Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #121
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
Hi carrie! I just became a follower and now you are at 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your cards too!
OMGosh ...thanks Lisa you have just made my day lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #122
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow - what a wonderfully informative post - I've only read the first two pages and have a bunch of notes!!

I can't wait to read the rest - might actually have to wait till tomorrow
and check out y'alls blogs - I too have a fledgling blog and want to learn more about the whole blog process.

Thanks ladies!! Andrea
Creative Sanity
Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #123
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I too am trying to get my blog going. Just 3 followers so far . I try to share each post on FB to get people to visit my blog but no one ends up following and those people are my "friends"! lol I started a small business with my crafts a couple of years ago and many people asked me if I had a blog. Now I do. At least I accomplished something! I am hoping to get more traffic by putting the address on business cards and stickers on shopping bags when someone makes a purchase at one of my shows.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #124
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I too am trying to get my blog going. Just 3 followers so far . I try to share each post on FB to get people to visit my blog but no one ends up following and those people are my "friends"! lol I started a small business with my crafts a couple of years ago and many people asked me if I had a blog. Now I do. At least I accomplished something! I am hoping to get more traffic by putting the address on business cards and stickers on shopping bags when someone makes a purchase at one of my shows.
I'm a follower now.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 08-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #125
Compulsive Stamper

Default Lisa, Just Joined for you

Hi Lisa, I just joined your Blog. I too am new at blogging. I have 26 now so at least I feel like my efforts are worthwhile.

Good Luck to you. Love your decorated jar!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #126
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I'm a follower now too! I'm also very new to blogging. Love the paint can! Best of luck!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #127
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane speed View Post
Eels. the reason why we like to have as many followers as possible is the same as a person performing a song would rather sing to a room packed to the rafters than half a dozen people in a corner. It sort of makes it so much more worthwhile somehow. xx
So beautifully/lyrically put. I only have 56 followers and have even lost one . And I visit dozens of other blogs, comment liberally,'post regularly and participate I hops, challenges etc. Nearly weekly. I agree with the lovely poster who also wondered what the point of blogging was if you hadn't much members? I checked my stats thanks to you clever ladies as I had no idea about this before and only had 62 subscribers. That heartened me a bit which was nice. But I do feel that perhaps my cards and or my post may not be appealing to many. I too have seen folks start blogs after me and have a minimum of 6 times or more the followers/members. I don't mean to sound like a whiney kid stomping her feet going "what about me?, what about me?" but what about me? lol. All help/insight cheerfully appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #128
Glitter Queen

LOL! After reading this I was thinking... "I wonder how many followers I have?" So I went on my blog to see. Well... I have ZERO! I don't know if it's because my blog is lame... or because I didn't have a gadget to click. I had one that you could follow by email. But not the other one. Sooooo... I added one. I don't know if I like that or not. Especially since I have no followers.
I've been talking to my husband about sprucing up my page. But I decided I needed to get more projects on there and stuff first.

Angie
www.mycricutcloset.blogspot.com

Last edited by angiover7; 10-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add my blog. :)
Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #129
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Doing giveaways does help, but I make a point to not REQUIRE that they follow because I don't want people following just for that. I have found that following other blogs and regularly commenting on the blogs of those who leave comments on mine adds to my followers. I also participate in large blog parties which offers a lot of exposure and opportunities for people to find my blog and choose to follow.
What are blog parties?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #130
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
I like when people follow my blog, it makes me feel the blogging is all worthwhile that there really is someone out there reading what I post and looking at my creations, and maybe I'm inspiring someone to create something or they feel the same way I do about a product and can share their insight with me in a comment. I like the sharing. Otherwise what's the point of blogging if no one is following?

I was just curious as how to pick the momentum back up again as I've been at a stalemate for months of gaining new followers. I don't want it to seem like I'm looking at this as a competition or anything and hope I didn't come across that way.

I'm glad you posted this. But I also have a question... I want followers for the same reason as you just mentioned. And I've thought about how I could get followers as well so I've really enjoyed reading this topic. So here's my question... Why the blog candy? I mean... I want to do the blog candy thing as well. But everytime I go to the store and think about buying something to give away on my blog... I end up buying something for myself instead. How do you justify it? The idea of doing a give away is very appealing to me. I just end up having to decide if I'm going to buy the supplies I need to create my next project or buy a prize and... LOL.... I end up winning the blog candy every time.

By the way... how do you add your blog and name in your signature line so that people will have the link? (other than just typing it)

Thanks for all the info everyone is sharing.
Angie
My Cricut Closet
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #131
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I blogged for so long before I had any followers. I think if you blog because you are inspired, and you consistently post good content - good instructions, good chatter, good projects - whatever you do, do it well - the audience will come.

People gather around good information. There's not really a quick way to do that.

My best advice is to be yourself.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 10-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #132
Gallery Gazer

i shop my own stash for blog candy. i have so many neglected things that when i purge my craft room i get a box and put things in it i can put up as a giveaway on my blog. i just gave cuttlekid dies away because i have my cricut now.

i think a lot more people are blogging now than when i started 2 yrs ago.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #133
Mad Swapper

I put this up a couple of pages ago, but a good way to get more followers is to join in on Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by Stamping Ground. Its exactly what it says, you post a pic of what your desk looks like/ what you are working on, that day, then click on the linky on The Stamping Grounds site, and your blog is added to the list. Everyone on the list goes around & visits as many of the other blogs as they can manage over the next few days- you will get as many as 30-40 visits.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #134
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf View Post
I put this up a couple of pages ago, but a good way to get more followers is to join in on Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by Stamping Ground. Its exactly what it says, you post a pic of what your desk looks like/ what you are working on, that day, then click on the linky on The Stamping Grounds site, and your blog is added to the list. Everyone on the list goes around & visits as many of the other blogs as they can manage over the next few days- you will get as many as 30-40 visits.
Oh, that sounds like a neat idea. I'll have to read about it some more later tonight. I'm just checking in while I'm making supper.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #135
Glitter Queen

I don't have any followers but have picked up some great advice from this thread thankyou all
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb72 View Post
I don't have any followers but have picked up some great advice from this thread thankyou all
I'd love to be your first follower. It looks like you're a new demo- congrats to you! You're going to love being a demo! I tried leaving a comment for you on your blog, but I couldn't get it to work for me.

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-27-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #137
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLatty View Post
I'd love to be your first follower. It looks like you're a new demo- congrats to you! You're going to love being a demo! I tried leaving a comment for you on your blog, but I couldn't get it to work for me.
Thanking you muchly
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #138
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Bog Followers

Debbie,
YOU have a follower now ! GREAT BLOG....would you share how you make the candle card you have posted on your blog..(??) I would love to know how to make that one for upcoming Christmas cards I am finishing !

Redcaboose1717
Old 10-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #139
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
Debbie,
YOU have a follower now ! GREAT BLOG....would you share how you make the candle card you have posted on your blog..(??) I would love to know how to make that one for upcoming Christmas cards I am finishing !
you use the 1" circle punch to make the cemi circle in the top of the candle and to make the 'halo' around the flame. I poped the candle through the lattice embossing folder and I punch the flame using the big leaf on the bird builder punch and coloured it with pumkin pie ink pad the leaves at the bottom are also from the bird builder punch and the flowers are from the green house garden stamp set. the sentiment is from the easy events stamp set. Does that help? I'll post all the dimentions on the blog tomorrow for you

Last edited by Deb72; 10-27-2011 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #140
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks ! I have never seen that type of card before and really like it ! Will watch for the instructions on your blog as well....

Redcaboose1717
Old 07-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #141
Compulsive Stamper

Following you now
Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #142
Glitter Queen

how do you find blog parties? do you have any specifically that you could recommend? I have a new blog that I would like to promote and I love finding new bloggers to follow. Thanks for any tips!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #143
Stampin' Fool

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I've been blogging for a few years, but have just recently become very regular about it. I have 1 follower (myself) and I never knew to check for the number of subscribers (20). Now I don't feel quite so lonely. I've been watching the stats and can see that people visit my blog, but it makes me feel better to see that some actually subscribe.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #144
Polyshrink Goddess

subbing for ideas.....I need help too!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingArtStudio View Post
how do you find blog parties? do you have any specifically that you could recommend? I have a new blog that I would like to promote and I love finding new bloggers to follow. Thanks for any tips!
Did you check the blogging section here on splitcoast? Sometimes there are blog groups open and that are looking for new members.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #146
Polyshrink Goddess

After reading this thread I decided to start a list of stamping blogs so we may help each other find other stamping blogs and hopefully will be a place for new stamping blogs to be discovered!

Here is a link:
Feline Creative: Inspiration
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Creative View Post
After reading this thread I decided to start a list of stamping blogs so we may help each other find other stamping blogs and hopefully will be a place for new stamping blogs to be discovered!

Here is a link:
Feline Creative: Inspiration
What a great idea, Karen! How nice of you to do that! I'll add your badge on my blog once I'm back on my computer!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #148
Glitter Queen

I too am not getting a lot of followers, got 11, been doing this about 6 months. I have posted my blog on the challenges. One thing I think I am gonna start doing is adding instructions to the projects I post. but I have found new blog on this site to visit and follow
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #149
Forum Fanatic

I think I've gotten quite a few followers just by posting comments on other people's blogs. I have a list of blogs that I visit and comment on regularly, and a few of them come and comment (and maybe follow) my blog. Also, two peas has a daily blogger thread where you can post your latest blog post and the other people in the thread will comment on your blog and possibly follow.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #150
Polyshrink Goddess

I always put instructions on my blog. Recently I purchase a VIDEO CAMERA to see if I can do the videos everyone else is doing...However, I am having trouble making the videos etc. Hopefully I can get one uploaded soon!
Smiles,
Jacqueine
Sugar's Smilin Paper Crafts

redcaboose3054@comcast.net
redcaboose1717

Redcaboose1717
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #151
Polyshrink Goddess

[Great idea. Although I ALWAYS COMMENT on blogs....( have for years) and I guess I will just TRY HARDER ! Thanks !

Jacqueline
Sugar's Smilin Paper Crafts

redcaboose1717
redcaboose3054@comcast.net

Redcaboose1717