Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #3361
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscheller View Post
This is a quick post for those of you who like the Saturated Canary digis and haven't seen it but she's got a freebie posted and it's up for only a few more hours.
Saturated Canary
She's actually doing 12 Days of Christmas and is posting a new freebie every day, except today she's got a post up about a challenge with prizes.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #3362
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Greetings my Addicted Friends!
Home from church & bell choir rehearsal, doing some laundry and getting ready to finish up some Christmas cards.

Paige...be sure to tell us what delectable goodies you bake! I am too lazy to bake so I only bake at Christmas. Plus I really don't have a sweet tooth...

ZOOM!!! There goes Maggie LOL! Wow are you busy!

Shelly, I will put a card in the mail tomorrow for Katie. What a wonderful surprise for her! Oh - I am not a minister's wife, that is Jeanette. Strangest thing is, Jeanette has a friend who's husband also passed away and the funeral was yesterday.

Wishing you all a great day!
I also have a good friend from church who lost her husband just a week ago and went to his service on Saturday. They say things happen in 3's!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #3363
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I also have a good friend from church who lost her husband just a week ago and went to his service on Saturday. They say things happen in 3's!
Oh Maggie, how sad! There seems to be a lot of losses this year, heaven is getting a big new crew of souls. But enough is enough. Heaven should pace itself, right?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #3364
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hi ladies! I'm far behind - just skimmed the thread, forgive me!

Shelly, will get a card out asap - how blessed of your daughter and all she is doing! The world needs more Katies!

I'm EXHAUSTED ........ a mom of a now an 18 year old! 2 birthdays down, 1 still to go .... I'll be glad when December is done! And I leave bright and early Sat. morning at 5:30 to head to Orlando with 120 kids on a choral trip - ay yi yi! We get back Monday night at some unspeakable hour so it will be a weary weekend.

No news on the lost doggie from the car - I am sure they were reunited becuase not a single sign has gone up in the neighborhood nor anything in the paper and believe me, that lady was SCREAMING like she lost a child and I know she would be out here every single day looking.

Ladies, I have an urgent prayer ... please if you could keep Eric in your thoughts! He's a friend of my dd at school who went home last week with an excruciating headache - like blinding - and went to sleep because the pain was so severe. He woke up the next day fine - headache was gone. And then went to all his freshman 9th grade classes like usual. Except he is in 11th grade!! He literally LOST 2 years. At first everyone thought he was being funny and playing a prank but they soon realized something was very wrong ...... he didn't know who his own girlfriend was, the teachers he had or his classes and couldn't remember a single thing from the last two years. Can you imagine. So they called his parents who took him straight to the ER and now he hasn't been in school. I fear for him! That really leans towards something major, like a brain tumor or major hit to the head (of which he swears he did not have) he hasnt' been ill - like viral. He is only 17, bless their hearts. I'll update when I know more. x0x0x0
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3365
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kelly - that is terrible - will pray.

Ribbons - I keep shorter lengths (a metre or less) and stuff that comes from gifts etc, in a deep draw that I have to rat through. The ones on spools are in two short lengths of gutter above my desk, and I love it!

Yes I have been known to iron ribbon - I have been given (and have kept) ribbon off parcels and where the knots have been tied need some TLC!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #3366
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, so happy to have tip to pass along1

Kelly, what sad and scary news about the young man. Prayers are going out to him. Keep us posted.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #3367
Quacker Stamper

I have plastic boxes that I got from Target years ago along with plastic shoe boxes that I keep my ribbon in, sorted by colors. They are places on a shelving units> I have a photo box for my Christmas ribbons. I keep them on the original spools if I have them otherwise they go into small plastic bags. Lose ribbons I wind on wooden clothespins (Note to self - get more wooden clothespins). I tired using pieces of cardboard to wind them around, but then they do get creases in the ribbon which i have no desire to iron out. If the ribbon is on a clothespin or spool, then I use a straight pin to hold the end in place.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #3368
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hi ladies! I'm far behind - just skimmed the thread, forgive me!

Shelly, will get a card out asap - how blessed of your daughter and all she is doing! The world needs more Katies!

I'm EXHAUSTED ........ a mom of a now an 18 year old! 2 birthdays down, 1 still to go .... I'll be glad when December is done! And I leave bright and early Sat. morning at 5:30 to head to Orlando with 120 kids on a choral trip - ay yi yi! We get back Monday night at some unspeakable hour so it will be a weary weekend.

No news on the lost doggie from the car - I am sure they were reunited becuase not a single sign has gone up in the neighborhood nor anything in the paper and believe me, that lady was SCREAMING like she lost a child and I know she would be out here every single day looking.

Ladies, I have an urgent prayer ... please if you could keep Eric in your thoughts! He's a friend of my dd at school who went home last week with an excruciating headache - like blinding - and went to sleep because the pain was so severe. He woke up the next day fine - headache was gone. And then went to all his freshman 9th grade classes like usual. Except he is in 11th grade!! He literally LOST 2 years. At first everyone thought he was being funny and playing a prank but they soon realized something was very wrong ...... he didn't know who his own girlfriend was, the teachers he had or his classes and couldn't remember a single thing from the last two years. Can you imagine. So they called his parents who took him straight to the ER and now he hasn't been in school. I fear for him! That really leans towards something major, like a brain tumor or major hit to the head (of which he swears he did not have) he hasnt' been ill - like viral. He is only 17, bless their hearts. I'll update when I know more. x0x0x0
Oh Wow! Kelly. That is really scary to go to sleep and wake up like it was 2 years ago. I sure hope they can get that one figured out and he gets well again.

Have a fun time on the choral trip. My DGD goes in the Spring. They are going to North Texas. She's not overly thrilled, but will go. It's an opportunity to travel. We're told that they put tape on the kids doors at night so they can't open their doors.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #3369
Pearl-ExPert

Finally back over this way. I had to go pick up a couple of small kids gifts at Walmart, come home, help hubby, get the house straightened up a bit, read a couple of chapters (in a not so very good book - but I'll read most anything), and then try to order a Justin Beiber singing doll on Amazon!!! I'm so out of the kids things it's pathetic!! Anyway, they won't ship to a PO Box - and yet it comes by US Postal System! Geeze......what gives anyway!! So, I'm trying to get ahold of my daughter to bring one when she comes for Christmas - that is, if she can find one......or maybe I'll just have it shipped to her. Nothing like waiting until the last minutes on things like this!!! LOL

So sorry about your daughters friend Kelly! How sad. Hope they can figure out what's going on and it's not too serious.

Ok, Darlene.........Discussion of the Week! Thank you SO MUCH for coming up with an idea for this - and it's great!

Ribbon storage.......Jim made me some metal rods to hang on the wall and then I run the ribbon spool on there - assorted by color. There's just only so much room in the laundry room you know, so I had to put something on the wall instead of like another cabinet, table, etc. I like these rods BUT, like you said, if you run out of one of the spools right in the middle, you have to take them all off to get the empty off. I keep the ribbon from rolling off the spool with just a piece of tape. Paige, that's a great idea about cutting the slit in the reel to keep the ribbon from rolling off!!!!!! For my short lengths of ribbon I made some of paper "ribbon holders" - Just an o ring with a piece of card stock and slits in it and then punched a hole in the card stock and run it on the ring. Those also hang on the wall. They can hold a lot of ribbon - but I HAVE a lot of ribbon I'm afraid. I really wish I had a large area to get some of the containers/shelving like Maggie and Paige are talking about, but don't have it right now.

I've seen a lot of different ways people hold the ribbon but I really think it depends on how much room you have in your craft area. I'd LOVE to find some of those slanted type things like they use in the store to put mine on. Jim could make that easy - but alas.....no room in my area.

Lynn
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #3370
Forum Fanatic

Whoops Darlene- I have mixed your life and Jeanettes lives up...... Wouldn't it be fun to actually get to switch lives with someone else for a day? Who would you want to be.....?

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart: ) I think Katie will be in Heaven! Best part is hanging all of the cards up on the wall... : )

Kelley- what a terrible scare for your DD's friend and his family. I sure hope he is OK!

Ribbon, well....I used to make little kids hairbows..... I love ribbons! I found what is efficient for me is keeping ribbons together in jewelry jip lock bags in a 4 drawer Tupperware storage- one drawer is for the ribbon. I keep them in bags by colors - the far Lt section is Grosgrain, the next section is grosgrain and ribbon on spools. Next, satins, next organdy and finally ribbons with prints. In this section, I keep all of the Christmas ribbons together, all of the ginghams, etc......SU styles in different colors. I keep like ribbons together with a metal ring holding the bags together for some of them. I try to roll the ribbon around my fingers in a circle and store it in the bag so it does not get creases....but some still do. I am not a huge bow girl on cards- but I do love it when it works out.

Off to bed- it is another busy week- like everyone else!

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #3371
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!

Wow, loads of good info on ribbon storage here, thanks! Rushing around this morning, have to run into town first thing but overslept a bit. (needed it) Will be back later to comment more thoroughly.

Trading lives, huh? Not sure I could get anyone to trade with me LOL! But it sure is an interesting thing to consider, Shelly.

Wishing everyone a great day today!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #3372
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Freezing here this morning.

I've got a lady coming tonight to talk about cleaning my house! Yippee! I'm so excited to find someone. Hope it works out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #3373
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello Ladies--you might have noticed that Jeanette has been absent from SCS since last Friday. She wanted me to tell all of you she is fine--however there are some health issues for some of her family members that she is dealing with. She is not sure when she will be back to post or share her Weird Holidays............... but she misses everyone and will be back soon. If you have can send a prayer her way, that would be wonderful. Thanks!
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #3374
Quacker Stamper

Thanks for the heads up Barbara about Jeanette. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers. It is a stressful time of the year and everyone is so busy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #3375
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies! Be sure and keep Jeanette in our thoughts and prayers! I PM'd Barbara and thanked her so much for letting us know.

Y'all should be so proud of me!!!!!!!!!! I finished all my Christmas shopping!!! YEAH!! I bit the bullet and went to the city this morning - all by my myself too! I made Jim stay at home! LOL! It can get so much more done when I don't feel like I'm dragging him for one shop to the next. AND, I had to run into Hobby Lobby for a couple of things - and only glanced at the stamping stuff!!!! I knew if I stopped there I'd be in that place at least 2 hours and I just wanted to get everything through and done today. Traffic was horrid, crowds were rude, and Lynn was just glad to get home!! Now all I have left to do is wrap up this stuff! I used to spend at least 30 to 45 minutes PER PACKAGE wrapping and several years ago I decided that was for the birds! Now everyone (not included kids) are doing good if they get it in something other than a gift bag! LOL! Before, I really did have some pretty packages.

Hope everyone is doing good and remember to be thinking of Jeanette.

Lynn
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #3376
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Thinking and praying for Jeanette!

My hubby is back from Ky- he left the dog there with my parents. It is funny- I miss the dog and am enjoying not have to walk him, pet him, throw the ball to him, etc...... Since we are going to Colorado, and seeing my parents in 2 weeks they suggested just leaving him at their home. I will be interested in seeing how he acts when he see's us in 2 weeks : )

Lynn, I ran around all day- I bought dog food to donate to the pound- you should see how crowded it was there- I cannot lift, so just asked some random young man that was there to carry the bag in for me- and asked him just to leave it on the counter........

I stopped at Archiver's- all stamps 40% off...I went or some storage containers- and got a couple of stamps. I had quite a few picked out and then put alot back.

Off to bed- I have to work the in the morning.

Night
Shelly
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #3377
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I couldn't sleep so decided to peek in the threads.

Thank you for your kind words, your thoughts, and of course any prayers you say on my/our behalf. I'm trying to cope better. We'll see how that goes.

Love all of you and will get back to checking blogs, etc. ASAP!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 12-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #3378
Quacker Stamper

Jeanette, so good of you to pop on and say hi when you have so much to be concerned about. Yes, still sending up prayers for you and your family.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #3379
Quacker Stamper

I know that you guys know that I'm a cat person. I have 4 that live in my house, but I also have at least 6 that live in my back yard. One of them became a momma about 2-3 months ago, but I didn't know where she had the kittens. She just came here to eat but actually lived somewhere else. She finally brought those babies to my yard for meals and they've been here ever since. I decided it was time to trap them to take them to be fixed. Mom especially. I don't want any more kittens around here. I have a GF who is a cat rescuer and yesterday she brought me 2 traps (I already have 1) and I put them outside last night when I got home from work. Didn't take long, I have the mom and one of the kittens in 2 of the traps. The other baby has eluded the 3rd trap so far. She was in it, but didn't trip the trap, so was able to get out of it. I left it out over night but I don't think I got her in it. It's the older trap that I had and is harder to trip and since it's such a small thing, it wasn't heavy enough to spring the trap.

Anyway, I'm taking them down to the Spay/Neuter place early this morning and get them taken care of and then off to work. I'll have to go back later this afternoon to get them. My GF is going to take the 2 babies to try to domesticize them so I can find homes for them. They are so adorable - all white with little black fuzz on the tops of their heads - twins!

Here's a photo of mom with one of the babes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (16).jpg (48.6 KB, 6 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #3380
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, everyone!

Maggie, thank you for sharing about your kitties and mostly, your LOVE and caring for them. Your generosity is appreciated, even way over here in Miami. Not a lot of people would do what you do! If I were closer and could take that lil white snowball kittie, I soooo would!!

Blessings!
x0x0
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #3381
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette - still thinking about you and so glad you popped in to say you're coping!

Maggie..........How cute about the cats and kittens. You REALLY are a "cat lady"!!! Pretty little white kitty - and like Kelly, I'd take one or two also! We have an older female cat (Sassy). She's right at 10 years old now. She stays outside all the time, but comes in the house to eat since we can't leave cat food out because of the racoons and possums. She's gotten to where she really likes staying in the house as much as she can get away with - guess it's because she's getting old and doesn't want to be out in the cold or hot weather ( I can understand that completely!). Rambo (our doxie) just basically tolerates her is all! LOL! We had her fixed quite a few years ago - I think it was after she had like three litters in one year!!! NOT GOOD!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday!

Lynn
Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #3382
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Jeanette - still thinking about you and so glad you popped in to say you're coping!

Maggie..........How cute about the cats and kittens. You REALLY are a "cat lady"!!! Pretty little white kitty - and like Kelly, I'd take one or two also! We have an older female cat (Sassy). She's right at 10 years old now. She stays outside all the time, but comes in the house to eat since we can't leave cat food out because of the racoons and possums. She's gotten to where she really likes staying in the house as much as she can get away with - guess it's because she's getting old and doesn't want to be out in the cold or hot weather ( I can understand that completely!). Rambo (our doxie) just basically tolerates her is all! LOL! We had her fixed quite a few years ago - I think it was after she had like three litters in one year!!! NOT GOOD!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday!

Lynn
Hey Lynn, you live in Texas, north of me. No problem for me to drive up there and deliver these 2 babies to you! I"ve got mama in the garage recovering, the baby (Casper - it's a boy) is at my GF's house. I just talked to her. She said he's already calming down some. He didn't run and hide when she walked into the room. When I got home I changed out the traps and put more food out for the other kitten and guess what! 10 minutes later, I've got the other one in the trap. So I get to do this all over again tomorrow. I put this one out in the garage next to its mama so maybe won't be so scared.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #3383
Quacker Stamper

Lynn, thank you for the beautiful card I received today. I just love that die cut tree. Where did you get that? I don't thnk I've seen that one around.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #3384
Pearl-ExPert

LOL!!! Maggie, I'm a little too far west to take that kitty! Like about 5 hours or so! That IS an idea though! LOL!
I doubt if you'll have any trouble getting rid of them.....they're so cute and cuddly looking.

Glad you got the card ok........Jim came walking in today after getting the mail - and had a whole hand full of cards - that I had forgotten to put postage on!!!!!!!!!! He just rolled his eyes at that one!! So now I have them to mail again tomorrow! Don't know where my mind is half of the time! Of the tree that's on your card is done with a die from Impression Obsession. I really like it but wish there were different sizes.....it's just one die and one size.

Stay warm tonight - it was 27 when I woke up.......BRRRRRR.......

Lynn
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #3385
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi

I should be in bed, but had a whim of inspiration hit me, so had to make a card...hehehe

Jeanette- keeping you in prayers!

Maggie- one of the nurses I work with has wild cats in her yard- feeds them and had had them neutered also. She has a name for them- which I cannot remember. Bless you- I cannot have a cat- too bad on the allergies. The dog only seems to bother me when it gets cold out- he sheds a little bit. Usually, there is more of my hair on the floor than his!

I am working tomorrow, so better get to bed- I work 1/2 a day Friday, then get my hair cut- then to get everything organized for Colorado.

Hubby decided tonight he is going to the Orange Bowl in Miami- he and a friend are driving....24 hours from here..... We both went to NIU... what a nut!

I have not mailed out any Christmas cards- we'll see how I do.... Hubby needs to write the letter. Our idea this year is to divide up the letters- and have each of the kids take 2- and take pictures where they are- so Katie holds up a letter and takes a picture in China- and the letters spell our name- Katie saw it on Pintrest. So far, we have 3 pictures. So, we'll have to get that together and get them in the mail once we get all of the pictures- hopefully at the latest by early next week.

Have a great day,
Shelly
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #3386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
LOL!!! Maggie, I'm a little too far west to take that kitty! Like about 5 hours or so! That IS an idea though! LOL!
I doubt if you'll have any trouble getting rid of them.....they're so cute and cuddly looking.

Glad you got the card ok........Jim came walking in today after getting the mail - and had a whole hand full of cards - that I had forgotten to put postage on!!!!!!!!!! He just rolled his eyes at that one!! So now I have them to mail again tomorrow! Don't know where my mind is half of the time! Of the tree that's on your card is done with a die from Impression Obsession. I really like it but wish there were different sizes.....it's just one die and one size.

Stay warm tonight - it was 27 when I woke up.......BRRRRRR.......

Lynn
LOL! I'm so torn between cartridges and dies. I have some fabulous Cricut cartridges, but some of the more intrique ones don't cut well. Not sure if it's my blade or just the fact that that they have such small spaces. After the holidays I'll get a new blade and try that out. I know that it works good on some c/s and not on others. I have issues with some of the die cuts too like flourishes that have small areas. I do like the fact that you can make cartridges any size you want, but again it depends on the image whether it comes out well or not.

30 degrees here this morning, but we're supposed to warm up and have rain this weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #3387
Quacker Stamper

That sounds like a fun idea for your Christmas letter. My kids used to write great letters - my SIL's are both very comical.

Dogs are sometimes different than cats. My SIL that lives in CA is very allergic to kitties, but they are able to have a dog. Depends on the breed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #3388
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning to my fellow Addicts!

Jeanette, prayers continue. Know that a LOT of crazy stampin women on SCS care about you & yours!

Maggie: Kudos to you for spaying/neutering the wild cats & kittens! More people should follow that practice. Cats usually adore me but my allergies do not permit me to cuddle and pet them.

Lynn, could you please come to NH and get my shopping done???? Pu-leeeeze??? LOL
Actually, I'm hardly buying any gifts this year so it shouldn't be such a big deal. Still sticking with the gifts in a jar idea for some, made cards & tile coasters. Will make candles and maybe more cards for other gifts. That should about do it for us.

Shelly: if I miss you, please have a WONDERFUL visit in Colorado!! It sure will be interesting to see how your dog reacts when he sees you again.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #3389
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! I'm so torn between cartridges and dies. I have some fabulous Cricut cartridges, but some of the more intrique ones don't cut well. Not sure if it's my blade or just the fact that that they have such small spaces. After the holidays I'll get a new blade and try that out. I know that it works good on some c/s and not on others. I have issues with some of the die cuts too like flourishes that have small areas. I do like the fact that you can make cartridges any size you want, but again it depends on the image whether it comes out well or not.

30 degrees here this morning, but we're supposed to warm up and have rain this weekend.
Maggie: I've had the same experience! Even if I put in a new blade. And, like you, if I use a thinner weight of paper, they cut better, but then I have difficulty getting them off the cutting mat without them wrinkling, tearing, etc. Grrrrrrr.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #3390
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, SAs!!

Getting an early start here before I start the daily run-around! Luckily, I finished my Christmas shopping YESTERDAY, hoot hoot! Next, I have to put the finishing touches on the homemade gifts!

Maggie, my dh is the same way - he is highly allergic to cats but some dogs are okay. We even have a rescue dog that came to us that we've adopted with horrendous mange and a skin disease - dander, etc but he even was able to tolerate Buster - go figure! I've had kitties my entire life until marriage

I have the same problem with my cricut cartridges - some cut smooth as butter, others are like it doesn't press down hard enough. I havne't used it in 3 years! I even kept replacing mats, thinking maybe the paper wasn't staying in place for it to be able to cut. I never made the connection about the blades.

x0x0
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 AM   #3391

Thank you for your continued prayers. My FIL seems to be holding his own. He's doing okay; not great. The other one dealing with the big health scare is having two tests tomorrow - waiting is so hard.

hmmmmmmm.... all this talk about Cricuts. Truthfully, I haven't used mine enough to even know how well it is or isn't cutting. I probably should just sell it, since I don't use it. But it is such a pretty dust collector. LOL!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #3392
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls - it is finally starting to brighten up here this morning after a day of rain....

I have finished my shopping - went to a local stationery store that was having a 'special' night last night and got some card for me from DH at 25% off ....

I have yet to send my cards, and I had them made early.

Jeanette I will continue to pray for you and yours.

I have a cat that I am mildly allergic to, but we get on fine

We did have a neutered stray hanging around that I eventually managed to catch and take to the vets for a permanent 'send off'. She had been terrorised by her previous owner, and then abandoned, and was spraying everywhere and scavenging all around the neighbourhood, despite the fact we were feeding her..... I felt a heel catching her after 6 months or more of feeding her and getting close enough to catch her, but she was not a 'happy' cat at all.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #3393
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I should be in bed, but had a whim of inspiration hit me, so had to make a card...hehehe

Jeanette- keeping you in prayers!

Maggie- one of the nurses I work with has wild cats in her yard- feeds them and had had them neutered also. She has a name for them- which I cannot remember. Bless you- I cannot have a cat- too bad on the allergies. The dog only seems to bother me when it gets cold out- he sheds a little bit. Usually, there is more of my hair on the floor than his!

I am working tomorrow, so better get to bed- I work 1/2 a day Friday, then get my hair cut- then to get everything organized for Colorado.

Hubby decided tonight he is going to the Orange Bowl in Miami- he and a friend are driving....24 hours from here..... We both went to NIU... what a nut!

I have not mailed out any Christmas cards- we'll see how I do.... Hubby needs to write the letter. Our idea this year is to divide up the letters- and have each of the kids take 2- and take pictures where they are- so Katie holds up a letter and takes a picture in China- and the letters spell our name- Katie saw it on Pintrest. So far, we have 3 pictures. So, we'll have to get that together and get them in the mail once we get all of the pictures- hopefully at the latest by early next week.

Have a great day,
Shelly
Hey Shelly. When do you leave for Colorado???? Have a safe journey.

Wild, outside cats are feral. Down here when you have them spayed/neutered they clip the left ear so if someone finds one outside, they know that it's already been fixed.

When is the Orange Bowl game? Is he going to that before you go to Colorado? How long will you be gone?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #3394
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Good Morning to my fellow Addicts!

Jeanette, prayers continue. Know that a LOT of crazy stampin women on SCS care about you & yours!

Maggie: Kudos to you for spaying/neutering the wild cats & kittens! More people should follow that practice. Cats usually adore me but my allergies do not permit me to cuddle and pet them.

Lynn, could you please come to NH and get my shopping done???? Pu-leeeeze??? LOL
Actually, I'm hardly buying any gifts this year so it shouldn't be such a big deal. Still sticking with the gifts in a jar idea for some, made cards & tile coasters. Will make candles and maybe more cards for other gifts. That should about do it for us.

Shelly: if I miss you, please have a WONDERFUL visit in Colorado!! It sure will be interesting to see how your dog reacts when he sees you again.
Isn't that weird that so many people are allergic to the cat dander. I don't know what I'd do without a furry baby to cuddle with.

I did some gifts in a jar for a few friends for Thanksgiving. Not sure if I'll have time to make any before Christmas. I do have another project that I want to work on though. I think home made gifts are so nice to receive. I like to make them too, but not much time right now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #3395
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Thank you for your continued prayers. My FIL seems to be holding his own. He's doing okay; not great. The other one dealing with the big health scare is having two tests tomorrow - waiting is so hard.

hmmmmmmm.... all this talk about Cricuts. Truthfully, I haven't used mine enough to even know how well it is or isn't cutting. I probably should just sell it, since I don't use it. But it is such a pretty dust collector. LOL!
I"m so glad to hear that news about your FIL. Prayers for his continued recovery. Prayers also for the other one with the big health scare. Hope the test show what is wrong and what to do to fix the problem.

My Cricut sat for over a year after I first bought it, but then I started doing some bulletin boards at church so I started using it more, and now with being on the DT's, I use it more. I do wish it would cut better though. I think I'll get a new blade on Saturday and see if that will help.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #3396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Morning girls - it is finally starting to brighten up here this morning after a day of rain....

I have finished my shopping - went to a local stationery store that was having a 'special' night last night and got some card for me from DH at 25% off ....

I have yet to send my cards, and I had them made early.

Jeanette I will continue to pray for you and yours.

I have a cat that I am mildly allergic to, but we get on fine

We did have a neutered stray hanging around that I eventually managed to catch and take to the vets for a permanent 'send off'. She had been terrorised by her previous owner, and then abandoned, and was spraying everywhere and scavenging all around the neighbourhood, despite the fact we were feeding her..... I felt a heel catching her after 6 months or more of feeding her and getting close enough to catch her, but she was not a 'happy' cat at all.
Glad you got your shopping done. I've been making my cards all year so I should have a pretty good stash in the other room. I printed off my labels today so now I just need to write and sign in them and stuff the envelopes.

I think it is so sad when people just abandon their pets like their garbage and not to be taken care of. They are so dependent on us for everything.

Wanda was outside waiting for her dinner so she is doing well after her surgery yesterday. I'm anxious to see how she does without her babies. I didn't know if she'd stick around coming here without them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #3397
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, that's such a cute idea for a card!!! FUN! Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip to Colorado. How long are you staying there? Ah.....the Orange Bowl..........you'll have to tell your husband to pop in and see Kelly!!! LOL! (The Orange Bowl IS in Florida, right!)

Maggie, you're so special to do that for the furry animals! Hugs to you!

Jeanette, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Know this must be a stressful time for you.

I finished all my Christmas wrapping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I'm completely ready now (at least until something else pops up!). We may be having hot dogs for Christmas dinner though! LOL! Actually, I'll be making some Trash next week and maybe doing a little baking. Oh, what we call "Trash" is actually Chex Mix! Thought I'd better clarify that one so y'all wouldn't thing I'm making actual trash! LOL!

Lynn
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #3398
Forum Fanatic

It's bedtime- so here I am to say hi! Hehehe I am working extra tomorrow- 1/2 a day- we are really busy, so they are offering an additional $9.00 an hour, then have a haircut....picking Stephi up tomorrow night and heading out Sat PM- back next Thursday PM. Ahhhhh No I am not ready- nothing wrapped yet....

Thanks for the well wishes- I appreciate it! The Orange Bowl is New Years Day- and it is in Miami : ) My husband and a friend are going to drive- 24 hours- I think they are a little crazy, but oh well!

Maggie- ferel-that is the name for the outside cats she was using- and she did tell me about the clipped lt ear too. Bless you!

Lynn- thanks for the card : ) Ahhhhh I would love a day to sit and stamp all day long and make some fun cards. So lucky to have all of the gifts wrapped.

I made a turkey last Sunday- feeling like I should.... crazy moi...so tonight after work, I made Turkey noodle soup. I am a big soup eater when it is cold out. I made a huge pot, so I have a couple of containers in the freezer for later too. Jeanette- I would bring you some if I lived closer- soup always lifts my spirits.

My cricut gets dragged out on occasion- I have the Make the Cut, so do not have to spend tons of $$$ for cutting files- lots of free ones.... and I can import a shape and cut out the outline with it too. I am having better luck since I changed the blade. I don't have a place to put it out- on a table top-, so I guess out of sight, out of mind.....

OK- off to bed,
Shelly
Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #3399

Sounds like lots of fun activities going on... and impressive ones who have EVERYTHING ready for Christmas, including the wrapping of gifts. I am in awe!

Shelly, I love homemade soup - and love to make it, too. In the winter I make some kind of soup almost every week. It's great and the leftovers make a nice lunch for DH (he eats lunch here at home).

Kelly is in Miami... I think we should ALL go to the ummmmmmmmmmm Orange Bowl with the guys, don't you? oops! Probably couldn't get that many tickets (LOL!) so while they're at the game, we can go hang out with Kelly!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #3400
Pearl-ExPert

I saw that some of you mentioned the Cricut. Mine has sat unused for __ years! I keep saying I'm going to try it again, but don't. Please, please talk me out of buying the Silhouette Cameo! I'm so weak! Speaking of weak, I'm going to let my SU demoship go, but I did go into their newest clearance rack listing and ordered enough to keep me active for another quarter! Merry Christmas to me!

Christmas shopping is almost done. We draw names in our small family and so I only have two gifts to wrap (DH and I are not exchanging gifts this year, as we may have to replace a kitchen appliance or two!). i still do stockings for my children, even though they are adults, they said they like all the little, silly things I find to put in them. So I have those to buy fillers for and a few gift cards as well.

I didn't get my baking done last weekend like I wanted. We were snowed in and i was short on a few ingredients. But shortly I am going to start on "Soft Gingersnaps with White chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting". I also have on my list:
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies, Praline Cookies, and Soft Sugar Cookies. I had already made Caramel Puff Corn and popcorn balls. The popcorn balls are going fast, so I may have to make another batch before the boys come home - bad me! Oh, and rather than making fudge this year, i ordered a big box of See's chocolates online - due here on Monday! Hope I can stay out of the box till Christmas!

We are to get rain here tonight, transitioning into freezing rain and then snow. We are under a winter weather advisory all day tomorrow. Fun times!