Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #3681
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I think killing the computer would give me loads more time.... but then I would not be here
HAHAHAHA!!! What she said! Too funny, Maxine! And I agree - if I were not on SCS or surfing, I'd surely be more productive! I'm not nearly as crafty as I used to be - I make maybe 2 cards a week and that's usually about 2 hours worth, maybe 3. I am the SLOWEST crafter on planet earth!!! I think I over-think it too much!

Jeanette, just read back up to your Brock - vs- goat story and just burst out loling - that is the funniest story! I hope the goat didn't return again
x0x0
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #3682
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Dropping in to say Hi. Loving the discussion of the week. Since I have been blogging, I have found myself on the computer alot.... I have ADD and I will go to a blog and it will lead me to a link, and the next thing I know I am on Pintrest, then an hour has gone by and I have not done what I signed in on the computer to do in the first place....... LOL

I am a really slow crafter too Kelley.... it takes me a couple of hours per card- and I rarely pick a card and copy it and make multiples..... I love to create using different techniques, as you all know well.

I love the circus, but feel bad for the animals too. I hope they are well treated : ) I have not gone for years- but I have to say a three ring circus is kind of hard to watch when you have a little ADD...... I think it is amazing to see the tightrope walkers and the bike riders on the high wire too.

I have had a fun weekend creating- I made an Art Journal page and I am happy with it. I did feel a little under the weather this weekend- stuffiness and my stomach is really sensitive. Mmmmm I have some Chicken Noodle Soup cooking now : )

It is really cold here- its in the 20's- it was in the 50's a couple oof days ago. We have had very little snow this year- I don't think we have had 2 inches of snow yet...... there may be some snow coming mid-week- YEAH!

I guess the Chinese i class was cx, so I am back in the tutor group again. Guess I have to study tomorrow..... Yikes- have not opened the book over break at all.

Oh- Katie did write she finally got a card- she has not received mine yet... I am not sure why it is taking so long for the cards to arrive- but thanks to all who sent her cards!

Shelly
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #3683
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning ladies!!!!

I thought I'd throw out a discussion of the week today (No, not about the circus either! LOL! Which, by the way, I must be a kid at heart because I still love it! LOL!)

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK:

I think ALL of us wish we had more TIME! Since I'm retired I feel that I should have all the time in the world when I hear y'all talk about children, jobs, etc....but somehow I feel like I, too, never have enough of that good stuff called TIME - or maybe I just don't use it wisely.

So, how much time do you think you spend on crafting in a day/week/month..........? Do you ever think you spend too much time on this hobby and need to find other interests, or do you think you'd like to do it maybe just "full time"? How do you manage your time between your crafts/job/children/husband/day to day activities?

Lynn
Glad to see there are a couple that love the circus.

My sis and her DH retired a few years ago from driving a school bus and I would have thought that they'd have so much free time, but they volunteer for different things and they also have their GGD over one day a week. It is so hard to find time for us to get together for lunch.

I work 8 hours a day and usually spend about 2-3 hours at night with my paper crafting. I do have other obligations during the month so that doesn't always happen. Since I don't have a DH or children at home, it's all my own time.

I actually would like to get back to doing some needlework, but haven't been able to fit that into my schedule yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #3684
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I think killing the computer would give me loads more time.... but then I would not be here
LOL! Sometimes I think the same thing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #3685
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Eeek, I'm sorry! Nope, I'm not a fan - LOL! I have a few sad moments thinking of the animals (caged, etc) but did learn a lot about their research and awareness to the endangered animals. Not to mention I do not like clowns! Ohhhh they give me the creeps! No offense to any clowns on board - personal or family wise, lol - but they just give me the heebie jeebies! Every since I was little But it made my son's entire year, I'm sure I wrote up a whole blog post, rofl - just haven't made the card to go with *g*

Be back later, ladies ......... card to make and book to review - I got sidetracked waiting at an appt and read one in my bag (one of my own from Barnes and Nobles) and forgot the review is due (actually, overdue - my bad!)

Hugs!
Kelly, this is something I didn't know about you - book reviewer! Do you do reviews for a specific company? Interesting.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #3686
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, I tried to respond to your comment last night and when I hit the post button, SCS decided to shut down. EEK! My comment was lost. LOL! The goat was only on our fence that one night. It was actually something we used in VBS. Our kids were raising $$$ to buy goats for families in an impoverished country (they used them for milk, not meat!) so DH had told the kids if they had XX number of kids in VBS that year, he'd kiss a goat. They did, so he did. We marched the goat into the sanctuary and DH knealt down and kissed it. Eeeeeeeeeeewww!!! (I didn't kiss DH again until after he'd brushed his teeth. LOL!) So when the goat and DH were finished kissing, the goat went back and was tied to our fence until the evening's activities were over and the goat could be returned to its home on the farm.

Oh Shelly, you've brought up a real time-guzzler for me - Pinterest! Love that site!!! I also spend a lot of time here on SCS and on some blogs. EEK!!!

Maggie, I have heard a lot of people say after they retire that they don't know how they ever found the time to work, since they are so busy as retired folks.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #3687
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Kelly, this is something I didn't know about you - book reviewer! Do you do reviews for a specific company? Interesting.
Surprise! LOL! Yes, for 3 companies actually! Two are christian companies which offer christian based authors (either a fiction novel or otherwise) and the 3rd is anything goes as long as you read/review 2 a month I'm a VORACIOUS reader so the commitment isn't a hinderance for me. People ask me all the time " you have 4 kids (now 5) and still have time to read - how do you find the time?!" I just do I'm a speed reader, so that helps, lol. Books just make me smile all over

Good morning, all!
x0x0
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #3688
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I flaked out on everyone yesterday! This flu stuff is for the birds and don't know if I'll ever get over it! I thought I'd been doing good - and then probably did too much (as normal). Went to bed last night at 8:30 got up this morning about 9:00 - went back to bed and stayed until 11:00!!!! I feel like I wasted an entire day - but do feel better now. Think maybe I should have done this about a week ago!

Time.........I think I've gotten better instead of worse! I'm only spending maybe an hour a day (if that much) on my cards. This may reflect what my cards are looking like lately, but just felt I was spending way too much time on them - and they weren't getting any better. So now, I'm trying to THINK a little deeper and come up with something before I ever even sit down at the craft desk. I don't think I spend too much time in my little laundry room now and Jim is starting to feel like maybe he knows who I am again! LOL! I'm really wanting to come up with some other interests now I think. I have some stitchery that I want to do but just haven't gotten motivated on that yet. I love to do that though. I probably need to start thinking about a few small Christmas gifts for this year - I was BAD this year and just didn't make a single thing!! Spring will be here soon and know that more of my time will be in the yard/garden. That's good.

The computer...........yikes!!!! I really need to get away from this thing! I don't spend as much time on Pinterest anymore though - and I really like that! Usually I'll pin a couple of things at night from my phone - but as far as sitting at the computer looking at it, I just don't do that anymore. Pretty proud of myself on that one. I'm looking at more recipes and that type of thing on there now.

I'll check back in later......hope everyone is having a good day!

Lynn
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #3689
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Surprise! LOL! Yes, for 3 companies actually! Two are christian companies which offer christian based authors (either a fiction novel or otherwise) and the 3rd is anything goes as long as you read/review 2 a month I'm a VORACIOUS reader so the commitment isn't a hinderance for me. People ask me all the time " you have 4 kids (now 5) and still have time to read - how do you find the time?!" I just do I'm a speed reader, so that helps, lol. Books just make me smile all over

Good morning, all!
x0x0
Wow! I'm really impressed that you can fit reading all those books into your busy schedule. I find it hard to read one book a month. I only take time at lunch and before bed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #3690
Forum Fanatic

Jeanette- your goat story gets even better- I could see my husband kissing a goat too...LOL

Kelley- wow- impressive that you read so much! I do not read to many books lately......not sure why, just not really interested. I tried reading the Life of Pi....that is one strange book- I think I got all of the way to p. 100 before I could not take it anymore.....

Lynn- I am so slow in the craft room- and I have decided I need visual stimulation to get me going....eg the computer...... I have to say, I drop by Pintrest daily or every other day, but do not spend too much time there- go through the feed and get off.... I have tons of posts- from when I had the flu and when my back went out..... I sorted out lots of folders and I just pin stuff to them now.....My hubby loves the different recipes I pin...and we are looking at brick patio's and we found some great images to give us ideas........

Feeling not hungry and get cramps if I do eat- had 2 bowls of Chicken noodle soup and crackers today. I do not feel terrible, but not SLOW! I do not want the flu....I watched all of the video's for an Art Journaling in-line class I signed up for at the end of last August.....! Oh Boy! I just want to learn Art Techniques and try them out- I am taking a Pan Pastl class, and next will be the She Art class.

Maggie- I say take the time for family- in the end it will be more important than making that card! I do not get to see sisters too much (brothers rarely), because everyone lives a drive away...... It is hard to just do it, but in the end when you balance it, the sibling connection cannot be beat!

OK- Getting off to go visit Pintrest : )

Shelly
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #3691

My life is crazy/busy this week... haven't hardly been on the computer at all. Not like me. I don't like it. LOL!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #3692
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Cold again here this morning. Looking forward to a little warming up this weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #3693
Quacker Stamper

My contractor came by last night to check out the measurements of the storage room shelves. We decided that he needs to get some new brackets for them to make sure they are sturdy. He does have to bookshelves done for my bedroom, but has to wait on those because the rainy weather is making the paint take longer to dry. Maybe by the weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #3694

YAY for new bookshelves, Maggie!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #3695
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Jeanette- your goat story gets even better- I could see my husband kissing a goat too...LOL

Kelley- wow- impressive that you read so much! I do not read to many books lately......not sure why, just not really interested. I tried reading the Life of Pi....that is one strange book- I think I got all of the way to p. 100 before I could not take it anymore.....

I just got this on my Kindle. It was free. I wanted to see the movie, but didn't get out to do that.

Lynn- I am so slow in the craft room- and I have decided I need visual stimulation to get me going....eg the computer...... I have to say, I drop by Pintrest daily or every other day, but do not spend too much time there- go through the feed and get off.... I have tons of posts- from when I had the flu and when my back went out..... I sorted out lots of folders and I just pin stuff to them now.....My hubby loves the different recipes I pin...and we are looking at brick patio's and we found some great images to give us ideas........

Feeling not hungry and get cramps if I do eat- had 2 bowls of Chicken noodle soup and crackers today. I do not feel terrible, but not SLOW! I do not want the flu....I watched all of the video's for an Art Journaling in-line class I signed up for at the end of last August.....! Oh Boy! I just want to learn Art Techniques and try them out- I am taking a Pan Pastl class, and next will be the She Art class.

Hope you're feeling better. I signed up for a Techniques class which I haven't finished yet and another Art Journaling one which I've never started. Two more things to add to my To Do list.

Maggie- I say take the time for family- in the end it will be more important than making that card! I do not get to see sisters too much (brothers rarely), because everyone lives a drive away...... It is hard to just do it, but in the end when you balance it, the sibling connection cannot be beat!

OK- Getting off to go visit Pintrest : )

Shelly
I'd love to have more time with my family and my sister, but with working 8 hours a day for me and all her volunteering, it doesn't happen too often. Actually it's usually me trying to get her (the retired one) to meet me for lunch.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #3696
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!! Sunny day here in Miami! The doggies took ME out for a run today - lol! I was planning a stroll and Buster (our rescue doggie who thinks he's a huntin' dog that needs to RUN everywhere) was on a sprint - dragging me and Buddy behind like we were standing still! What a work out!

Shelly! I loved Life of Pi!! One of my fave books! LOL! It's definitely a different style of writing - it felt more autobiographical at times, like Cutting for Stone, but it just was unique in it's own way

Maggie, wow on the shelves! It's coming right along! Did you say in the bedroom too? I might have read that wrong ... I could use a bigger walk in closet I'm actually a very simple person with very few things but what is clogging it all up is that I keep all the baby stuff!! I have donated a ton but there are still bins upon bins of things I will not part with 2 are filled with all the dollies and bears that I had as a child. My parents moved so often, we barely got to take things with us and had to always leave things behind - that 1,500 pound limit thing So what I did manage to hang on to, I have squirreled away!

Hugs to all!
x0x0
Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #3697
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Just check in here - been MIA again it seems. Will try to do better now.

Yep, it's COLD here too - and will be so glad when it starts warming up some. I'm tired of looking at tress with no leaves, no grass, and too cold to do anything outside!

I read a lot too............never read the book Kelly and Shelly are talking about though. I usually just go to the library nearby - has a pretty good selection - but it's starting to feel like I've read everything in there! LOL!

Will check in tomorrow!

Lynn
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #3698

Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #3699
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning everyone! The last three days I was at DD's babysitting while she went in to work for a few hours. the nursing home where she worked before getting her hospital job still calls her in once in awhile to help with paperwork. So she got to practice going back to work and I got lots of snuggle time! There will be a couple days next week and the week after too where I'll need to return for grandma duty. She returns full time to her hospital job at the end of the month, but then grandbaby will go to regular daycare.

I hope to get some cardmaking done in the next few days so I can be ahead on DT assignments.

I was just going to wish everyone a great weekend and then realized it's only Thursday! So have a great day everyone!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #3700
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Very cold here this morning - below freezing!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #3701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning!! Sunny day here in Miami! The doggies took ME out for a run today - lol! I was planning a stroll and Buster (our rescue doggie who thinks he's a huntin' dog that needs to RUN everywhere) was on a sprint - dragging me and Buddy behind like we were standing still! What a work out!

Shelly! I loved Life of Pi!! One of my fave books! LOL! It's definitely a different style of writing - it felt more autobiographical at times, like Cutting for Stone, but it just was unique in it's own way

Maggie, wow on the shelves! It's coming right along! Did you say in the bedroom too? I might have read that wrong ... I could use a bigger walk in closet I'm actually a very simple person with very few things but what is clogging it all up is that I keep all the baby stuff!! I have donated a ton but there are still bins upon bins of things I will not part with 2 are filled with all the dollies and bears that I had as a child. My parents moved so often, we barely got to take things with us and had to always leave things behind - that 1,500 pound limit thing So what I did manage to hang on to, I have squirreled away!

Hugs to all!
x0x0
Out walking (or jogging) the dogs sounds great. I love walking outside, but there is so little time to do that - it's either too cold, too hot, or raining! Go figure.

I did hear from my guy last night. The shelves are ready. He thinks the ones for the bedroom (yes I've got book shelves for the bedroom) will be dry today. I need tonight and tomorrow night to move all the storage stuff off the shelves in the small room so he can put up the new shelves in there. They are just flat shelves held up with brackets.

It's nice that you have things from your childhood. I'm really sorry now that I didn't keep any of that stuff, but I wasn't living at home when my parents moved from our childhood home, so I didn't get the chance to really keep anything. I did keep some of my girls' things and gave it all to them when they married and moved away.

I'm planning on Spring housecleaning the garage I hope in February or March - before it gets hot again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #3702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi everyone! Just check in here - been MIA again it seems. Will try to do better now.

Yep, it's COLD here too - and will be so glad when it starts warming up some. I'm tired of looking at tress with no leaves, no grass, and too cold to do anything outside!

I read a lot too............never read the book Kelly and Shelly are talking about though. I usually just go to the library nearby - has a pretty good selection - but it's starting to feel like I've read everything in there! LOL!

Will check in tomorrow!

Lynn
That is what is so great about having a Nook or Kindle, you can just order books online. I get most of mine for free or for very little money - usually $.99.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #3703
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Good morning everyone! The last three days I was at DD's babysitting while she went in to work for a few hours. the nursing home where she worked before getting her hospital job still calls her in once in awhile to help with paperwork. So she got to practice going back to work and I got lots of snuggle time! There will be a couple days next week and the week after too where I'll need to return for grandma duty. She returns full time to her hospital job at the end of the month, but then grandbaby will go to regular daycare.

I hope to get some cardmaking done in the next few days so I can be ahead on DT assignments.

I was just going to wish everyone a great weekend and then realized it's only Thursday! So have a great day everyone!
Treasure each moment you have with the grandbaby. The time just flies by and then they are grown up.

Good luck with the card making.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #3704
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, I wanted to let you know that I recently made a recipe that I repinned from you; the Broccoli Grape Harvest salad. It was fabulous! I made it right before DD called and asked me to come, so I brought it with me and she loved it too.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #3705
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!!!!

Paige, glad you popped in and are getting some precious time with that little grandbaby! Can't beat that for sure.
Also good to know you did that recipe - I'm REALLY wanting to try it and now I will for sure. Looks so good!

Maggie, those shelves are going to be great! You'll have to post a picture of them when they're finished. I've GOT to get one of those Kindles!!! I read off my phone (usually the free ones too) and love it. I've determined that the iPad is too big for me to read in bed - so will get the Kindle or Nook. My SIX YEAR OLD granddaughter won a Nook right before Christmas - in a reading program! SO jealous - I told my daughter she was much too young to have that (and I needed it!) LOL!!

Another beautiful day here - but way too cold to get outside and do anything! I NEED SPRING!!!!! Hate cold weather!

Jim's doing a little caulking in the shower this morning...........he worked on it some several weeks ago - and Rambo (our doxie) got in there with him and laid down in something with caulking all over it!! His entire underside (you KNOW what I'm talking about here) is still caulked!!! Because of where it is, he won't let me get it off.......Geeze.........I've banned him from the bathroom today!

Lynn
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #3706
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning everyone!!!!

Paige, glad you popped in and are getting some precious time with that little grandbaby! Can't beat that for sure.
Also good to know you did that recipe - I'm REALLY wanting to try it and now I will for sure. Looks so good!

Maggie, those shelves are going to be great! You'll have to post a picture of them when they're finished. I've GOT to get one of those Kindles!!! I read off my phone (usually the free ones too) and love it. I've determined that the iPad is too big for me to read in bed - so will get the Kindle or Nook. My SIX YEAR OLD granddaughter won a Nook right before Christmas - in a reading program! SO jealous - I told my daughter she was much too young to have that (and I needed it!) LOL!!

Another beautiful day here - but way too cold to get outside and do anything! I NEED SPRING!!!!! Hate cold weather!

Jim's doing a little caulking in the shower this morning...........he worked on it some several weeks ago - and Rambo (our doxie) got in there with him and laid down in something with caulking all over it!! His entire underside (you KNOW what I'm talking about here) is still caulked!!! Because of where it is, he won't let me get it off.......Geeze.........I've banned him from the bathroom today!

Lynn
Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I heard from my contractor about when he wanted to come install the shelves - 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning!!!!!!!!! Yikes, NO. At least 8. He says they are going out of town about 11:30, so I told him we could wait until Monday after work if that would be better. Haven't heard back yet.

LOL! That's so funny about the caulking. I do understand what you mean though. Reggie had not been doing so well cleaning her bottom area and there was no way that I could do it. She would have torn me up. The last time I had her at the vet a number of months ago, I had them bathe her and shave her, but it cost me a ton of $$ and I hadn't taken her back again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #3707

giggling about the caulking!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #3708
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I can't even image trying to bathe a CAT!!!!! YIKES!!!!

Jeanette, yes, it's really funny - and everyone that looks at him wants to know why he's white underneath! LOL!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #3709
Pearl-ExPert

Just a really quick check-in. I may not be back around until tomorrow late or Sunday.
My son, daughter in law, and little 2 year old came in unexpected last night.....YUMMY!!! I get to hold that precious baby for a couple of days now! My daughter in law's grandmother passed away - she had been so bad for so long. So, they'll be staying until Sunday morning.
I haven't gone far!
Lynn
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #3710

Lynn, enjoy snuggling.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #3711
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I can't even image trying to bathe a CAT!!!!! YIKES!!!!

Jeanette, yes, it's really funny - and everyone that looks at him wants to know why he's white underneath! LOL!
I could never do it with the ones I have now, but years ago I used to bathe my kitties all the time. They were inside/outside and used to get fleas all the time. They were such a mess. After I had my floors redone with tile and had the wood floors done, the kitties stayed inside and no more fleas, so no more baths.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #3712
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Just a really quick check-in. I may not be back around until tomorrow late or Sunday.
My son, daughter in law, and little 2 year old came in unexpected last night.....YUMMY!!! I get to hold that precious baby for a couple of days now! My daughter in law's grandmother passed away - she had been so bad for so long. So, they'll be staying until Sunday morning.
I haven't gone far!
Lynn
So sorry for your DIL's family. Prayers being said for them.

Enjoy every single second with that little one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #3713
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Well, the shelf guy was supposed to be here at 8 a.m. I didn't hear anything different from him, but now it's almost 8:30 and he's a no show. If he decided not to do it today and wait until Monday evening, I wish he had told me that so I could have slept in a little longer. Oh well, I got those shelves cleaned off that I needed to and now I've got the laundry going. I need to tidy up the house since DD and family are coming tomorrow night for dinner for DGS's birthday. He wanted to come here to celebrate. Nice thing is that DD is making the cake and bring the ice cream which means though that I'll have to only have a small piece. I'm sure it's not on WW.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #3714
Gabfest Goddess

Morning friends!

Remember me? LOL

I am terribly behind here, finished a bit of a 2 week marathon at work...Remember how it felt when finals were over at college? That's sort of how I feel now, hahaha. Cant wait for my reward - time in my stamp area to play!!

Maggie, that would irritate me about the contractor not letting you know about this morning. But the whole project sounds wonderful!!

Pretty funny about the caulking issue!!!

RE: Killing the computer. Well, I spend 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week minimum on the computer for work. The result is that at the end of my day the last thing I want to do (or my eyes are up to) is more screen time.

But the unfortunate result is that I dont check in to the threads and with my online friends as often as I would like. I feel guilty about that and end up feeling like I'm letting you all down. Thanks for putting up with me and my schedule (or at least understanding - I hope!)

Snuggling grandbabies and enjoying older grandchildren = a smiling heart!! Hooray for those of you who get to do that!! Enjoy!

Lynn: sorry to hear that youu are still battling that awful flu. I've been waging a war on a sinus thing for 2 weeks now. Using some prescriptions that my Dr. gave me to keep it from getting too bad. But just when I think it's going away...it sneaks back on me. Like this AM. This sure is a tough Flu and cold season across the whole country!

Ok, signing off now so I can get some laundry going and some cards made! Waving to all and wishing you a great weekend!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #3715
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning friends!

Remember me? LOL

I am terribly behind here, finished a bit of a 2 week marathon at work...Remember how it felt when finals were over at college? That's sort of how I feel now, hahaha. Cant wait for my reward - time in my stamp area to play!!

Maggie, that would irritate me about the contractor not letting you know about this morning. But the whole project sounds wonderful!!

RE: Killing the computer. Well, I spend 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week minimum on the computer for work. The result is that at the end of my day the last thing I want to do (or my eyes are up to) is more screen time.

But the unfortunate result is that I dont check in to the threads and with my online friends as often as I would like. I feel guilty about that and end up feeling like I'm letting you all down. Thanks for putting up with me and my schedule (or at least understanding - I hope!)

Snuggling grandbabies and enjoying older grandchildren = a smiling heart!! Hooray for those of you who get to do that!! Enjoy!

Lynn: sorry to hear that youu are still battling that awful flu. I've been waging a war on a sinus thing for 2 weeks now. Using some prescriptions that my Dr. gave me to keep it from getting too bad. But just when I think it's going away...it sneaks back on me. Like this AM. This sure is a tough Flu and cold season across the whole country!

Ok, signing off now so I can get some laundry going and some cards made! Waving to all and wishing you a great weekend!
He did finally show up about 8:30 and worked on them until 10:45. They look fabulous! I'll post pictures when I get them uploaded. I already have my books on the bookshelves in my room and still have lots more room. I may need to move the shelves in the storage room. They are on brackets, so that shouldn't be too hard. I was able to add 2 more shelves besides the ones that he made. They are shorter on the same level.

I do understand about spending so much time in front of the computer. I've been really lax about doing commenting the last couple weeks. I really need to get back to doing that.

Sorry that you're still not feeling up to par. Hope you get well soon.

I did get cleaning and laundry done today. I do need to sweep the floors and Swiffer them, but I think I'll do that in the morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts

Last edited by mschoener; 01-19-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #3716
Pearl-ExPert

Hmm - back to a pet peeve - I recently won some digi images - went to the site to select, and saw that they advertise that images will be despatched in 12 hrs. Selected what I wanted, sent email to where directed and nothing............... over a week later.

Apart from that I made some cards today - and developed a sinus infection. Nearly finished the painting - I only have some touch ups to do and to remove the tape from all the fussy bits on the front door.

Sorry I have not chatted much recently - I will be good and comment more soon - promise.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #3717
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning Stamp Addicts!!! Happy Subnday!

Just popping in here quickly and then off to get ready for church.

Maxine: I sincerely hope that your sinus infection is quickly warded off with medicines and that it doesn't fully develop. Hugs!

I am hoping to get more productive in the card making dept. today. I tried yesterday but really just puttered around. Managed to re-purpose some panels that I made in 2010 for a project that I never finished. Those panels are now cards, so that is something. Then I colored 3 other panels from a stamp that never has seen ink before. Now I'm not sure that I like my coloring. ha ha! Does anyone else have those kind of days??

The above was all for my attempt at keeping up with the 100 cards in 100 days challenge, where we use only things that we already own from our stash. I'm managing to keep up, but am behind on taking pictures and posting. LOL Am I ever NOT behind? <wink>

Wishing everyone a great day today. Bundle up - it's COLD out there!! (Maxine, at least it is here!)

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #3718
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hmm - back to a pet peeve - I recently won some digi images - went to the site to select, and saw that they advertise that images will be despatched in 12 hrs. Selected what I wanted, sent email to where directed and nothing............... over a week later.

Apart from that I made some cards today - and developed a sinus infection. Nearly finished the painting - I only have some touch ups to do and to remove the tape from all the fussy bits on the front door.

Sorry I have not chatted much recently - I will be good and comment more soon - promise.
That would irritate me also Maxine, and it has happened to me before from a really reputable store, but it turned out that the girl had some family issues she was dealing with. I would get in touch with the blog owner who had the challenge and see if she can help or just send another e-mail asking what happened.

Good for you on the card making - sorry for the sinus infection. They are no fun. I used to get them all the time too. Maybe all that paint fumes is getting to you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #3719
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. For some reason I set my alarm last night and it went off at 6:30!!!!!!!! I didn't have to get up that early today, but I guess it's a good thing. I have a lot to do this morning before church.

Darlene, I see a few of my fellow bloggers doing that 100 cards challenge. No way could I do that while still working 8 hours a day. Good luck with keeping up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #3720
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That is what is so great about having a Nook or Kindle, you can just order books online. I get most of mine for free or for very little money - usually $.99.
Maggie - check with your local library, too - they can send you library books for free! Not only do they have books in the brick and mortar buildings, but also through your ereaders - I've been doing it for a couple of years now and it's so convenient when you want it and it's not available

Hi all - been a horrible couple of days here and I'm about run batty but onward we go! I'm just now getting into my crafting Cabana and trying to get caught up in DT cards (far behind there as with everything!)

Big hugs to all ~ missing a ton, including all of you!
x0x0