Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #521
Forum Fanatic

Wait. How is this stabbing you in the back? You posted that you didn't want the group any longer and that you wanted to keep the name. Am I missing something?

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #522
Insane Embellisher

I am sorry I have missed almost all the posts on this thread because I am not getting notifications in my email and I don't always check this thread.

I turned off the word verification on my blog and will moderate instead.

I do try to post and comment at least once a week.

Laura-Creations on the Island has not commented on my blog yet this year so I just took her off my side bar and quit visiting her blog.

Gale-I think the reason Donna is upset is because you don't comment on our blogs regularly and yet you want to start a new group. The last time you commented on my blog was Feb 18. Two months ago.

Donna-I really did not pay attention to who was wanting to start a new group when I said count me in nor did I read all of this thread I missed. I am sorry again for not responding on this forum but I just forgot to check the actual thread and did not get notifications in my email.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #523
Forum Fanatic

So sorry. I know I don't comment on a regular basis but when I do, and up until the last couple of times when I got so far behind, I try to comment on every single blog post. I have to say that even when I was regularly commenting, I got very little comments as well, which probably made me more complacent. Even though it should not have. I don't want to make excuses but I have 3 kids, we have our own business, and we homeschool, plus my kids are in daily activities. We've had a lot of things going on-my father had a heart attack last year and finally went home after 5 months in the hospital. My daughter just had surgery for a broken arm. Our dog got hit by a car a couple of months ago and is still recuperating. I know we all have busy things and obligations so I know that's no excuse. I didn't realize it had been that long since I'd visited blogs. I looked into other groups but realized I am more attached to the people in this one but maybe that was a bad idea and I should just move on.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #524
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Ladies,

I apologize as I really didn’t mean to cause all this drama. The fact of the matter is that I was frustrated with those members who have been “inactive” for quite some time and rather than deal with the issue I decided to take a step back, which really wasn’t the correct thing to do since I was the Administrator of the group. It just left everyone hanging.

Being in a blog group has its advantages and there are certain commitments that go along with it. Again, I understand full well that life gets busy, but the rules of this group were stated on the first page of this thread. I have been more than accommodating. If the group feels you are not meeting the requirements we must ask that you step down and allow someone else to join. There are people waiting to join blog groups and it isn’t fair to them or us.

In reviewing the group members the following have been “inactive” for way too long.

Laura – Creations On the Island
Gale – Stamps and Stiches
Siobhan – Adventures from the Monkey Hut (per her note)

If the group has no objections, I will list three new openings for this blog group and see what happens. I will also reach out to Diane to confirm if she still wants to be part of the group. Does this sound fair to everyone who has been actively participating? Both Kelly and Cheryl are new members and they have been making the rounds. Is there anyone else you feel hasn’t kept to their commitment? Please speak up now as communication is the key to having an active group.

I would also like to mention at this time my blog has kind of “taken on wings” and I currently participate in a few memes (Alphabe-Thursday & Tea Time). I do not expect this group to leave comments on those posts since they are non-card related. If you want to leave a comment that would be great and very much appreciated. I have a few interests besides cards and rather than create different blogs for each one it is just much easier to combine everything into one. All of you are welcome to enter any of my giveaways.

For those of you who have not been receiving the updates from this thread here is how to correct the issue. Rhonda and others please accept my apology as I shouldn’t have assumed everyone had their settings updated – shame on me.

Click on your SCS name that appears in red at the top right of this screen. This takes you to your profile. Click on “edit options” on the left hand bar. It is listed under Settings & Options. One of the big gray boxes is called “Messaging and Notification”. Make sure the Default Thread Subscription Mode is set for instant email notification. If this is not showing then select the down arrow next to the drop down box and select it. While you are in there you can also set several other things to get what messages you want to receive. Now when someone posts a note in this thread you will receive a notification. I hope this helps everyone stay current.

I welcome any and all feedback. I will update my sidebar accordingly and let’s plan to regroup as soon as possible with any comments or concerns this group may have. Thank you ladies for your patience as I didn’t handle this matter in the right way.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #525
Watercolor Wizard

I totally agree with you Donna. We all have busy lives, but the requirements for this group as well as any other group is to post and leave a comment at lest once a week, those are the rules. I understand not posting and commenting for a week or two because of problems, vacations or just having problems with your mojo.. I have no objections in bringing in 3 new people.
Thank you so much Donna..
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #526
Matboard Maniac

Hey girls! I didn't have my email notification set for this thread. I have corrected this, sorry!

Donna-So glad you've decided to keep our group together!

Have a great week everyone...
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #527
Die Cut Diva

i WILL have a post up today...learning my new camera so the pics are not great...and can you believe i already broke the tripod...i know right?..me the 80 pound weakling...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #528
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I have not visited in awhile. I want to stay in the group. I will try to visit everyone's blog and post one to mine by Thursday or Friday. I have a presentation at work today so I have been super busy this week but should have time soon.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #529
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone! I think we all realize that stuff happens and we all have bad weeks but when it turns into months with no comments or postings then we need to reassess.

I have no problem with opening it up to 3 new members.

Donna-I love your tea postings! I don't always leave a comment on them but I enjoy the photos! So lovely! So glad you are stepping back in!!!

I have updated my profile and I will check this thread more often!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Congratulations, Donna! How fun!!

Hi everyone - welcome to the new members! I've been lost from blogging for awhile other than hit or miss - lots of things going on with my husband, but thank you Donna for the nudge to find the new thread!

I'll update my side bar this afternoon or weekend at the latest

But just briefly, I'm Kelly - wife and mommy to our 4 kids (dd17, dd15, dd13 and ds 7) We live in Miami, FL and love it Looking forward to meeting you all!
x0x0
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

. Donna - Donna's Designs
2. Kari - Pigtail1's Paper Patch
3. Rebekka - A Diamond in the Rough
4. Rhonda - Rhonda Stamps
5. Diane - Stampin Ldyglfr62
6. Kelly - Sandcastle Stamper
7. Cheryl - A Paperie Journey

Okay, I just went to my blog and am heartsick to see my entire blog group for you all is missing! I'll redo it this afternoon, BUT ..... is this the correct group listing (for now, I know you are open to 3 new spots!) I'm hopelessly behind - if you have been to my blog, you know that we've been dealing with medical issues and paper crafting has been impossible. Just so I can update correctly

Love & Hugs!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #532
Matboard Maniac

Hey Diane, How did your presentation go? Never one of my favorite things to do!
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #533
Matboard Maniac

Kelly, I know you were waiting for some test results (your last post), any news? Happy Anniversary too. Hope you and hubby another 28 years together.

LOL! I also have a dd17 and dd13. How do you do it with 2 more? You're a better woman than I.....
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #534
Die Cut Diva

ok so no post...i should remember if i promise to do something...something else will pop up more important...sigh...

ETA: yay i posted!!!

Last edited by pigtail1; 04-26-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #535
Matboard Maniac

You're a hoot Kari!
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperQueen View Post
Kelly, I know you were waiting for some test results (your last post), any news? Happy Anniversary too. Hope you and hubby another 28 years together.

LOL! I also have a dd17 and dd13. How do you do it with 2 more? You're a better woman than I.....
Oh sweetie, definitely not better, but maybe busier! Thank you for the anniversary wishes - DEFINITELY did not plan on spending it by his bedside in the ER or ICU! We were discharged yesterday after a brief hospital stay - that man is giving me several new grey hairs

The results did come back and they were better than we could have hoped for, Praise God! We are so relieved and just now have to heal our hearts, minds, emotions, and his body!

I'll be catching up ASAP on your blog posts, girlies!! I have the weekend free - hopefully paper crafting is in my future, too!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #537
Insane Embellisher

Kelly-glad the news was good on all those tests and that your hubby is home. Here's praying for speedy healing!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #538
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne View Post
Kelly-glad the news was good on all those tests and that your hubby is home. Here's praying for speedy healing!
i 2nd that!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #539
Matboard Maniac

Absolutely...I have to 3rd that! LOL! Enjoy your weekend and try to get some rest yourself. I'm sure YOU could use it.
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #540
Watercolor Wizard

I 4th that
Old 04-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #541
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, friends! I'm glad to be home and life is starting to settle. THis was his 2nd ER hospitalization with no warning, no pre-symptoms and it just stops life on a dime. But I am exhausted in all sense of the word - and it throws the entire family into a tailspin. But he's home, and I'm slowly getting back to normal - PTL!

You girls are just the SWEETEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muah!

Hope everyone is having a nice SONday! POURING rain here ALL DAY - it just moved to a drizzle about 30 minutes ago
x0xo
Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #542
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Monday everyone! It wasn't the weekend I was expecting, but so glad to see everyone here chatting.

Diane - I do hope your presentation went well. One thing I cannot do is speak in front of others!

Kari - I try not and plan too many things anymore because when I do things always change!

Kelly - Happy belated Anniversary and I'm glad your husband has been discharged. No one can ever rest while in the hospital. I'm sure your exhausted as you are the glue that keeps the family together

Hello to Becky, Rhonda and Cheryl. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #543
Matboard Maniac

Hey girls, Hope you all have a great week with lots of wonderful blessings.

Kelly-Donna said it best! You are the "glue" that holds your family together, so I hope you are able to get some rest this week. Keeping you in my prayers!
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #544
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! You girls are the sweetest. Truly a blessing in the big ol world of ours

Today is pouring rain again - so much for this being the SUNSHINE state I heard it's going to rain through mid-week - hopefully some long overdue crafting is in my future!

Happy day, everyone!
x0x0
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #545
Matboard Maniac

Please send some of that rain up to Atlanta, Kelly! We need it. I am planning on driving down to Coral Gables later this week to check in on my grandfather. Hope the rain stops by then! Enjoy your crafting time.
Believe in yourself....
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #546
Die Cut Diva

Kelly...hang in there...and crafting makes bad weather the best...did you know South Dakota was originally the Sunshine State...go figure...
Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #547
Polyshrink Goddess

They say the sun is shining here, but I work where there are no windows We call it the “dungeon”.

Cheryl - have a safe trip and hope your grandfather is doing alright.

Kelly - enjoy your crafting! I wish I had more time to make things ...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #548
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Monday everyone. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Mine was not too hectic. I attended a parent mingle for potential new families at my older daughter's middle school and she had a soccer scrimage on Sunday. Will soccer ever end!!!

My presentation went well. Luckily it was more of a technical review so it was a round table presentation. I didn't have to stand up. Makes it much less stressful.

Kelly,
I'm glad you and your husband received good news.

Cheryl,
have a safe trip.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #550
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
HAPPY NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!!!!
Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot!

Going to the midnight showing of Avengers tonight! Hope I can get up in time for work tomorrow LOL!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #551
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Ladies,

Happy National Day of Prayer Kelly. I'm just a little late on this one. So here we are at another Friday. They are predicting nice weather for the weekend so I hope to be doing some gardening. I also have a plant swap I am attending on Sunday.

Quick question - This lady in Malaysia use to leave comments on my blog and she emailed me a few weeks ago saying the comments box is "missing" from my blog and she can't leave a comment. Well, I don't understand that since everyone else is able to see it and leave a comment. I haven't made any changes and was wondering if anyone has had this issue with people out of the country?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #552
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Hello Ladies,

Happy National Day of Prayer Kelly. I'm just a little late on this one. So here we are at another Friday. They are predicting nice weather for the weekend so I hope to be doing some gardening. I also have a plant swap I am attending on Sunday.

Quick question - This lady in Malaysia use to leave comments on my blog and she emailed me a few weeks ago saying the comments box is "missing" from my blog and she can't leave a comment. Well, I don't understand that since everyone else is able to see it and leave a comment. I haven't made any changes and was wondering if anyone has had this issue with people out of the country?
She may need to update. I can not leave comments when there is word verification, I use to, now I have to use google chrome.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #553
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIRed2 View Post
She may need to update. I can not leave comments when there is word verification, I use to, now I have to use google chrome.
i have used google chrome since it came out...so if there was a problem i wouldn't have noticed...though i now realize the out of country friends do email me more than comment...hmmmm
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #554
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Hello Ladies,

You might try changing your settings so that comments pops up in a separate window rather than being embedded in the post. Once I had problems leaving comments on blogs with the comments embedded rather than in a separate window.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #555
Matboard Maniac

Hey all you "Vintage Roses" out there... Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!
Believe in yourself....
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #556
Die Cut Diva

so excited...going to the airport to pick up my step-son...dh has no idea that he is flying in to surprise his dad for his birthday...i can keep a secret...hahaha...

and i posted abysmal pics of the most recent swap i completed
Old 05-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy SONday all! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #558
Matboard Maniac

Kari-Bet it was an exciting weekend at your house!

Kelly - Happy Sunday to you too (what's left of it). Hope you and your and your family are doing ok...
Believe in yourself....
Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #559
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Sunday..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #560
Matboard Maniac

Have a fantastic week everyone! Make every day count...

Happy Monday... Becky!
Believe in yourself....