Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #3881
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning my Sweet Addicted Friends!!

I am back in town (got home last night) - was so rushed for time before leaving that I don't know whether I even had a chance to mention that I was going away! Had a business conference, I'm the Treasurer of the organization, so had their board meeting also. It was a good conference, a nice change out of the office, but I was tired when I finally got home last night.

Wow, lots going on here...will try to comment, but hope that I don't overlook anyone!

Maggie: ho boy - did your post about Reggie coming home touch my heart! I think the way that the vet's office and the crematory handled it was so kind and considerate. Not at all like my experience when our darling Lily's time was at hand. It was awful. Is the ground soft enough to put her in your special garden in your yard or do you have to wait until Spring. Here, we had to wait because Lily went in December. Everything is like a rock until late April.

Paola: So happy that you popped back here to update everyone! Wishing you a restful weekend to gain your strength back for going to work next week. Fingers crossed for computer repairs! Jeanette is right, let us know and we can help you do what you want to update your blog! Hugs!

Maxine: Kudos to you x2! Winning the fuel is awesome! And having standing orders for cards is a real testament to how wonderful your creations are! How cool to earn some $$ back to spend for your crafting!

Shelly: I am so bad, I just uncovered (in my clutter) the card that was intended for your DD! I am so sorry! Maybe I will send her a Spring card instead? That way she will have an extended period of happy mail??

Weight Loss/Management: all of you are doing better than me. You guys should threaten me with something. Seriously, I need to find some motivation to move the scale's needle to the LEFT! Ugh. BTW: I eat very sensibly due to intestinal issues. It's strictly a lack of exercise on my part. How lame is that???

Spam: I have to go and look at my settings to see what I set up in the beginning. But from the Blogger dashboard, if I go in to look at comments, there is a place for "Published" "Awaiting Moderation" and "Spam". All followers of my blog go to Published automatically. Anyone with an actual profile but not a follower goes into "Awaiting Moderation". All Anonymous posts go into "Spam". I delete them from these folders.

Although I do think there is something to consider about how popular your blog is and the increased amount of spam. My bitty blog has less than 30 followers, and not nearly the number of posts that yours all do. I think that I only receive 6-7 spams per month.

I did see on someone's blog (not one of ours) that she had closed older postings so that they could not receive any more comments. I haven't found where that setting is but it may be something to consider. The oldest posts on mine tend to be where the spam gets posted.

Nicknames and names: I prefer Maggie to Marge, it sounds much more cheerful and modern! Somehow I have gone through most of my life without a nickname. When I was young my dad used to make up goofy nicknames for me, but somehow, as I got into my teens he quit doing that. I've never had a nickname since. I kinda miss it!

Well my friends...off to get some cards done! Today is my only chance as tomorrow may be very busy. (and I am late to mail my music in the forest swap cards for a certain sweet hostess....I know she'll forgive me but really, I shouldn't abuse the privilege so!)

Wishing all of you a great weekend!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #3882
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's GREAT about your weight loss!! You and Paige are doing wonderful on this! Keep us updated!

I also prefer Maggie to Marge - like Darlene said, more modern and cheerful sounding! I'd love to see you do a journal! I think those things are so creative - you'd be great at it!

Glad you're back home safe and sound Darlene!

I'll let y'all in on a little secret - my real name is Charlynn!!!!! When I was born everyone called me Charlie - until my mom put her foot down and said I was NOT a boy and would not be called Charlie.......hence the name, Lynn! LOL!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday - and weekend.

Lynn
Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #3883
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, what fun to hear what your real name is! I kinda like Charlie (tee hee) and definitely like Maggie!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #3884
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #3885
Pearl-ExPert

Good afternoon girls - I have discovered in the last 24 hours I have to make 2 sympathy cards (no one close, but I want to acknowledge the losses) and an encouragement one - plus sort my class project for the 12th, as we are away next weekend.... busy, busy, busy!

Great to catch up with everyone

Talking of nicknames, I was Biddy or Biddykins to my Dad, and occasionally Max to others, which I hate now, and what my oldest brother used to call me I can't even spell, let alone want to repeat!! We are very close now, but boy did he know how to get under my skin when we were young!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #3886
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I love Biddykins!!!!!!!!! That's so cute!

I don't remember what (or if anything) my brother called me.......probably best I don't remember!!! My daughter called my son (younger) either Butt Head or Piglet!!!

Oh, I hate making sympathy cards!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Lynn
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #3887
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, almost forgot!!! Today is the Super Bowl - but more important - it's also the 2013 Puppy Bowl!!!!!! It's on Animal Planet - really cute but gets a little boring after a while.
Just thought I'd throw that bit of info out there!

Lynn
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #3888
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, that's GREAT about your weight loss!! You and Paige are doing wonderful on this! Keep us updated!

I also prefer Maggie to Marge - like Darlene said, more modern and cheerful sounding! I'd love to see you do a journal! I think those things are so creative - you'd be great at it!

Glad you're back home safe and sound Darlene!

I'll let y'all in on a little secret - my real name is Charlynn!!!!! When I was born everyone called me Charlie - until my mom put her foot down and said I was NOT a boy and would not be called Charlie.......hence the name, Lynn! LOL!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday - and weekend.

Lynn
Lynn, I love the nickname Charlie, esp for a girl . Is your name like Char-Lynn or Char-Leen?

My neighbor has two daughters, both with "boy" names ... One is Stevie (her actual name is Stevie-Rae) and her sister is Cooper, and we call her Coopie

Her mom lost their older brother at 12 in an ATV accident when it tipped over hence, the little sisters came along after years of trying and both reflect boy names in his memory.

Sorry, no Superbowl here! I'm in the middle of Operation Craft Cabana remodel!! Though the Puppy Bowl is way adorable!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #3889
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, what are you doing in your craft room!!! Major remodeling or what? Can't wait to see the end results.

It's Charlynn.... I was always told I was named after an uncle Charles and a great aunt, Charlene. Well, we found the great aunt - no problem, but there's so record of any Charles ever being in our family. Um.......maybe it was the postman! LOL!

Lynn
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #3890
Stazon Splitcoast

Cleaning mostly, but the intended is to downsize by nearly all,of it. I think just the desk and one small shelf will remain. I hope to pack it up completely and turn it into a rec room for the kids Their own private romper room!

Quote:
Kelly, what are you doing in your craft room!!! Major remodeling or what? Can't wait to see the end results.

It's Charlynn.... I was always told I was named after an uncle Charles and a great aunt, Charlene. Well, we found the great aunt - no problem, but there's so record of any Charles ever being in our family. Um.......maybe it was the postman! LOL!

Lynn
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #3891
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Whew! Yesterday was a really busy day for me. I had a meeting at 9 before church at 12:30. Got home about 4 and fixed some stuffing and had that with some leftover chicken. Then worked on my DT cards. I've got the Pins one done and the PSC one is just about finished.

As to weight loss, I think my idea is working. I've been really going down the last few days. Can't wait to see what it is on Thursday.

Gotta go for now. BBL to comment.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #3892

It's been so wild/crazy the last couple of days; I haven't hardly been on the computer. Today isn't going to be any better.

I miss all of you!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #3893
Pearl-ExPert

Way to go Maggie! You'll be my inspiration for weight loss.

There are a few of us cleaning/clearing out our stamping spaces and that leads me to a DOTW:

For how long do you save stamping/scrapping magazines - if you have any and also if you have catalogs from stamp companies, do you save them and for how long? I'm trying to decide whether to clear off two, almost three shelves of catalogs (SU) and magazines in a narrow bookcase. This is a big step for me, as I almost always find a need for what I toss/recycle/giveaway down the road! Such a quandary!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #3894
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much for posting the Discussion of the Week today, Paige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um....... I used to save all the magazines/catalogs, etc. - usually under the bed as that was the only place I could find to keep them. I had them in there for about 2 years (since I haven't been doing this as long as some of you ladies) and FINALLY decided a couple of months ago to let them go. There were so many ideas/cute card inspiration/techniques/etc. in them that I really wanted to keep though. What I did was tear out those pages with the ideas, etc. that I wanted to keep and punched holes in them and saved them in a three ring binder. Ever so often I'll glance through there now. I think this is working so much better for me since they were all just gathering dust under the bed and I was never looking at them. It's fun to see how things have changed over the last couple of years as far as layered cards to CAS and all that.

I'm also not subscribing to any card magazines right now..........which I think is a plus for me since I used to subscribe to all of them that I could find. There's just so much inspiration from SCS, Pinterest, and other blogs that I don't think I need to subscribe any more. I actually miss Papercrafts at times though.

Lynn
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #3895
Pearl-ExPert

I've made the decision to get rid of (recycle) the old Stampin Up catalogs. I have them from 1996 on. I'm going to keep my issues of "cards" magazine from 2010 - to now. I don't subscribe to it anymore, but once in a while will buy an issue on one of the daily deal sites. I get so many layout, color combo, and embellishment ideas from these magazines. I do visit blogs and of course Pinterest, but there is no room on my stamping table for my laptop, so it's nice to have magazines to flip through for ideas when i'm downstairs doing some creating.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #3896
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Stamp Addicts. Whew! Yesterday was a really busy day for me. I had a meeting at 9 before church at 12:30. Got home about 4 and fixed some stuffing and had that with some leftover chicken. Then worked on my DT cards. I've got the Pins one done and the PSC one is just about finished.

As to weight loss, I think my idea is working. I've been really going down the last few days. Can't wait to see what it is on Thursday.

Gotta go for now. BBL to comment.
Way to go on your loss!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #3897
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Way to go on your loss!
Thanks Kelly. I'm sure hoping to see a good drop on Thursday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #3898
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Way to go Maggie! You'll be my inspiration for weight loss.

There are a few of us cleaning/clearing out our stamping spaces and that leads me to a DOTW:

For how long do you save stamping/scrapping magazines - if you have any and also if you have catalogs from stamp companies, do you save them and for how long? I'm trying to decide whether to clear off two, almost three shelves of catalogs (SU) and magazines in a narrow bookcase. This is a big step for me, as I almost always find a need for what I toss/recycle/giveaway down the road! Such a quandary!
I really need to purge mine. I have SU cattys from about 1999 and I have a few from The Angel Company and CTMH. I used to have friends that sold those and I'd buy from them every so often. I have pretty much cleaned out all except the SU ones.

As to magazines, I have a bunch of those that I keep in a file cabinet drawer so I can pull them out at any time and look through them for layouts. Like Paige, I don't have room for my laptop in my stamp room, so I use those magazines. I also have printed off all the Sketch Challenges and the Mojo Monday sketches and they are all in paper protectors in a 3-ring binder. I think I will chuck all the scrapbook magazines that I have. Even if I was scrapbooking, I don't think I'd look in there for layouts. Those I just figure out on my own.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #3899
Pearl-ExPert

I have never subscribed to a stamping mag, but have bought a stack that sits in the bookshelf in the studio and never get read........ I generally use SCS and online sources now for techniques and sketches. Have never accumulated catalogues as I felt the SCS ones were too expensive and made me want their stamps.... Which is what it really is all about for them!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #3900
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I have all my sketches I liked in a three ring binder too. I go through that ever so often and weed out a few though. I'm also saving the ones I like on a Pinterest board and like that so much easier since I don't have to thumb through all the sketches - just scroll down and see which ones I like now! Never in my life did I think I'd use a computer to keep stuff like that.

I think you can just collect too many magazines and catalogs - but then we all pretty well do it.......Maxine has a good idea to just not get them!! LOL!

Maggie - on a different note - good luck on Thursday with WW. I think you and Paige are doing wonderful on this. It's so hard to ever lose weight. I have a friend on Facebook that just posted she went on something called Medifast on January 14 and has already lost 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! This is NOT good! I'm sure as soon as she gets off that - whatever it is - she'll gain all that weight right back again! That's just not sounding healthy though at all!

Lynn
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #3901
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all ~ Lynn, I'm not going to be posting for awhile ...... I just didn't want to not post for a long time and wanted to give you the head's up If you need me to step down from the group, I can do that ... not sure when I'll be posting. I have to keep up my blog DT requirements so I'll still be around there once in awhile.

Blessings to all!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #3902
Pearl-ExPert

Aww Kelly we will miss you But you need to do what is best for you and yours. Family comes first!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #3903
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Maggie, I have all my sketches I liked in a three ring binder too. I go through that ever so often and weed out a few though. I'm also saving the ones I like on a Pinterest board and like that so much easier since I don't have to thumb through all the sketches - just scroll down and see which ones I like now! Never in my life did I think I'd use a computer to keep stuff like that.

Lynn
When you gals save the sketches in a binder, do you print them out at full card size? I sometimes get frustrated when I can't figure out how big a layer/element should be on the sketch. I know it doesn't really matter, it's really just my literal interpretation trying to come through.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #3904
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Paige - I hear you - when I did print and save them I printed them as they came.... Don't know if that was full size or not, but as your card sizes are not the same as ours, I had to learn to be a little more 'flexible' you could say
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #3905
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, I just print mine out however big I can get them to come over the computer. If I can't get but a really small photo - then usually don't print it out but still add it to Pinterest or a folder in my photos on the computer so I can at least get a general idea for the sketch.

Kelly, don't know what's going on in your life right now but wish you well in whatever it is. We'll miss seeing you around for a while but understand and no, we won't boot you off the group. Think too much of you to do that!!! Pop in whenever you can though and we'll be thinking of you.

Lynn
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #3906
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello- I am sucked in to watching he bachelor tonight- so much drama.... I do not think it would be fun to be a guy that has 10 girls to date and make out with all of them..... those shows do not have the best track record either.

How cool that WW is successful for you both- I did that a few years ago, and then the other ladies I was going with kinda quit going....so I fizzed out too. I guess I was impatient too.

Oh..I like my magazines- I do not subscribe to any. I buy them on the newsstands when I need inspiration- alot of Take 10 and Stampington. I do not really believe the cards go together in 10 minutes either.

I had a binder with sketches, but I never was using it. So, one day I decided to throw them all out-and I did. I look on the Feline Playful challenge list and SCS for sketches- or on blogs. I am really attracted to the CAS sketches, bu when I try to make cards like that I fail at it.

I had better go finish up my card that is due up tonight- eeks- its getting late.

Kelly- hope all is OK at your busy house- will keep you in prayers!

Shelly
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #3907
Pearl-ExPert

I've never heard of Stampinton magazine - and heard of Take 10 but never seen it. Out here in the boonies we really don't have any kind of a place to get magazines.
Glad all is good in your corner of the world, Shelly!

Almost forgot - in case you missed it on Jeanette's blog this morning.....................
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're having a beautiful day!!!

Lynn
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3908
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I think you can just collect too many magazines and catalogs - but then we all pretty well do it.......Maxine has a good idea to just not get them!! LOL!

Maggie - on a different note - good luck on Thursday with WW. I think you and Paige are doing wonderful on this. It's so hard to ever lose weight. I have a friend on Facebook that just posted she went on something called Medifast on January 14 and has already lost 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! This is NOT good! I'm sure as soon as she gets off that - whatever it is - she'll gain all that weight right back again! That's just not sounding healthy though at all!

Lynn
I just updated my Sketch binder last night. I've been thinking though that if I see a cute card somewhere, I just need to save it to a folder on my computer so I'll have those to scroll through when I'm looking for some ideas.

I'm a sucker for a good card making magazine and besides since I want to get published, it's good to see what people are doing and get an idea of what they are looking for.

Yikes! That is a lot in a very short time. I've heard of Medifast before, but I also think it is for the really obese and not like me who only needs to lose about 20-25 pounds. I'm happy with losing a little at a time as long as it keeps coming off.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #3909
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hi all ~ Lynn, I'm not going to be posting for awhile ...... I just didn't want to not post for a long time and wanted to give you the head's up If you need me to step down from the group, I can do that ... not sure when I'll be posting. I have to keep up my blog DT requirements so I'll still be around there once in awhile.

Blessings to all!
I'm sure we don't want you to step down Kelly. Maybe you'll stop by once in awhile to say Hi! Glad that you're still doing your DT's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #3910
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
When you gals save the sketches in a binder, do you print them out at full card size? I sometimes get frustrated when I can't figure out how big a layer/element should be on the sketch. I know it doesn't really matter, it's really just my literal interpretation trying to come through.
My sketch binder isn't. I print off the list from SCS and they usually have about 6-8 to a page. I think they are up to 380 +. And I print on both sides of the paper so I don't waste paper. Sometimes if I see a card I really like, I'll print out that card individually.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #3911
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello- I am sucked in to watching he bachelor tonight- so much drama.... I do not think it would be fun to be a guy that has 10 girls to date and make out with all of them..... those shows do not have the best track record either.

How cool that WW is successful for you both- I did that a few years ago, and then the other ladies I was going with kinda quit going....so I fizzed out too. I guess I was impatient too.

Oh..I like my magazines- I do not subscribe to any. I buy them on the newsstands when I need inspiration- alot of Take 10 and Stampington. I do not really believe the cards go together in 10 minutes either.

I had a binder with sketches, but I never was using it. So, one day I decided to throw them all out-and I did. I look on the Feline Playful challenge list and SCS for sketches- or on blogs. I am really attracted to the CAS sketches, bu when I try to make cards like that I fail at it.

I had better go finish up my card that is due up tonight- eeks- its getting late.

Kelly- hope all is OK at your busy house- will keep you in prayers!

Shelly
This is the first season in a really long time that I haven't been watching The Bachelor. Not sure why this time, but I'm just not into that whole scene. Yes, I think it would be hard (maybe for a girl) to be making out with all those girls. I've always liked watching it, but maybe some of the previews put me off. I hope he finds a nice one in the mix.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #3912

Thank you, Lynn... we had a good anniversary! And we didn't wake up to snow this morning, like we did 30 years ago.

Hope everyone is doing well. Life has been so busy/crazy lately that I'm barely keeping up........ so no time to chat, etc. But I do think of you all!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #3913
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Gray and yucky out today, but a little warmer - 64* instead of 42*

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #3914
Pearl-ExPert

We're suppose to hit 80 day after tomorrow but I'm really thinking it was about 85 here yesterday - almost had to turn on the AC! CRAZY!!!

Paige, thanks so much for telling me what to check on the Comments deal on Blogger. I haven't had a single spam now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Back to the DOTW!!! All the catalogs and magazines you're getting rid of - or have gotten rid of, where did you take them? I took mine to a local Thrift Store but felt bad about that since someone may have liked them. Some of the magazines I mailed to Laura (who used to be on SA long ago) as she was looking for something to read while going through chemo. Any suggestions on where to take them, etc....

Lynn
Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3915
Forum Fanatic

For now, I am keeping my old SU catalog's- as I unmounted some stamps and have others out of the clam shell in a storage case that is 8 1/2 x 11, and i need to label what I have......

Happy Anniversary Jeanette- late- sorry!

We have snow here finally! It is beautiful!

Charlynn and all- my real name is Michaella...... I had a nun in 1st grade that could not pronounce my name, and there was already a Michelle and a Mickey in the class, so she called my Shelly and that is my nick name ever since..... I only heard Michaella + middle name- when I was in trouble.....hehehe Nowadays when I hear it, it is usually a tele-marketer pronouncing it incorrectly I might add!

Working on a brick patio design today and working tomorrow- then my stretch off! Yeah. We have finally hear that my son has his passport, so have booked the airline flights to and through the cities we will go to in China. That is a relief. We still have to get a Visa and a place to stay on the first and last leg of the trip..... I cannot wait to finally see Katie!

Have a great day,
Shelly
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #3916

Thank you, Shelly!

That's interesting about your name and the nun so long ago. Tell me is your name pronounced with a "hard" ch - like a K? I've heard Michaella pronounced that way and think it is a beautiful name. In fact, we currently have twin girls in our church - 8 or 9 years old - named Michaella and McKenzie.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #3917
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, well.....I like Shelly - but also like Michaella! VERY regal sounding!!

When are you going to China? You'll get to practice some of their language there too! WooHoo! Know how excited you must be to see your daughter.

Lynn
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #3918
Forum Fanatic

Yes- it is a hard K sound- so Mik-kay-la is how it sounds. Not sure why, but on Southwest airlines, I can never get my boarding pass on-line...so I asked someone at the airport, and I was told it is a European name... Maybe.....

We are going mid-April- Beijing, Yangshuo, Shenzhen and Hong kong. Katie lives in Shenzhen- she will meet us in Beijing : ) We are going to fly to San Francisco and meet our son, then fly to Beijing together. He will fly home from HK directly to Denver and we are going straight to Chicago......

Check out this picture of Yangshuo:
It is linked to Facebook, so if you are not on FB, you may not be able to see it....
SO PRETTY !

Shelly
Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #3919

Shelly, thanks for the link and the info about your name!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #3920
Pearl-ExPert

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even I can't believe I'm here this early! LOL! I was really going to try to beat Jeanette or Maggie and be the first one this morning, but it just didn't happen!

Shelly, know you're getting so excited about the trip. Not too much longer now at all. I looked up the link to the pic - beautiful!!

Lynn