Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #3041
Die Cut Diva

Have a good trip Jeanette!

Lynn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #3042
Die Cut Diva

Hey Everyone!

I'm back home for a few days. Seems like DH have been in our car more this month, then at home. Visiting our children, friends, and misc trips here and there.

This week DH and I have been out of town from Monday until today for medical appointments. DH had a colonoscopy and the next day I had a stent put in so the Dr. could zap a kidney stone. I get the stent removed next week. That was a new experience for me and one I hope I don't have to repeat.

Darlene, I collected a large amount of mail from the PO and your beautiful project was among the bills and junk mail. Thank you so very much! It's fabulous!

Lynn, we are finally getting our front window fixed from a major storm over a year and a half ago! Our large front picture window broke from straight line winds and hail. We felt we had to hire a certain contractor to fix it and he has been so busy repairing houses and buildings he is just getting to us in about 3-4 weeks!

I know I've missed more news and discussions, so will just wish everyone a great weekend coming up!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #3043
Die Cut Diva

Paige!!!!! Hopefully all will be ok now that they got the stent in there! No, I don't think I'd want to repeat any of that either! Will be keeping my fingers crossed that all gets better. Sending hugs to both you AND your hubby!! I'll be thinking of you both!

Lynn
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #3044
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Safe travels Jeanette! You are not far from me- but I am heading out tomorrow for Michigan...... It is going to be in the 40-50's here, so bring your long underwear... : )

Paige- Oh I hope that stent works the first time- and the kidney stone moves and gets out of there! I hope you are not having too much pain!

I have the program Make the Cut that works with the Cricut and cutting files, however.,..... Provocraft sued MTC and the other program Sure Cuts a Lot and since they are small companies, they settled....so the program is no longer sold with the plugin that works with the Cricut and MTC or SCAL.......

I played around with putting digi's in Word today and hitting the wrap and tight and merged some images...... I still cannot put images too close to one another, or there is a part of the image you cannot see, so still have to work on that.....

Off to make a card- Oh its a little late...... maybe I will do it in the AM......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shelly
Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #3045
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone, I'm really dragging here, not sure why, but all day yesterday I was so tired.

Paige, sending prayers for comfort and health for you! Try to take an easier load the next week or so, ok?

Thanks for the info on the cutting program, Shelly. I remember that lawsuit and thought that perhaps you had a different program that wasn't involved. It's kind of a shame that there can't be any other start ups, you know?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #3046
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Safe travels Jeanette! You are not far from me- but I am heading out tomorrow for Michigan...... It is going to be in the 40-50's here, so bring your long underwear... : )

Paige- Oh I hope that stent works the first time- and the kidney stone moves and gets out of there! I hope you are not having too much pain!

I have the program Make the Cut that works with the Cricut and cutting files, however.,..... Provocraft sued MTC and the other program Sure Cuts a Lot and since they are small companies, they settled....so the program is no longer sold with the plugin that works with the Cricut and MTC or SCAL.......

I played around with putting digi's in Word today and hitting the wrap and tight and merged some images...... I still cannot put images too close to one another, or there is a part of the image you cannot see, so still have to work on that.....

Off to make a card- Oh its a little late...... maybe I will do it in the AM......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shelly
I have he same problem when I try to merge digi's even though I follow the instructions. I know I"m doing something wrong, but don't know what it is.

I did work on a card last night and got the image colored up and a design worked out in my head. Now, just to put it all together. It's going to be a busy next couple of days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #3047
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm back home for a few days. Seems like DH have been in our car more this month, then at home. Visiting our children, friends, and misc trips here and there.

This week DH and I have been out of town from Monday until today for medical appointments. DH had a colonoscopy and the next day I had a stent put in so the Dr. could zap a kidney stone. I get the stent removed next week. That was a new experience for me and one I hope I don't have to repeat.

Darlene, I collected a large amount of mail from the PO and your beautiful project was among the bills and junk mail. Thank you so very much! It's fabulous!

Lynn, we are finally getting our front window fixed from a major storm over a year and a half ago! Our large front picture window broke from straight line winds and hail. We felt we had to hire a certain contractor to fix it and he has been so busy repairing houses and buildings he is just getting to us in about 3-4 weeks!

I know I've missed more news and discussions, so will just wish everyone a great weekend coming up!
Hey Paige, hope you are feeling better and that stent works.

Oh, glad you're finally getting that window fixed.

Hope you have some time to rest this weekend. You both deserve it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #3048
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Happy Friday.

I've got dinner plans with a GF tonight and then I'm taking the Copics Intermediate class again tomorrow. It's all day! But it'll be fun and I'll brush up on what I learned the last time. I still need to get things together for that. I need to check out restaurants in the area for lunch and dinner. I could actually come home for dinner since we have a 2-hour break.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #3049
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good Morning!

Remember me?!! I'm sorry to be missing so much! My dd17 & 15 go to a peforming arts high school and when it's showtime, it's showtime! Truly the entire weeks surrounding it are too much but this weekend is a little slower, thankfully

Marilynn - thanks for the head's up on the Stamp Fairy! I had no idea! How fun!!

I hopefully have visited you in the past week or so ... I had my ipad with me and squeezed in a few blogs at a time Love seeing your creations!

BLessings!
x0x0
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #3050
Die Cut Diva

Morning!!!

Paige, hope you're feeling better, etc......

Maggie, oh, how I wish I was taking that Copic class with you today. But, I'd have to go to the beginner one! They just don't have those classes in San Antonio for some reason. In fact........ALL of the scrapbooking stores have closed there!!!! They have one stamp store (that's wonderful) but they have classes in the mixed media. Guess I'll have to make a road trip.

Kelly, glad you're still kicking! LOL! Know you must stay so busy with the kids - but enjoy each minute you can as they grow up too fast.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I didn't get over here yesterday - but will be better this weekend!

Nothing planned for me today - except to finish a card I started two days ago! I'm doing some sewing on it and just didn't want to get the sewing machine re-threaded and all that - LAZY!!!

Lynn
Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #3051
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning!

Remember me?!! I'm sorry to be missing so much! My dd17 & 15 go to a peforming arts high school and when it's showtime, it's showtime! Truly the entire weeks surrounding it are too much but this weekend is a little slower, thankfully

Marilynn - thanks for the head's up on the Stamp Fairy! I had no idea! How fun!!

I hopefully have visited you in the past week or so ... I had my ipad with me and squeezed in a few blogs at a time Love seeing your creations!

BLessings!
x0x0
That's the way it is when my DGD is getting ready for Nutcracker or her dance recital! It's crazy. I know my DD will be happy when DGD is able to drive herself and she won't have to be doing so much of that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #3052
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning!!!

Paige, hope you're feeling better, etc......

Maggie, oh, how I wish I was taking that Copic class with you today. But, I'd have to go to the beginner one! They just don't have those classes in San Antonio for some reason. In fact........ALL of the scrapbooking stores have closed there!!!! They have one stamp store (that's wonderful) but they have classes in the mixed media. Guess I'll have to make a road trip.

Kelly, glad you're still kicking! LOL! Know you must stay so busy with the kids - but enjoy each minute you can as they grow up too fast.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I didn't get over here yesterday - but will be better this weekend!

Nothing planned for me today - except to finish a card I started two days ago! I'm doing some sewing on it and just didn't want to get the sewing machine re-threaded and all that - LAZY!!!

Lynn
They did have a Copics standard class in San Antonio. That was the very first class that I took. It was taught by Jenn Balcer. I drove to San Antonio because we didn't know if and when they'd ever have one in Houston. And then the following year they she did come to Houston, and I retook the class. That was last year. Then this year they announced the Intermediate classes and since one was in Dallas, I signed up for that one back in June and same thing - didn't know if and when they would have one here so I went to that one and then they announced the one here for today. It was great. Had such a fun time with Colleen. She is really a hoot! She told us she's been promoted and is now the new Marianne Walker. She's in charge of setting up the classes - Director of Education. Marianne is now head honcho and will be dealing more with marketing. They have new classes that will be coming up next year - advanced of some sort. Colleen couldn't tell us but they are supposed to be announced on November 15.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #3053
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, how do you find out where the classes are going to be held? Is it on some web site or what?

I REALLY would like to take one and had no idea they had one in San Antonio. I get the monthly news letter from the store in San Antonio, but never saw where they were holding this class. Did you take it at Stamp Antonio?

Lynn
Old 11-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #3054
Die Cut Diva

I went to COPICmarkerS.com - a Period Style website and saw a schedule for November. Tried to subscribe to their newsletter but couldn't get it to go through. Is that where you go for the information?
LYnn
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #3055
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, how do you find out where the classes are going to be held? Is it on some web site or what?

I REALLY would like to take one and had no idea they had one in San Antonio. I get the monthly news letter from the store in San Antonio, but never saw where they were holding this class. Did you take it at Stamp Antonio?

Lynn
Yes, it is. Go here: COPICMARKER.COM | U.S. Distributor of Copic Markers At the top, click on the Instructors&Certification button. It will take you to the Standard Certification classes that are upcoming. Of course right now they are just about finished for the year and will be announcing on November 15, the classes for next year.

Sorry you missed out on San Antonio. Just think I could have met you back then. They didn't have it at Stamp Antonio so it wouldn't have been in their newsletter. I've been there before. It was held at a hotel.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #3056
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I went to COPICmarkerS.com - a Period Style website and saw a schedule for November. Tried to subscribe to their newsletter but couldn't get it to go through. Is that where you go for the information?
LYnn
Hmmm. . I didn't even see where they had a newsletter on that site.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #3057
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Just back from MSU- went to a football game and MSU got beat with 6 seconds left to go...... We sat through the game it was 35 degrees when we left!
We had fun visiting our daughter and her friend came up with us to- stayed in the dorm with Stephi. Ray and I watched Dirty Dancing- I had never seen it all of the way through. I love to watch dancing.....!

The Copic 2 cert I took was good- we only had 7 people in the class! They said d/t sign ups they prob would not do it in that location again. Every time they had one by me, I had to work, so took class 1 in Ohio and class 2 in Michigan, both when visiting kids at college.

I signed up for their news by e-mail and also follow the Copic FB page. I think a class 3 would be great!

Kelly- sounds so cool to have the kids in the Nutcracker- WOW! That is neat!

Maggie-- if I get any more info on merging digi's, I will post the link- anyone else know how to merge and get rid of the border???
How was the Copic class?

OK- off to get unpacked and get the counter cleared off!

Shelly
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #3058
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Maggie! I'm going to be "on-watch" now!!!!

Shelly, sounds like y'all nearly froze to death! The things we do for children and football! LOL!
Glad y'all had fun though.

Oh, by the way.............I MADE A FLOWER!!!!! So proud of myself I was about to bust! (Just don't zoom in on it when I post my card though - LOL!) I'll post it later this week if I can get a picture tomorrow!!!

Lynn
Lynn
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #3059
Die Cut Diva

I found this tutorial some time ago on merging images and forgot I'd book marked it.
I think I followed it at one time, but didn't get very far. Maybe this will help.
Clearly iStamp: Tuesday Tutorial: Using Word to Create Simple Scenes with Digis

Lynn
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #3060
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Happy Monday. One more day boss-free!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #3061
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I found this tutorial some time ago on merging images and forgot I'd book marked it.
I think I followed it at one time, but didn't get very far. Maybe this will help.
Clearly iStamp: Tuesday Tutorial: Using Word to Create Simple Scenes with Digis

Lynn
I'm not sure if that's the one I saw before or not. I'll have to check it out later.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #3062
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good Morning everyone!! Can you believe its November already?!! xoxo
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #3063
Pearl-ExPert

Good Tuesday Morning everyone

Thanks for the tutorial link Lynn - just after my SIL: set me up with Libre instead of Word... They are very similar, so I should be able to work something out - I hope

Lovely sunny weather here, but a cool breeze, so I should be able to work in the studio with a clear conscience and finish the Christmas cards - I do one design in bulk, then I don't have to wonder who got what next year ... well that is my logic and I am sticking to it. I also have a lot of birthdays to craft for too, so that frees me up a bit.

Enjoy the elections folk - I have already heard too much about them, not being a political creature - and then next year we have them too........ not that your media would give them the coverage that our media gives yours!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #3064
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, I can't believe you're hearing about all this mess way over there! I'll be so glad when the election is finally said and done......tired of all the commercials on TV, phone calls to plug candidates, and reading the paper!

That's a good idea to stick with one design for Christmas cards. May have to try that next year.

Maggie, hope you have a good boss-free day!!!

And Kelly........we just think it's November! Actually Christmas is going to be right around the corner folks!! EEK!!

I think Darlene is doing the DOTW this week again...........

Oh, I've e-mail Indah and still haven't heard anything. Any thoughts on adding someone else, etc..........

Lynn
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #3065
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Good Tuesday Morning everyone

Thanks for the tutorial link Lynn - just after my SIL: set me up with Libre instead of Word... They are very similar, so I should be able to work something out - I hope

Lovely sunny weather here, but a cool breeze, so I should be able to work in the studio with a clear conscience and finish the Christmas cards - I do one design in bulk, then I don't have to wonder who got what next year ... well that is my logic and I am sticking to it. I also have a lot of birthdays to craft for too, so that frees me up a bit.

Enjoy the elections folk - I have already heard too much about them, not being a political creature - and then next year we have them too........ not that your media would give them the coverage that our media gives yours!
Good luck with getting all your Christmas cards done. I've tried doing that before - making all the cards the same, but I get bored and need a variety, so now I usually make 4 or 5 in a month the same. Here lately though with all the challenges, I've made lots of different ones

Ugh! So glad that tomorrow is election day. I'll be happy when it's all over. Just hope my guy comes out the winner!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #3066
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, I can't believe you're hearing about all this mess way over there! I'll be so glad when the election is finally said and done......tired of all the commercials on TV, phone calls to plug candidates, and reading the paper!

That's a good idea to stick with one design for Christmas cards. May have to try that next year.

Maggie, hope you have a good boss-free day!!!

And Kelly........we just think it's November! Actually Christmas is going to be right around the corner folks!! EEK!!

I think Darlene is doing the DOTW this week again...........

Oh, I've e-mail Indah and still haven't heard anything. Any thoughts on adding someone else, etc..........

Lynn
It almost wasn't boss-free completely. He called me about 2 and said they had just landed back in Houston. Ooops. He asked me a couple things about work and I told him I'd call him back. He wanted to know if his pre-billsl were ready. I had to check with Accounting. Actually they were on his chair in his office, but since I hadn't been in there, I didn't know that. I called him back and told him they were there along with 2 packages he had received. I asked him if he wanted to swing by the office and I'd take them downstairs to meet him. He thought that was a great idea! Whew! Dodged that bullet. Back to reality though tomorrow. I actually did get a lot done while he was gone - getting files organized and ready to close and getting some current filing done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #3067
Quacker Stamper

Stopped at the AT&T store on my way home and bought a new cell phone. I haven't really been happy with my Blackberry since I got it so I'm hoping this one will be better. I cancelled my Data Plan and my GPS app. Never use either one so no sense in having them. Will save me about $50 a month. Enough to pay a cleaning lady maybe.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #3068
Die Cut Diva

LOL!! Maggie, that was pretty sneaky to do to your boss so he wouldn't come back to the office! Too Funny!!! And quick thinking too!

What kind of phone did you get? One of Jim's sons has a Blackberry (through work) and he hates it. He also has an iPhone and carries both - one for work and the other for personal! I do good trying to keep up with one phone - no way could I handle two of them!
I hope you get that cleaning lady now!

I'll see everyone tomorrow - going to mess around for a while on the computer and then hit the bed.

Lynn
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #3069
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I had a Blackberry Curve and was very frustrated with it. The one thing that bugged me was that the battery would get used up even when I didn't have it turned on because it was still working with getting e-mails to your phone - don't know why else. I don't use my phone that much and I don't use it to get e-mails, so decided that I didn't want that feature anymore.

I got an LGXpression that slides open with a keyboard rather than a flip phone. They were able to transfer all my contacts for me so I don't have to set up phone numbers, but it's going to take some time to get used to the touch screen and navigating. I did try the camera out. Worked great and had a fabulous picture. That was another thing with the Blackberry. The pictures were not really very good.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #3070
Die Cut Diva

You'll get used to that new phone in no time at all. Jim got one similar to that the other day and he's really liking it. He has a lot of trouble with "mechanical" things like that (LOL!) but he caught on really quick!

Hope everyone is having a good evening! Anyone watching the Pres. returns?

Lynn
Old 11-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #3071
Quacker Stamper

Nope, I haven't turned on the results show yet. Just got done in the shower and now heading to my stamp room.

I did get around to everyone's blog today and left comments. I guess I have to create something if I want to put something on my blog.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #3072
Die Cut Diva

Have fun stamping Maggie!!! I didn't see your PIN card on your blog this morning - but saw it through the group and loved it!! Great design!

Lynn
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #3073
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Have fun stamping Maggie!!! I didn't see your PIN card on your blog this morning - but saw it through the group and loved it!! Great design!

Lynn
Thanks for letting me know. I had it scheduled, but I think the date or time were off so it didn't post. I just released it so it's on there now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #3074
Pearl-ExPert

Well looks as though you folk have Obama back - hopefully there will be no great legal challenges etc to prolong the process for you
Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #3075
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

No, it doesn't look like there will be any challenges to the outcome Maxine.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #3076
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since Darlene didn't post with a Discussion of the Week (so far) I thought I'd at least throw something out here...........(Darlene, I'm sure you're busy - but if you want to go ahead and post something other than this, just throw it out here)

Anyway, Discussion on the Week (or maybe DAY)

Washi Tape!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have it, use it, hoard it, etc....? What's the difference between that and just paper strips with glue on them, do you wish you had some, thinking about buying some. Is this just a trend, or do you think it's the up and coming thing to go to instead of paper?

Lynn

Lynn
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #3077
Die Cut Diva

Here is a video I watched recently on Washi Tape, there are many more, but this gal talks about the different kinds:

washi tape series #1 - YouTube

I have some "washi" tape although after watching her video not sure if mine qualifies as the real thing. I bought the 4 pack tapes at Target in the office supply area - got all four color collections. I've also bought some on the daily deal sites and Impress Rubber Stamps online store. I'm mostly in the collection phase right now and then when it is out of date I will use it! It's so pretty and also comes in fun patterns.

there is a current discussion just beginning in the General section of SCS on Washi Tape. Some posts have links to places to buy or tuts on how to make your own.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #3078
Die Cut Diva

I'll have to check out that video. I don't have any right now and if it's like everything else, by the time I break down and get some, it'll be old news! I can see that since it's tape you could use it on other things besides cards - which is good. Kind of like duct tape I guess.

I've actually seen tutorials on how to make it (Pinterest) but that looked like more trouble than what it was worth. Maybe I'll check that out again.

What kind of Daily Deal sites are you talking about Paige? I saw one mentioned the other day called Pick Your Plum but haven't checked into it yet.

Lynn
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #3080
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hi ladies- been off studying Chinese like crazy- I found a couple of series of You Tube video's that were really helpful- watched all of them! I am going to work on making sentences out of the things I have learned to make sense of it........

Paige- how are you doing? I have been to your blog a couple of times, and it is so unusual for you to 'NOT' post...........

Maggie- you are sneaky- meeting the boss with the stuff so you could continue your 'boss free' day- that was a great idea!

I have not used any Washi tape that I can remember. I won some- but it was not my colors...... I like the way it looks, just have not tried any. I will check out the links you posted.

Will be going out to lunch with a friend, then back to work tomorrow- it was nice to have 10 days off, and I can look forward to more time off once I work my week on......... I thought I would have time to play with some mixed media, but I did not get that done- I have a couple of classes I want to do and a couple of Pan Pastel projects I purchased to try on canvas : )

Have a great day
Shelly