Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #3481
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello from Chicago! Wahoo- our plane on Thursday to Chicago was cx on Thursday! We had a choice to either wait and fly on Sunday, or to drive......Well, we decided to drive. Usually a 16 hour drive, it took us 24..... we did it in 2 days- made it home on the slip and slide highways of Nebraska and Iowa...... our Guardian Angels were working overtime! We counted cards and trucks in the ditch from Lincoln Neb. to Iowa City (then it got dark) and were up to 190 - in about 250 miles. We felt fortunate to be having a better day than a whole lot of other folks....... and feel Blessed to be home safe and sound.

I had to work today- I missed yesterday- felt bad as this is our busy season, but what can I say. Hubby has steak cooking and an acorn squash in the cooker- yum.....smells delicious in here!

Thanks for the card Maggie- it is beautiful! And where do you get the gold corner embellishment you used?

I do not have my Christmas cards addressed yet.....I am late every year with them....my intentions are good, but have to wait for hubby to write a letter and the kids to send us the pics they want.

Maggie- hope you continue to feel better and that you have safe travels and a wonderful time on your Christmas trip!

We are listening to fabulous Christmas music- it is so pretty!!!

i AM BEING CALLED TO THE TABLE- BETTER RUN! Whoops...

Shelly
Hi Shelly. Sounds like a very scary trip hope. So glad that you and DH made it home safe and sound with no accidents. Scary that there were so many cars along the side of the roads.

Glad you liked the card. I bought those gold corners from Whiff of Joy. I love their embellishments. I need to order some more. One of the blogs I follow uses them a lot and she will emoboss them in different colors. I've yet to try that.

I love to listen to Christmas music too.

Enjoy@
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #3482
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscheller View Post
Hi Ladies,
I wanted to pop in and wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Also, in case you haven't seen it, there's a free digi at Saturated Canary for today only:
Saturated Canary
I didn't see it over there, so I guess I missed this one.

Merry Christmas to you also Marilyn and best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #3483
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks Marilyn- I have missed all of the freebies- got this one though-first one with sentiments too. I have got to practice my coloring skills- love these images!

My pictures are on Facebook of Iowa travel and Breckenridge.

I have a picture that made me laugh- for my Southern friends with warm weather....this truck is just for you......

Shelly
How funny! No warm weather for this Southern Girl either here in CA or home in TX. Doesn't matter which place I'm in the temps are about the same - 40's to 60's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #3484
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi girls - painting is off until after Christmas now - and yes Shelly, Christmas is always hot for us.... I usually put a tree up, but not this year as we are visiting family for the day, and that's all.

Some folks put lights up, some don't - it is more a city thing than small town, and one of the streets in Auckland does a whole street display and folks travel for miles to go and see them. Last year they televised the switching on of the lights there.

There has been a huge wet weather system heading our way from the tropics (was a cyclone) .. we will pretty much be on the edge of it here, but it looks as though the rain wiull finally arrive late tomorrow and stay for about a couple of days - not impressed as I will have to drive in it!

Shelly your journey sounds as though your guardian angels were surely doing overtime!!to Maggie, Jeanette, Marilyn, Paige, Darlene, Lynn and Kelly, and Paola should she be able to pop in, all the best for Christmas - may you enjoy family and friends and rejoice in the Reason for the Season.
Enjoy your family time. It's supposed to be rainy here for Christmas too. So glad that we won't have to go anywhere, and can just stay at home and enjoy each other's company. Be careful when you're out driving in the rain.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #3485
Die Cut Diva

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Shelly, that was a horrible trip - I DO love that picture though! LOL! Glad y'all made it home safely!
Maggie, glad you're having a good time. I lived in San Diego for about a year when my husband was in the Navy. Beautiful place! Have a safe trip home.

I've almost forgotten what to do on a computer! It's been a while since I've even turned it on! Gasp!!!
Sunday, we had Jim's oldest son and his family all day long - until about 10:00 that night. Then yesterday, we went to my brother's for the day. It was fun, but a very long trip for just the day. Today, Jim and I are literally doing nothing!!! Well, I say that....actually I'm getting all the clothes washed and house straightened up since my daughter and her family will be here in the morning. They'll be staying until Saturday. Jim's youngest son and his family will also be here tomorrow.................Now, don't get me wrong......I LOVE Christmas - but am really ready for all this to be over with now!! LOL!! To top everything off, Jim's brother called this morning wanting to know if they could come up this weekend and stay a few days!!!!! YIKES!!! I put my foot down and said a sounding NOOOOOOOOO!!! So, they'll wait until next weekend now! Whew!! I really do love all the company, but just get so tired of the cooking, cleaning, etc.....I sound like a regular Scrooge here! LOL!

Anyway, sorry I've been absent here - but will be once again until Saturday! I miss all our chatting, but will catch up on Saturday! Have a great day!

Lynn
Old 12-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #3486
Pearl-ExPert

Well it is Boxing day here and quiet - the trip was ok this side of the hills we had to cross, and then there was rain and fog on the way over the tops, and it was overcast or wet all day - got back over the hills in the evening and it was sunny!
We had a lovely day though and enjoyed our DGS, his other grandparents and parents company. and the drive was without incident, sot hat was all good too.
We have a family get- together next Sunday and then it is all quiet again in the short term.
For those who pray, please remember my DH - he is struggling with the higher temps and high humidity.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #3487
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Shelly, that was a horrible trip - I DO love that picture though! LOL! Glad y'all made it home safely!
Maggie, glad you're having a good time. I lived in San Diego for about a year when my husband was in the Navy. Beautiful place! Have a safe trip home.

I've almost forgotten what to do on a computer! It's been a while since I've even turned it on! Gasp!!!
Sunday, we had Jim's oldest son and his family all day long - until about 10:00 that night. Then yesterday, we went to my brother's for the day. It was fun, but a very long trip for just the day. Today, Jim and I are literally doing nothing!!! Well, I say that....actually I'm getting all the clothes washed and house straightened up since my daughter and her family will be here in the morning. They'll be staying until Saturday. Jim's youngest son and his family will also be here tomorrow.................Now, don't get me wrong......I LOVE Christmas - but am really ready for all this to be over with now!! LOL!! To top everything off, Jim's brother called this morning wanting to know if they could come up this weekend and stay a few days!!!!! YIKES!!! I put my foot down and said a sounding NOOOOOOOOO!!! So, they'll wait until next weekend now! Whew!! I really do love all the company, but just get so tired of the cooking, cleaning, etc.....I sound like a regular Scrooge here! LOL!

Anyway, sorry I've been absent here - but will be once again until Saturday! I miss all our chatting, but will catch up on Saturday! Have a great day!

Lynn
That's nice that family want to come to visit you, but I can imagine it gets a little overwhelming to be like a hotel. People don't really think about all that you need to do to make their stay pleasant. Glad you'll get a break before the next onslaught comes in.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #3488
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Well it is Boxing day here and quiet - the trip was ok this side of the hills we had to cross, and then there was rain and fog on the way over the tops, and it was overcast or wet all day - got back over the hills in the evening and it was sunny!
We had a lovely day though and enjoyed our DGS, his other grandparents and parents company. and the drive was without incident, sot hat was all good too.
We have a family get- together next Sunday and then it is all quiet again in the short term.
For those who pray, please remember my DH - he is struggling with the higher temps and high humidity.
Glad you had a safe trip. Sending up prayers for your DH with the weather conditions. Hope you enjoy your time with family coming up.

It is nice to visit, but then always nice to get home too. I think if I had thought it out more, I probably would have left here sooner than Sunday, but it is what it is, so I'll be here for a few more days yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #3489
Stazon Splitcoast

Default hi.....

Ahhhhhh....... work is over- 7 days off now! I have a Mammogram tomorrow and that is a great way to start out a week of no work, don't you think???

Lynn- I used to complain when the families wanted us to travel for the holidays- I want to stay home...then at some point, I decided that was nuts- the cleaning makes me crazy, let alone the shopping and all..... I hope you enjoy the company despite all of the work.

Maxine- hope your hubby does OK- is it his breathing that gives him the issues? I will keep hi in prayers! SO, aare you driving to higher ground- like mountains???

Maggie- hope you have a nice visit despite the rain. Did you take any crafting supplies with you?

I have a family gathering on Sat with my side of the family- 3 brothers cannot come, so we will be a small group- just 10 adults and only 6 kids.....

Shelly
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #3490
Die Cut Diva

Hi, ladies............

Hotel Hayes is just about ready to call the real estate agent and put this up on the market!!!!!! Any buyers out there!!!!! LOL!!

Yep, just popping in for a SUPER quick "hello"! My daughter and crew will be leaving Saturday sometime. Tomorrow, Jim's youngest son and his family will be here......and then Saturday AND Sunday his oldest son and his family are coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm filling the car with gas and swear I'll be history by Monday - that is, if I still have any sanity left!!!

I'll TRY to get by everyone's blog sometime this weekend........but no promises right now! Wish me luck for the next few days!!!

Lynn
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #3491
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

And a good morning to all

Slowly getting up and around here -- amazing how being down and out for the count brings so much choas! Every time I stand up to get something done I get winded and dizzy but hey, what a great weight loss endeavor!

Shelly, I was the same way - I do not like being home for the holidays once Christmas day is over. We havent' been able to get away this Christmas due to dh's job but normally we'd be off somewhere! I think it's a blessing in disguise we didn't have plans since Ive been sick for a week and healing is taking even longer!

Be safe out there, everyone!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #3492
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Ahhhhhh....... work is over- 7 days off now! I have a Mammogram tomorrow and that is a great way to start out a week of no work, don't you think???

Lynn- I used to complain when the families wanted us to travel for the holidays- I want to stay home...then at some point, I decided that was nuts- the cleaning makes me crazy, let alone the shopping and all..... I hope you enjoy the company despite all of the work.

Maxine- hope your hubby does OK- is it his breathing that gives him the issues? I will keep hi in prayers! SO, aare you driving to higher ground- like mountains???

Maggie- hope you have a nice visit despite the rain. Did you take any crafting supplies with you?

I have a family gathering on Sat with my side of the family- 3 brothers cannot come, so we will be a small group- just 10 adults and only 6 kids.....

Shelly
Shelly, Enjoy your family this weekend and the time off from work. I look forward to 2 days at home after I get back from CA.

I did bring some images and some Copic markers with me, but I haven't gotten them out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #3493
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Hi, ladies............

Hotel Hayes is just about ready to call the real estate agent and put this up on the market!!!!!! Any buyers out there!!!!! LOL!!

Yep, just popping in for a SUPER quick "hello"! My daughter and crew will be leaving Saturday sometime. Tomorrow, Jim's youngest son and his family will be here......and then Saturday AND Sunday his oldest son and his family are coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm filling the car with gas and swear I'll be history by Monday - that is, if I still have any sanity left!!!

I'll TRY to get by everyone's blog sometime this weekend........but no promises right now! Wish me luck for the next few days!!!

Lynn
Sounds like time to put out the No Vacancy sign!

I hope to get back to commenting and blogs after I get home. I need to figure out when I need to start working on DT's again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #3494
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
And a good morning to all

Slowly getting up and around here -- amazing how being down and out for the count brings so much choas! Every time I stand up to get something done I get winded and dizzy but hey, what a great weight loss endeavor!

Shelly, I was the same way - I do not like being home for the holidays once Christmas day is over. We havent' been able to get away this Christmas due to dh's job but normally we'd be off somewhere! I think it's a blessing in disguise we didn't have plans since Ive been sick for a week and healing is taking even longer!

Be safe out there, everyone!
Glad that you are feeling better Kelly. Today is the first day I've felt like I'm getting better. The cough is not so bad.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #3495
Pearl-ExPert

Waving hello!
I'm back from spending Christmas at our DD's and enjoying lots of snuggles with our DGD. We actually ended up staying a couple of extra days, as DH needed a stent put in after an angiogram procedure with his cardiologist. So he had an unexpected hospital stay. Then the day he got out there was a winter weather advisory and 5 inches of snow!

Tomorrow I need to get my stamp room organized and then I hope to start creating again. I'm going to look for some sketches to get my mojo going again.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas gatherings and now we are headed into a new year! I don't make resolutions, but does anyone else make some? I have decided that I am going to join weight watchers online after the start of the new year. Wish me luck!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #3496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Waving hello!
I'm back from spending Christmas at our DD's and enjoying lots of snuggles with our DGD. We actually ended up staying a couple of extra days, as DH needed a stent put in after an angiogram procedure with his cardiologist. So he had an unexpected hospital stay. Then the day he got out there was a winter weather advisory and 5 inches of snow!

Tomorrow I need to get my stamp room organized and then I hope to start creating again. I'm going to look for some sketches to get my mojo going again.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas gatherings and now we are headed into a new year! I don't make resolutions, but does anyone else make some? I have decided that I am going to join weight watchers online after the start of the new year. Wish me luck!
Sorry about the unexpected hospital stay for your DH, Kelly. I hope he's doing okay now.

I'm also going to joint WW. I'm going to go to their meetings the first month to get all the information I need and then will switch over to online. I saw on TV that they are having a free sign up now, so that's a good incentive too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #3497
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry about the unexpected hospital stay for your DH, Kelly. I hope he's doing okay now.

I'm also going to joint WW. I'm going to go to their meetings the first month to get all the information I need and then will switch over to online. I saw on TV that they are having a free sign up now, so that's a good incentive too.
Oh my dh is just fine at the moment - you meant this for Paige

I am a fallen member of WW! I'm a lifetime member but 20 pounds over goal - eek! One day. I keep returning, keep getting half way, and then just giving up. I keep thinking it will click ... but not yet! I don't make resolutions for myself anymore, I just set up smaller more attainable goals - they seem to work better for me!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #3498
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning Addicted Friends!

Paige, glad you got in oodles of cuddles with the grandbaby! How fun!

Prayers for Maxine's husband and Paige's husband - may their health be restored. Prayers for Kelly and Maggie as their body fights off the last of the crud. There are some really nasty viruses going around the country right now. Take good care of yourselves so that you don't relapse.

Lynn: prayers for sanity. LOL, mine would be completely gone with that many guests for so long.

Shelly: Hooray for time off! I also scheduled a mammogram during my vacation time. Yay for me. Other than that, have some fun, inky time, OK?

New Year Resolutions: I usually fail miserably at keeping them, then get so disappointed with myself. So I dial it back a bit. Tending to make small ones, and set some monthly targets so that I actually make some progress. Not sure what I may set as goals for this year though. Have to give it some thought I guess.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #3499
Die Cut Diva

I'm back
I survived
So glad all is over with now!
LOL!

My daughter and crew just left while ago, and yes, I cried!! I miss them already! We really had a good time..........yesterday, with all of them and Jim's youngest son and his crew here was pretty much a nightmare - but I just kept smiling (and was designing cards in my mind the whole time!!! LOL/LOL/LOL)!!!!!

Sure is quiet around here now......his oldest son and all of them were suppose to come back though today and then tomorrow but they cancelled out.......which is good! I'm thinking I just need a margarita now! I have a ton of clothes/sheets, etc. to wash but figured they'll just wait a day or two!

So glad everyone has been checking in on here.........

Paige, I'm so sorry about your husband - but thank goodness you got all of that taken care of! Hope he starts feeling better now!

Maggie, so glad you're feeling better - know you've had fun but it's always good to get back home too!

Kelly, I didn't know you'd been sick! Uck! Hopefully you're going better now too!

Maxine, I'll be praying for your husband to start feeling better!! Glad you had a good Christmas though and got to be with family some.

Darlene, hope you get a little time off from work, etc.....get some "me" time in now!

Shelly, enjoy your days off! Are y'all getting snow up there still?

New Years resolutions..........I don't ever make those (probably because I'd break them in a heartbeat) BUT, one that I do have is to get my crafting area a little better organized. I figure it's going to take me until next December to do it! LOL!
Weight Watchers........um......don't really need to do that yet I don't think, but am watching what I eat and trying to eat healthier now. My daughter just joined WW and seems to really like it so far. Hope she keeps it up.......she's only 40 but I keep telling her to lose it now while she's young as it seems so hard to lose it as you get older and don't exercise as much.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Last edited by jimlynn; 12-29-2012 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Forget to say something
Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #3500
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Fellow Stamp Addicts! I've been missing for days - been enjoying my kiddos and now that they have both gone home, I'm trying to catch up. LOL!

Maggie, I used to love to fly Southwest. At the end of the flight, as they were landing... when the wheels touched down, they'd play a recording of a horse galloping and the voice from the cockpit would say, "Whoa Bessie". It always cracked me up.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #3501

Quote:
Hello from Chicago! Wahoo- our plane on Thursday to Chicago was cx on Thursday! We had a choice to either wait and fly on Sunday, or to drive......Well, we decided to drive. Usually a 16 hour drive, it took us 24..... we did it in 2 days- made it home on the slip and slide highways of Nebraska and Iowa...... our Guardian Angels were working overtime! We counted cards and trucks in the ditch from Lincoln Neb. to Iowa City (then it got dark) and were up to 190 - in about 250 miles. We felt fortunate to be having a better day than a whole lot of other folks....... and feel Blessed to be home safe and sound.

Shelly
Shelly, you can sure tell we're cardmakers. I bet it was difficult to spot those CARDS in the ditches.

Seriously, though... I'm glad your guardian angel was watching out for you! (I know that part of that road well.... used to travel it when we lived in northern Illinois. I'd drive across Iowa, to Des Moines and then head south to visit family. Once I even took it over into Nebraska and then headed south to visit DD in western Kansas.)

Old 12-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #3502
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I have been MIA, but have been busy with life generally - I got 5 cards made and away to a customer just after Christmas, and then another 6 made this week - and forgot to photograph them before I gave them to my DD (she buys off me too). Thankfully she will take photos of 5 of them for me - the last one was for me and it was all written in and sealed!!

The weather here has been hot and humid with rain a lot of the days - the lawn looked like a hay paddock until yesterday - and that was in 9 days!

Today we spent the day with DD and family, who are holidaying about an hour away, and DS and his family came too - it was a lovely day, but now I am about to try and go to sleep... I say try as it is so hot still.

I have been lurking a bit.

Shelly it is DH's lung condition that causes the distress - he is becoming much less tolerant of heat and cold I have noticed. The only place to get higher would be to go to the mountains, and they are not cheap to stay at, and I am not sure I would be too keen on staying long on active volcanoes anyway!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #3503
Gabfest Goddess

Greetings Addicted Friends!

Maxine: heat and humidity would be very difficult for your DH, I'm sure. And it must be hard on you as well, seeing his discomfort and wishing that it would be better. Hopefully the weather cooperates and gives you guys a break soon.

As for WW's: I tried it years ago, but even the higher protein version didn't agree with me, had too many carbs and messed up my blood sugar levels. I would get shaky and feel sort of sick. My situation could be best improved by just getting more exercise.

Hmmm, that really SHOULD be my NY's resolution. To get more exercise. It would be a tough one for me, though. I hate the cold and wind, something we have lots of this time of year. Going for a walk sounds icky to me. Wonder if all that shoveling of heavy wet snow two days ago counts as anything? My back sure seems to think so, LOL

Anyone have any plans for New Year's Eve? We are so lame, we usually go to sleep around 9, maybe 10. Woo hoo, we're such party animals. LOL The only time in recent years that I've made it until midnight has been when someone on SCS has a virtual stamp challenge where participants make and post a card every hour. Different hostess and theme every hour. It's really fun, and sure pushes me to "git er done"!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #3504
Pearl-ExPert

No special plans for New Year's eve here. I don't think I've stayed up till midnight in years! I'm an early riser so like to get to bed early as well. I'm going to make some dips and a cheese ball, one that Lynn recently posted on Pinterest, as a matter of fact. And then DH and I will watch a marathon of sorts choosing movies from Netflix on our TV.

What's everyone else doing?

Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #3505
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
No special plans for New Year's eve here. I don't think I've stayed up till midnight in years! I'm an early riser so like to get to bed early as well. I'm going to make some dips and a cheese ball, one that Lynn recently posted on Pinterest, as a matter of fact. And then DH and I will watch a marathon of sorts choosing movies from Netflix on our TV.

What's everyone else doing?
Now that sounds fun. I've been wanting to watch a few old favorites and haven't indulged yet. I don't know how to navigate Pinterest very well, where can I find her recipe?

We are early risers also, typically getting up between 4 and 5 AM, so anything past 9 PM is pretty late for us.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #3506
Pearl-ExPert

Here's a link to the recipe:

Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Bacon-Jalapeņo Cheese Ball

One of my cats will come and sit by my chair and stare at me when she thinks it is my bedtime - usually between 8:30 and 9:00, although she sometimes shows up earlier! She also wakes me up whenever she wants me to get up - many times way too early, even for me!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #3507

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Paige, thanks for sharing the link for the cheese ball recipe. It sounds good!

Darlene, I do think shoveling the snow was good exercise. Hope you don't have to do it often, though.

New Year's Eve... I will stay up til midnight; DH, too.... but we don't really do anything. I do turn the tv on and watch the ball drop. That's rare. Often the only other time in the year that I turn the tv on is on Thanksgiving to watch the Macy's Day parade. I'm not much of a tv buff. LOL!

Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #3508
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!

No plans for New Year's Eve around here. We just don't ever do that - or, at least, haven't in years and years. We go to bed at the usual 10:00 curfew and just greet the new year the next day. I mean, it's going to get here whether we stay up at night or not.

The cheese ball..............OMGOODNESS!!!!! That one really IS a good recipe! Everyone loved it and one guy even said it was the best he'd ever eaten in his life!! Another one said they didn't like cheese balls - but he LOVED this one!! Outstanding recipe!! The recipe calls for 2 jalapenos I think - but I only used one and a half since they were so big! I probably could have used 2 though. I did take out all the seeds and ribs and you got the taste of the pepper but not a HOT taste. Very good recipe!

Jeanette, you sound like TV and me - I just seldom watch it! I'll watch a football or basketball game with Jim some, but as far as any comedies or shows, I just don't see them and really don't even know what's on any more.

Lynn
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #3509
Pearl-ExPert

New Years - we are usually awake, but in bed. There are some around here who save fireworks for the moment, so there is no missing it. DS usually sends us a text too.......

We used to be early risers, but since DH retired the alarm clock is not turned on unless we need to be somewhere early!

TV - I could easily live without, but when it is on, it is generally news and documentaries, and DH likes 'real life' policing shows and once a week, at the moment, is Antiques Roadshow which we both enjoy.

WW - I do my own thing and generally keep my weight sort of under control... and have been gong to the gym 1x a week for the last 6-7 months and feeling the benefits of it.

Darlene if you shovel snow while unfit, your back will continue to protest ... try a regular, gentle to start with, gym workout and you will be amazed at how fit you can get over time.

I always baulked at the thought of going to a gym, but my friend bullied me into it - it is a community run one and is nothing flash, but fun. We do a bit of a group warm up and cool down, and individually a set 'circut' of the equipment that has been set up for the day.

Today looks like a housework/shopping and stamping day I may just have to do some gardening too...... I have vegetable seedlings to go in and lettuces to pull out as they have gone to seed with the warm wet weather... today looks as though we may not get rain.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #3510

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Are you ready... the New Year is coming..................

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #3511
Pearl-ExPert

Ready or not, here it comes!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #3512
Gabfest Goddess

Morning! Happy New Year to everyone!

Paige, thanks for the recipe, and thanks Lynn for the tips on it. If I decide to go to the grocery store I may make it, otherwise, I'll keep it for the future. All of us love cheese, so it would be a great item for our family get togethers.

Maxine, you have wise advice about exercising and protecting my back. Although I am very strong for being 55, I would like to preserve that strength as I continue to age, KWIM?

I had to do physical therapy for an injury about 5 years ago and I remember being set for weights on the different machines just as heavy or heavier than many of the men my age that were there. In private I asked my PTs about it and they told me that I was unusually strong for a woman who didn't work out.

Jeanette: is the girl in your cute image above dancing or working out? hahaha, sometimes they are the same thing, so I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?

Paige & Maxine: how are the hubbies doing? I hope they are improving!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #3513

Darlene, if you go to the store today - can you get a few things for me, too? We are out of coffee! EEK!!!

I'm not sure if she's dancing or working out... but I'm pretty sure she's burning calories.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #3514
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Darlene, if you go to the store today - can you get a few things for me, too? We are out of coffee! EEK!!!

I'm not sure if she's dancing or working out... but I'm pretty sure she's burning calories.
Well...before even considering a trip to the grocery store and the crowds (eek!) is the fact that the driveway needs to be cleared of the snow from 2 nights ago. It's windy again so - ick! Not feeling motivated at all. However, being out of coffee would motivate DH & I to do it, ha ha. Everyone has their standards after all, right!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #3515

Being out of coffee will motivate me, too.... Unless I'm able to convince you - or my DH - to go to the store for me today.

I think from the sounds of your weather and driveway, though.... maybe you should stay home and play with ink.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #3516
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! Here's to the last day of 2013!

Yes, Lynn, was very very sick -- picked up the bug that went through the choral trip I chaperoned earlier this month. T he kids were all dropping like flies and it came my way on the 21 - by the 22nd of Dececmber, I could not even stand up or breath. The nebuzilier wouldn't get my breathing back and was minutes away from calling 911. It was very scary. I spent 3 days in bed with a fever of 103-4* and delirious as all get-up. And poor dh dealing with 5 kids on his own - it was a nightmare. I dragged myself out of bed Christmas morning just to see the kids open their gifts and went right back again! I wouldn't wish that on anyone - ever!

This is the cheeseball my son helped me make for today - btw, those silvery things are at Joanns! I looked EVERYWHERE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg time square cheese ball.jpg (68.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #3517

KELLY!!! You had another BABY?????????????????????

Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #3518

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning! Here's to the last day of 2013!

Yes, Lynn, was very very sick -- picked up the bug that went through the choral trip I chaperoned earlier this month. T he kids were all dropping like flies and it came my way on the 21 - by the 22nd of Dececmber, I could not even stand up or breath. The nebuzilier wouldn't get my breathing back and was minutes away from calling 911. It was very scary. I spent 3 days in bed with a fever of 103-4* and delirious as all get-up. And poor dh dealing with 5 kids on his own - it was a nightmare. I dragged myself out of bed Christmas morning just to see the kids open their gifts and went right back again! I wouldn't wish that on anyone - ever!

This is the cheeseball my son helped me make for today - btw, those silvery things are at Joanns! I looked EVERYWHERE!!
Congratulations!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #3519
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
KELLY!!! You had another BABY?????????????????????
OH my sweet friend, different kind of sickness, ROFL!! The "5" is my autistic niece - we are raising her now. Long sad story - one I've come to terms with a few weeks ago and hope for MANY things for 2013
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #3520
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly, I'm so sorry you were sick like that! No fun what-so-ever! Love those silver things sticking out of the cheese ball!! Very festive!

You guys that are having so much snow! Yikes!!! (Jeanette, I saw the pictures you put on Facebook). Can't even image something like that! No snow here for sure - just cold and miserable - misty rain/cloudy/and generally ucky! I'm either moving to New Zealand with Maxine or Florida with Kelly!!! Maybe that's not a great idea though.......New Zealand with the volcanoes and Kelly with hurricanes! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day. Hubby should be parked in front of the TV with football all day today and tomorrow and hopefully I can get a couple of cards made. Really been slacking around here. Oh, I do have to go to the grocery store - so I'll just pick up coffee for you Jeanette!!

Lynn