Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #3601
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning, again! Went to bed at 4:15 as I could not sleep and yikes, up at 5:45 to get the girls to school - now I'm taking the youngest daughter who needs to be at middle school by 9 am. I'm soooooooo tired! Wish a nap was in order for today -- but have little man (who goes back to school tomorrow!)

Maggie, that price does sound about right, my friend. We rebuilt our kitchen a few years ago - from the drywall on out to brand new everything, and the cabinets were astronomical! We shopped around, of course, and bought solid oak - a bit pricier - but even standard fiberboard was really expensive. I hope you get the ones you want!

Maxine - bless your heart! Your post gave me t he chills when I read it-- I do not like the dentist! I hope you can escape with little pain - to you or your pocket!

Thanks for the lovely blog comments, ladies - I appreciate you! I am still missing a few blogs but hit most of the roll last night - well, I mean this morning, lol! I finally got crafting again and part of my missing mojo was my messy craft room. I can't stand messes! It was SO BAD, I was moving things FROM there to the kitchen table! It's all clean and organized and back to Better Homes and Gardens - rofl - so I'm feeling really energized for crafting!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #3602
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh ouch!!! I hate the dentist and now my teeth/jaws hurt - and it's all Maxine's fault. LOL! Seriously, Maxine, I am sorry you are dealing with dental issues. Hugs!!!

Kelly, want to come to my house - it could sure use some Better Homes and Gardens help!

Yikes! That's a lot of $$ for shelves, Maggie, but I'm sure you will like/appreciate the shelves when you get them - whatever kind you go with.

Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #3603
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Oh ouch!!! I hate the dentist and now my teeth/jaws hurt - and it's all Maxine's fault. LOL! Seriously, Maxine, I am sorry you are dealing with dental issues. Hugs!!!

Kelly, want to come to my house - it could sure use some Better Homes and Gardens help!

Yikes! That's a lot of $$ for shelves, Maggie, but I'm sure you will like/appreciate the shelves when you get them - whatever kind you go with.

Hugs for all!!!
I've been doing some comparison shopping online and YIKES! Shelves are so expensive. What's up with that??????

Kelly, I had my whole kitchen redone also about 5 years ago with all new cabinets and a standing pantry (which I love). Don't remember offhand how much it all cost, but I'm sure it was a boatload of $$$$. I had Lowe's do it all, but had just the wooden doors. The cabinets themselves are composition something, very sturdy though. I love my kitchen and if I ever move, I have to take it with me. I could actually take the standing pantry since it's not built in.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #3604
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Shelly, so glad your husband had a good time at the game! Sounds like fun. You'll have to go with him next time - if and when his team plays again. Glad y'all are getting new blinds too. Always nice and know you'll love the look of them in the house.

Maggie, yes, shelves like I think you're talking about are so expensive! Anything out of real wood is though. And especially in like shelves - you really don't want the fiber board as it would warp so easy! My brother made that mistake and is now having to buy all new book shelves for his library/office.

Maxine, that's not fun about the dentist. Hang in there with all that. I hate going to the dentist more than anything in the world. Guess a dentist is not a very loved person! LOL!

I actually have a Discussion of the Week - somewhat..................

I was sitting back in my craft/laundry room yesterday afternoon - still don't feel like really making a card so was basically just staring at all the mess back there! Everyone always want to lose weight starting off the new year AND get organized!!!!! I know we've talked about organization before, but...........................

Probably like everyone else, I have a ton of alterable type stuff - journals, buckets, coasters, picture frames, little metal lunch box things, and just STUFF! What do you keep and what do you get rib of? Does it depend on how long you've had it or what? Where to store it? Do you make enough stuff out of items like this and if not, why do you still collect it all? I really need to get rid of some of it so I'll have more room and it's just hard making the decision as to whether I'll ever do anything with it or not. Of course I already know that if I get rid of it, then I'll "need" it. What was the last altered thing you did and was it done for a specific reason?

Lynn
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #3605
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning everyone!

Maggie, yes, shelves like I think you're talking about are so expensive! Anything out of real wood is though. And especially in like shelves - you really don't want the fiber board as it would warp so easy! My brother made that mistake and is now having to buy all new book shelves for his library/office.

I am really getting the idea that shelves cost a lot of $$$$$$$$. The shelves in my bedroom I told him I wanted out of wood. I think he's going to use Pine for them though and then just paint them white. The ones in my storage room he'll just cut from a piece of plywood. They don't need to be fancy.

I actually have a Discussion of the Week - somewhat..................

I was sitting back in my craft/laundry room yesterday afternoon - still don't feel like really making a card so was basically just staring at all the mess back there! Everyone always want to lose weight starting off the new year AND get organized!!!!! I know we've talked about organization before, but...........................

Probably like everyone else, I have a ton of alterable type stuff - journals, buckets, coasters, picture frames, little metal lunch box things, and just STUFF! What do you keep and what do you get rib of? Does it depend on how long you've had it or what? Where to store it? Do you make enough stuff out of items like this and if not, why do you still collect it all? I really need to get rid of some of it so I'll have more room and it's just hard making the decision as to whether I'll ever do anything with it or not. Of course I already know that if I get rid of it, then I'll "need" it. What was the last altered thing you did and was it done for a specific reason?

Lynn
I have a bunch of alterable things that I've purchased through the last few years. I have most of it boxed up and put in the utility room because I just don't have room for it all in my stamp room. I won't get rid of any of it because sure as heck, I'll want it. I can see where you won't want to keep a lot of stuff since you don't have the room. One day I'd actually like to reorganize my garage and storage area out there to get rid of some things that I don't need, but not my stamping stuff.

I actually did a lunch tin for a Christmas gift. I really like doing them and have made quite a few as gifts for Secret Sisters over the years.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #3606
Pearl-ExPert

I have a bunch of tins, notebooks, pails, etc too. Right now they are tucked away out of sight so I tend to forget about them. Last fall I joined a swap and altered 15 little notebooks. they were well-received. I only decorated the cover and the first two pages, so the recipients could use them how they wanted. I've also altered a couple of items for secret sister swaps, but I have plenty of stash left. I'm not at the point where I am ready to get rid of anything yet, but that day is coming if I don't start using some of these items.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #3607
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi

Wow Maggie- what kind of shelves are you putting up? I bet they will be nice and sturdy when you are done!

Lynn, glad you are up and thinking : ) You must be feeling a but better.

I have a pile of stuff to alter- but...I never seem to use anything that gets altered other than notebooks- do you? My problem with altering stuff........ where to put it and not to have a bunch of altered items put in the cabinet unused.... I did make the kids sewing tins when they went off to college...
I guess a photo frame or a candle might get used though..... I look forward to hearing what you all make and what you do with the altered items.

Ouch Maxine- sounds terrible! I have a really bad jaw, so if I need dental work in the back- big fillings, crowns, etc...I have to take Valium..... HATE it! I hope for you your work is done in the least painful way!

Kelley- hope you sleep well tonight- yikes- you have to be exhausted!

Shelly
Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #3608
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Well, I hope it is anyway.

I'm up early. I need to take my car in for service. I saw steam coming from under the hood on the way home from work last night and when I looked at it when I got home, I saw some moisture down inside, so I thought I better have it looked at. It wasn't overheating but I need to get it checked out.

Also need to call the vet for Reggie. She has been very lethargic the last few days. Just laying around and not being her old self. She's also been trying to throw up and nothing comes up. Sorry if TMI. That's happened twice when I've been home. I'll call today and see if I can get her in tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #3609
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Wow Maggie- what kind of shelves are you putting up? I bet they will be nice and sturdy when you are done!

Lynn, glad you are up and thinking : ) You must be feeling a but better.

I have a pile of stuff to alter- but...I never seem to use anything that gets altered other than notebooks- do you? My problem with altering stuff........ where to put it and not to have a bunch of altered items put in the cabinet unused.... I did make the kids sewing tins when they went off to college...
I guess a photo frame or a candle might get used though..... I look forward to hearing what you all make and what you do with the altered items.

Ouch Maxine- sounds terrible! I have a really bad jaw, so if I need dental work in the back- big fillings, crowns, etc...I have to take Valium..... HATE it! I hope for you your work is done in the least painful way!

Kelley- hope you sleep well tonight- yikes- you have to be exhausted!

Shelly
I give my altered items away to friends. I'm with you on not keeping all those things which is why I still have a bunch of things to alter.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #3610

I really am not into the altering of items - I like them, but don't want them myself (what would I do with them). And I don't really have anyone I would gift that sort of thing to.... so I mostly make cards. I do scrapbook occasionally.

Maggie, I'm sorry Reggie isn't doing/feeling/acting well. Hope everything checks out okay at the vet.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #3611
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! or almost afternoon

Maggie, I'm so sorry that Reggie isn't feeling so well ~ sick animals just tear at my heart strings, Hopefully it's just a bug and kitty will be well again soon x0x0

Love the DOTW! I haven't altered anything in awhile - I think the last two crafty things were my daughter's gift (one was a frame and the other a shadowbox! I still owe dd #3 hers - shameful! I just ran out of time during the holiday crisis!) I do like to decorate tins though - those small paint cans are so easy to decorate and fill with all kinds of goodies!

Hugs to all!
x0x0
Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #3612
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, Reggie and I are in the same shape I think! LOL! (Hope he's doing better).
I ended up back at the doctors this morning.........This flu/respiratory stuff is a killer! Thought I was doing a little better and then yesterday it felt like someone hit me over the head with a 2 by 4!! So, I'm back on a different steroid now and also an inhaler. Wish you ladies could see my dirty house! LOl! And what's so bad is that I don't even care right now. Think I'm going to need a cleaning lady when this is all said and done.

I haven't even gotten to answer anything about my discussion of the week! Yikes!
I have a ton of stuff that COULD be done - but as far as ever doing it......um....probably not. I've about decided to take the entire load to the thrift shop! My deal is also......what to do with it after I get it altered! I don't have enough confidence in myself to think that something I've done like that would be worth anything, so I've been known to alter it, and then bag it to go to the thrift shop! LOL! Yep, think it all needs to go right now to give me some more room!

Lynn
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #3613
Pearl-ExPert

Good news around here..........I think those meds the doc gave me today are helping a little!!!!!!! YEAH!!!

Hope to get a couple of cards made tomorrow now!

Lynn
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #3614
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn great to hear you are feeling a mite better - keep up the great progress.

Altering things - I've done a couple but I have a pile of containers that I have promised to tart up for the grandies to put pencils/crayons etc into... must get them done!! I did a few ages ago and they were a hit - very simple and quick, nothing flashy. I also have a pile of assorted tins etc under my desk for 'future projects' (cough cough)

Still painting, but I think I can see the end of my work.... I hope. Got into the garden this evening and planted another 9 lettuces and 6 brocolli plants, and prepared two areas ready for leeks and carrots to go in .
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #3615

Lynn, I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Maxine, it takes a lot of time/effort to paint. I hope you're liking the outcome!

Kelly, I think those little paint cans are cute... if I were to alter something, that would be my choice.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #3616
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I really am not into the altering of items - I like them, but don't want them myself (what would I do with them). And I don't really have anyone I would gift that sort of thing to.... so I mostly make cards. I do scrapbook occasionally.

Maggie, I'm sorry Reggie isn't doing/feeling/acting well. Hope everything checks out okay at the vet.
Thanks Jeanette. I won't know anything for sure until test results are back on Friday. The vet says she has a lot of fluid in her abdomen (not sure what from) and very low blood pressure. He drained a vial of fluid to send to the lab and managed to get some blood out of her. It was hard since her blood pressure was down so low. He did give her some meds for the nausea/vomiting that I'm supposed to give her once a day. Glad that they did it for today at the clinic. She is not a kitty that will stand for anyone messing with her. She was pretty good at the clinic today though, that's how I knew that she was really sick. She usually goes ballistic when I take her there. He should get the test results back by Friday and be able to tell me what is going on with her. I don't have a good feeling about this though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #3617
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning! or almost afternoon

Maggie, I'm so sorry that Reggie isn't feeling so well ~ sick animals just tear at my heart strings, Hopefully it's just a bug and kitty will be well again soon x0x0

Love the DOTW! I haven't altered anything in awhile - I think the last two crafty things were my daughter's gift (one was a frame and the other a shadowbox! I still owe dd #3 hers - shameful! I just ran out of time during the holiday crisis!) I do like to decorate tins though - those small paint cans are so easy to decorate and fill with all kinds of goodies!

Hugs to all!
x0x0
Thanks Kelly. I've had lots of kitties over the years and I'm never ready for them to leave. I hope too that it's something they can do something about.

I was working on some gifts for Christmas too that never got finished. I really need to sneak in some time to finish them up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #3618
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, Reggie and I are in the same shape I think! LOL! (Hope he's doing better).
I ended up back at the doctors this morning.........This flu/respiratory stuff is a killer! Thought I was doing a little better and then yesterday it felt like someone hit me over the head with a 2 by 4!! So, I'm back on a different steroid now and also an inhaler. Wish you ladies could see my dirty house! LOl! And what's so bad is that I don't even care right now. Think I'm going to need a cleaning lady when this is all said and done.

I haven't even gotten to answer anything about my discussion of the week! Yikes!
I have a ton of stuff that COULD be done - but as far as ever doing it......um....probably not. I've about decided to take the entire load to the thrift shop! My deal is also......what to do with it after I get it altered! I don't have enough confidence in myself to think that something I've done like that would be worth anything, so I've been known to alter it, and then bag it to go to the thrift shop! LOL! Yep, think it all needs to go right now to give me some more room!

Lynn
I sure hope you're in better shape than my kitty. Hope that the new meds do it for you and you'll be much better.

I agree that if you're not going to do something with the things you are making, then what's the point of making them. Clearing out your room will give you more space to work on the things that you want to work on too. Sounds like a plan.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #3619
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Lynn great to hear you are feeling a mite better - keep up the great progress.

Altering things - I've done a couple but I have a pile of containers that I have promised to tart up for the grandies to put pencils/crayons etc into... must get them done!! I did a few ages ago and they were a hit - very simple and quick, nothing flashy. I also have a pile of assorted tins etc under my desk for 'future projects' (cough cough)

Still painting, but I think I can see the end of my work.... I hope. Got into the garden this evening and planted another 9 lettuces and 6 brocolli plants, and prepared two areas ready for leeks and carrots to go in .
Glad to hear that you're almost done with the painting. WTG on the garden. I'd sure like to have one, but I don't really have the room and the soil is not that great, so there would have to be a lot of work done. Then there's the fact of the heat that we get in the summer and it just burns everything up. I tried a garden a couple of years ago and got nothing from it. It's a lot of work so I don't want to go to all the trouble of getting it planted and then not get any reward from it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #3620
Quacker Stamper

Well, car is still in the shop. Turns out that it needed a new radiator and there was an oil leak from a gasket. The service tech thought that it would be done today, but he just called and said they are still working on it, so it will be tomorrow. Glad I have the rental car. Since the work being done is under warranty, it is also paying for the rental car.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #3621

Maggie, I'm sorry Reggie is so sick and you must wait for answers. So sad to see the pain and not really be able to help much at this point.

Also sorry your car needed repairs - but thankfully still under warranty.

My car needs to go to the shop on Friday - my clicker quit working a month ago - and we replaced the battery but that didn't help. UGH! DH's clicker for my car is still working though. We'll take it to a dealer in the city (1 1/2 hours away) on Friday - they are hoping the local people here (not dealer) just put the wrong battery in the clicker. But if that's not the case, they will have to reprogram my system.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #3622
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thanks Kelly. I've had lots of kitties over the years and I'm never ready for them to leave. I hope too that it's something they can do something about.

I was working on some gifts for Christmas too that never got finished. I really need to sneak in some time to finish them up.
Oh sweet friend, any updates? I have been blessed to own 4 kitties in my lifetime (from my 15th birthday til my wedding at 24) and they just warm your heart. I've been on bended knee for your fur baby.

Well ladies, just sent dh off with my dd16 and dd14 - they are attending an All-State Florida vocal choir competetion in Tampa, about 5 hours away from us. They won't return til Sunday so I pray they are safe there and back (about 2 hours of that drive are on the infamous, horrendous Alligator Alley! A 2 lane backroads crazy highway!!) Like literally Alligators just cross the road whenever! They have to cross through the Everglades where there are NO lights, no cell phone towers, just 2 hours of a 2 lane nothing-ness! I will be on pins and needles til they safely arrive.

Operation Nekked Christmas tree take-down is finished here! Not a sign of Christmas anywhere, save the billions of new toys laying about, lol!

Lynn, I wanted to share with you that I *think* you have the same flu bug that I had during the Christmas break. When I tell you I have not been that sick in 20 years, it's true! It's a nasty new strain that got around the flu shots (don't know if you have gottten one, I had one 10 years ago and had such a severe reaction to it, I was told never to get another one! BUT ... after what just happened to me during Cmas? I'm STRONGLY reconsidering trying again! They said age COULD change the reaction ... hee hee. Me gettin' older isn't so bad, eh!) I was in a state of "foggy brain" for a full week+ after the Tami-flu and antibiotics. I couldn't drive. I couldn't read. It does wonders but takes awhile to get out of the system!! And I just saw on the news today that it was so severe, several newborns passed away over the holidays because their parents/family members passed this flu on to the babies somehow It just broke my heart. Ya'll , please be careful out there!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to a school meeting ~ x0x0
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #3623
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, be sure and keep us updated on Reggie! And also your car......thank goodness is is under warranty though and a rental is paid for!

Maxine, sounds like the painting is moving along good now. Know it's going to be so pretty. Hard to believe you're starting to get ready for fall and then winter, and we're trying to get geared up for spring and summer!

Jeanette - loved the comments about the "clicker" and may have to re-program the system! You and I just should have been mechanics! LOL! It be nice if someone could re-program MY system ever so often! LOL!

Kelly, that's scary about that road you're talking about!! Yikes..........Hurricanes, sharks, and now gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you ought to come to Texas.......let's see about the only thing serious we have are an occasional tornado! We have a lot of wild hog and deer and longhorns - but don't think they'll eat you! LOL! Good luck to your daughters on their competition!!!

You know, when the doctor tested me for the flu I forgot to even ask what strain it was! Too sick to worry about that I guess. Finally starting to breathe a little better today. That mess really hit my respiratory system bad - and yes, I know exactly how you felt, Kelly.......like death warmed over! There's a serious outbreak this year! I just noticed in the paper this morning that a little 6 year old girl died last night in Austin from the flu. It's really hitting the young children hard too. So sad!

Some of my mojo came back I guess!!!!!! I got a card made today and actually like it! Of course the photos never come out as good as what the card actual looks like, but guess that's life - unless you're a professional photographer! I would say that maybe getting sick gave me time to rest up from all this (but there was nothing good about being sick). It was good to take some breaks and think I'll start doing that just for myself more often this year!

As soon as I can get all the decorations put up (still don't have the energy for that) and get the house cleaned some, I'll chunking almost all of those alterable items I've been hoarding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, why keep them!!! Um......maybe have to keep a couple of the things anyway...LOL! But I will be getting them stored away somewhere to get me a little more space.

Lynn
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #3624
Quacker Stamper

The car is still at the shop. They didn't get it in for service until today. Got the call this afternoon that they have to replace the radiator and that there is a small oil leak under one of the gaskets. Stuff happens. Who knows why. So it's still there. They didn't get it finished today and I still have the rental car. I'll be so glad to get mine back. It is an adventure to get a rental and see how other cars drive. This is a Chevy Cruse. It's a nice enough car, but it's hard for me to get in and out of. There's not enough room to swing my legs around.

The news wasn't so good for Reggie. I could tell that she was really sick because she didn't pitch a fit and go ballistic when I put her in the carrier and when she got to he vet. She did fuss some when he was poking and prodding her and trying to look in her mouth. Not sure exactly what is going on yet, but she has a lot of fluid in her abdomen. He took a vial of fluid from her to send to the lab to see what it was. He also took some blood which was really hard to do because her blood pressure is very low. The results should be back by Friday morning, so I should know something then. He did give me some meds for her to stop the gagging and nausea. Luckily the nurse gave her the first dose at the clinic. Now I just have to see if I can get one down her throat tomorrow. She's lost a little over 2 pounds. Not sure when that started, but probably very recently. Her last visit was back in February. I don't want to do any second guessing, but I am guessing that this is not going to turn out well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #3625
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I'm sorry Reggie is so sick and you must wait for answers. So sad to see the pain and not really be able to help much at this point.

Also sorry your car needed repairs - but thankfully still under warranty.

My car needs to go to the shop on Friday - my clicker quit working a month ago - and we replaced the battery but that didn't help. UGH! DH's clicker for my car is still working though. We'll take it to a dealer in the city (1 1/2 hours away) on Friday - they are hoping the local people here (not dealer) just put the wrong battery in the clicker. But if that's not the case, they will have to reprogram my system.
Thank you Jeanette. She's still just laying on her soft mat. I tried giving her wet food this morning, but she didn't eat it. Just now she went over to her litter box and before she could even get to it, she wet on the floor in front of it. She was having a little trouble walking too.

That's strange about your clicker. It does sound like it has a bad or wrong battery in it. Hope you can get it fixed without too much trouble.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #3626
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh sweet friend, any updates? I have been blessed to own 4 kitties in my lifetime (from my 15th birthday til my wedding at 24) and they just warm your heart. I've been on bended knee for your fur baby.

Well ladies, just sent dh off with my dd16 and dd14 - they are attending an All-State Florida vocal choir competetion in Tampa, about 5 hours away from us. They won't return til Sunday so I pray they are safe there and back (about 2 hours of that drive are on the infamous, horrendous Alligator Alley! A 2 lane backroads crazy highway!!) Like literally Alligators just cross the road whenever! They have to cross through the Everglades where there are NO lights, no cell phone towers, just 2 hours of a 2 lane nothing-ness! I will be on pins and needles til they safely arrive.

Operation Nekked Christmas tree take-down is finished here! Not a sign of Christmas anywhere, save the billions of new toys laying about, lol!

Lynn, I wanted to share with you that I *think* you have the same flu bug that I had during the Christmas break. When I tell you I have not been that sick in 20 years, it's true! It's a nasty new strain that got around the flu shots (don't know if you have gottten one, I had one 10 years ago and had such a severe reaction to it, I was told never to get another one! BUT ... after what just happened to me during Cmas? I'm STRONGLY reconsidering trying again! They said age COULD change the reaction ... hee hee. Me gettin' older isn't so bad, eh!) I was in a state of "foggy brain" for a full week+ after the Tami-flu and antibiotics. I couldn't drive. I couldn't read. It does wonders but takes awhile to get out of the system!! And I just saw on the news today that it was so severe, several newborns passed away over the holidays because their parents/family members passed this flu on to the babies somehow It just broke my heart. Ya'll , please be careful out there!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to a school meeting ~ x0x0
Thanks again Kelly.

I hope your DH and DD's all made it to the choir competition without any alligator problems. That would not be good.

Maybe I'll get my few Christmas things down this weekend, but maybe not. I have dinner plans and then going to see a performance that my SIL is in. He's singing and dancing this time.

The flu has been really bad this year. I've been so blessed that I've not had it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #3627

So sorry about Reggie.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #3628
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello- I finished my week 'on' today and now get to start my week off! Yeah! Glad you are feeling better Lynn- sounds really nasty! We had 12 hospitals on bypass in the Chicago area...... I cannot take the flu shot- I am allergic to it.....I will be washing my hands really well!

I am going to work on my week off at getting some Dt work done in advance if possible. I also want to try to make a canvas- bought two Donna Downey kits last July...... they use Pan Pastels and they are just waiting for me to make them..... I also have to do some tutorials for Paint Shop Pro.

My Chinese tutor is teaching Chinese 1 this semester, so i think I am done. I will just listen to some You Tube video's and that should be good enough for our trip- and I am sure we will not really be able to talk much to Chinese people anyway!

Maxine- do you have bunnies or rodents that eat your lettuce?

Maggie- so sad about your sick Kitty : (

Kelly- sounds spooky to have a road like that- does it stop traffic when there is a gator in the road, or do people run them over? Glad you are felling better too- you are so busy- cannot imagine how the family life goes on without you! Did hubby have to take off work? Love the Operation Necked Christmas Tree...hehehe I was going to take mine down tomorrow, but hubby did it Sunday : )

Wow Jeanette- how do you reprogram a car- is that the entire electrical system and do you have to pay for that? Wow......

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 01-10-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #3629
Gabfest Goddess

Morning my Addicted Friends!

Sorry to be MIA for a few days, no time for SCS chatting (booo!)

Maggie: have only read this page of posts but very, very sorry to learn about your Reggie. Have said a prayer - for both of you! I hope that she can be as comfortable as possible and really hope that they have good news for you tomorrow. Veterinary medicine has advanced so much in the past 10 years or so.

Maxine: praying that your dental work is over quickly and that they can keep you comfortable throughout.

As for altering items: I don't do anything like that, just make cards.

Waving to all of you & wishing you a great day!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #3630
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Thanks for all your well wishes for Reggie. I am trying to stay positive.

Shelly, I think it would be so nice to have a week on/week off type of job. Hope you get everything done that you would like.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #3631

Shelly, I have no idea how they reprogram a clicker and its system. EEK! And yes, my "brand new car" is now 2 1/2 years old with 46,000 miles on it, so it is no longer covered by warranty. They tell us the cost will be $60 for every 30 minutes of labor and whatever parts are needed - though other than a battery, they didn't think there would be any parts needed.

Darlene, it's so good to see you this morning.

Maggie, still keeping you and Reggie in my thoughts! HUGS!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #3632
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Going to try to be a little productive (at least in some way) if possible today! LOL

Lynn
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #3633

Go, Lynn, go! You can do it!

Glad to see you're feeling well enought to at least want to accomplish something today.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #3634
Pearl-ExPert

I was productive today!!! So proud of myself! I did take it slow and easy though!

I got the decorations and tree all packed away until next year! Not a sign of Christmas as our house - except for some packages that go to my son in Dallas! YEAH!!

AND, Jim finally got me out of the house today - nothing big, but I went to town with him to get gas and the mail - and actually dashed into a small clothing store to see what was on sale. Came home and crawled in bed!! I'm slowly getting back to normal.

Lynn
Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #3635
Quacker Stamper

Glad to hear that you were able to get out Lynn and that you actually went into a store to shop! Great!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #3636
Pearl-ExPert

I have had a really busy couple of days. Yesterday we went up to the big 'base' hospital in Hamilton (95 kilometres away) for DH's eye specialists appt - all went well and there has been some spontaneous improvement in the left eye and he is allowed to drive again, but it is marginal - I suspect he will mainly only drive around town and in the day time.

Today I went in the opposite direction to Rotorua (abt 70 k's away) and bought some clothes- nothing exciting - and also spent a $50 gift voucher I had been given last October for a craft store. With that money, and a buy from Blitsy a couple of weeks ago my stash has been beautifully augmented Now to find places to store it !!

Shelly, no, we do not have rabbits or rodents to eat the lettuces thankfully - slugs and snails and the occasional cat digging are the worst assaults the garden suffers, thankfully.

Maggie I do hope the news about Reggie is good.

Jeanette I hope the car is not too expensive.....

Waving to Darlene as she passes through

Lynn, it is good to hear you really are on the mend now - it was a long time!!

Kelly - what can I say to alligators - ugh - do hope your family travels safely.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #3637
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Keeping positive thoughts.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #3638
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I have had a really busy couple of days. Yesterday we went up to the big 'base' hospital in Hamilton (95 kilometres away) for DH's eye specialists appt - all went well and there has been some spontaneous improvement in the left eye and he is allowed to drive again, but it is marginal - I suspect he will mainly only drive around town and in the day time.

Today I went in the opposite direction to Rotorua (abt 70 k's away) and bought some clothes- nothing exciting - and also spent a $50 gift voucher I had been given last October for a craft store. With that money, and a buy from Blitsy a couple of weeks ago my stash has been beautifully augmented Now to find places to store it !!
Glad to hear the good news about your DH. Even that limited driving will be good.

Score on the craft supplies!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #3639

TGIF

Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #3640
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, all! Busy weekend here - dh won't return til late Sunday so we are taking advantage of some fun things in town (free included! It's my year of Simplicity !)

Alligators - yes! Crazy state we live in, eh? Sharks at the beach, Alligators in the road ... last year there was a monitor lizard in my backyard! Had to call animal control to try and trap it for a free-reign relocation but he never came back. Truly 'wild-life' and I don't mean the teenagers! Shelly, noooooo - they don't run them over! I imagine if they didn't see them, they could/would but usually their looming selves are visible in the car lights and they are so slow moving - not like a deer that darts out. People have to stop or go around as they have been known to just sit in the highway sunbathing and not move! They are HUGE, and dangerous so if you can go around it, you have to sit and wait - it's crazy!

Hugs all around!