Fanatic

Yay! It can be frustrating, especially when blogger changes things and the tutorials don't always work. And yep, I'm a fishie. Haven't seen you around there in a while though.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #150

Yes, I haven't been there much lately. I have been pretty busy......trying to do more crafting lately!!!! I am so glad to find a friendly fishie here too!!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #151
Glitter Queen

I completely agree. Names make us all seem more connected. You should consider adding your name to the signature line on your posts so we can reply to a name.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #152

Good idea!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #153
Compulsive Stamper

I'm up for some constructive criticism Mine has been styled this way for a while now...not sure what to do to update it...or if I even should...

Rhoda's Design Studio

Thanks in advance
Rhoda

My Blog
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #154
Compulsive Stamper

Okay, I am extremely nervous and can't believe I'm even doing this but here goes...

I would love for you all to take a look at my blog as well and let me know what you think> Just go easy on me!! I am very new at this whole blogging thing and clearly not as computer literate as all of you and don't know ANYTHING about code - If it not in a template or simple to 'modify' then it just isn't happening!!! I certainly don't have the money to pay for a pretty and fabulous blog either! Most of your blogs are absolutely amazing and I am in awe of your knowledge and talent!!
My Gallery / My Blog

Last edited by ShabbyJoDesigns; 08-12-2012 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #155
Compulsive Stamper

Morning Stacy,

I just went and had a peek at your blog. Cute cards.

The first thing that stood out to me was your header and the text color. I like your header graphic, but I thought the blue text might be a little hard to read, but it ended up being just fine.

The only other thing that really jumped out at me were the all caps where you were asking for comments for your give away. All caps is like screaming at someone. Maybe try changing the font color when you want to emphasize something.

As for not knowing the code and dressing up your blog. That just takes some time and some fiddling. It looks like you are pretty new to blogging. I say "Google" EVERYTHING! You won't learn how to do it until you try...and we all have to start somewhere! I fiddle and mess with code and google the parts I don't know. My blog has evolved over the years

Have fun with it...and if you are worried about messing it up, copy and paste the original code somewhere safe so you can put it back if you want/need to.

Rhoda

My Blog
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #156
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudio View Post
Morning Stacy,

I just went and had a peek at your blog. Cute cards.

The first thing that stood out to me was your header and the text color. I like your header graphic, but I thought the blue text might be a little hard to read, but it ended up being just fine.

The only other thing that really jumped out at me were the all caps where you were asking for comments for your give away. All caps is like screaming at someone. Maybe try changing the font color when you want to emphasize something.

As for not knowing the code and dressing up your blog. That just takes some time and some fiddling. It looks like you are pretty new to blogging. I say "Google" EVERYTHING! You won't learn how to do it until you try...and we all have to start somewhere! I fiddle and mess with code and google the parts I don't know. My blog has evolved over the years

Have fun with it...and if you are worried about messing it up, copy and paste the original code somewhere safe so you can put it back if you want/need to.

Rhoda

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my site and post comments. I went back and edited several of my posts removing anything about the giveaway (my big item didn't pan out anyway). I also went through and corrected any caps! I tend to use them to emphasize - I never want anyone to think I am "screaming" so like I said, I went and changed them all (I hope I found them all!!) Maybe after my son starts school and I have more time I will look into the design aspect of it all or have some spare money to just have one designed for me. So far, it's just a place to showcase my fun times with my personal friends and now my new friends here at SCS!!! Thank you again for your time and advice!!
My Gallery / My Blog
Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #157
Forum Fanatic

Oh wow-I love the way you've done your labels!! That is genius!! I think I may have to adopt that method for my recipe blog. Also love the pages up top. I'm just beginning to do that on mine but I don't have a lot of pages to add yet.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #158
Mad Swapper

Holy Cow! What a great blog - both for design and content. Your work is amazing. I love the sewing, especially. Dang, how do you sew such perfect circles?

Only one comment. At the very bottom of your blog you have what I think is a blog visitor counter, but beneath it it says "lowest prices." ???

Love it!

Last edited by Jeanne S; 09-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Removed quoted blog candy link
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #159
Glitter Queen

Hi everybody! This is a great thread. I would LOVE to have some feedback on my blog as well Crafting Marfa Thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #160
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up Need Help / Feedback on New Blog

Hello everyone!

My NEW blog has been a difficult "work in progress" for several months now. If you check it out you can see for a long time I was just posting information from Stampin' Up! and a couple of interesting articles from other people.

Well, last night I decided to commit myself to DAILY blog entries (in addition to any Stampin' Up! news).

PLEASE.... check me out and give me feedback! Constructive ideas/comments.

Thanks so very much! I did not know this thread was here and now I'm very excited about getting your help.

Sandra's Arts & Crafts Studio