Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #481
Insane Embellisher

Hi to all! Having a pretty good week. Hope to do some visiting tonight! Thanks for everyone's comments!

I was hoping for a Patriot win only because my DS is a huge fan. My team, (Washington Redskins) is so sorry they didn't even make playoffs.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #482
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #483
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Valentines Day
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #484
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning, beautiful blogging friends!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #485
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

After reading Becky's post, I have decided to change the controls on my music player. I have been hesitant to do so as I feel my blog should be a reflection of myself. I don’t think one person stopping their music is going to solve the problem. Whether you have 29 other people or 3 there will still be an issue. I suggest you turn your sound off while surfing. So I am doing this as a courtesy at least for now.

Does anyone else in the group have any “pet peeves” they would like to share with us? I realize my blog has evolved into more than just a card site. When I do not have time to write up card instructions I will post about other topics. I am also involved in numerous non-card related groups. If you feel you no longer want to be in this group, please let me know on this forum or via private email. I know one person has not been by to visit me in months.

I wish you all a wonderful and blessed week.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #486
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Hi Ladies,

After reading Becky's post, I have decided to change the controls on my music player. I have been hesitant to do so as I feel my blog should be a reflection of myself. I don’t think one person stopping their music is going to solve the problem. Whether you have 29 other people or 3 there will still be an issue. I suggest you turn your sound off while surfing. So I am doing this as a courtesy at least for now.
Does anyone else in the group have any “pet peeves” they would like to share with us? I realize my blog has evolved into more than just a card site. When I do not have time to write up card instructions I will post about other topics. I am also involved in numerous non-card related groups. If you feel you no longer want to be in this group, please let me know on this forum or via private email. I know one person has not been by to visit me in months.

I wish you all a wonderful and blessed week.
Good morning ladies;
by no means did I mean to offend any one .

DONNA,, I have to say your blog is the most soothing blog of any I have come upon. Love your music, but unable to hear it from all the other blogs playing theirs.

But I comment for over an hour a day and do not want my sound off, I like my own music which is on my hard drive, I would like to hear tutorials when I come upon them, I can not click off the 20 plus tabs I already have up. This has been an on going conversation at Splitcoast stampers for years. My blog represents me, but out of courtesy I do not want to invade other peoples space with my music.

Also there seems to be problems with commenting, for some reason on Firefox if you have your comments on verification, I can not verify the words, so I am unable to leave a comment. I have been hearing from other bloggers the same problem. That if you blog with blogger you can not see the verification word and if you can it is almost impossible to read.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #487
Forum Fanatic

I love everyone's blog but I have to admit-I hate word verification. It was not so bad before but now it's a different type and there are two words, one of which is nearly impossible to decipher, to enter. I'll still comment but I just wanted to throw that out there. I think I'd rather have the music than the word verification.

I've been using Chrome to do my blog hopping lately. I only have the older version of Firefox and it doesn't seem to work well with the blogs. Chrome is a little bit better.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #488
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIRed2 View Post
I can not click off the 20 plus tabs I already have up.
Don't you love it when you have several blogs up, music suddenly starts, and you're frantically trying to figure out which tab has the music? LOL.

No offense to anyone with music, but I use adblock to block the players. I also don't want to turn my volume down but sometimes I'm listening to Pandora while I surf.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #489
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I love everyone's blog but I have to admit-I hate word verification. It was not so bad before but now it's a different type and there are two words, one of which is nearly impossible to decipher, to enter. I'll still comment but I just wanted to throw that out there. I think I'd rather have the music than the word verification.

I've been using Chrome to do my blog hopping lately. I only have the older version of Firefox and it doesn't seem to work well with the blogs. Chrome is a little bit better.
i love chrome...and i always have my laptop's volume muted...even for game play...i also turn the volume on my desktop down...for some reason sounds/music distract me quite a bit when i'm on the computer

Last edited by pigtail1; 02-20-2012 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #490
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, I loved seeing a little post come up in my inbox today from this group! It made me smile!

I am on a blogging break for while...ever since my step-mom died I cannot get motivated. I don't really know if it has anything do with my motivation...or maybe dealing with my Dad, my own family, work, etc is just getting overwhelming for me. It is SO HARD to help my Dad from 3000 miles away. I just put a post up for the first time in a month only because I had to for the blog hop.

My step-mom was 48. She died of cancer which is what killed my bio-mom 33 years ago. Life can be cruel.

I am sure I will be back at some point, but for now, I am not really doing anything.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #491
Forum Fanatic

So sorry, Siobhan. I think it's reasonable for you to want to take some time off. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #492
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Gale...You know it is bad when I bought my kids' birthday invites off etsy!

We are also waiting on news of a pending move. I keep telling myself you are only given what you can handle...just a lot of stress right now! It seems all I want to do when the kids go down in veg on the couch.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #493
Polyshrink Goddess

I have posted a new Stampscapes scene if anyone wants to take a look.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #494
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Don't you love it when you have several blogs up, music suddenly starts, and you're frantically trying to figure out which tab has the music? LOL.

No offense to anyone with music, but I use adblock to block the players. I also don't want to turn my volume down but sometimes I'm listening to Pandora while I surf.
I didn't know you could use adblock to stop music?? does it stop anything else?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #495
Watercolor Wizard

So sorry, Siobhan, it is difficult to take care of some one so far away, my mother who is 84 moved back home to Va. 8 years ago, 600 miles, though she is in good shape she is slowing down, she still paints and wall papers, walks in the rain, snow, cold and heat to catch buses to Walmart and Dr. appointments. But it is a long distance to travel to see her.

I will be keeping you in prayer..
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #496
Pearl-ExPert

Stopping by to say hi. Happy Mardi Gras. I don't live in New Orleans Happy Mardi Gras anyway.

Siobahn,
sorry to hear about your step-mom and mom. My mom died of Pancreatic Cancer last February and it is a cruel way to go.

I don't like the work verification either because it always takes me two or three tries to get it right. I feel like I am blind and can't read.

Music is okay unless I am listening to my own or I watching something online while I surf.

I plan to visit everyone's blogs today.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #497
Die Cut Diva

Siobhan...so sorry...it can be hard to get motivated after such a life event...sending you prayers and good vibes

i've been down with a tummy bug so not to active...but thought i could manage visiting blogs

hope everyone is safe and well
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #498
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIRed2 View Post
I didn't know you could use adblock to stop music?? does it stop anything else?
I use adblock as well and no, it only blocks what you want it to. Gale, correct me if I am wrong because it has been a long time...but if I remember correctly, when you first set it up, you have manually block the music players on each blog. It only takes one session of surfing to block them though...easy enough.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #499
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for your sweet wishes everyone. I think it just kind of sucked the life out of me. I am not depressed, it is just kind of hard to explain...probably the winter did not help things either. We are getting 7 min of daylight back a day, so life should pick up again soon. I just don't have any desire to make cards or do anything that requires much thought process! And I am dreading this next few months at work...I have to go Full Time in March, which I have not done in 12 years. Plus we have a HUGE surprise inspection on the horizon. I think I am just stressed due to all of the issues in my life now...
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone - just squeezing in between getting up from the couch and juggling homemade soup and homework(s). My dh is out of town til the end of the week and I've caught the kids' bug from last week. No fun!

No pet peeves here! As for music, I agree that it's a personal reflection of each person and if someone wants it, they should have it. For me, I usually have it up seasonally - like holiday music at Christmas, love music in February I do have to just say in reference to the OP that the YouTube option isn't always applicable ~ they, too, have blocks for certain music players based on the artist's allowance. For example, I love Hillsong - but my 3 top fave songs are not available for sharing via youtube, so I use a regular mixpod player

BUT!! I do have to say that I'm new here, and have been visiting your blogs, and not sure all of you know that I'm part of the group, ROFL!! I don't want you to think that I'm some random stalker hanging out posting to your blog *smile!*

Back to bed for me with my jumbo box of tissues and warm tea. x0x0
Old 02-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #501
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
I use adblock as well and no, it only blocks what you want it to. Gale, correct me if I am wrong because it has been a long time...but if I remember correctly, when you first set it up, you have manually block the music players on each blog. It only takes one session of surfing to block them though...easy enough.
That is correct. Manually block it once and it stays blocked. I have done it in both firefox and chrome through adblock plus.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #502
Die Cut Diva

re: music on blogs...my daughter loves music...on blogs..homepages...etc...she surfs to find the blogs with the best songs sometimes...weird to me but there you have it
Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #503
Hardware Hotshot

OK girls, I decided am going to drop out of the group. I am sorry. I just don't see me getting anywhere soon and I don't want to take a spot someone else can have.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #504
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
OK girls, I decided am going to drop out of the group. I am sorry. I just don't see me getting anywhere soon and I don't want to take a spot someone else can have.
So sorry to see you go..
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone! Happy middle of the week inspiration and Happy Leap Year Day!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #506
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry to see you go, Siobhan.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #507
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Leap Day everyone.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #508
Die Cut Diva

i'll miss you Siobhan...come back and rejoin if you can...i'll ck your blog still
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #509
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Siobhan - I'm sorry to see you leave the group, but understand what you are going through. Yesterday (2/29) would have been my mother's birthday. Yup - she was born on leap year. If she was still with us she would have had 18 real birthdays.

As this group dwindles I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'm happy I have been able to keep it going since the fall of 2010.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #510
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies,

I have decided to no longer continue with this commitment and feel bad now that I opened up the group to new members. Since I created this blog group, I would like to keep the name and sidebar image for future use.

To those of you who took the time to visit me and leave comments I really do appreciate it. Please know I leave with mixed emotions.

Most of you are already in other blog groups so perhaps you can create a new thread on the forum. I will see if I can close this thread.

Thank you.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #511
Stazon Splitcoast

{{{{ Donna }}}} I just got home after a long day out with my little son and his friends and was sad to see this message! But I will follow your lead and just keep an eye out - I think you are one sweet, classy gal! I'll keep everyone in my sidebar as well and keep on visiting, if that's okay

Hugs all around!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #512
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Kelly,

You're so sweet! Thank you for your wonderful comments. I'll still be around if you want to come visit me
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #513
Die Cut Diva

oh my Donna...i love your art so i'll still ck out your blog...be safe/be well
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #514
Forum Fanatic

So we are over now? Does anyone in the group want to start a new group so we can stay with mostly the same bloggers?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #515
Watercolor Wizard

Donna, so sorry to hear this, but I do understand..I will continue to leave the name up and comment I am so in the habit of it I might go crazy if I do not hahaha.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #516
Die Cut Diva

i say we continue with the name and group...just post as we can/have been
Old 04-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #517
Forum Fanatic

Donna said she wanted to retain the name for future use so if we want to keep going, we should probably pick a new name.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #518
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Donna said she wanted to retain the name for future use so if we want to keep going, we should probably pick a new name.
oh yeah...well if everyone agrees...then we could start a new thread and you all vote on a name...
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #519
Insane Embellisher

Hi all! For some reason I don't always get an email for replies to this thread even though i subscribe to it. Guess I should check the thread duh?

Count me in if you move to a new group.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #520
Polyshrink Goddess

Gee, thanks for stabbing me in the back! Gale where was everyone 6-8 months ago when I was trying to keep this group together? I would post on this forum and get no reply or feedback from half of this group. Now, all of a sudden you want to start a new blog group? Kinda funny don't you think???

Do you even realize the rules for being in a blog group is to visit everyone once a week? A month would go by before I would see a comment from some people in this group.